All Comments on 'My Wife, Her Husband'

by richardbedfordwhite

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
kencorokencoroabout 1 year ago

What a stupid story!

First, too much unnecessary and boring dialogues.

Then the stupid part that she went to meet the other guy anyway, even after her husband warned her.

The story then morphed from a stubborn wife into a rapist friend.

Now suddenly we have to forget that dear wife arrogantly ignoring her husband's request because she was RAPED. At the same time long time dead friend was revealed as a serial adulterer.

Are we supposed to pity her? What's the actual link between all this character?

Too convoluted. Don't know what the hell is this story even about anymore.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

Nonsense.

When she came back home, Sara showed no distress or regret after clearly having multiple sessions of sex with Chad.

At the absolute bare minimum, she'd be groggy and have memory issues if she'd been heavily drugged. I thought she was opposed to sleeping with him? So did the drugs magically change her outlook towards infidelity?

Using "she was roofied" is such an overused RaaC trope. At least try to make it plausible if you're going to have the husband cuck out and forgive her.

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

Nice story!!!!!

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 1 year ago

No reason to insert the alleged rape in the story. No rationale female would follow the codacil directions to tell the guy 'no way'. I guess this story had to follow the outlines of the author's previous stories.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

Why write stories with husbands like him? I have very little good to say about someone as rigid as him. I think the deceased wife had a great idea.

However, Chad was also an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kencoro is spot on. The wife in the first page willingly goes to spend the night fucking the friend and is surprised by the husbands anger. The wife on the third page only went for a drink and ends up drugged?? Story makes no sense.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

Contrived. I usually think the scores on here are too harsh but not this one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good luck trying to identify rohypnol in the blood stream after 48 hours.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 year ago

Wife did not realize that she was drugged? Really asinine foundation for the story that surpasses the unlikely stupidity of a wife going over a man's house to say "no."

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

It's all been there before and yet you told the story well. Nevertheless, it is worrying that every idiot now owns and uses lifestyle drugs!

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 1 year ago

Cliche heavy, but not bad. I thought MC was going to end up with the lawyer, so the reconciliation was a twist.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

ah. the date-rape drug.

all is forgiven all is well.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"Both Elise and Chad assured me that it wouldn't damage our marriage and that it would turn you on so much that when I returned we would make wild passionate love." - Of course don't listen to your husband, listen to the people who want you to cheat.

\

"But but you never told me to stop. You never said don't do it." - It was STRONGLY implied by what he said, he shouldn't have to explicitly say, "No!"

\

"Dave was my lover for years before Chad appeared in the scene" - Key phrase there, "Before Chad came on the scene."

\

"Your advice as always been spot on and if followed, always led to great results." - Too bad she didn't ask his advice on the codicil, it might have saved his marriage.

\

"However, he loves the shit out of you and will be turned on like mad after you have spent the night with Chad." - How does she know? Has she ever asked him?

\

I don't see why he's worried about fidelity when his wife wasn't.

\

A "recovery fuck" would likely be closer to the funeral. By six months he should be pretty much out of mourning.

\

"I wanted to make sure our friend was OK" - Haven't they already had many visits to do that, and couldn't they do that together?

\

"positive for Rohypnol." - I had wondered about that when I read, "I was dizzy."

\

"Chip and Elise." - Whe did Chad become Chip?

\

While the drugs DO excuse the sex, why did she go alone in the first place?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So, we have an MC who starts out strong, goes wimpy, goes strong, and then end wimpy. Hard to empathize with him, much less root for him.

The wife hid the true nature of Chad and Elise from her husband, went to Chad's house in a manner that implied she was going to fuck him, didn't say anything upon returning to indicate it was anything other than sex as planned, and said that she expected him to reclaim her as Elise said he would.

Then we have a divorce lawyer who's supposedly good at her job but makes up a watered down version of cuckold to help the MC justify one of his wimpy phases.

