My Soul-Mate Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Heather panicked "Oh God! Come in and sit down on the couch! I'm going to call 911!" Heather told me.

I gasped in relief. The pain suddenly vanished. As if it was never there. No lingering pain, no numbness, no tingling, no left over burning sensation. Nothing at all of the pain was left.

Heather was confused by the sudden change. "What's happening?" Heather asked. She had her phone in her hand.

I took a deep breath. "The pain, it vanished. I don't know what came over me. It was a hot burning sensation, then left as suddenly as it came." I replied.

Heather still looked conflicted. "Are you alright? Do you still want me to call 911?" Heather asked.

I shook my head. "No, I'm alright for now. I'll let you know later how I'm doing." I replied. I stood up, in disbelief at what had just happened. I looked down at my hands, then looked up at both Heather and Annabelle. Heather had a puzzled look on her face while Annabelle looked worried.

I walked towards Heather, being careful not to look at Annabelle who was right beside her.

"Are you alright?" Annabelle asked.

"I'm okay, really. I don't know what came over me." I replied to Annabelle. I made it sound as though I was telling Heather I was okay.

"Okay, well you can feel free to look around if you want to." Heather told me in a still worried voice. She looked like she didn't believe me at all.

I decided to take her up on her offer. Her home was a single level house with only one hallway that went straight to the back door. There was a door that I could only assume was a bedroom to the immediate right of the front door, and a coat closet to the left. A little further down the hallway was two doors to the right, and a kitchen with a medium sized table and chairs to the left. Past the kitchen was a very open living room with another door on the right side of the hallway. She had an entertainment center to the left most wall, a couch and a reclining chair facing the entertainment center.

There were pictures on the walls, flower pots on the window sill, and a rug that was in front of a sliding glass back door. She had shelves placed on the walls with various figurines and trinkets. A pleasant smell of some sort of candle permeated the air. There was also the smell of something being cooked, though I didn't quite know what it was.

I sat down on the couch, which was a two seat tan color. It was very comfortable. I stiffened up as Heather sat down beside me, mostly because Annabelle was already sitting there. Annabelle dematerialized, then reappeared in the reclining chair.

"Is there anything you want to watch?" Heather asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing in particular, just put on something you want to watch." I replied. If I focused on a movie or TV show of some sort it would help pass the time, so I was more than willing for her to put something on.

"Okay. What about Criminal Minds?" Heather asked.

I nodded. "Sounds good." I replied. I actually liked Criminal Minds, and watched it frequently.

"Okay. I'll put it on." Heather responded.

Heather dug out a PlayStation 4 controller, to which I raised an eyebrow at.

"You have a PS4?" I asked. I was definitely surprised, she didn't strike me as the gaming type.

"Sure do. Why, are you surprised?" Heather asked.

"Kinda. Most girls I know don't play video games. Assuming you play videogames." I replied.

"I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted. Either way, I'm not like most girls. I do work at and do house calls for a cable company." Heather told me jokingly.

"It was meant as a compliment." I assured her. I left it at that. I didn't want to converse with Heather more than I already was.

An episode of Criminal Minds had started. There was some poor girl meeting a gory end at the hands of a serial killer.

"Do you ever notice how none of these girls ever have protection? Whether that be mace, a knife, taser or gun? I think that is very unrealistic. Or how they try to help someone broke down on the side of the road, then they get kidnapped, raped and murdered that way? It's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me." I commented. The girl was trying to hold her blood in her throat which had clearly been slashed from ear to ear. She had less than a zero percent chance of survival.

"Yeah, sometimes the murders are poorly written and acted. I watch it for the story of the main characters." Heather replied.

"Yeah, the characters are more complex than the killers, that's for sure." I agreed.

"Oh! The food should be just about done!" Heather told me. She stood up and ran to the kitchen.

I didn't even look in her direction. The TV show was more appealing to me than Heather.

"It's done! I made spaghetti! Would you like some?" Heather asked.

I tried to resist but my stomach growled at me.

"I would love some." I replied. I stood up and walked over to the counter where Heather had placed two plates for her and I. She waited for me to get food before she did. When I got to the table I waited for her to sit down before we started to eat.

Dinner was slow for the most part, I kept conversation to a minimum but was polite and answered rather meaningless questions. Heather was trying everything she could to win me over. She would have better luck with a brick wall. She was a pretty girl, and we shared just about every interest possible. Besides in each other.

When I was done I excused myself and went to the sink to wash my plate. When I was done I put it on a dish strainer. Heather followed me and washed her dish as well.

I went to go sit down on the couch, and Annabelle sat down in the chair again. Heather sat beside me.

We continued watching Criminal Minds, at least I did. Heather soon made it known that she wasn't focused on the TV.

Heather ever-so-slightly rested her head on my shoulder, and grazed my leg with her right hand before resting it in between us. She stayed in that position for a while before realizing her tactic wasn't working. She then moved her hand up my leg, and rested it on my thigh. Her fingers brushed deliberately against my member.

I sighed, and took Heather's hand in mine, moving it away. Heather looked confused at my rejection.

"Heather, I think you are beautiful and are everything I'm looking for, but I barely know you. I know you are trying to seduce me and it's taken everything I have not to give in. I like you, but I want to start with getting to know you." I told her. Most of it was lies.

She studied me, then nodded. "I must say I'm a bit surprised. That is not the response I was expecting. Normally that's all guys want. You are not like the other guys I've tried to date." Heather replied.

I knew Annabelle was watching and couldn't help but smile, not for Heather, but Annabelle. "I've heard that before." I responded.

"So does this mean you're not interested in me, or?" Heather asked, her voice trailing off.

"I'm very much interested, but I want to get to know you first." I replied.

Heather smiled. "Your mom raised an honorable man." She told me.

"Thank you." I replied.

"So where do you want to start?" Heather asked.

I wanted to start with the door. I wanted to leave, delete her number and never come back. "I guess we can start with if you've lived in Oregon your whole life." I asked.

Heather nodded. "Born and raised, right here in Salem. Same with my parents. What about you?" Heather replied.

I nodded. "Same story with me. I grew up in Albany my whole life, though. What schools did you go to?" I asked.

"I was homeschooled. I lived a very sheltered, antisocial and secluded life. I've never really had any friends, but have had plenty of attention from guys. Some of it reciprocated, most of it not. All fell through. You are the first guy who has shared similar interests. Which I guess is why I have been trying so hard." Heather responded.

I laughed. "Finding a guy that plays games isn't exactly rare. Where are your parents now?" I asked.

Heather sighed. "They moved to Portland, one of the biggest cities in Oregon. We're still close, and I visit weekly. What about you? Are you close to your mom?" Heather asked.

I nodded. "Yes, we are very close. After my father died when I was a kid, I became inseparable with her. I suppose that's only natural. I recently moved out of her house earlier this year, and moved into a house that was bought for a steal of a price." I replied.

"I'm sorry to hear that your father died. May I ask how he passed away? If that's okay." Heather asked.

"Yes, it's okay. He died in a car accident. A drunk driver crossed the divide and hit him at eighty miles an hour. Both died on impact." I replied.

"That's terrible. How did your mom handle it?" Heather asked.

"She was depressed for years. She finally healed from it, but told me she would never date or marry again. She told me that my father was her only love." I replied.

"How did you handle it?" Heather asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, I don't remember much about it. It was traumatic, and I've suppressed the memories for the most part." I responded.

Heather looked sad. "You guys have had a tough life. I'm glad you guys are better now." Heather replied.

I nodded. "Me too. I'm just glad that I have her. My mom could very well have died, but miraculously survived." I told her. I looked at my phone. The time read 10:24. "Unfortunately I do need to get going. I have work tomorrow." I lied to her.

Heather looked sad. "I see. Well I suppose I shouldn't be keeping you. I'll walk you out." Heather replied.

"I had a good time tonight." I told her. I stood up, waiting for her.

Heather stood up with me, and started walking to the front door.

I followed behind, eager to leave.

"Colton, you need to sell this date somehow. You need to kiss her. I know you don't want to but you need to. I have been thinking and it would be very wise to keep the appearance of a relationship. It would get your mother off your back, and would stop anyone from questioning us." Annabelle informed me.

I could feel her behind me. I wanted to shake my head, but knew she was right. I had never thought of that before. Instead, I nodded.

Heather opened the front door, and motioned for me to come out.

I complied, and waited for her.

Heather closed the door and joined me out front. The cold bite of the winter air was in full force. She started shivering.

"It's cold out, isn't it?" I asked.

Heather nodded, smiled and wrapped her arms around her chest.

"Well, considering what you were going to do with me earlier, I don't think you'll mind too much if I do this to warm you up." I replied, wrapping my arms around her waist and leaned in to kiss her.

Heather met my lips with surprising eagerness, and wrapped her arms around my neck.

It was nice, but I felt sickened by the act. I stayed just long enough to sell the kiss then broke it off.

Heather closed her eyes and smiled, but kept her arms around my neck and hugged me. "I take it you want to see me again?" Heather asked.

I nodded. "Sometime very soon." I replied, lying.

Heather smiled, then kissed me again before releasing me.

"Goodbye for now." I told her.

Heather nodded, then squeezed my hand affectionately.

I nodded, then turned around to head back to my car. I waited until I heard the door close before I talked to Annabelle. "I feel absolutely disgusting for what I've just done." I told Annabelle.

Annabelle materialized in front of me, and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I know, I don't like it either. But we need to keep up the charade. It benefits in more ways than it hurts." Annabelle replied.

I pulled back. "How can you say that? It hurts you. Don't you understand you're the only thing that matters to me now? It hurts you! You are my entire world now." I told her, arguing.

Movement caught my eye and I looked over to see a neighbor across the street looking at me. He couldn't see my right ear so I held my hand up to it like I was talking on a Bluetooth headset. "I've got to go, I'm getting funny looks from people. I'll call you back when I get home." I said to no one.

The neighbor walked away, thinking I was just being an ass to someone on the phone.

I sighed, and opened Annabelle's door and shut it quickly when she got in.

I ran over to my side and quickly got in to talk in private. "You are everything to me. I love you more than my life itself. This hurts me to see it hurt you. I know it does." I said softly.

Annabelle was silent for a while. "Colton, it doesn't hurt me. I know that you love me with all of your heart. I understand that you don't like it, but it is the best solution that we have." Annabelle replied.

I breathed deeply, then nodded. "I'm sorry for getting upset. For yelling at you earlier. It was uncalled for and I feel like a jackass for yelling at you that way. You were trying to make me feel better and I was an asshole." I told Annabelle after a few minutes of silence.

"I know you are. It's okay, I know the situation is inadequate for both of us." Annabelle replied.

I kissed her hand and held it in mine until we reached our driveway.

I exited the car and did the usual ritual, then headed for our front door. We entered, then went straight to bed and blissful sleep in each other's arms. I was too exhausted, both mentally and physically to make love. Before I lost consciousness I pondered what I was going to do tomorrow since I wasn't on the schedule at work. Finally I drifted away with Annabelle in my arms.

CHAPTER FOUR

I awoke to birds chirping loudly outside our window. I yawned and looked over to Annabelle who was stirring. I sat up and looked at my phone. It was ten in the morning; way past the time I wanted to get up. I didn't have work today, I had been put on part time because of a slow season. It's inexplicable really, you would think a gas station would be always busy.

My phone had several texts, from Heather and my mom. She was asking about the date, and how it went. I never told her about it so I knew Heather had told her.

I sent mom a text saying it went great to get her off my back. I knew that would not be the end of it, she would grill me like a beef patty.

Heather had texted twice, telling me good morning and later asking how my day was going. I texted her back, telling her I was on break and that it was going well.

"Good morning, love." Annabelle whispered in my ear and kissed the back of my neck.

A wave of pleasure went down my spine. I wanted to make love to Annabelle, but I knew we needed to work on trying to increase her manipulation of physical objects and the distance that she could be away from me.

"I know, you don't have to say anything." Annabelle told me.

I turned around and gave her a passionate kiss then reluctantly broke it off.

I stared longingly at Annabelle's beautiful ivory naked body. "You're not making this easy on me." I replied.

"Likewise." Annabelle responded.

I stood up and went over to my dresser, and retrieved a new set of clothes. I put them on, then went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and looked over to Annabelle to see her playing with my phone. She wasn't able to touch the touch screen for obvious reasons though. Annabelle has also materialized some clothing.

After I was done, she handed the phone back to me and we went downstairs together. I just made a bowl of cereal and ate it quickly. I loved giving more freedom to Annabelle but it came at a very painful cost. I knew there was probably a limit to how far she could physically be away from me and to what extent she could manipulate objects, but I was still willing to go the very painful and metaphorical extra mile to help her.

We went out the back door and I stood to one side right in front of the fence.

"Walk out to fifteen feet." I told her.

Annabelle nodded. She complied and looked at me, awaiting further instructions.

"Go to twenty feet." I instructed, bracing myself.

She obeyed and surprisingly I did not feel as much tension on us as before.

"Go to twenty five." I told her. Annabelle looked concerned but was reassured because I wasn't in pain.

It was at about twenty five feet that I started feeling the draining sensation and pain. This was a notable accomplishment, because we have never been this far apart in terms of distance. Annabelle was almost to the other side of the yard. There was only about five feet until she touched the other fence.

I nodded for her to go further.

Annabelle looked uncertain but complied. She took another step and the pain increased ever so slightly.

I was honestly dumbfounded. Just the previous day twenty feet felt painful. She was now over twenty five feet away, but I only felt mild discomfort. "Go further." I told her.

Annabelle hesitantly took another step back. She was now less than three feet away from the fence.

I took a deep breath, not feeling hardly any resistance between us. "Go to the fence." I told her.

Annabelle looked scared but complied. With one big step, she touched the heel of her foot to the fence.

Surprisingly, there was no resistance besides mild discomfort. I couldn't believe what was happening. We had never been this far apart before. "You can come back if you want, love." I told her.

Annabelle dematerialized, and reappeared beside me. "I don't know how that happened. We've never been that far apart before." She told me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no idea either. Either way, I'm happy. Judging from how far apart we were, we could have easily gotten to fifty feet without feeling pain." I replied. I pointed to the table of objects. "Well, let's start with the hammer if you're feeling up to it." I instructed.

Annabelle nodded, and picked it up. She looked confused, as she seemed to pick it up fairly easily, and it had been a major accomplishment in the past.

I looked on the ground and spotted a clay pot that was already broken. I picked it up, and set it on the table. "Try to smash it." I instructed.

Annabelle looked at the pot for a few seconds, then back at me. "Are you sure?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yes. Go for it!" I told her, getting excited.

Annabelle nodded, then focused on the pot then a look of determination. She swung the hammer, and shattered what remained of the pot. She set the hammer down on the table, and stared at her hands. "How is this even possible? She asked.

I didn't know, but I was glad that we were making serious progress.

"This is unbelievable." Annabelle replied.

I nodded. I looked at the time, and only a few minutes had passed since we started training. With how fast we completed the training, we had an unexpected amount of time to do other things. "What do you propose we do?" I asked.

"Well, you still need a shower." Annabelle replied.

I crossed my arms. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Annabelle giggled. "It was not supposed to mean anything, love. You normally take a shower in the morning, that's why I said that." Annabelle replied.

"I suppose that's true. Well, let's go do that I guess." I told her, motioning for her to come to me. Annabelle de-materialized and reappeared right beside me.

I opened the sliding glass door and walked back into the house. Annabelle followed close behind.

I walked up the stairs, back into the bathroom and started removing clothes. I looked over to see Annabelle already naked as well.

"You know showers don't do anything for you, right?" I asked.

"I'm not coming in to get clean." Annabelle replied, grinning mischievously.

I raised my eyebrow once more, my nether regions stirring.

Annabelle bit her bottom lip and de-materialized once more.

I knew exactly where she was. I finished removing my clothes then went to the bathtub. I turned on the faucet and waited for the water to get to the desired temperature before pulling on the stopper. I climbed into the bathtub, feeling the hot water on my skin.