All Comments on 'Necessary Distractions'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
RavenmillerRavenmillerabout 4 years ago
Compelling & Hot

The sex scene is very hot; painting herself in her own juices was delicious.

I loved the two female leads and the gay Anna Wintour aunt. The woman at the elevator came out of the blue, but was funny. I liked how you wove different topics and cultures--a big family with a dying patriarch and a smaller Middle Eastern family also struggling with a terrible loss, and how these two young women were dealing with their losses individually and together--this was engrossing. I also liked the international vibe that was set up front--magna, Tokyo, aunt's flat in Paris, London. It set a tone of sophistication. That contrasted nicely with how you showed the women's vulnerability with respect to their dying relatives, their family situations, and their blossoming relationship. They're both at the top of their game but so insecure in their own way. I also liked the layering. For example, you have a rich aunt contrasted with Stuart who sells auto parts (on a big level, I recognize, but still, that's mundane, not chi-chi like a fashion magazine). Fatima is in a conservative profession but takes the very dangerous risk of riding a Ducati, sometimes without a helmet. That risk-taking nature dovetails nicely with Kylie's giant tattoo. These women have histories and issues. Basically, the story was well-layered and provided plenty to maintain attention and curiosity, as opposed to just focusing on one relationship or the fact of their dying relatives.

Also, you have some lines that are quote-worthy, which is unexpected. For example, "Hey," said Kylie. "We don't impose on the ones we love. We only share." --Love that.

MaonaighMaonaighabout 4 years ago
So pleased

I am so pleased I've read this story. It's a wonderful mixture of humour, drama, sadness, you name it... Although the main character never actually took part, the shadow of J Henry dominated the story and the Strand family interactions. Even the minor characters loaned something to the mix (I loved old Mrs Ohanion in the lift). Perhaps sometime you could take the story further, looking at the dynamics of the Ozair family. Necessary Distractions: just great!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Love the story. Love the chemistry between Kylie and Fatima. Love the secondary characters. For me, this story means more than just erotica as it talks about love, loss and remembrance. The sex scene was super hot as well. Just an amazing piece of writing.

I'm selfish but I want more. I want to know what happens to Gwen, Stuart and definitely Khalid. I want a follow up when Kylie visits Fatima during Thanksgiving and maybe of them in Tokyo as well.

metroalmametroalmaabout 4 years ago

Words fail. Mine, not those of the incredible LaRascasse! This is one of those things we need as we sit at home waiting out the corona epidemic.

DiscretelyShyDiscretelyShyabout 4 years ago
Awesomeness

I almost never vote and I've never commented but this story was extremely well written and engrossing. Loved the character development and how each one came to life. This was more then just erotica, it is a love story that didn't skip the tidbits that 'mainstream' literature has to skip. Please continue the story with or without (love the with, it is why we're here) the tidbits, the story itself is that good. Thank you for sharing it with us.

yukonnightsyukonnightsabout 4 years ago

I wandered over from your request for feedback on the Forum. Honestly, all I can sat is this is really well done. I particularly enjoyed the exploration of the two lovers vulnerabilities and self-doubts. I think most of us have our own little collection of these we have to manage. There may have been a couple of small inconsistencies, too minor to mention. I'm thinking these comments are all the feedback you need. Thank you for the gift of this.

Lille0148Lille0148about 4 years ago
Captivating

Can’t wait to hear where life leads for Fatima and Kylie.

LalawmanLalawmanabout 4 years ago
Not the fare I usually read

I look for stories that develop more than just a jerkoff scenario. The character development, the total family history and the thought that so much more can be told... well suffice to say you are now one of my favorites. I look forward to more tales of the Strand family.

norafaresnorafaresalmost 4 years ago

This story deserves many more comments and favorites. It's a story I will find myself coming back to when I need a reminder that I am a mediocre writer. This story is the reason people like me enjoy reading. Your writing is so natural, it's as if I am in your character's heads. The writing style is smooth, detailed without being overly so, and brilliant. I have found a new favorite, and a new author to follow. Thank you for writing this, and thank you, especially, for doing it and expecting nothing more than comments and votes in return. I do not believe it is payment enough.

Five stars.

-Nora

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleover 3 years ago

This is a beautiful piece of wordsmithing, a very engaging story in every aspect. Really well done.

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago

This author is head and shoulders above most others that write and publish on lit. His build up is is the secret to his successful stories. However what I like most are the warmth of his characters, they always seduce me into their lives, I only wish that they were real, it would make the world a better place. Thankfully I have lots more to go at, I will save them for when I am feeling a little down, the ones I have read have given me a lovely warm feeling, never wanting them to end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Heartwarming! Feels good to look at the brighter sides of human interactions sometimes. Thank you J Henry, and you as well, LaRascasse. Won’t forget this story. Abi

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaruover 2 years ago

Loved the story. Great dialog, great chemistry. Fatima is hot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. A bit odd reading British spellings in a story set in the States, but still 5*.

dmallorddmallordover 2 years ago

Sin-sational! Really a masterfully written work. Far beyond much of what I have seen on Lit. Truly worth a closer study and worthy of emulation. Thank you for a emotional, moving story. Rate this 5 and better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'd give you ten stars if I could. This story is perfect.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Damn fine writing.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy4 months ago

A lively tale, something that happens every day and yeah getting strength from beloved family members the best ever could happen …. And about coma, its not only coming back and fighting the horrible body modification the caused you falling into coma, no there is more happen to the soul as coma itself is a very special place to be …. Fabulous writing

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Remarkable. It was unique and refreshing. You sure write cinematically. It was beautiful to watch in my minds eye. Please keep writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...