All Comments on 'My Wife Dates a Senator—Alt Ending'

by BlackHeart93

Sort by:
  • 138 Comments
shadowjack17shadowjack174 months ago

Couple of rough patches and misnamed characters, but not bad. Reasonably well written, so 4 stars.

MonsieurXMonsieurX4 months ago

I enjoyed it better than most alternative ending stories. But, -1 star for too many errors. I know it’s hard for authors to get their pieces properly edited, but this really needed more work.

demanderdemander4 months ago

All's well that ends well. D

Tiger27Tiger274 months ago

Great story, but I do think the double dating is a stretch.

BlackHeart93BlackHeart934 months agoAuthor

Next time, I will use an editor. BH93

AardieAardie4 months ago

He should’ve alerted the press the night of her affair that the Senator was taking a married woman to his hotel room.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuy4 months ago

Great story although a bit contrived. Unfortunately, sexual misconduct by political persons is pretty much ignored.

Although an editor would improve the readability, I thought the writing was well done, and the characters were nicely defined.

Rw43Rw434 months ago

I don’t have a problem with the story itself, nor with your portrayals of the characters. In fact, I thought they were pretty spot-on with the various aspects of life that motivate us to conflict and cooperation. What else is there?

<>

Well, you asked the question. Personally, I found it troubling that for all the effort the divorced parents went through to keep on top of the kids’ schedules, the kids never got to be involved in any extra-curricular activities. Their social activities came from playing at the pool. I guess they’re lucky their school still takes time for Art instead of whatever the new indoctrination program is. (You might suggest that just because you never mentioned extra

Karn9Karn94 months ago

Great story, nice alternate ending to the the original story. 4.5*

Rw43Rw434 months ago

(Continued) curricular activities doesn’t mean there weren’t any; on the contrary, kids involved in sports, or band, or various school clubs ALWAYS have last-minute insertions to their schedules that only the primary custodial parent ends up dealing with. Divorced dads get a pass on this. Unfortunately, many kids of divorce miss out on extracurriculars because it takes both parents to ensure the kid can participate. This is an overlooked cost of divorce that dads tend to miss when performing the spreadsheet of “Do I Stay or Do I Go?”

WrickettsWricketts4 months ago

It was kinda long that why only 4.5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Who the heck is Bree?

"You do that!" Bree responded angrily. "And if it's divorce, that's fine, too.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Where is the alternate ending? I've read this story before and if my memory is still working, this is the same story - same scenes, same rationalizations, same ending, etc., What is new here?

Harryin VAHarryin VA4 months ago

Outstanding story. the husband's reaction was strong but not over the top. He made his argument rationally and all things considered rather calmly. It's interesting that the wife didn't actually begin to realize why her husband was reacting this way Until she'd gotten around to talking to the the husband's new residence

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle4 months ago

This doesn’t feel like an alternate ending.

Regardless, I have trouble reconciling Hester’s actions and words. She literally became self absorbed in one night without even the decency of remorse.

Second: Hubby kept saying if she would show even a hint of remorse then they might reconcile. Maybe. Over and over and over. He kept saying it and it made no real sense, he was never going to reconcile with Hester.

Lastly: everyone is imperfect, including hubby. But in the original and in this one, he did everything right, everytime, all the time.

It’s statistically impossible. We all screw up. You made Hester imperfect, don’t be afraid to make your husband equally flawed.

servant111servant1114 months ago

Why the repost?

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

tldr: Not worth the effort to read it; the original by Hooked1957 was far superior. This one is at best 2**.

I won't rant about this story because the writer made the effort to write and publish something. That said, it is very poorly done, the MC is a veritable saint and the arrangements he made to continue to relieve his wife of the various responsibilities she had as a single mother strikes me as stupid. She cheated, she had no remorse and indeed made sure all their neighborhood friends were well aware that she had cuckolded the husband and that she had a great night of sex with the Senator. Yes, he loved his kids and that was commendable, so why didn't he divorce her and seek shared custody? His statement that she was a good mother is typical of some writers on here; a cheater is not a good anything; she (or he if the husband cheats) has been a horrible parent because she broke up the marriage and family.

This version becomes even more contrived because he has 4 women at the condo for whom he is acting as a substitute husband and father to their children. WHere does he get the time, money and energy to take on all these duties and tasks and still do all the hubby chores with his estranged wife and the kids? He is depicted as almost saintly and that depiction is so contrary to a real person's lived experiences that it is laughable.

On top of that, he attempts to set up the Senator by wiring the senator's hotel room to record all the action with a paid prostitute. All the video and sound is released publicly and it ruins the Senator. First, he has committed numerous serious federal crimes and the MC would be prosecuted,convicted and sent for years to federal prison. Great work (not).

Second, what world does this writer live in? A sex scandal involving a US Senator is barely a blip on the radar screen in 2024 America. In a few states, it might be enough to cause real problems, but for the most part, especially if he is a member of the "right" political party, it would cause a couple of bumpy news cycles but ultimately, he would be re-elected. I know there is a tendency for people to try and write sequels to or alternate versions of good stories,but this one falls flat. I would recommend that this writer finish some of the many story lines he apparently has in the works, but in this instance, the original version is far superior and this version would better off having never been written. 2**

ReadyOneReadyOne4 months ago

I've seen this story before.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu4 months ago

Is this a repost?

I seemex to have read this befire.

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

Enjoyed it. the senator's revenge was very long winded almost a story in its self. But seeing the ending before that part started I just gave it a scan.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I think the reason you like to finish or add a diffrent ending to other peoples stories, is you have no natural imagination

Take the this for example was just bulked up with paragraphs from the original

Very poor

KiwihunterKiwihunter4 months ago

A nice story but a bit unrealistic. The senator wouldn't have taken much of a hit as the American public doesn't care and even idolises such men. After similar facts came out about a presidential candidate they still voted him in as president. Only a totally corrupt society could do that.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The utopian ending is definitely a fictional one, but it was the author's story line to conclude as he so chose. The wife's arrogance and entitlement went on so long it would be diificult for any degree of cordiality with her disrespected spouse to remain in reality. Not sure why she would have misrepresented her experience to her husband upon her return if the senator had indeed been a disappointment in the sack. Only a complete idiot would not understand the implications of singing her paramour's praises to her cuckolded husband.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion4 months ago

I liked it, but for the life of me I can't understand how it is that any husband wouldn't be the first one calling some scandal rag paper at the first time she announced her intentions, we all see them in the check-out line of the grocery stores, ... call them and tell the editor on the desk what the Senator and his wife were up to so they could get the photos of them meeting, schmoozing, dancing and going into the hotel room and returning home the next day. Tabloids love to write about a good scandal with photos and a husband's story of how the rich and powerful love to hang the horns on the little guy. The old saying any press is good press is a fairy tale. Scandal can end political carriers, just ask Gary Hart about Monkey Business. By the way does any writers take into consideration for getting proof that now a lot of homes come with Ring doorbells that record video, audio, date and time? That is proof that is irrefutable in any court of law and fully admissible because it records only thing that are in full sight of the public where there is no expectation of privacy.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

Along the lines of JOMO, the long delayed revenge should have happened after she walked out the door that night. Making a call to several local news agencies that he was on a date with a married woman at a conservative fund raiser would have blown it up right there. Hester's "revised" opinion of he sex with the Senator was a serious plot faux pas on your part. It's clear at the early part of the story your intent was for Hester to have had a "Marc" level experience, but then you changed it to match what direction you wanted to go later in the story. That's annoying! (Dismiss the ignorant criticism about your imagination - it works just fine.) 3.8*

MormonJackMormonJack4 months ago

Awesome work, thank you, BlackHeart! 5 stars from me.

Like others have intimated, I think that the only way to really get back at a senator is through the press or an opposing political party, and often those go hand in hand. Whatever, your "Reggie" did what he did and it was a very enjoyable tale.

That said, I had to laugh: I had NO idea that there were "French thigh-high hoes"! (pg. 3). Wow, kinky! Where does one find a thigh-high "ho", and even more so, a French one?

