All Comments on 'My Rocks'

by smokeandmirror

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
vickitvohiovickitvohioover 2 years ago

sorry, it just didn't add up. If there ever was a couple that I would root for a RAAC ending, this would be it.. However, two things. TWELVE YEARS! Seriously? It took her 12 years to figure out she didn't know what to do with her life. That she was stuck in his. It's not like she worked all 12 years. lol The second thing was GNO started happening MORE frequently, but she just sees her ex on the last one, gets tapped by him AND caught IN THE SAME NIGHT. Please!

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

So he became a cuck becuse he needed to live in the same house as his step daughter for three more months before she moved out for college?

Coulda done that without taking the whore back

Just a heads up, if you want to write a cuck tale, USE the cuck tag

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Crap story. All there was, was excuses, excuses become a whore more excuses.

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

Eh 4 stars rounded up from 3.5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting story, very interesting. Glad it was a reconciliation story because of Sam. I enjoyed it.

However there were some pats missing.

LIKE the lover guitar player. The band he played for should have been rejected by each and every one of his bars AND informed of why.

Then (the MC is bound to have contacts on the dark side of life) have the guitar player taught to not play with married women. Hands destroyed would fix that.

Curlee

XimandXimandover 2 years ago

1 star

Typical emotionally manipulative garbage, where a good person is made to suffer because the evil person isn't enjoying himself anymore and the third party only thinks of themselves.

Horrible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great way to teach the "Princess" how to emotionally manipulate people. I'm sure she'll grow up to be a real gem. The correct answer is for the MC to say "I can't fix what I didn't break. And I don't have a time machine."

I love a good reconciliation. This was not on the same planet as a good reconciliation.

Also, I can't understand too much anger at the guitar player. HE never promised the MC anything. HE was never warned off. He just took what the cheater freely offered. In other words, just a typical sleaze, not worthy of much attention at all.

AK the cheater is the one to feel anger and revulsion at.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for your story. I hope to see more in the future. There will be those who think the only answer is to "burn" the one who cheats but to often everyone loses when that happens.

somewhere east of Omaha

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Tough story to rate. Gave 4 stars, up from 2 then 3. That is how my thinking went after reflecting on the theme. My decision on upgrading was Sam, and the connection to her "Dad". Cheating by either spouse is, to me, unforgivable, BUT, the stories author did a generally good overall job in the presentation of feelings of all parties.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"The sale went through with no issues and I thought I would take a quick trip into the bar to see how things are run." - Wouldn't you check out how things are run BEFORE you buy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Was just OK and as others pointed out it din't make sense. If he was only in to for his daughter she could have lived with him and they way they cared for each other where she slept wouldn't matter. He would see her as much as he did before. Why no divorce? If he loved her and wouldn't divorce her for sleeping around the apartment and crap was a waste of time and money. If he was willing to divorce just do it. He really was not accomplishing anything. He would support Sam forever no matter what and AK was tending bar and loving it. So she had her ONS (or more) and keeps a daughter who is supported by rich husband.

Her part about the cheating didn't;t add up. Being with Mike could make her feel like old times. She could have followed his band all around and still not cheat. She never really said why she cheated.

Didn't feel like she suffered and didn't feel like a raac.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Good story. 12 years is a long time for Nita to figure she felt lost. However I know from personal experience that even with a good job/ career some women get to wondering what they are doing in their mid thirties.

I gave you a 4 star rating

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

I thought it was a sweet little story. I hope you can write more like this, but expand on the interactions between the characters. I know why you inserted the "Sam," point of view switch, but that wasn't well done or necessary. Stick with one narrator. Don't worry about the nastygrams from the knuckle-draggers. They are what they are. You did good. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn cum eater .1 star

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

It was a good story until you rushed the ending. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Desperate for a raac, which was totally undeserved. Strong story concerning father/daughter relationship. Would have rung a bit more true if when Sam requested to leave her cheating, slut mother and live with him he had accepted. Let AK live with the consequences of her actions. That would certainly meet her need to be "uncomfortable".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Did Mike know AK/Nita was a married woman when he left with her to do the nasty? Don't recall that being verified, most likely, yes he knew she wasn't a single mom anymore. Why did Brian give Mike a pass for having sex with Nita/AK? Brian banned the band (*?*) from his clubs but not Mike specifically. So Mike starts a new band, Nita is working on the booking of bands, she just continues booking those that Mike plays in. Back to square one.

It seems that there are some ragged edges that need to be trimmed here. Mike should have had a specifically applied ban on him ever being hired by or setting foot in any club owned by Brian (We reserve the right to refuse service...). Nita should have been required to go to work and put everything she made into an account to replace anything Brian ever spent on her or Sam. This is more of an exercise for her to pay her way than Brian's actual need of the money. Shoot, there will just be more for Sam to inherit some day. Brian should have started calling her A-Nita, for Anti-Nita, as she was the opposite of who he fell in love with.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 2 years ago

If you are going to make it raac, add the tags.

Saves reading it and seeing him take her back just to see Sam who is going to college soon anyway.

What a messy ending. Just makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Never quite reached the quality that the core of the story was trying to find.

.

Basic problem was that the only character with any personality was Sam. Brian was very boring, and Nita was a blank. The absence of any substantive prose illustrating how and why they got married, or how their relationship grew…or not…in 12 years of marriage made evaluating the “problem” impossible to understand.

.

So a very average effort. 3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ah, yes, go see a shaman known as a "therapist", repeat stupid "therapeutic" cliches, and everything is fixed. The therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or counselor in these stories is just a 1940s snake handling faith healer in drag.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Despite all of the tough guy comments, ultimately the wronged husband has to ask himself one question, “Am I better off with her or without her?”

Slick742Slick742over 2 years ago

Great story loved it. Appreciate the time you took to make this real and not phony. Keep writing please.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Helluva real world story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was clear from the beginning he was just a bank to put a roof over their heads. The crap about "uncomfortable" was unadulterated bullshit. Better off with or without is also crap. If guy lives by a code, he can't take her back. That's it.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 2 years ago
A wonderful story about two adults and a child

Nita was human, failed, and knew she made a huge mistake. Realistic, human, and touching.

It's nice to read a story where mistakes are made, recognized, and two thinking, feeling, callable humans work through it. Not just for the child, but for themselves as well.

The old knee jerk "cuck" cry is passè.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Terrific story told from the heart. 5 stars.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

It was a great story and very good writing. But the resolution, the ending per se, left the story feeling flat. Nothing was resolved, just ignored so life could go on. Without Sam and Brian's special relationship, Nita and her would be living on their own. Brian, according to your ending, just capitulated. Other than Brian convincing himself of it, did Nita really love him or was it a thankfulness of having herself and Sam financially cared for. That was never nade clear.

management91399management91399over 2 years ago

Nice little story, I kept thinking you were messaging us that AK was going to go back with her guitar player lover when she decided to be the talent scout for the bars and be in charge of entertainment. Basically, she could make or break Sam's father's band now, (This guy has an almost grown daughter but is still playing in bar bands!) by booking him or blacklisting him. The rest I liked, it kept me going, yeah Brian seemed pretty detached, he was a great father, a mediocre husband and a great businessman. I wish AK would have talked to him first before the fling, a lot of these dramas have the wife looking for something and deciding it's cock when in reality had she had a real conversation OR ATTEMPTED a real conversation with her husband the heartbreak could have been avoid.

But then we'd have nothing to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another RAAC by a weak-willed man lead around by his dick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was a great idea for a story, but the execution was weak and contrived. Even the courtship started out awkward. "I own the business you work for, but that should have no influence on our relationship." What kind of denial manipulative bullshit is that? But then they get married, and AK, a streetwise experienced savvy single mother becomes a couch potato and party girl? It reads like her husband didn't even know who her friends are, where they go for the evening, and what they do. Didn't they have any mutual friends, family, coworkers that they socialized with? The distant and shallow relationship between Nita and Brian made no sense. And Nita just stayed at home, no job, no idea of going back to school, college, trades, simple intellectual stimulation?

Just too contrived and abnormal. Hell, he couldn't even hang around to talk to his step daughter after her games that Nita didn't attend? Brian would know Nita's work schedule. Or he could just tell Nita that he and Sam were going out after the game and he would bring her home. Hell, they were married for 12 years!

Too enabling, too codependent, too cowardly and weak. Nita will be fucking Mike as soon as the coast is clear and she has an opportunity. Why not? The dumb shit didn't even enforce the prenup. She knows for sure now she has him by the balls. But just to be sure she will turn up pregnant in a few months. I wonder if the dumb shit will even think to get a DNA test?

Try again, but use some human beings with some brain and backbone next time.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

These stories are so bad that my head actually hurts reading them

...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Story didn't feel right.

Explore more why this happened. Also you need justify them staying. You basically just wrote, she cheated and he really didn't do anything long term about it.

So she can cheat again just be more careful?

Story needs work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just finished reading the reviews. Overall you did a good job. Your reviewers for the most part seemed to be fist draggers, to improve a writers skill, I believe in positive reinforcement. My main comment to the haters is if you can do better, then have at it. To many mean an nasty people in this world. Keep writing.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Certainly ranks up there with some of the best written stories.

Not sure if I am a fan of her "reasons"......though it was a one time deal it wasnt a mistake of a one time deal.

Granted most of the wannabee alphas wet their panties (most do) over a recon story this wasnt all that bad. I wouldnt even call it a RAAC as it wasnt an all out slut fucking the brains out of everyone they meet, THATS a true RAAC story.

