All Comments on 'Mysteries'

by H. Jekyll

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My bet is, Jennifer will leave Phillip for Francesca once she gets a child from Phillip. Jennifer will , take half of everything Phillip has in the divorce and get alimony plus get child support to raise "her" child with Francesca.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 1 year ago

Love and desire - how thoroughly we conflate the two. An astute piece of introspection. Incomplete, but perhaps necessarily so. Life is, more often than not, open ended and unavoidably unresolved. A moving piece. Thank you very much.

H. JekyllH. Jekyllabout 1 year agoAuthor

I appreciate your comment. Imperfect people living imperfectly in an imperfect world.

Jlyn1Jlyn110 months ago

I wouldn't say I liked it because you left it unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What a fine character study of a pair of people each paralyzed with uncertainty! 5 stars

des911des91110 months ago

A nicely tangled tale of a conflicted woman and her two loves. Messy, awkward, confusing and loving.

I love it. Thank you

HusbandXHusbandX10 months ago

Switching tense, past and present, was jarring and took me out of the story to re-read a paragraph here and there, playing catch-up, trying to figure out what I missed. One tense would have made it a lot more readable. I felt a bit like a shuttlecock in a game of badminton.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It is a finely wrought tale of a woman in conflict. Her sexual ambivilence is lovingly and empathically explored. "The Willing Suspension of Disbelief" is engaged from word one.

A comment elsewhere concerning tenses is almost irrelevant, given the way you have switched scenes and perspective. It may well be flawed but it doesn't matter.

More please!

StruckwrongStruckwrong8 months ago

Backstabbing both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I do hope Phillip somehow finds those letters and confronts her about her lying cheating character. She cheated. Woman, man, venusian. Doesn't matter. Cheating is cheating and he'd requested honesty concerning their relationship. She lied.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It was dramatic, but the story line sucked. KS

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userH. Jekyll@H. Jekyll
I'm just a guy who loves sex and loves words. I like stroke stories well enough, but I don't often write them and frankly I think that sex can be the curse of sex stories. I write about what sex means to people, how it hurts and heals them, how they are driven by it, how it dr...