MaxiMilfMaxiMilf4 months ago

Awesome story. Bravo! My only gripe, which is minor, is if I were the husband of the slut, I probably would have never spoken with her again, not to mention go on doubledates with her. But that's just me. Thanks for an entertaining story with an ending.

SlithyToveSlithyTove4 months ago

I like a lot of your original stories, but this one doesn't do anything for me. I'm also at a loss exactly how the MC buying a new place, splitting the kids with his estranged wife and only seeing them part of the time, with the wife staying in, and him partially maintaining the original family home, is somehow markedly better than where he would end up with in a divorce, especially since that's pretty much what eventually happened anyway.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

As shadowjack17 pointed out below there were a few annoying name switches but also some rather comical spelling mistakes too. Pick of the bunch for me was 'doner'. 'Doner' is a type of kebab whereas a 'donor' is someone who donates. That said, though it was a highly enjoyable story with an excellent finale and well worth the four stars I awarded it. JR

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Too long and convoluted. Not enough of the senators enablers taken down.

jflindersjflinders4 months ago

I'm not sure why this was written. It follows lines very similar to the original, which imo was preferable to this one.

I especially hated Reggie being a friend of Hester at the end. It made no sense to me why he'd want to be anywhere near her, civil to her and certainly not friendly to her. Further, I'd much, much rather read nothing about the subsequent life of the cheating spouse with her wonderful night to remember with her wondeful Tom than read about her meeting a nice guy and living happily ever after.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker4 months ago

Who the hell does he think he is, Marc LaValiere?? The senator (small s ) needs killing. Sorry. The Bear is not so tolerant. 4 stars

The BEAR

c24jc24j4 months ago

I really enjoyed this ending. Most characters grew and progressed. Hester eventually understood what terrible damage she'd done, not just to her family, but ultimately, to herself, and became a better person (more spouse-worthy, as it were) for her next (and hopefully final) marriage. The whole thing played out rather nicely!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster14 months ago

The character development in this alternate ending was more thorough than in the original, which I thought was a plus. The minor typos and a few name changes warned about weren't enough to affect the story.

Reggie getting the revenge in this story was more satisfying than the original, and I love seeing a dirtball get Karmic revenge !

All in all a fun read, and five stars from here.

CptAmeripantsCptAmeripants4 months ago

There's a difference between an "alternative take" and plagiarism, and I don't think you realize that. If I didn't know this was written by another author, I would have thought this was the original story. Not one story detail is different than the original. The same events happen in the same order besides the fact that he gets with the hooker.

This was not an alternative take. This was you writing the story word-for-word and then changing some of said words so you could call it an alternative take.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Was a five until the double dating and friendship with ex and husband. No man would remain friends with a slut who abandoned him like that. Just a 3 because of the ending

PowersworderPowersworder4 months ago

The villain of the story wasn't the Senator. He was just a narcissistic asshole, who took the easy opportunity to bang an unfaithful slut.

The real villain of this story was Hester. She humiliated and disrespected her husband, then after ripping his heart out with her betrayal, was obnoxiously unrepentant.

Giving that whore a happy ending was nauseating.

-

This should've ended with him destroying his bitch of a wife, ruining her reputation, and ostracising her from the kids. Children tend to bear a grudge against cheating parents that break up families and ruin their childhood.

offkilter123offkilter1234 months ago

Truthfully, I stopped reading as soon as the MC decided to stay in the marriage “for the kids.” This is one of the most ridiculous tropes on Lit and when I see it, I am immediately done with the story. Since I didn’t finish the story, I won’t rate it.