In other words, you have presented a poorly written story full of poorly developed characters. The potential that the story line had was just wasted.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 1 year ago

I don’t know much about STD’s and testing for such. Can they just test the semen? (Just because the semen might be loaded with the virus, doesn’t mean she has it)_ Or like most diseases they have to wait a period of time for it to incubate in the body, then do a blood test or scraping? My point being that can they test for STD’s and get the results just hours after having sex?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Who’s Chip? Three stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dave has no right to gripe. Yes, he let them both know he did not support what they wanted to do, but he left enouch wiggle room that they thought he might let it go. If he felt that strongly about it, he should have left no doubt of his position and the c onsequences of any sex between them. He is nothing but a whining baby.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Straight up bullshit. If she had no intention to fuck Chad, only to see if he was OK, why didn't she take his best friend along with her? The author goes way overboard to clear the cheating slut of any responsibility but failed miserably. Chad goes to jail and the mc gets Ann.

TonyspencerTonyspencerabout 1 year ago

This was an uncomfortable story, showing us the problems of friendships where you have to ask the question how well do we really know our friends and if they do momentarily overstep the line and appear to respond respectively, would one small incident destroy a long friendship, especially as Sara was the last one to enter that soursome? Interesting scenario and I thought that although Sara was a little naive I thought Dave hand;Ed it responsively and luckily acted quick enough to get chemical evidence and Chad’s recording did give Dave reason to come to terms with events. I still think Dave should have been more proactive and that Sara shouldn’t have assumed that Chad would be the gentleman, especially after he had already tried it on once and didn’t vehemently dismiss his late wife’s codicil immediately. , but I thought this was an interesting read and delighted it had a positive outcome.

BehindbluisBehindbluisabout 1 year ago

I haven't read your other comments so if this is repetitive I apologize. A couple of things that stood out to me is that Sara went to Chad's house, alone, and wearing that lbd gifted to her by her friend. Seems like even though it showed she was drugged and raped, she voluntarily put herself in a position for it to happen when she avoided those situations previously. And if Chad was so unstable, wouldn't the presence of her husband have dampened anything happening....unless she (subconsciously perhaps) looking for it to happen while she was "saying no, please don't".

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneabout 1 year ago

Disappointing. I am not against a reconciliation, but you had a good BTB going and squandered it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kudos! You managed to write a fairly original version of a very common LW trope. No huge twists, but enough to make the story work.

.

While Chad seems to be the big villain of the tale, in reality it was Elise. She is the one who maliciously maneuvered Chad into forcing himself on Sara with her letters to each of tne 3 about how it would be a “good thing” if Sara fucked Chad — and that in doing so Chad could “move on” and Sara and Dave’s marriage would “benefit”. When Dave reacted by basically telling Chad to not try it, Chad reacted by coming up with a backup plan to drug Sara if she also rejected Elise’s proposal. Which she did — and thus Chad basically raped her. So while Chad was a POS, Elise was an evil bitch.

.

Very strong 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why is he apologizing? She did what he said not to do, put herself in a bad situation, paid the price. He should say told you so and she is damaged goods.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

I thought it was going to be just another wife cucks him with grieving friend, but you turned it around nicely. Chad was scum, but Elise was a real skank.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is one of the stories that just doesn't sit well. When the wife returned she acted like she went to Chad's to get fucked, and everything would now be fine. When the husband returned from Ann's its only then that the wife recalls the details that she never meant to fuck Chad but became disoriented after one drink that Chad gave her. She then indicates that rather than being horrified the next morning after a night of fucking Chad, she decided that what's done is done and she might as well keep fucking him. Her remorse and guilt appear to be rather delayed until after she learns her husband did not like her becoming Chad's slut.

\

Of course the husband played the wimp with his "Oh, you better think twice about the consequences." bull shit line. If the wife said she was going to invest their life savings in an oil exploration project would the husband just warn her that she might not like the outcome? Seriously? How about: "If you fuck Chad you will become the ex wife of a prison inmate and the ex whore of a dead man."

\

And even though they were best friends for years the faithful couple had no clue the Elise was a promiscuous slut and Chad was her cum slurping cuckold? That sounds like very distant and shallow acquaintance, not an intimate friendship.

\

Too many holes in the characters' thinking, too many faults in the plot. Better luck with future writing.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

The problems do not end when you learn she’s been roofied.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

4 Stars. Overall, I thought the story was very good, although, it seemed somewhat rigid and clinical instead of being earthy and personal. This of course may be your particular writing style since I can't remember reading any of your other works, but now that I'm done with this story I will go back and read some of your other stories.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

All's well that ends well, right ?

Well, not always,but I think in this case, the good guys won.

5 stars

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasmabout 1 year ago

I'd give it a three for a somewhat coherent story, although your formatting made it quite hard for me to follow who's sspeaking/writing. The multitude of typos, however, drops it to a 2/5.

Al_AnonAl_Anonabout 1 year ago

Every twist made the story worse

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She went!!! Not there nothing happens!!

End of story.

Wimp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Chip and Elise ? Chad and Elise ? A chad is just a chip away !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Decent story, would be nice to have tarnished the deceased reputation as she suggested something that could have ruined her friends life.

Extra points for the prison rape of a rapist but you lose points for not writing a scene of the first rape, how he tried to fight it off and the growing anguish, despair, pain and humiliation he was feeling thoughout it all. A cherry on top would be a short phone call after the rape where he is informed who made it all possible and how this is what his life will be moving forward.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Terribly written. You changed her from a whore to a raped / drugged victim in 2 pages.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well written in most respects, but weak on some. In no way would someone lose an otherwise valid inheritance because he committed an unrelated crime after the distribution of the estate or even before. (Unless he murdered the testator[maker of the will].) Also, most date rape drugs have the effect of erasing the memory of the events that happen while the victim is under the influence of the drug. She got very much into the sex so I don't think her subsequent memory of those events can be explained by her being only mildly intoxicated. The story lost a little but of punch for me as a result of those items. Also, why did Sarah even meet Chad. If she decided to back out, why didn't she just call him? Maybe she still wanted to comfort him and encourage him to start dating. Well, Richard White is a good writer so ignore my comments. It is a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

But Sara wore evening wear to Chad's. Why not just nice slacks or a conservative sun dress? I think that's a writing error more than a plot device.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It's so cute when attorneys fall in love and mate. It's like porcupines, you know.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

As usual, some of the smooth brains reading this story cannot separate reality from fantasy. Wait... isn't that a mental condition? They also equate the character's actions and attitudes with those of the writers. It's a good story requiring a modicum of suspension of disbelief. Heck, real life is beginning to require that, too. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The real problem was the stupid narcissistic bitch 'friend's who would do this to her friends knowing how lame her scumbag husband really was to begin with...

Twisted minds are driven by ugly, evil hearts.

Check your heart - bad stuff will just get worse and worse if not corrected....

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

divorce the slut.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Why would she be dressed as she was (LBD, etc) if she was just going to “check on him”?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Dressing like a slut to comfort the asshole and putting herself in the position is enough to kick the cunt to the ditch.

KRD19254KRD192549 days ago

Nope this story don't hunt.... She was warned and still went wearing her gifted seduction dress. True she said NO and then got date RAPED drugged. But she was a vicious TEASE to the morning husband. She put herself in that situation even after her husband warned her.

\

She cannot be TRUSTED and defies her husband's warnings and desires. Dump her at the least possible monetary moment. Ann is a far better honest trusting prospect.

\

I really did not like how this story, was written, it changed perspectives from direct condemnation to absolution (prior to drug knowledge) with date-rape changing the whole out look throwing out her willingness to defy her husband and common-sense.

\

2.9*** hooyah

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous