Nanny Sarah

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At that moment Sarah and Joan opened the craft room door and came out into the living room. Sarah was holding a bright purple Christmas stocking.

"All right, Heidi. Come see."

My daughter's eyes went big as saucers as she slid out of my lap and dashed across the floor. She grabbed her new treasure with a squeal.

"Look, mommy! My own stocking for Santa to fill!" Heidi's name was embroidered across the top in blue, along with a nutcracker on the body.

"It's beautiful, honey. We'll hang it up after dinner. Say thank you."

Heidi turned and wrapped Sarah in a huge hug. "Thank you, Nanny Sarah."

"You're very welcome, sweetheart. Merry Christmas."

As they were embracing I noticed Sarah was holding another stocking, this one green with gold trim. She caught me looking at it and held it up. "I needed a practice piece, so I made me one, too." She shrugged. "I'll find a place to put it in my room."

I didn't say anything. After a lovely dinner we took the two-minute walk back to our house. Heidi made a beeline for the family room and our gas fireplace. I followed, stopping dead at the doorway. My stocking had already been hung, and my parents' were both hanging from a single hook, a white rose tied with a black ribbon protruding from each.

As I covered my mouth with my hand I felt Sarah come up from behind. "I hope you like it. It seemed a good way to remember them.

I turned and hugged her close. "It's perfect. Thank you so much."

Sarah laid her head on my shoulder and rubbed my back as a tear rolled down my cheek. "You're welcome, Connie."

I sniffed and pulled away, holding my hand out for the stocking she'd made for herself. "Now, gimme that." I snatched it from her before striding over to the mantle. "Okay, Heidi, let's put them up." A moment later there were two more receptacles for Santa's bounty hung by the chimney with care. I noted that Sarah's hung where my mother's always had, and mine was in dad's place. I hoped that was a good omen. Sarah turned on the Christmas tree lights, and we watched them glow, and all was right with the world.

Everything changed one week later.

******

Thank you for reading. Edited versions of the other parts are coming.

1...345678