SwordWielderSwordWielder4 months ago

Pretty good. I personally think divorcing her initially would have been the better option. I can understand his feelings towards Hester would eventually become indifferent, but I think he would at least dislike her for what she did for several years and his only interaction with her would be events involving the kids. Double dating and having her come to his wedding - no way! Dan dating/marrying a known cheater who became a FWB is risking a lot (in my opinion he is stupid) and I hope he had an iron clad pre-nup. I wonder what happened as far as Hester's relationships with her kids and her parents. The kids would learn the truth eventually, and I can see her parents disappointed in her for the rest of their lives. I can see her Dad saying to Dan when he met him the first time "You know she destroyed her first marriage by cheating, and showed no regret or remorse for it until many months afterward. Are you that desperate that your only option is to date and marry a cheating slut?" I do hope her parents disown her and any inheritance goes directly to the grandkids. If they really want to piss her off, give her portion to the MC who was cheated on.

mainer42mainer424 months ago

good story and well written no nitpicking from me

bobareenobobareeno4 months ago

I wonder what happened to Bree. She popped in at the oddest moments.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Pretty good story. I see it as five stars, despite the blemishes, for example Elise/Elsie, and one BIGGY. He resigned from the Senate, and was later thrown out of the Senate. But still, a pretty good tale, well told.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The issues with this story aren’t with this alternate ending, but with the premise. The MC should’ve started screaming the second that the security guard touched him. “The Senator’s goon is keeping me away from my wife!!!”

Make a big enough scene, and the asshole will stay away from her.

At every opportunity, the MC makes the wrong choice. The children should be told that their mother is choosing another man over their father. Call her parents BEFORE the date, not after. Perhaps they will prevent her from leaving.

Use any kind of tactics to get the slut out of the house, and keep her away from the kids. Or, just kill her. Lots of ways to do it, and a dead mom is better for the kids than a slut mother corrupting them!

Actually, there’s one big flaw in this version: it’s doubtful that Republicans would get rid of the Senator considering the behavior they have overlooked recently. The Democrats are worse. They absolutely wouldn’t care about the Senator’s behavior at all.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A 7 page follow up? It was way to wordy and focused on minutiae and the irrelevant. All you really needed was part of page 7 to write a new “ending!”

Wit being lazy and write your own stories. Good grief. 1*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story, plenty realistic points made.

Your version of the events is a tribute to Hooked as well, but reading two such stories in succession has my BP up. My tribute to both you and H.

In my case, when having a BP condition, my patience is provoked.

So, with my apologies, once in an email I to my MIL, I typoed Elise instead of Elsie; she threatened to castrate me!!!; on p. 2, who the hell is Bree?

You really need an editor; slovenly grammar, misspellings galore will erode how readers think of you, not just a writer, but as a storyteller. Do yourself a favor, acquire an editor.

Cito22Cito224 months ago

seriously.. why would you double date with the ex. WTF is wrong with men these days. We really need to MAN UP in this country and stop with this bs. just saying.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Really? Someone from the great democratic country of New Zealand, which offers the world nothing but beautiful scenery, giving his biased opinion of American society and politics? Kiwi Hunter, yours opinions on America are neither wanted or needed.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It is always interesting (well, almost) three different endings for the same story. And this was one of the interesting ones.

I understand the difficulty of securing an editor, but this story would’ve benefited from the author leaving it alone for a few days before reading it again, several times, especially reading it out loud.

There were a lot of things that were just odd. These are just examples:

Who was “Bree”?

And the this: “He said she must have felt how much we [who was “we”?] wanted her while they were dancing. As they continued to grovel [?!], the senator kissed her throat and then the tops of Wendy's breasts.” [I have no idea who “continued to grovel,” how groveling was related to kissing, or if “groveling” was not meant, what they were doing.]

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I have only a couple of minor nits to pick. This was a very well-written story and one of my favorite alternate endings on this site.

The only nits are the mention of Bree, who I assume was supposed to be Hester, and the ending stated that he resigned in disgrace, but later said he was kicked out of the U. S. Senate.

I know those are minor errors, but that is just how my OCD mind works.

Overall...it was a fun read and great take on the original.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The cuck knew she was going out and could easily have dumped a couple cans of sardines on her before she could leave. The Senator wouldn't have been in town long, so the problem would have been averted. Then the mc could have sorted things out. If it had been me, after doing something like the foregoing, I would have opened the carrying my .357 and told the goons to leave because they were trespassing. They would leave because they knew they could cause an altercation without getting shot and ruining the Senator's career. The mc also could have easily gotten vieo or voice recordings with the wife and video of the goons and the limo. The press would love it. Instead, the mc is written as the usual impotent lw husband who let's it all happen. In addition, there is all the bullshit about how they mhave reconciled if she had been really, really "sorry. " all that did was make the mc look like a simp. No doubt just bullshit virtue signaling by the author. No normal man would do anything but kick the cunt to the curb, either by instant divorce or instant separation. It's also offensive that the Senator got his just desserts , but the slut paid no price commensurate to the crime.

O tempora! O mores!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yes, it's fiction, but some of the characters are too stupid to be realistic. The whore's sense of entitlement and narcissism, the Senator being dumb enough to openly brag about committing fraud and embezzlement...you get the picture. Once a character gets to the point where no one would act even remotely close to how someone would act in real life, it detracts from the story. Sure, you can push that envelope a little bit, but when you go COMPLETELY off of the reservation it detracts from the story.

inka2222inka22224 months ago

3.5 stars. It started out almost well, aside from the "Oh if she was remorseful I'd have reconciled with her" thing. But then for some strange reason, the author decided that the cheating backstabbing hateful bitch deserved to be rewarded for her behavior (both before, during and after cheating) by amazing new husband, tons of money from divorce, and zero meaningful downsides/repercussions. No negatives from their kids. No loss of reputation. No loneliness. Hell the idiot even cut her grass till divorce. A revenge on the senator wasn't nearly as worth it as downsides on the one who did the actual backstabbing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This wasn't bad, but it definitely needs some work to tighten it up. There just wasn't 7 pages of story in your 7 pages of writing.

-

I agree with others that it was pretty unrealistic, but I thought you did a decent job of staying within the realm of mostly credible so I can give that a pass.

inka2222inka22224 months ago

"Our table mates were all ardent conservatives. At five-hundred dollars a plate, I would not have expected less".

/

Wow, what an astute political analysis. Typical left wing ignorance of facts and reality, but I would have expected nothing less, Let's see.

/

1) ALL political fundraisers for all parties are at the same cost.

/

2) The idea that "democrats are for the poor and republicans are party of the rich" is contradicted by even 5 minute basic research. Most top US billionaires are open DNC supporters (including most tops at wall street), including 4.5 out of top 5. And most actual working poor support Republicans. Go read some polls or something, instead of believing everything MSNBC tells you.

/

3) While at it, Dem candidates outraised and outspent Rs for several last elections (being how the rich now support them, not surprising).

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not bad. But, Hester never felt the amount of pain that she should have. He waited way, way too long to burn the senator to the ground.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A really enjoyable story (5 stars) but…

Is the daughter’s name Elise or Elsie?

Also, anomalously vs anonymously… plus much much more.

You need to get your editor back.

nixroxnixrox4 months ago

3 stars - add-ons are usually never any better than the original, and this is one of those times.

Maybe you should concentrate on your core writing projects.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"My original story was taken down a few days after I posted it" - That surprises me, because alts often quote portions of the original. But then you DO use his original writing?

\

I'm surprised that her mother didn't call her and tell her to get her slut ass home!

\

I find it incredible that she openly admitted that she'd be out overnight.

\

"Whatever I did had to be in the best interest of Elise and Nate." - I'm sorry, but that's a big NOPE for me, because that might require RAAC, and that's a non-starter.

\

"while I had my date with Tom?" - Didn't she say it wasn't a date?

\

"This was supposed to be a private, intra-marital arrangement just between you and me." - I don't believe that he agreed to anything.

\

"They just don't understand the nuances of a modern marriage." - There may be some "modern" marriages that share these "nuances," but they're mutually agreed to, not unilaterally imposed.

\

"Here I am trying to make our marriage work by recommitting to you and you are going out on a date—to get bred, I assume" - Has she already forgotten the "nuances of a modern marriage?"

\

"Bree responded angrily. " -"Bree?" What happened to Hester?

\

I wouldn't leave, I move to another bedroom. He didn't do that before just to present a facade of normalcy for the kids, if he moves out, that goes away anyhow.

\

"Don't do this to us," - SHE already did it.

\

The daughter's name keeps flip-flopping between Elsie and Elise.

\

"Over time, I formed a tight click" - That's "clique."

\

"That's what Tom said would happen," - Sure listen to the guy that wants to fuck you. Not exactly a reliable source.

\

"He was eventually thrown out of the Senate" - How could he be thrown out if he resigned?

\

@Rw43, just because they were never mentioned, we don't know that the kids didn't participate in extra-curricular activities.You say that they SHOULD have been, but fuck, this was a seven page story as it was!

\

@Whackdoodle and Anonymous, this is an alternate ending to Hooked1057's story.

\

@servant111, it was reposted because it was pulled for using too much of Hooked's story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked it, there again I did the first time I read it some time ago!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Honestly, I didn't see much difference in this version than the original. Except maybe for all of the spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors. Twice the author screwed up and said "girls" when it's a fact that he had a son and a daughter. I prefer the original.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Who the fuck is Bree?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Simply calling a reporter would have crucified the senator within days.

This was just too unnecessarily complicated.

swedishreader1swedishreader14 months ago

No idea what the hell happened to this site or the people commenting but that story was absolute drivel and a complete waste of time.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married874 months ago

Good story! I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

He loved to be cucked. Even after remarrying he became friends with his ex-wife's new fucker. He probably wanted the guy to fuck his new wife too.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Is it Elise or Elsie? Did they have 2 girls or a boy and a girl? Who is Bree? It is quite clear that the “author” clipped and pasted from other stories. Very confusing and jumbled mess.

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Ardent conservatives? Hmm. Which party has had the most horn dog politicians? 🤣

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Was a so.id 4 up until the BBQ at his place where all the girlfriends….in a group! …. Started telling Hester what a great guy he was. Totally unbelievable.

.

Lost more points when you stopped involving her and his parents in the story.

.

Then the final stake in the plot…the stupid honey trap Senator Asshole fell for that took him down. No way.

.

2 **

AngelRiderAngelRider4 months ago

So you get permission and the story still gets pulled.

This is my shocked face. I know you can't see it but imagine a hot 46 year old looking fake surprised. There ya go.

This site is a hot mess of contradiction. The design is right out of what I would have created in my computer science 102 class in college circa 1998. The rules are selective and rarely equally applied. A story like this gets harassed and yet a story with zero eroticism about white women being kidnapped and used as literal cattle for "white milk" while repeatedly raped and chained in farm stocks is totally okay and still exists on this site.

The shit that happens here is fascinating. I wonder what happens on the day some big time activity notices all the shitty rapey and misogynistic posts that occur here every day. Does anyone actually think that "but it's free speech" will matter? There is some truly heinous shit on here.

ribnitinribnitin4 months ago

Added nothing to original. Childish

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Uninspired writing. WAY too long. Superfluous narrative. Not enough dialogue. Three stars ⭐️ for this one. BTW who is Beth?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Definitely a good ending. Nice job and thank you.

Ed

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

Not that they will come back to see this but yes y'all have seen this before this was a rewrite of an ending to another's story. Maybe read the author's notes. Although and idk who told y'all writing author notes in the beginning is a good idea. It may spoil the story be careful of that.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story. I guess it's no coincidence that there are certain similarities with a certain Mr. Asshole ex-President of the Republicans? Thanks for reminding us again what self-righteous sociopaths such politicians are.

Peapod41Peapod414 months ago

A yarn, really. Which is what this forum is all about.

Teo things: Dipolar is a descriptor of an electrical charge.

The word you were looking for was "bipolar".

Click is what hsppens when you snsp your fingers together.

The word you needed was "clique".

That's the problem with spellcheck. It's dumb. Mebbe A.I. might fix that.

LWLover60LWLover604 months ago

I liked the story and I liked your writing. Others have caught the few errors I noted. The only constructive criticism I can give is that when discussing politics in stories it's best to be neutral and not to identify or give clues about what party who belongs to. Truthfully most politicians are self serving slime regardless of party and the best you can do by this is to offend half the people who would otherwise enjoy your story.

dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

Pretty good yarn and the revenge was good to. Amazing how women can justify their actions like Hester. My ex never bothered to justify anything she just started going out to bars without me. I confronted her and she moved out and got her own apartment. Said she just fell out of love and wanted to go out there and look around but if it didn't work out could she come back? End of discussion for me. We were divorced not to long after that. Oh! To the anon with his remark about the resemblance to a former republican president don forget the resemblance also applies to framer democratic president that left and incriminating deposu of white stuff on a certain interns dress and he was impeached but kept his job, it was said you hear his wife screaming at him in the white house! Good story, it boggles the mind how some peoples rational works. 5 stars

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Another one bites the dust!

5

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Absolutely perfect! Holly smokes can you ever write a great story. I prefer when one of the characters does the narration though. Not sure if it is a writers thing to use a 3rd party all the time for narratives? Readers connect better to a character’s narration rather than a “preaching third party”. Always a fan Even when I hate the subject matter or characters

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The ending was vomit inducing, the utter nonsense of civility between Reg and Hester at the tail end of the story blew the whole thing apart. As to double dating and camping? Sheer lunacy.

silentsoundsilentsound4 months ago

Interesting take on the original. I was entertained despite some plot holes that I wasn't buying.

No politician is going to be so blatant with an indiscretion that would be used by news outlets and political opponents to destroy his career.

One opposition add with a picture of him dropping off someone's wife in a tax funded limo with tax funded guards would do serious damage especially with the quote "Your tax dollars at work. Senator (asshole) is working very "hard" for the good people of (insert state)."

Another point I found impossible to buy was the conversation Hester had with her husband after the come to Jesus meeting with his lady friends.

Talking in detail about the senator's big cock penetrating her and climaxing seemed too far a suspension of disbelief.

4* for an entertaining read though and thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Several stupid men in this story but maybe the biggest doesn't show up until the last page, Dan Matthews he dates and marries the cheating skank slut Hester. How could he not know the self-self-entitiled bitch would fuck around on him about three weeks into the marriage because that is what cheating skank sluts do naturally. Husband was a complete fool as well, but there are too may flaws in his character to begin to list here. The fact Hester didn't end up in an unmarked grave because of "the children" is simply horse shit. Kids would get over it, but even if it was tough, nobody in the world, including family is more important than your own dignity. Husband had none.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Should have ended in the middle of page three when cheating skank Hester said her dad would have bitch slapped his wife, dragged her by her hair and tossed her out of the house. At this pint Reggie should have done the following.... I realized I'd been an idiot so I stood up and slapped my wife right across the face so hard she fell backwards. Then I grabbed her by the hair held her face up, spit in it and slapped the shit out of her again. Finally, I punched her knocking her out. I tossed her slut ass in the car and took a drive. the body was never found because there wasn't one. I sold her to a Mexican cartel that owns whore houses in Tijuana. I got 10 grand for the whore. I then used that money to frame the piece of shit Senator. It was so much fun destroying that bastard. He ended up working at a gay whore house in Tijuana. I wonder if he and Hester ever connect south of the boarder?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Would have been a better story if the women in hubby's life had forced Hester to be their reluctant lesbian fuck toy for a year or two until she gave up and ran away keeping her kids from being corrupted by the whore.

Rw43Rw434 months ago

@Sbrooks @rw43:

You missed my secondary post re extracurriculars.

<>

I never said that extracurriculars should have been included in the story.

<>

I said that any divorced dad who says “I’m a good dad because when we’re together on weekends we discuss the kids’ schedules for the rest of the week when we’re apart” is kidding themselves. The kids’ schedules always change. If they don’t, it’s because the kids are missing out on lots of activities that would be beneficial to them. And if you don’t know about the changes, it’s because you are the non-custodial parent who doesn’t have to deal very much with them.

<>

I watched my SIL deal with this for years after she finally kicked her playboy hubby to the curb (after his third GF came looking for him at the house). Hubby was lazy and didn’t really care about his little kids except to provide his mother with his visitation time, but by God he was going to make sure the FC judge (a friend of his mom) had documentation about all the times he tried to attend the kids’ activities but failed because their schedule got changed. My SIL in turn had to defend herself from contempt charges by documenting all the times she had attempted to reach him with unavoidable schedule changes but failed because he was either unresponsive or was working an unreported new job that conflicted with the schedule changes. Her attitude was that her kids were not going to miss out on the most enjoyable activities in life just because their dad wasn’t disciplined enough to check his texts and act like a grown up. If she had ever been charged with Contempt (for failing to cooperate with judge’s orders re visitation) it would have cost her her job, retirement and benefits package. Eventually he realized that it was in his best interest for her to keep those things, and the schedule changes were not her doing, so he became less of a hard-ass; but it took years for him to stop trying to destroy her for kicking him out.

<>

I realize we’re talking about two different scenarios; my point was the naive assumption that negotiated schedules never change. They do.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@kiwihunter:

Whatever flaws American politics has, at least most of America didn’t turn into a national prison camp over a cold on steroids.

New Zealand: the islands were sheep have more rights than humans!!!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@inka2222, first, you're quite correct that neither party has a monopoly on rich donors.

\

I don't know the actual numbers, but let's assume that the majority of working poor support Republicans. That just means they've bought the Republican BS. Look at how many people still believe that the election was stolen, or that Jan. 6 was "a simple tourist visit," or that it was instigated by the FBI.

\

Which party wants to raise the minimum wage? Democrats. Which party wants universal health care? Democrats. Which party wants to increase taxes on the rich? Democrats. I could go on and on.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

go ahead and write your own stories that you mentioned in the preamble. Stop using retreads as a crutch, and let us see what you have of your own.

kdad9010kdad90104 months ago

I don’t know. Given the absolute lack of morals, I doubt he’d be dropped from congress and would instead he sounds like a perfect candidate for the GOP.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

lol at the idea that the party of Mr. Grab-Em-By-The-Pussy would ever care about this kind of thing. Norberto’s about to become a right-wing icon and the envy of incels everywhere.

Prince020402Prince0204024 months ago

Honestly, I stopped reading after three pages and skimmed the rest. Going into detil of what the kids ordered from McDonalds and taking space talking about the make and model of a hand gun that had no relavance to the story. Coudn't stomach four more page of the same, especially when it became apparent that the major flaw in the original (MC staying married for the kids) was not going to get fixed. In addition misuse ane inconsitance of the use of quotations made it difficult to understand who was talking.

Sorry - didn't wor for me at all.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Had to roll my eyes at the sentence "Our table mates were all ardent conservatives. At five-hundred dollars a plate, I would not have expected less." My Dad attended a Hillary Clinton fundraiser back in the day for $5,000 a plate.

Lawrie1941Lawrie19414 months ago

Definitely not as good as the original.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler4 months ago

Well developed adult fairytale. Loved it. Thanks

OOAAOOAA4 months ago

FANTASTIC story!!!! Really good job! Congratulations!

5 stars from here ;)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Started off predictable and pretty terrible. The MC behaved like a child and the behaviour and attitude of the wife was bizarre, almost as if it was constructed only to justify the MC's behaviour and make her look like a complete idiot incapable of introspection and seeing the whole picture. In my experience women simply aren't that stupid, they can be cunning, selfish, self destructive and do stupid things as can anyone, but being consistently stupid in the face of almost certain destruction, not so much.

But a mother of two, happily married to a Knight in shining armour, a teacher no less... just doesn't seem plausible,... It just stinks of a onesided viewpoint of a much darker story.

/

The whole story is just another play on February sucks. Due to the lack of any evidence implying that the MC is a prick of the first water we can only conclude that the wife was hit by the alien sex ray.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Pointless and boring read. I read part of page 1 and skipped to page 7. Like television soap operas, I didn’t miss anything.

ManoBlueManoBlue4 months ago

Way too much “Senator Asshole” so annoying

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlackHeart93@BlackHeart93
Retired, retired. Trying to improve my writing abilities. Enjoy the instant feedback of readers. Appreciate the help of editors to catch my errors—and I try to learn from them.

SIMILAR Stories