All Comments on 'My Twin Brother Ch. 10-13'

by tomtom45

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
honybipolahonybipolaalmost 7 years ago
good story but

I won't be adding this to my favorites...the ending could be true for siblings doing this type of relationship but you saying that them still loving each other...even from afar with different people in their lives seems impossible...love for me conquers all and knows no bounds in the real world it would be hard to let go that easily when you described that their love has that much depth... good start but ended in rubbish... you are the writer anyway...just my two cents, you should have made the feelings between them nothing but a fleeting moment of lust not love...

Turtle1952Turtle1952almost 7 years ago
A good read

The story was really enjoyable as was the love they shared. I am not a fan of the ending but I suppose it happens that way sometimes.

thedayafterthedayafteralmost 7 years ago
Loved the story. Hated the ending...

Sorry, but I'm another one of those that didn't like he ending to this story. How can they both profess so much love for each other and then just separate. How can Pete have a real relationship with Nikki when he claims to be in love with his sister.

Separation for anyone really in love is extremely painful. So I guess that neither of them really loved the other and it was just about the sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
If you've been in love before..

then you'd know how dificult it is to see someone you love deeply, live a life with someone else. It's not impossible, but really hard, specially when you're bound to see them most of the time. It's not about not having a happy ending, some story didn't need for people to end up together. It is because of the way you made it seem like they were too in love and not just in lust that held back the story from being a good one. So basically, you made your characters lousy and cowardly for giving up what they have without even trying. It would have been better if they just grew apart, got caught up in college life, or fell in love with other people.

Olebill63Olebill63almost 6 years ago
what a fool

you really lost it seperating these two was a good story till the end. guess you never been in love like that.

Joshuad2477sJoshuad2477sabout 5 years ago
You killed it

I read this last part and the way you ended it really ruined the story for me. First you have them professing their love for each other and not a brother/sister love but a man/woman love through the whole story then have the brother do a 180° and throw it away for nikki who you never established so we the readers had no connection to her or Dr Anthony. Sorry but you dropped the ball and a good story became just an ok story with a crap ending.

Evilcyn999Evilcyn999almost 5 years ago
I Agree with the Other Readers

I was SO disappointed that they didn’t end up together! And Pete betrayed Cate by sleeping with nikki while away on his trip; plus finding out that while Cate was not showing interest in any guys the first semester, Pete was already showing interest in nikki! AND, he was the one who professed his love for Cate in the first place. This last section was probably the saddest because it sounds like Cate is not over Pete, he’s the one who told her they can’t have sex anymore, YET, he puts the moves on her! UGH. He’s her brother. She trusts him. Pete is so manipulative... I expected more from him. Ultimately, you should take my rant as a compliment. You created great characters, a wonderful storyline, and you had me invested in the love story between Cate and Pete. However, like already mentioned, I can’t feel invested in nikki and the doctor—and I don’t want to! I want Pete to stop being a little bitch, and do a grand gesture to win Cate back! And I don’t want him to wait until they’re 50 to do so.

WargamerWargamerover 4 years ago
Hated the end, who wants realism in fantasyland

The title says it all. Loved the story hated the end..

I was in similar situation with a cousin when I was 15, she 14. Lasted about 18 months until her family left and resettled far away.

We did not see each other for 40 years, we had both married and had families, and when we met again at a funeral, she would not even look at me.

It was painful, not a word!!

Who wants to be reminded of that.....?

MADDOGINTEXASMADDOGINTEXASalmost 2 years ago

I can make some comments about this story, but I think the rest of you have already KILLED THE AUTHOR ENOUGH, with the things said.

"I think" we have all had some kind of ending like this in our lives, however played out the relationship was; I had one, with a girl I was introduced to by her sister...we really 'cared' for each other over time, but she did and said some things to me that were quite painful. Ultimately, it was her comment that "you could have had my virginity that Thanksgiving (sic) but you were too nice a guy to push harder...don't you know NICE GUYS FINISH LAST?!" We have not seen each other in YEARS, I still think about her once in a while...

But, like the (Garth Brooks) song says, I am happy with my wife and my life, that old girlfriend is just that...in the past...

Cate and Pete "should have"been together; but, for this author, it was not to be...at least they are still brother and sister...TWINS...nobody can take "that" ape ialbond from them!

Five Stars...for the emotional brought out in us!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I’m glad I read the comments. I’m so not reading it if they don’t stay together. Pointless…

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous