Ned's Big Payday Pt. 06

Story Info
The cheerleaders find true love, Angie and Ned marry.
23k words
4.84
1.9k
1
3

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 11/26/2023
Created 11/11/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This is a compilation of the final five chapters of this story. I'm trying now to imagine a few sequels to complete some of the open-ended events described. I'll let you know when a future story ties back to this one. I appreciate you staying with my story and I hope you enjoyed it.

Chapter 16

Christmas decor was stunning in Kate McAllen's home. More than a dozen large dark red poinsettias, holly with red berries, white pine ropes and flowering cactus gave a festive feel. There was excitement when the large tree arrived. It would stand in the entrance lobby in front of the elegant, curved stairwell.

Ron and Sue Bergen arrived with their son Chris, just home on a thirty-day leave from the Navy. Ron was a weathered, rugged farmer who'd spent most of his life working in the sun. A fine-looking man, he was a little over sixty years old and very fit. Sue was an aging beautiful woman with a bright smile, easy laugh and a confidence that comes from years of experience in the kitchen. She and Denise quickly became best buddies, sharing and developing plans for holiday meals and treats.

Kate seemed to be everywhere, getting to know her future in-laws and Chris. She was thrilled by their endearing personalities and interesting way of life on a large farm. Ron and Sue were captivated by Kate's modeling career and how she'd built a thriving video production company from nothing.

The house was full of laughter, family stories, and memories of past Christmases. Angie was quickly "adopted" by the Bergens as a member of their family. She could be seen frequently in quiet conversation with each in many areas of the house. Chris used Kate's "gym" every day, often joined by Kate, Tom and Ned. Tom and Ron formed a quick friendship based on shared values and the hard work that'd led to their success. Chris was blown away by Tom's recording studio and the hundreds of stars it represented. Most of his favorite artists were recorded by Tom's company.

The men worked to put up an amazing twelve-foot-tall Norway Spruce and all nine friends worked on the decorations. It took two tall stepladders to string the lights and garland. The Lenox China angel for the top was a big challenge but Ned was up to it. Many ornaments had come from countries Kate had visited and Tom brought a dozen hand-blown crystal balls and other shapes he'd purchased in Switzerland. Once decorated, the tree was gorgeous beyond description.

With the holiday still two days away, there was last-minute shopping for gifts and food ingredients that would be used by Denise and Sue. Jason took Tom and Ron for a last-minute shopping spree in the Bentley. Gifts began appearing under the tree at all hours, as if elves had brought them.

Chris and Ned had lunch with Angie on Christmas Eve in a local restaurant. They learned that Chris would be leaving the Navy in less than a year and return to the farm. The plan had always been for him to inherit the property after their dad, Ron, passed away. He also had a serious girlfriend, Jennie. Chris and she had dated for two years prior to his entering the Navy. She later fell in love with another and married him. That marriage failed when her husband was caught embezzling funds from his employer and sentenced to prison. Jennie immediately divorced him and began writing to Chris soon after. They reconnected while he was home a year ago and have decided to be married as soon as his service commitment ends.

Chris jokingly said, "Angie, I don't get it. What do you see in Ned that I don't? You could marry anyone, so why him? If you need to know all his faults, just ask."

Angie and Ned laughed at the question but not at her response. She said, "I see in him a real man, a genuine guy who is who he seems to be. There's no false front. He loves life and I've no doubt he loves me with no reservations. He's considerate and serious but fun loving at the same time. I know he'll never betray me. My whole life changed when we met, and I knew immediately that I wanted him."

Chris responded, "Mom told me that he said he'd just met his future wife that night."

"Yes, he told me when he proposed a few weeks ago. Mom told us that she'd sensed a magnetic force field surround us when we first met. I don't know about that, but something happened that I'd never experienced."

When Angie went to the ladies' room, Chris said, "I have to hand it to you, Ned. She's the prettiest woman I've ever seen. How did you connect with her?"

"Chris, she's just a beautiful inside as out. I met her through Kate. As you know, she works for her mom in the company. I gave some counseling to Kate and she was impressed with me and introduced us. Angie is in training to take over the company in about two years. Kate plans to marry Tom and move to Nashville."

"That's damn impressive. Just think, she'll be a CEO of a multi-million-dollar company at the age of twenty-five. Not bad at all," said Chris.

"I'll be a stay-at-home dad if our plans go as hoped. I think you know I preserved several vials of sperm before my operation."

Chris replied, "I remember you saying that. I hope it works out for you."

***

In West Texas, the first view of Clayton and Rebecca's home was dramatic. As their car crested a small rise, the panorama of the house and the large lake beside it was breathtaking.

As the car neared the house, Janet could see just how large it was. The massive two-story house was made of logs but very modern looking with several wings and wrap around porches. Clayton drove the car around to the back entrance. There, Janet saw a well-landscaped circular drive with a branch drive going to a large two-story building. She guessed that was the bunkhouse because of a few cars parked there. A small helicopter sat on a pad next to the bunkhouse. Two large stock trailers were parked nearby.

Off to the left was a stable with a large paddock where three horses were munching hay. Rob said, "The gray mare is the one I think you'll like. She's named Ruby and is an eight-year-old quarter horse. Very gentle and loves people. She'll happily go home with you."

Clayton said, "We caught that big dark bay stallion after trying for a year. He's now broke after almost killing Luke, and the guys say he's handling well. I rode him for the first time two weeks ago and he's still a little rank but nothing you can't handle. You'll probably want to take him out."

"Has he been gelded," Rob asked.

"Not yet, we want to breed him to Sahara when she comes in heat. That's next week."

Sahara was a dark bay six-year-old quarter horse that was a favorite of Clayton's. She'd had a colt born a year earlier that was a stunner. It will be sold at auction in another year. He had near perfect confirmation and could run like no other colt they had raised. He could be a barrel racing champion they thought.

Janet was wowed when entering the house. There was a great room with twenty-foot ceilings and a massive stone fireplace that dominated the room. Everywhere she looked, there were beautiful furnishings, paintings, native American woven baskets, rugs and wall-hangings. Large poinsettias were arranged throughout the house and a nicely decorated Colorado blue spruce took its place near the stairwell. In her mind, it was the perfect western ranch house that could be featured in any magazine.

She and Rebecca walked to the kitchen while the men brought in the luggage. There, she was introduced to Jamie, an eighteen-year-old daughter of the ranch foreman, Jonah and his wife, Lois. Jamie had been hired as Rebecca's kitchen and housekeeping assistant earlier that fall. Afternoon coffee was brewed. All snuggled into soft leather sofas and chairs in front of the fireplace to enjoy the cozy warmth.

Janet said, "This house is amazing. When did you build it?"

Rebecca replied, "It was built by Clayton's dad about thirty years ago. Their original house was burned by a wildfire. They hired an architect in Dallas to design it and we added on a wing about four years ago.

"Rob's room is in the newer wing and your bedroom is next to his. Our older son, Matt, and his family will arrive later tonight. They'll be just down the hall from you. Their two boys have their own room downstairs. They tend to make lots of noise playing video games so we've tried to isolate them as much as possible."

Rob added, "Matt is an attorney in Dallas and his wife is Ruth Ann. Their boys are seven and five. Matt is ten years older than me. This is the first Christmas they've come here in three years. They normally come for a week during the summer so the boys can be around horses and real cowboys."

"Speaking of real cowboys," Clayton said, "we need to move some of the cattle to a fresh grazing area tomorrow." He explained to Janet, "There's a cold front coming with possible snow and there's a large run-in shelter for them to use if needed. The others have already been moved."

Rob replied, "Great. That gives me a chance to get back in the saddle. Janet, I suggest you take it easy tomorrow and we'll get you on Ruby a little later." That was welcomed news to her.

"Thanks, I'll help Mrs. Travis and Jamie tomorrow."

Rebecca replied, "The first thing I want you to do is call me 'Rebecca.' 'Mrs. Travis' makes me sound so old."

Clayton added, "And please call me 'Clayton.' I'm already feeling too old." All laughed.

Rebecca said, "We'll have breakfast for you and the guys at six so you can get an early start."

The reality of ranch life just smacked Janet's perceptions in the head. She would need to be up and working on breakfast by five to feed eight hungry cowboys at six. Rob didn't mention that during their pillow talk.

"That's good," Clayton replied, "We need to saddle the horses and trailer them out. It'll take us all day to move the cattle, I'm guessing. With eight of us it should go smoothly."

"How many head do you have to move," asked Janet.

"Probably around nine hundred. They're Beefmasters and easier to herd than other breeds but will still be a challenge. They were widely dispersed yesterday."

"Do you have fenced areas all over the ranch to control their grazing?"

Rob answered, "Yes, in order to grow hay and grain for the winter feeding, we've fenced six large areas to use for rotation of the herd. In total, there are about four thousand head now and will be nearly seven thousand after the calves drop starting in January."

Clayton added, "The fields we use for hay and grain are irrigated so we must keep the cattle out of them until the last cutting. We finished that in October and the grass has now grown back enough to let them graze on it until bad weather comes."

Rob explained that the six grazing areas were about two thousand acres each and had large run-in sheds the cattle could use if snow and icy weather comes. While Beefmasters are a hardy breed and well adapted to Texas grazing, it never hurt to give them areas to congregate out of the extreme cold and windy weather West Texas could frequently have.

Janet said, "I've a lot to learn about ranches and cattle. Forgive me if I ask stupid questions."

Rob replied, "All of us learned the same way so there are no stupid questions."

Clayton had always been considered by his wife and friends to be a good judge of a person's character. He'd been proven correct many times. As he sat watching Janet and listening to her questions, he was relieved to see that she was genuinely interested in the ranch and in Rob.

When he first heard his son was dating a cheerleader, he was concerned. Cheerleaders in Clayton's mind equated to gold-diggers or pretty but brainless girls looking for a rich husband. Thankfully, he'd never told Rebecca of his concerns. After spending an afternoon with Janet, Clayton realized that she was likely the real deal. Rob was also proving himself a good judge of character, he thought.

Rebecca said, "We're thinking about grilling steaks for dinner. Does that sound good?"

Janet replied, "I loved grilled steak but rarely get it. Where I live, we aren't allowed to grill outside. The vegans would raise a stink."

Clayton smiled and said, "You won't find any vegans around here."

Rebecca added, "Thank God."

***

Angie decided to spend the night at her mom's and Ned left for his home after dinner. As he lay in bed thinking about the day, his phone rang. It was Beth calling.

"Hey lady, what's up with you?"

"Ned, I just wanted to call and wish you a merry Christmas. I'm in Tampa, curled up in bed and thinking about life. I just want to say thank you again.

"Mark and I arrived yesterday to the warmest welcome I could imagine. His parents are amazing and they made me feel a part of the family from the moment we met. His dad is in semi-retirement, working only three days a week at a local clinic. His mom is a retired nurse and just about the sweetest person I've ever met. Just like Mark, they are the real McCoy."

Ned replied, "That's wonderful, Beth. Mark is now a front-runner for your heart, it seems."

"In my mind, he's won the race. He's been discussing plans for the future that seem to include me. Nothing about a future marriage has been mentioned, but a girl can tell when the guy is serious but maybe a bit cautious in pushing too hard on a relationship."

"No doubt that's true," Ned said. "Many guys will tip-toe cautiously when discussing the future with a girl. He may think he knows your thoughts but is not totally sure. He may want you to mention a future together before he takes a leap of faith and brings up marriage."

Beth said, "That's great advice. I'll sneak in a comment and see how he reacts. I also should mention that he's an excellent lover, very gentle and very attentive to my body. We've had great sex and it seems to get better every time. If it hadn't been for you, I don't think I could ever trust a guy again. That rape turned me against all men, but you showed me that I was wrong. Thank you."

"Locked deep inside you, Beth, was a very loving woman that just needed to be released. You and Mark, I predict, will be madly in love for many years to come."

"You've been right so far, Ned. I pray your record holds."

"Merry Christmas, Beth."

***

Following an epic dinner of grilled rib-eyes, Janet helped Jamie and Rebecca clean the dishes and kitchen. Rob and Clayton walked to the stables to check on that new dark bay stallion. They entered his stall to let him get to know Rob. It was a bit scary, but Rob showed no fear as he walked to stroke the big horse's head and neck. After a couple of carrots, the stallion grew calm and accepting of Rob's attention.

This stallion, judged to be about eight or nine, had been leading a herd of wild horses that were likely descended from Spanish stock. Some significant scars on his face, neck and rump showed his leadership had not gone unchallenged. Now that he was broken to saddle, other younger stallions fought to move into the leadership vacancy. The wild horses numbered around forty and could be seen most anywhere on the ranch, even among the cattle. Rob planned to take Janet out to see them using the helicopter.

Matt, Ruth Ann and the boys arrived just after 8:00pm. The house was again filled with Christmas greetings, laughter and the boys running all over the place. Janet and Ruth Ann became friends almost immediately.

Ruth Ann was a fine-looking woman in her early thirties and obviously very fit and athletic. She'd played basketball for the University of Texas. Having two sons did nothing to damage her figure.

Matt was handsome and resembled Rob in many ways. Janet noticed their way of talking and many facial expressions were similar.

Both Ruth Ann and Matt were immediately captivated by Janet and her sincere friendliness. When they heard about her a month earlier, they didn't know what to expect. Rob had not been forthcoming, almost as if he wanted to surprise his family. If that was his plan, it worked.

Since they had already stopped for dinner, the rest of the evening was spent in front of the fire, talking about many recent events. Ruth Ann announced that she was expecting again but it was too early to know the sex. That set off a loud cheer and many hugs of congratulations. Rebecca was thrilled and Clayton was very proud of another Travis coming. The blessings of Christmas suddenly became even more special for everyone.

After Clayton and Rebecca left for bed, the others continued to talk in front of the fire. Matt and Ruth Ann wanted to know everything about Janet and vice versa. It was a very pleasant conversation with Rob talking about their first meeting and how nervous he was that he might scare Janet away. Janet recounted her initial impressions of Rob and how their evolving friendship revealed how talented he was. Matt and Ruth Ann knew about Rob's great voice, of course, but were impressed that he sang to Janet after just a few dates. Rob was normally shyer than that.

Matt talked about his career in business law and Ruth Ann told Janet about her basketball career and how she had met Matt while standing in line at the airport. Great stories, most of them very humorous, were shared as the fire died down. Once the boys were finally quiet, all went to bed.

Rob had a full bath in his room and that's where they showered together. For the next fifteen minutes, he paid very close attention to learning more about the working parts of Janet's vulva. His previous education benefited both. They had to be very quiet while making very exciting love to each other.

Exhausted after such a long day, Janet went to her bedroom, set the alarm for 4:30am and crashed. Within minutes, she was dreaming.

***

When the alarm screamed, Janet jumped and from her foggy brain slowly emerged the memory of why she had to be up this early. She couldn't remember any other time in her life that she actually saw 4:30am on a clock. This was no normal Christmas eve.

She dressed as quickly as she could and walked down to the kitchen. The wonderful smell of brewed coffee greeted her as she descended the stairs. Rebecca, Ruth Ann and Jamie were there sipping cups of the heavenly nectar when she walked in.

"Janet, we didn't expect you to be up this early," Rebecca said.

"I wanted to help out with breakfast for the guys," she replied. "What can I do?"

Jamie replied, "Grab a cup and join us. We're just planning the meal."

As the four sat at the counter, Rebecca said, "We don't normally have to be up and going this early, but the guys have a lot to do today. They just arrived at the stables a few minutes ago and will be grooming and saddling before they come to eat. I was thinking about flapjacks, bacon, eggs and hashbrowns. Janet, if you want to begin breaking the eggs in that bowl over there, they'll be ready to scramble just before the guys come. After that, maybe peal some potatoes. Jamie will fry the bacon now and I'll mix the batter for the flapjacks and start on those. Ruth Ann, if you could set the big table and then help Janet with the potatoes, we can be ready in plenty of time."

Janet asked, "I remember Clayton said they would be trailering them out. How far do they have to go?"

"Clayton took the copter to find them yesterday morning. They're about 19 miles out he estimates. The best way to get the horses out there will be by stock trailer so they won't be tired before the hard work begins."

In the stable, eight cowboys worked to get their horses ready. They checked their shoes for anything loose, groomed to remove any tangles and saddled them for the long day before coming in for breakfast. After washing up, Matt and the guys entered the kitchen to the fantastic smell of bacon. While the hands greeted Rebecca, Ruth Ann and Jamie, Janet walked in. It was suddenly quiet as the guys admired this new lady with wide eyes and bated breath.