My Wife's Best Friend

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mum barely hung around for another ten minutes before she hugged the girls goodbye and disappeared out the door. Josie looked at me and we had a chuckle before I moved over to sit next to her, sharing another kiss before she cuddled into me. I heard the girls giggling, looking at them and smiling. Within seconds, they were up and cuddling with me and Josie.

"Want takeaway tonight?" I asked them.

I figured like most kids, something like McDonald's would be popular, but my girls also loved the food at the nearby fish and chip shop. They made great burgers, the fish was always good, the chips golden and crispy, and though it wasn't cheap, it was worth the price. Josie had never had anything from the place, so I probably talked it up and hoped she wasn't disappointed.

The menu did have items specifically for children, Josie happy to watch the girls while I drove down the road to pick up the food. Returning with two large burgers for Josie and me, two small burgers for the girls, a big bag of hot chips and a few drinks certainly had tummies rumbling as we gathered at the table.

"Daddy, is Auntie Josie going to be staying all the time now?" Amelia asked.

"She might stay from time to time, sweetheart. Daddy and Mummy have only just divorced, and it's probably good that your daddy doesn't rush into anything. Would you like Auntie Josie to stay more often?"

Both girls blushed and giggled but the eager nods were not a surprise. I glanced to see Josie almost tearing up, gently taking her hand and kissing the back of it. "Do you miss Mummy?" she asked the girls.

"We do," Annabelle replied, "Daddy explained that we will see her every two weeks."

"Daddy says she still loves us," Amelia added.

"Do you believe Daddy?" I asked. Both of them nodded firmly which did ease any concerns I might have had. "I'll call Mummy later so you can talk to her before you go to sleep. Did you like talking to her last night?"

"She told us that she misses us and loves us," Amelia replied, "We love and miss her too."

Josie sniffled as even I needed to glance away for a few seconds. They were good girls and handled the separation and divorce so well. That's not to say there had not been a hell of a lot of tears, and there were times when they blamed me for everything. I couldn't explain to them all the reasons why their parents had split up. They were too young. Thankfully, Erica also sat them down and gently explained why we had divorced.

I allowed the girls to stay up a little later on Friday and Saturday nights, and as a movie kept them entertained until early evening, Josie was content to sit next to me and keep them company. When it came to putting them to bed that evening, I read them a story as always, Josie standing in the doorway and watching us. I knew these were precious moments and I wasn't going to waste them. There was going to be a day in the future when my girls wouldn't want me to read them a story. I hoped they would always want a kiss and a cuddle before bed though.

Leaving the hallway light on like always, I pulled the door mostly shut and joined Josie in the living room after I'd grabbed a drink for each of us from the kitchen. I turned on a music station on the television, lowering the volume, as Josie and I sat back and talked about anything on our minds. Surprisingly, the divorce and Erica were never mentioned.

We didn't stay up too much later, and Josie didn't hesitate in following me to the bedroom, grabbing her bag and disappearing into the ensuite. She returned in another pair of pyjamas, these ones all black with gold trim and silky smooth. Sliding into bed next to me, we turned to face each other and shared our first proper kiss, feeling her body mould against mine and she giggled at feeling my immediate excitement.

"Slow," she whispered, a sentiment I agreed to, "I know we've been practically dating for months now. You're no longer wearing your ring. You are free and single. But I just want to know that you're sure about this, Chris. I can't go rushing into intimacy only for you to..."

"I'd never..."

She put a finger to my lips. "I know that's what you think and feel. I need to be completely sure too. I know how I feel in my heart, but while I can kiss and snuggle with you, being intimate is a big thing for me."

"Has there been anyone since him?" I wondered.

"You know I don't date all that much, and I take sex seriously. I've never been interested in anything casual. Any man I've been with, I've made them wait until I'm comfortable with the idea. The only reason I can be with you like this now is because we already have a good relationship. I trust you completely."

"You remember how I told you about some of the girls at work? I've warned them off."

"Good." She paused and kissed me softly again. "Angela isn't upset, by the way. She's happy for me and knows that you'll be good for me too."

We kept the girls occupied all weekend, but that didn't stop Josie and me from focusing on each other at the same time. The girls already adored Josie and were constantly trying to gain her attention. Josie gave it willingly, and what I knew about Josie at heart is that she wanted to be a mother herself. I'd heard her talking about it with her friends more than once, including Erica, and I knew it was something that we might discuss should our relationship develop.

By the time I put the girls to bed on Sunday night, they were worn out and I couldn't help chuckling to myself. But what caught my breath was when they demanded Josie come in and give them a hug and a kiss too. Once we were back in the living room, Josie cuddled into me and I think had a little cry.

"Those girls are too much," she whispered.

"I'm just relieved that they do like you as much as they do," I admitted, "I know introducing a new woman into their lives could be difficult. I guess the fact you've been present their entire lives would make things easier."

Snuggling in bed together later that night, the make-out session was the most passionate so far. When I started to poke her again, she had to break the kiss as she needed to giggle again. We resumed making out as one of my hands worked its way down to her pert little arse, giving it a squeeze. Earned a soft moan into my mouth, I slipped my hand underneath her shorts to feel soft skin and no panties. That had me leaning back slightly to meet her eyes, earning a smile in return.

"I'm wearing pyjamas. I don't need underwear," she whispered.

"Would you like to come and stay during the week?"

"Maybe one night or two, but I'd love to come and stay every weekend."

"I would love that. So would the girls if we're being honest."

Josie did stay on Tuesday and Thursday night as I let her know on Monday that Erica was coming for dinner on Wednesday. Though who I dated wasn't really any of her business, as much as who she dated wasn't mine, unless it was who she was involved with at work, I knew that Josie would find it awkward. We were dating though hadn't really talked in grand terms about the future. I knew we were exclusive without discussing it though. I knew she wouldn't be thinking of another man. And although I hadn't had sex in over a year, I was willing to wait for as long as she needed.

At least the girls were happy to see their mother on Wednesday night, and when she did leave after she'd read them a story, there were no tears upon her leaving. I won't say it wasn't awkward as although any anger and bitterness had faded, I knew that establishing any sort of relationship beyond co-parenting was going to be difficult from my side. I still considered what she did a betrayal, and despite moving on, the wounds were healing but still deep.

I drove over to Josie's place after finishing work on Friday, so she didn't need to park her car at mine. The girls were ever so excited to see her as usual. Even Mum seemed happy to see her, greeting her with a warm hug, the sort that was once reserved for Erica. We had something delivered again for a Friday night, this time pizza, a food my girls had loved from an early age. I had Josie laughing when I was easily able to polish off a large one by myself, left wondering where it all went.

After the girls were in bed, we sat outside on the decking by the pool as the weather was growing warmer. The nights were still rather cool but comfortable enough to sit outside without needing a thick jumper.

"How was Wednesday?" she finally asked.

"It wasn't too bad. The girls were happy to see Erica, and I knew spending time with them meant the world to her. I didn't really say all that much to her. The only thing she mentioned was a work trip that would mean she wouldn't see the girls the week after next though she'll be back in time for her weekend."

"Does she know that we're dating?"

"I haven't explicitly told her. I wasn't sure if you would tell her or not. Again, it's not really her business now that we're divorced though I'm sure she wasn't blind to the fact that we were spending a lot of time together. Do you hear from her much anymore?"

"We still text each other. What I can tell you is that she's happy in her career but she's otherwise miserable."

"I find it hard to sympathise with her. She had options available that wouldn't have led to us splitting up. Every choice she made had options. She chose the wrong one each time."

"I might give it another couple of months and then just leave a subtle suggestion that we're seeing each other. Hopefully, she doesn't react too negatively. I think she knows that the friendships with the three of us have changed. She hasn't heard from Claire in months. Angela keeps in touch with her too."

"Claire can't forgive her?"

"Not after what happened with her ex-fiancé. She despises cheaters and considers what she did with you categorical cheating. Apparently, she let rip over a phone call one evening and then cut contact."

"I warned her that there would be consequences. It's a shame such a long friendship has ended. Have you stayed in touch with Claire?"

"Not really as we haven't been as friends as long though she will shoot me the occasional text. I know she's still friendly with Angela."

It was another fun weekend with the girls, taking them into the city as there were a million and one things to do that would keep them occupied. We ended up eating ice cream by the harbour in the afternoon, both girls wanting to ride on Daddy's shoulders after quite a bit of walking. I promised the girls that we would definitely head to the beach later in the spring and early summer as they loved digging in the sand and dipping their little feet into the water.

Weeks pass quickly as a single father with a couple of little girls. The days at work fly by most of the time as I was extremely busy, only distracted by my phone chirping with messages usually coming in from Josie. Mum would also let me know when she'd collected the girls from school and when she was home with them. Erica did her best to visit one night during the week. I told her that I didn't mind which except for Friday nights as I suggested that I would have company. Erica knew what I meant and told me that was fine.

It was perhaps two months later that things started to slowly change regarding Josie and me. The girls had their usual Friday treat and were happy to watch a movie before putting them to bed. After we'd both kissed and hugged them goodnight, I returned to the bedroom as Josie disappeared to what I was already calling our bedroom.

I was watching something on television when she moved to stand in front of me, the sheer black teddy not hiding a thing on her body. She stood there somewhat awkwardly though she was a mix of adorable and drop-dead sexy. There was no missing that she was aroused considering her nipples looked hard, and I did like to see that she had a little pubic hair. Shaved or furry, I wasn't all that fussed.

The invitation was obvious as I stood up and kissed her. It was intense and passionate from the off, slowly working our way to the bedroom where Josie slowly helped me out of my clothes until I was naked and though I loved the black teddy, I wanted what was underneath.

Josie learned over the next couple of hours that I loved pleasuring a woman. My lips, tongue and fingers ended up everywhere on her body. She loved the attention I gave to her breasts as her pink nipples were crying for attention. I kissed all over her tight toned tummy, making her giggle more than once as she proved to be rather ticklish. Kissed all the way up and down her smooth legs to her delicate little feet. I didn't have a fetish, but she did have cute little toes.

And then nirvana. Her pussy. I savoured her taste. Used all the tricks I had at my disposal to slowly bring her to orgasm. And when it finally hit her, she needed to grab a pillow to quieten her screams as her back arched and her thighs did their best to squeeze my head. I got her off over and over again, two fingers sliding inside her and finding her special spot before she had to beg me to stop.

She eagerly returned the favour once she'd calmed down. I hadn't had a blowjob in far too long so I wasn't embarrassed when I was warning her rather quickly that I was going to cum. Erica stopped swallowing for me long before we even married. Josie did so and then told me that as my girlfriend and perhaps taking other titles later, she would always do that for me.

Snuggling in bed later to calm down as I knew we probably wouldn't make love that night, she was gazing into my eyes when her hand moved up to my cheek.

"I love you, Chris," she whispered, "I'm totally sure of that now. I've never felt like this with any man before. Not that there are many on the list."

"I love you, Josie. I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me."

"Oh hush, I just consider us even after what you did for me. Not just that night but how you helped me afterwards."

"I did it because I genuinely cared about you already."

"I know you did. Hard having a little crush on you when you were happily married. I would have never done anything about it if you had remained married."

We made love on Saturday night, and it simply confirmed that we were good together. We'd both gone well over a year without having sex, but we took our time when it came to coupling, enjoying oral sex again before we finally joined in the most intimate way possible. Once I was buried inside her, I kissed her as her lower lip trembled, moving in unison together I couldn't believe how good she felt. When I came inside her, she wrapped her limbs around me and I knew she was having a moment.

Then she needed to ride me, enjoyed more than one orgasm, and we spent the rest of the night fooling around, finally falling asleep quite a bit later with smiles on our faces.

My girls were too young to know about sex, but they seemed to know something was different on Sunday morning as I'm sure Josie and I couldn't stop smiling at each other. When they started to giggle, I had to ask what amused them.

"You look so happy, Daddy," Amelia replied.

"And Auntie Josie looks so happy too," Annabelle added.

Josie took my hand as I leaned over to give her a kiss. "I think it's safe to say that we're very happy with each other," I told them.

Now that we knew we were compatible in the bedroom as we were everywhere else, Josie was eager to spend as much time as possible at my place. I also knew that she loved spending as much time with the girls as possible, and I watched them as I knew they were slowly starting to love Josie just as much. Not as much as their mother and father, but being a constant presence in their lives, I knew that feelings of love and adoration might have eventually formed.

On the weekends that Erica would have the girls, usually picking them up on Friday night and returning them on Sunday, it gave Josie and me plenty of time to focus on our relationship. That's when we well and truly dated, spending every moment possible together. We didn't always have to go out and do things. Josie was perfectly happy to snuggle on the couch in the living room or laze about by the pool outside to soak up some sun. We did like going out for dinner and trying new restaurants or returning to old favourites. We caught up with friends and family, and after six months of officially dating, I was introduced to her parents.

They liked me immediately, her mother cornering me in the kitchen and asking when I was going to propose. I felt myself blushing before she hugged me tightly. "I've never seen her like this before," she whispered, "Our little girl is head over heels in love, Chris. She's told us what happened. I promise you that marrying her won't be too quick. You waited over a year to be together."

I didn't want to rush into proposing though nor did I want to rush into marriage. Getting married so quickly after divorce did worry me. Josie wasn't a rebound. I knew how I felt about her. I knew she was good for me. The girls loved her. My parents adored her. My friends thought she was fantastic.

It was Thursday night perhaps eight months after my divorce when we were sitting on the couch together, the girls in bed, comfortable silence otherwise as we sometimes would just sit together, enjoying the presence of the other though we didn't need to fill the air with meaningless drivel. I'd been thinking about it for at least a month when I cleared my throat.

"How does moving in with me sound?" I finally asked.

She turned to face me, shock on her face for a few seconds before that beautiful smile formed which I loved to see on her face. She kissed me fiercely before hugging me tightly. "I'll take that as a yes," I whispered, "We'll tell the girls in the morning."

"I'd love to live here. Are you sure the girls won't mind?"

"Josie, they're going to love the idea of Auntie Josie being here all the time." I paused before adding, "I think this is when we will have to tell Erica. I can't move someone in without letting their mother know."

I think Josie was delighted I asked as she wore me out that night, sending me to sleep with a satisfied smile on my face as I heard her giggling against me. "Hmmm. I could handle more of that on most nights of the week once I'm moved in," she murmured with her head resting on my shoulder, "Might have to soundproof the room though."

That made me snort before we were both laughing out loud.

Telling the girls about the news the next morning that Josie would be moving in created a lot of excitement and quite a few tears as even I was taken aback at how happy they were about the idea. To be honest, I'd been terrified that they would think that I was replacing their mother, so I had spent time explaining to them as simply as I could the situation. They must have understood considering the positive reaction, and even Josie was overcome when she ended up on her knees in the living room with both girls cuddling her tightly.

Informing Erica was another matter entirely and it wasn't something I wanted to do over text or a phone call. She let me know that she would be coming around on the Wednesday. When I told her that Josie would be with me, I think I almost heard her smiling when she said that she wasn't all that surprised.

It was still weird that Erica knocked on the front door when arriving. I greeted her politely as always, her eyes immediately falling upon Josie once she stepped into the living room. I was expecting a rather cool greeting, unable to stop the smile from forming when Erica walked over and hugged her friend. Josie glanced at me briefly in surprise before she closed her eyes and returned the hug.

The girls were always excited to see their mother, dragging her into their bedroom while I finished preparing dinner, Josie keeping me company. I could sense she was nervous though the friendly greeting had helped calm her down a little bit. Sitting down at the table half an hour later, we made a little small talk, only broaching the subject when we'd finished eating.