My Time had Come

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I spoke. Before we start this interview is not to make money. When you write your stories. It must be stated at the beginning and at the end. It is not to make money. I have a legal paper for each of you to sign before we start. Hand them back to my lawyer Mr Taylor so he can check them. As they handed in the legal paper to Mr Taylor. He handed to them a copy of the newspaper report from after the Christmas Party.

The interview was to start.

Your story will run side by side my story. The story that has been handed to you as you have agreed on the legal paper my lawyer has.

First the story that has been handed to you is a pack of lies.

George Winters. The spokesman for the company. He was a hero the paper said. He had fort of an abusive father and protected his wife from being hurt by him. Totally untrue.

The story said. I attacked my wife while she was on the dance floor. George Winters was at the party night. George Winters rushed to protect the man's wife from being hurt by me. Until the party officials could take me away. It was a long way from the truth. In fact, this is what really happened.

I had, had enough of being humiliation for one night. I had to walk past the dance floor to past George Winters and my wife. Who were dancing together? He was caressing the small of her back. She had her hands round his neck and was about to kiss him right in front of everybody.

I am pretty nippy on my feet and knew how to throw a punch or two. I tapped George Winters on the shoulder he turned round. I hit him as hard as I could. I yelled out. My hand was hurting like hell. He hit me and that was all I could remember of the night.

I was in the back of an ambulance moaning my head off. I was alone in the ambulance. Yes., alone my wife was not with me. Then I was in accident and emergency being wheeled somewhere.

The extent of my injuries was. A fractured right arm and hand injuries. Three broken ribs with two cracked ones, my nose was broken, lost three teeth at the back. My jaw was wired shut they though my jaw needed to be straightened. I could not speak and they thought my kidney was bruised. George Winters had also kicked me in the testicles. There was a good chance. I had damaged blood vessels. You have my permission to consult with the hospital on the extent of my injuries for your story.

Since he hit me once and once only you should ask yourselves how did I get all those injuries.

The following day my wife brought the girls came to visit me. Jane was not pleased and the girls did not want to there. I was able to speak but I did not want to talk to her. I had had enough. My wife said the following to me.

"Well David you made a right show of yourself last night. What have you got to say for yourself? David It was so embarrassing. The girls were so ashamed of you. We had to leave before the end of the party. The evening was ruined and for what? I should have known better. You should have stayed at home. I guarantee you nothing like this will happen again."

All the times she and the girls were there, She never asked me how I was feeling. Even though I had two black eyes. Medical tape across my face putting my nose back in shape. My right arm in plaster in a sling. My chest wrapped up with Medical tape repairing my three broken ribs with two cracked ones. She knew I could not talk my jaw was wired up. And my testicles were aching because George Winters had kicked me in the testicles. They stayed a while. They left. Christine looked at me.

Saying, "Thanks for nothing you spoiled our night out Dad."

How the hell did you think how I felt.

Now about the shooting of my wife. You will see in the room the two detectives.

About the shooting. I was in Scotland for two weeks after the shooting. A friend told me the police were looking for me. He told me to come home and face the music.

I walked in the police station and told them who I was. Two detectives in the room had me in an interview room in seconds.

This is more or less that was said by them an myself.

Where I was on the tenth a Tuesday night. I told them from four pm I was driving up to Scotland for a breath of fresh air. Can anyone support you had left at four pm. Sorry officer. I was on my own. You know it's a long drive to Scotland. Your wife as told you are a good shot. That's right officer. I use my rifle for competition shooting at my club and shooting rabbits. I have a licence to prove it.

Where is you rifle. At home in a gun safe. We would like to examine it if you don't mind. Will we go and pick it up right now. Is your wife having an affair. Yes, officer why do you ask. Do you know who with. Yes, officer I do. Could you tell me his name? I don't have a problem with that. Why it's George Winters and the affair has been going on for two years. All the people they work with. All know about it. Ask them.

I see you have a grudge against him. No officer. But I am going to divorce my wife soon. I have had enough of her cheating behind my back. With George Winters. Officer why are you asking me all these questions. I have nothing to hide am I under arrest. No, we are making enquires at the moment.

Where is my wife. I need to see her and what as she done wrong. Mr Woods your wife in in hospital with a gunshot wound. What, What which hospital is she in I have to go to her right away. I stood up heading for the door. Officer, you think I have shot my wife, She may be cheating on me. I would never shoot her.

If I was too, she would be dead with a shot right between the eyes. I left the police station. Before I left, I told them where I was living. You will have to speak with the two detectives in the room to make sure what I have said is correct or not.

I was returning to Scotland. The police asked me where I was going. I told them the address and gave them my phone number. I was still the prime suspect for the shooting. While I was in the station. I asked for my rifle and shells with the ballistic report. And I was off to Bonny Scotland.

I booked in a hotel. I rang my friend.

This is what was said as best I can remember.

Were the hell have you been I been trying to get in touch with you for days. Why what up. Where are you. I have war and peace to tell you. Do you want me to come round now? It would be nice to see you and your wife. I have a lot to tell you. David come on get, round here now. On my way.

I was at my friend's house in minutes. His wife hugged me. Put him down. We have a lot to tell him. David, I have a couple of things to tell you just listen please.

This is what he went on to say to me.

George Winters as name you as the shooter. The police are about to arrest you for attempted murder. Jane had told him you were a good shot. And you had it in for him because of the affair he was having with your wife. George Winters is going to be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He as lost his job and what's a pension of you for the rest of his life because you shoot him.

Jane is contesting the divorce. She also as sighted you as the shooter. Because of her affair with Winters. And somehow found out you are a sleeping partner. What are you going to do? You are in big trouble. David where are you staying since you got back. I the sun hotel. No, you can stay here and sleep in the spare room. I will go and get your clothes do you want to come with me. We went to the hotel I booked out. I told my friend the I am going to the police in the morning to face the music.

David, you said you have a lot to tell us. Yes, I have met a woman. She lives a few miles from here. God what am I going to tell her about this mess. We are in love her name is H....... I was getting married to her as soon as the divorce comes through. I could be facing Jail.

I asked my friend do you know a good lawyer. He's already waiting to see you. I need to phone him right now. I spoke with the lawyer and told him. I was going to the police in the morning. He told me to meet him at the police station outside at ten. I was outside the police station with my lawyer. We walked into the station. I told the sergeant behind the desk who I was. And who Mr Taylor was.

We were escorted to an interview room. Two detectives came in the ones in the room and introduced themselves. Mr Taylor told them he was my lawyer. On went on the tape. Then it was question after question. I told them over and over again. I did not shoot Jane and George Winters. Four hours we were in the interview room. My lawyer Mr Taylor looked at the pair of them.

Officers I think my client as answered all your questions. In exactly the same way. In the last four hours. I don't think you have any more questions for him to answer. It is time to charge him. Or do you want to hold him for the next twenty-four hours. Then we can go over it once again. If I, was you get some proof that my client shot his wife and Mr. George Winters?

Other than that, we are walking out of here until you have an eye witness. Or proof my client shot them. He has admitted over and over he is a good shot. You have examined the rifle and it does NOT. I say again it does NOT match the ballistic information of the gun he owns. Although it is of the same calibre. Detectives charge him or we are walking out of here.

The following day I had a few options I could do. Use the newspapers and TV. Go and challenge Jane. And go and challenge George Winters. I had no wish to see him. But I did go and see Jane. I had with me the newspaper report from the Christmas assault. That I supposably made on her. It was a page full of what had happed which was NOT TRUE. When I went in the girls were there. I was Mr Invisible. I asked Jane who put her up to her sighting me as the shooter. "It was Winters," she said.

I retracted at what she had just said.

Sign the divorce papers today or you will be in the newspapers and on TV. I gave her three days before I went back to see if she had signed the papers. No, she had not. I walked out saying read the newspapers and watch the TV news I told her. I spoke with my lawyer and told him what I was about to do.

I picked up a stack of bibles saying. That's the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Let be absolutely clear. I DID NOT SHOT MY WIFE OR GEORGE WINTERS. If I had shoot them, it would have been two years ago. If I would have shot him or her, they both would be dead. I would have shot them right between the eyes. As for the Man or Woman who shot them. I want to shake his or her hand and have a good drink or two with which one it was. My life has been destroyed by my wife and Winters. Don't have any feeling for him. I want my divorce as soon as possible. Please write exactly what I have said. This interview is not to make money. I only want the truth to come out. Remember in the room are the two detectives and the chief constable.

Any questions my lawyer will answer them on my behalf. Thank you for coming.

+

The newspapers printed every word that was said by me. The newspaper people wanted to interview her. All she said to them. I loved my husband and I was so stupid in what I did to him to him for over two years. I do love him and wish he was still living with me as man and wife. Winters was a clever man he seduced me. And turned me against my husband he was rich he bought me thing my husband could not afford. He even turned my kids against my husband. I hope Winters goes to hell. He destroyed my marriage.

Yes, I had the affair. I wish now I never clamped eyes on Winters. All that was reprinted in the papers. The story went on for weeks.

Jane did sign the papers. I had to wait it was so hard. I was thinking about Heather all the time.

While all this was going on I was so careful about seeing Heather. Tony and Jane would pick her up and we would meet in hotels under a false name. Tony did the work in case I was recognised.

At last, we were divorced. I was now free to marry Heather. Tony and Jane were there when we married.

Jane had a hard time. Her friends and work mates turned their back on her. My kids had found out the truth through the newspapers and the TV. They sided with their mother. That was to be expected. Jane was able to walk with a stick.

George Winters the newspapers gave him a hard time. He refused to give an interview. That only put fuel to the fire. They investigated where he had worked before. They found out he had done the same thing with six other married women. They all had been divorced. He was a predator. Story after story was in the newspapers. It went on for weeks. The best news came in the newspapers. George Winters was beaten month after month in his wheelchair. His face was now a mess. He got what he deserved.

As for Heather and myself, She was still young enough to have children. She gave birth to two boys. My best friend Tony was unable to have children he had a medical problem. Jane was upset but they loved each other that was all that mattered to them. They became godparents to our kids. It seemed to use they adopted them they were always at our house.

I was back in business with Tony. As soon paid my load back. The business was doing so well the four of us had to move to the local big city Manchester it was. The four of us went out for meals and the six of us went on holidays together.

At the beginning. I started off with here I am once again sitting in a bar waiting for my three mates to turn up for a night on the town. The four of us had been since collage. You could say we were like the three musketeers 'All for one, and one for all, but we were four. The four of us were myself. Tony and two old mates from college. They had moved to Manchester years before married and settled down. The eight of us went out and had great times. But this particular night. I was in the spotlight.

"David please tell us. did you shoot George Winters and your ex-wife? The three of them asked me.

"That's for me to know. and for you to wonder, I said to them.