Yours was probably more of a real world reconciliation. But of note though, the MC and his wife just felt flat, and Sam could have always just called her dad at any point instead of needing to do the whole ball game thing. So you lose a bit in the plot points.

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019over 2 years ago

A nice story and I like nice stories. Thank you.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Dealing with an EX is usually a practice of patience with gritted teeth and disguised anger or the aching lust of unrequited live. My guess is she still had feelings for the jerk that knocked her up. She sees him on stage and has a few drinks and, bingo! She’s ready to fuck him again. MAYBE, her shrink helped her see the light, maybe her brain recognized the golden goose and tol her pussy to shut the fuck up. My guess is she’d do the slime ball again if she ran into him a few years down the road. She’d just be more discrete next time. BUT the MC seems to think otherwise and is too invested in Sam to split, so he’s there for the duration.

Pretty well written, enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

tough crowd, but you do write a lot of RAAC stories. I think I agree with most that it didn't add up. Twelve years is a long time to realize that you are "lost".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@silentsound, poor baby:

Then why read them?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sounds like they didn't take the time and effort to build a life together. They sound more like roommates who share benefits and a daughter, rather than a real family. He doesn't even adopt Sam until the end. It's no wonder Nita didn't feel like she fit into Brian's life, though what she did about it was clearly wrong.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

I don't completely understand Nita's psychological problems, or why they made her cheat. It was a good story though, and I really like Sam, so it was a good, tenuous, reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I read the story and the reviews. They were pretty typical. The exception is you got a comment out of BR1958. She doesn't comment much, so kudos for that. I thought it was a 4.5 story, but I can't give that, so I rounded up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Left hanging.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Don't worry anon. After enough headaches from nonsensical plots and reconciliations that don't make sense or cardboard characters, I leave them alone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

so this man's reward for taking in a destitute family is living with a hoe the rest of his life?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The hubby bartered his balls for his "rocks". Unfortunately this isn't the only story written by this author thats a pathetic raac.

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

C'est la vie say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell........

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 2 years ago

Good job.

Well told.

An enjoyable read.

Ignore the comments of the anonymati trolls. Their opinions matter less than their appreciation of good writing.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
What

What sort of bar owner buys a bar without checking it out as he did at the start of the story.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ehh, it was ok. Some of it was a little unbelievable. Like anita allowing this strange man to sit with her daughter as she worked. As a parent I can assure you I would've though he was a pervert. Anita didn't know him like that. I was like what, when the guy said he'll watch sam when she's working. Umm lady, he's a stranger, there's a lot of weirdos out here, you can't just trust anyone to watch your kid. The story was a bit boring. I don't understand why he didn't investigate anita's claim she only slept with Sam's father once? He took her word for it but the way anita was acting with her ex, seemed couple-ish. It also had to have been planned. She was waiting for him to fish his band stuff. I also didn't like how he fired anita's ex but anita got to keep her husband . Where was anita's punishment? It was ok. Just ok

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Story lacked intensity. Sam was a bright spot in an otherwise lackluster tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yo Smoke&M.

did you notice your first stories were highish 3's.

The last 3 (4.35,4.07 and 4.10) - getting better.

Ignore the haters - they live to blast authors efforts. Can't write a lick themselves.

I would if I could, but I'm can'tl, so I don't.

Writing is hard the LW crowd is brutal. Keep writing - my only humble suggestion is more personality with the characters. Compare Sam to the stiff other 2.

The 4's show you have it. Just keep trying.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - not quite my kind of story - especially where kids are involved. Keep writing.

You need to work a bit more on your dialog, background info and feelings.

QuintiusQuintiusover 2 years ago
invisible_bridges said it very well...

Like your past stories, this one felt stilted and clinical. I never got a sense of Brian's emotional state the entire time after he found out AK had cheated on him. We were told he was upset but there was nothing written to really SHOW us the depths of his emotional state. Frankly speaking, that's boring.

There's not much else I can say about the story that hasn't already been said by other commenters. It has the bones of a good story but there's nothing really compelling about it besides Sam. Although she wasn't really written well when first introduced she grew on me as a character in her teen years. Beyond that, though, this story turned out kind of bland.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

Whoops. Forgot this author is a cuckerotica specialist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story I love it when Plan B works

onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 2 years ago

Wouldn't he have crossed the Sahara Desert barefoot if Sam had asked? Why'd she have to go through the whole pitching thing for a chance to talk to him?

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

Well written CUCK story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

“And then I paid for her to become a paralegal, she got a job at a law firm and started fucking her boss because he helped her feel ‘comfortable’ in her new world.”

kirei8kirei8about 1 year ago

I don't think either Brian or Nita really knows what romantic love is. They both know what love for a daughter is though. Maybe they will learn the other type with Sam's help. But with Nita showing little if any remorse, I doubt it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story love ruled

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous