My Sweet Sandy Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

Sandy picked her daughter up from the airport a few days later, the dynamic on the farm changing at once.

Jessica was a miniature clone of her mom right down to the blonde hair and love of horses. Near as we could tell, she'd no clue what was really going on between her mom and me. I was the guy living in the trailer by the barn who did deliveries for her mom and worked around the farm.

If she thought it odd I also cooked them both breakfast and dinner and ate with them, she never said so. She loved my scrambled eggs-a dash of cayenne and a sprinkle of garlic powder all you need-and I enjoyed making them for her.

I kept busy with my deliveries, not to mention plenty of work around the farm and cooking for the Greenhouse girls. After dinner, Sandy gave me riding lessons nearly every evening. Soon I was trotting around on Galahad feeling like I could accomplish anything.

By the end of August, the property had been transformed. The trim and shutters on the house were painted bright blue, a striking contrast to the rest of the exterior. The landscaping was perfect and there was now a post installed at the entrance to the driveway displaying a wooden sign identifying the property as the home of Sandy Greenhouse Woodworking.

Sandy and I were able to get time together at night after Jessica went to bed. We had to be quiet, tiptoeing around and making sure the bedroom door was locked, but it worked. Sure, we didn't have the freedom we did before, but enjoying those last few weeks was worth the extra effort.

When September arrived I packed my car to head on back to school.

I stopped by Sandy's to say goodbye. Jessica was on a playdate so Sandy and I made love, walking around the property afterwards. I said goodbye to the horses and fed them carrots. We walked to my car holding hands.

I looked into her eyes. "I love you."

"I love you, too, baby. Now, go. Do big things."

"I will."

I drove down that long, dirt drive with tears in my eyes. It'd been less than two months since I first pulled into that driveway filled with doubts about myself, but it felt longer than that.

That first afternoon back at the start of July, I'd no idea how much I'd learn about myself. Sexual but also a lot more.

***

Twelve years. It gets me every time I pull into that long driveway. Where does time go?

Wherever life has taken me, my path always leads back to that little farm. And life has taken my places. A year in Italy cooking. Another in London. Amassing credentials. Building a reputation. Making a name for myself. All so when the time came there'd be investors eager to back a proven commodity.

Sandy appeared at her front door as I pulled up. I'd been gone two days, missing her and our home. Whenever I'm apart from her, even if only for a few days, I'm always taken aback when I see her again by how pretty she is.

Sure, Sandy's face has a few more lines than it once did and she's thicker in a few spots than when we first met. But I don't mind. She looks as great as ever. The blue dress with tiny yellow flowers she was wearing was one of my favorites.

The usual kisses and hugs followed. "Damn, you rock a sundress," I told her.

"This little thing?"

"Yes." More kisses and a playful squeeze of her ass. "You want to head on over now? I really want to give you the tour."

"Of course," she said. "I can't wait."

We drove over. It was only fifteen minutes.

Sandy turned towards me as it came into view. "I'm so excited."

The building was once a nineteenth century farmhouse on the edge of a small lake. Someone converted into a bar and grill back in the seventies. Then it was a BBQ place. An Italian restaurant, too. It had now stood empty the last fourteen years.

I'd glance at it every morning on the way to Sandy's that first summer. I'd imagine what kind of place I'd turn it into, or what the menu would be like.

It was only during my second summer with Sandy that I thought more seriously about it. If I ever have the funds. Or the backing.

"You know, no one's ever been able to make a go of it here," I said as we pulled in.

"Until now," Sandy corrected me. "You're not worried, are you?"

"Nope."

We approached the buildings, Sandy studying the rough gray stone exterior. I imagined what it'll look like with the landscaping cleaned up and with a new sign.

"Nice size parking lot," Sandy said. "Good visibility from the road. Plenty of traffic going by."

"Wait till you see the inside," I said. "Come on."

I unlocked the door and we went in. Sandy gazed up at the exposed beams and her eyes grew wide. "Look at those."

"You like?"

"It's beautiful." Sandy lowered her eyes from the ceiling and looked around. "Your own place. Big step!"

"It is. Guess what else? I've settled on a name."

Sandy smiled. "Out with it."

"I like 'Farmhouse by James.' What do you think?"

Sandy nodded slowly. "Yeah, me too. It's simple but it gets the farm-to-table vibe across." Sandy moved closer to me. "It's a gamble, but I believe in you."

"You've always believed in me. Even when I didn't. And who was it that taught me to gamble?"

Sandy wrapped her arms around my shoulders. "I wonder."

I pulled her close. "Let's see. How'd you put it? 'Your dreams aren't just going to happen. You have to make them happen.' Something about rolling the dice. Gambling it all on a home woodworking business."

"I'm so happy." she said. "No more of you splitting time between here and Hoboken."

"It's still going to be a lot of work," I said. "Long hours."

"Yeah, but you'll come home every night. Where you belong. Just you and me. Here. Finally."

I kissed her. "Finally."