All Comments on 'My One Big Affair Ch. 04'

by Catmoore

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
It really is a shame that all that energy couldn't be directed toward their spouses

since they were the ones that actually deserved it. OH I ONLY STAYED WITH MY HUSBAND/WIFE FOR THE CHILDREN..............WHAT BS. They were both ingrates and deserve no sympathy or empaty and in real life they normally would have been caught. Or I wonder did the spouse have their own things going. Since this is supposedly based on reality that may have just been the case with one or both of them. I hope it was. They deserve more than these ingrateful sluts gave them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Just a cheating wife story.

No sympathy. Give the bitch a cyanide pill and put her out of her "misery." And, as for him, maybe losing the race to beat a train at a railroad crossing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Quote: "They loved their dad just as I'd LOVED him" so the bitch admits she DOES NOT LOVE her husband anymore. Wow what a asshole character this writer has written about. This writer has written about two people that deserve each other, two cheating assholes that should have told their partners they no longer love them and then tell the kids they want them to meet their new "Mummy" and "Daddy" asshole. Then in chapter 5 the ex wife and ex husband that the assholes ditched get togther and live happily ever after with all the kids hating and dispising their "Mummy" and "Daddy" assholes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Why stay?

She is a cheating whore that is using her children to justify staying where it is safe and secure. Why stay, your time is not spent with your kids.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

The writing is good and I think you captured the emotions well, but it is still a story about two married people cheating because they at first wanted to have sex with each other and later professed to "love" each other. All the prose and emotion can't hide the rather ugly truth of what the whole story is about, no matter what the reasons or situation. Often the "love" professed to each other in these affairs is not coupled with the reality of living together full time. Many times the faults and foibles of each person, along with the reality of children reveals the truth that the marriage partner was not all that bad and Richard at least is certainly trying to do his best to support his family though his long work hours.

Don't know if you are going to write another chapter, or an epilogue, but there are certainly some hints that Richard may suspect something is going on. With any luck he is having an affair also while his loving wife is trying to hide hers from him. That would be poetic justice indeed.

m48gunnerm48gunneralmost 12 years ago
Well Written

Well Written, but sad from every point of view. The lovers can't be together and end their affair and on one level that is sad, but sadder still is the fact the their spouses are in marriages where they are NOT loved..maybe some of it is their problem, but still they are not the ones CHEATING and Lying to their families are they? So they stay together because of the children is marriages without love and respect. No remorse or guilt was ever expressed by the cheaters, no great moral battles fought over their cheating.....just a pair of shallow selfish people who decided that rather then put the effort into making their own spousal relationships into a better marriage they would look outside of their marriage for their satisfaction....what a deal!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

with what I would assume to be curious behavior, her spouse was not put on notice? The the pi and the reports that verified her cheating and being pitched out of the lives of Richard and all others in the family unit. SHe loves another, yet will stay with Richard, regreting what she does not have and coming to laothe Richard for not being jack. One ending for her to leave Richard with the expectation that jack will follow, to find he does not and she lost ..it all.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
just a couple of cheatng

pieces of shit. who give a fuck about their loss - well written but i did not develope anything but loathing for the cheaters. not sure if that was what you were looking or going for - but they were disgusting selfish pigs without a moral compass. if they were honest they would leave their families to be together but then it would be bad breath in the morning, tired from work in the evening, hours of booooring house work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Well that was four days of my life I'll never get back....

These two wastes of space cheated, lied, and deceived their spouses and learned NOTHING. Of they decided not to break up two families, should they get an award? The damage is done. They both think they love the other but are staying in their marriages with no guilt over the months of screwing around. Hell she is staying in hers and she considers sex with her husband cheating on Jack!

These two loosers deserve each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
total garbage

Puke!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Bunch of Assholes

You spend all this time reading a story that even from the title is very clear that it's about cheating on your spouse and yet you condemn the story because of exactly that. Grow up, shit happens, that doesn't make it right, but if all your going to do is attack the author over the subject, why even bother to read it. Affairs happen, the world's not perfect, there are high and low points in every relationship. I've been involved in one and miss her so badly that it feels like a death. Does that make anything right about it? Nope, just saying that's the way it is. Get off your high horse! All of you!

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
well written

and you got the characters down perfectly - the wife was a cheating cunt more interrested in her husbands money than actually being honest and leaving him for the "love of her life" and the lover was a piece of shit that was only interrested in dipping his cock into some new pussy. it is fair to say they will both cheat again and this was probably not their first time.

you captured them perfectly - well done. making readers hate a character and become emotionally involved in them is just as hard to do as making them love a character.

i hated them both - so you did good.

IrfonIrfonover 11 years ago
Conflict of morals ?

Superbly written - well done !!

Explains more of the womans' viewpoint,really well...

Very enjoyable & also very sad.

Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well written, except....

they were cheating. They were giving their love to people who weren't their spouses or children. I'm not sure which is worse. The physical side of their affair or the emotional side. Just confess to your cheating and get a divorce. Life is too short for your spouses and children to have to accept your part-time affection. They get no credit for ending (maybe) their affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
So in the end.

All you really did was lie, cheat, and steal from your spouses, from your family's, from yourself's. You will never be the same, your marriages will never be the same, your family's never the same. Selfish, self centered, and non erotic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Just a pair of cheaters

They've already damaged their families beyond repair. Just get divorces. You aren't doing anyone any favors and when you get discovered the shit storm will destroy everyone involved. Dumb ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

meeeeeeh. i don't think he was the love of your life - it was all one fantastic fantasy. the thing with affair is... there is no downs in relationship like that. everything seems so perfect and it's easy to mantain passion when y'all don't see each other very often + add the taboo if the affair... and there you have it. and i think you knew that you couldn't work with him in real life - otherwise, you would've wait for the kids to grow a little older.

my parents divorced when i was 7 because my mum fell in love with another man and it all worked well. so yes, it's possible, people can adapt and children can forget and forgive. jack didn't have to lose regular contact with his kids - it's 2014, he could've had joint custody. also, you would've got joint custody, too.

and no, you didn't break up for children's sakes. do not fool yourself. you broke it off because your love wasn't strong enough to overcome the fear of unknown, plain and simple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
lol

NOW they think of the children. A very selfish pair. I hope their spouses found out and decided to cheat discreetly during and after the affair.

They already risked their families time and time again. I think 'true love' for w/e it's worth....is about sacrifice. Like..."I love you too much to risk YOUR marriage."

That's just me.. Some people are wired to be extremely selfish. And they have a cute way of justifying their past actions, and re-writing history. I don't see two star-crossed lovers having a brief but passionate affair. I see two low-lives risking the stability of many, breaking their vows and self respect to give into cheap lust. Too afraid to confess to their spouses, too cowardly to stop it once it started, and too pathetic to keep going through with it in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
what hapened after

did you stay with richard .you need to finish the story

magenta9959magenta9959almost 4 years ago
ruminations and disappointment about authorship

This is well-written, erotic, enjoyable, on both the emotional and sexual level one of the best pieces on Lit. No question. I gave it 5* and favorited it.

And it's not as though we expect ultimate "truth" in what's submitted -- it is, after all, an erotic fiction site, and often well over the top. But the suspension of disbelief plays a role in enjoyment here, and as to that I feel disappointed and a measure betrayed. There is one thing that jars me, and I'd be surprised were I the only person to observe this. I haven’t looked at every comment, but it seems as though this has gone unremarked for a few years since the stories first were posted.

The following phrase on p.1 is so idiosyncratic that it jumped out at me. I thought I’d seen it before.

"There's some cold chicken in the fridge and loads of salad you can have for dinner."

Ran a search. Found, to my surprise, that the first page or so here is nearly identical, letter by letter, to the first page of "The Love of My Life, A Tender Offer" by Mandywilluk2000, posted in 2005. The lover in each, Jack/David, is even an " attractive forty something guy in the bright yellow rain top, jeans." A Brit thing I suppose, part of the uniform for secret lovers across the pond. The two stories each total around 7-8 pp. I’m sure there are other commonalities.

Like I said, it's not as though one expects an especial form of truth here on Lit, but unabashed wholesale theft seems a bit much. Or is Cat in this together with Mandy, or with her consent? The photos suggest that they're not the same person. And if so, why keep it sub rosa? In many other stories there’s a take-off or continuation of another author’s story, but disclosed in advance and usually with thanks to the original author. Not that it’s a real issue, I’m not the authorship police. But the non-disclosure and repetition is somehow disappointing to me, and it feels like a form of betrayal, even as I enjoyed both of their takes on the situation. I still hope they keep writing, but ...

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

So she ends the affair because of the kids she neglected several times? But not because of any feelings for the husband? This marriage is dead and she will cheat again.

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

Waiting for the husband to get his head out of his ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"True love" is just another word for love without responsibility. Or in popular parlance, "lust". Because love has costs: loyalty, fidelity, and, yes, sacrifice. And satisfaction derives from it's faithful fulfillment and loving gratitude from it's recipient. It took me until my second marriage to learn that as a husband. Something which I recall with regret and took some years to make amends, and I might add with the loving support of my second wife. 31 years later I have great love and pride in my spouse and our children. That this pair did it once likely means they will do it again because they lack impulse control and don't know the difference between love and lust. Were this real, I would feel sad for their spouses because their irresponsibility would eventually out them with real consequences. If a spouse wants what some call "strange", then do it concensually with the other spouse or leave the marriage. It's not complex. A good sequel would have them or one of them learn from the consequences. This ending leave little confidence they really learned anything. But it's not a moral tale but a well told fiction here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous