All Comments on 'Negative Space Ch. 09'

by _bloom_

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
MizTMizTover 12 years ago
How Could You

stop right here? You are about to drive me crazy with this one. I still haven't figured out what is going on and I want to find out right now. What is going on w/Theo? And what is this power she has to read Vamp minds? What is her secret? See I'm full of questions that only the next chapter can bring. You have me hooked.

Honestly looking forward to the next installment.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 12 years ago
That's where you stop?

I have to say I was expecting a longer chapter after this wait. A lot happened in this chapter but not enough for me to be satisfied. It also jumped around quite a bit. More loose ends, more questions and no answers.

If you are intending for the readers to feel as off balance and confused as Lana, it's working. At this point I just want some answers. Not everything at once but some sign that the story is moving forward.

I do like the story a lot though and I'm sure you've got an awesome plan for the conclusion.

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 12 years ago
Wow---this is exciting!

It never fails to amaze me how creative some imaginations are when it comes to spinning out vampire and werewolf realities. With its medical aspects, this world is fascinating. And who knows, maybe the antipathy between weres and vampires alluded to in this chapter will be relieved through the common link of needed medical care.

I hope that Lana and Theo will find their way back to each other.

Can't wait to see where you're headed next.

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 12 years ago
Wow

It's a tricky thing to translate her medical knowledge of humans into something that will work for non-humans. I am just dying to know more about her unusual ability. And get Theo back!

Rbn8Rbn8over 12 years ago
Great writing!!

I love your new twist on the vampire tales! Very unique!! Keep writing!!

goodwillmagicgoodwillmagicover 12 years ago
Please maam, may we have another?

I love this story, lots of twists and plot. Adding weres was something I didn't see coming, but when I think about it more it makes sense. She is a healer so will help whoever she can. I hope the mistery about her powers will come soon and a resolution with Theo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Not understanding the direction.

The first 6 chapters I loved. They flowed well, I was understanding the characters more then all of a sudden you took the story in a totally new direction. Of course it's writer's license to do so but usually we quickly learn why. I'm not getting the why. I liked Theo but now he's being written as an evil bastard. When did Lana suddenly get these "powers"? Why does she go from being romantically involved with Theo to getting turned on seemingly by anyone who sniffs at her? Perhaps I'm being impatient and I just need to wait for the pieces of the story to fall into place but right now I feel like all I have are a bunch of scattered pieces that barely fit.

---Eva D.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
couldn't agree with Eva D more

I completely agree with Eva D. I think the new direction is very hard to follow and confusing. There are some great elements, but it is now very frustrating to follow the story and understand the characters.

lusherlusherover 12 years ago
argh, ignore the anonymi

Your writing isn't hard to follow, but it is unusual, which I think is what's really confounding those leaving negative feedback. I for one appreciate that unlike so many writers in the Nonhuman genre, you write relationships that experience believable and serious conflict. I've no doubt Theo will return and that he and Lana will attempt to work through their mutual -- and well justified! -- mistrust and poor communication. Whether they reconcile or not, I'm sure both will continue to fascinate. Your writing thus far proves it.

Also, I *like* that you acknowledge the intensified fascination and lust that humans have for creatures who've evolved to use seduction to hunt. I *like* that Lana isn't automatically the monogamous mate of a man she barely knows. She's obviously highly sensitive and responsive to supernatural forces. A major theme here is that she is discovering her own supernatural power! Of course she is going to struggle to control her feelings.

You are doing interesting, unexpected things here. Please don't let readers who want the same old predictable themes convince you to play it safe. Especially given that most of the naysayers lack the stones to comment under a username! I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing what fresh new paths you choose next...

ZhaneybunnieZhaneybunnieabout 11 years ago

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh!!!! Such a fan right now! Lol omg, I may be late in reading but I can't wait to see what happens next!! I had a feeling about what was happening to Nora, but I hoped I was wrong :( hopefully she can save the baby as well!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous