All Comments on 'Nate & I Ch. 06'

by Gay_sex_only

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

Original reader here! I remembered your name, dear Author, but didn't remember the dumpster, the story, their story. (If you're reading this comment without reading the story from Ch. 01 the dumpster reference might read wrong) it had been so long since I read about Nate and Oliver, Oliver and Nate. Their level of maturity, life experience, well, I hear the same in your voice dear Author. A thrill to read your words, to visit your imagination, in November of 2021 after enjoying both years ago. Welcome back. Stay awhile ...

gayswallowergayswallowerover 2 years ago

So sexy, and so beautiful to both men. I remember my first boyfriend, I loved him. He has since moved on. But I will remember him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So upset he didn’t end up with Nate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Maybe I’m the only one, but this epilogue was an unwelcomed disappointment. Oliver and Nate didn’t end up together with a HEA? The reason for their break-up was unclear and glossed over. Nate didn’t seem to have trouble communicating his feelings to Oliver so this break-up was inconsistent with the rest of the story. And Oliver also lost touch with Kat and had no idea of her life or that she married Jake. It was simply sad. While life can be that way, I prefer to think of these two happy together at the end of Chapter 5, without the realities of this epilogue. You’re the author and it’s your call, but as one reader I was unpleasantly surprised by this finale.

Pitbull86Pitbull86about 2 years ago

You're not the only one. There's a reason this chapter has a far worse rating than the previous one. Throughly disappointed this didn't end with Nate. And it was so sudden too after the good ending from the previous chapter. I honestly wish this epilogue wasn't written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I know many are disappointed about the epilogue; but if literature indeed is the tapestry we weave from the wool of lies to showcase the truth, then should the bigger picture not be reminiscent of Reality? The Epilogue holds up a couple that did not work out; because for a relationship to succeed love is necessary, but not sufficient. It did not work out, as is the case with so many lovers, and the author simply held that up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am sad. Sure I wanted Nate and Oliver to be together. You worked so hard to bring them together against external challenges. They really had no interpersonal differences or couple arguments (of course may not show up in the first few months). Really felt jilted a bit with the lack of information about where they didn’t see eye to eye and why or what Nate wasn’t communicating about. Or how Oliver blew things out of proportion?

Nate says has he met the man of his dreams. I guess he figured out what he wanted so I am left to assume Nate remained insecure or not yet aware apparently for several years (too long apparently) after high school. Is it because he had not admitted to himself that he was gay as young as Oliver? I’d like to know why since they didn’t work out and you wanted to be realistic that many high school relationships don’t last.

I’ve enjoyed so much of your writing and thanks for resuming.

microkrittermicrokritterabout 1 year ago

Well that was really unnecessary. Thongs don't always have to be happily ever after but this really didn't give a whole lot.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Why do writers rarely have gay couple stay together and love. It broke my heart because I already the ending. It seems to me it would be a bigger surprise ending if you still had them remain in love.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous