Nerdly Yours

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, Sigmund. The session is over. And don't you dare bill me for this talk."

"You're a hopeless case anyway," Yaron said rolling in laughter as he hung up.

The phone rang again one hour later.

"Hello, am I talking with Daniel Cohen?" a female voice asked at the other side of the line.

"Yes, that's me. How can I assist you?" he asked in a very professional manner thinking it was a client, a bag of potato chips in one hand.

"I'm Georgina Eastland. I hope you remember me."

Daniel almost choked with a chip.

"Yes, of course I remember you! The lady in red I met at the nightclub last Saturday. You're unforgettable."

Daniel heard Georgina giggling.

"The real question is why YOU remember ME," he said expressing his thoughts aloud.

"You were kind and you cared for me. You were not trying to sell an image. You intrigued me enough to look for you."

"How did you find me?"

"Let's say there are five other Daniel Cohens in the area that got a call from me too. Three of them invited me out pretending to be you."

"How do you know it's really me?"

"I recognized your voice, but when you called me 'the lady in red' I knew I had found the right one."

Daniel frowned. "You made all this effort just to find me? Is something wrong with your computer?"

It was entirely out of the realm of anything he had ever imagined, that a girl who looked like Georgina could show interest in him.

"My computer is just fine. I hope you don't think I'm a stalker or something, but you never gave me your number and you never called me. So I decided to take the first step."

"Sorry about my number. I should have thought about that. In my defense, girls usually don't ask for it. As a matter of fact, they do their best trying to forget I exist. So, I don't have much experience in these situations. Sorry I didn't call you."

Daniel heard Georgina giggling on the other side of the line.

"I hope I'm not bothering you at work."

"Nah, it's fine. I work flexible hours. I'm flattered that you called me actually." Daniel pinched himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "I'm puzzled, Georgina, I'm pretty sure you have a lot of guys to call. Why me?"

"Because you're special, Daniel. Even if you don't' realize it."

Daniel laughed his ass off. "No, seriously."

"Seriously. You were kind and compassionate with a person you barely knew. You didn't hit on me, or have a secret agenda, except for making me feel better. A true gentleman. There are not many of your kind left, Daniel."

"At least not single ones," Georgina thought.

"Moi a gentleman? Are you sure you're talking with the right guy?"

Georgina laughed again. "That's another thing I like about you. You make me laugh. Look, I'm calling you because I need a date."

"A date?" Daniel blurted out. "You want me to be your date?" Daniel still couldn't believe his ears.

She giggled. "Yes, I do."

"Sure, it's just... I... hmm... What I'm trying to say is I don't have much experience being anyone's date..."

"Don't worry," Georgina sounded reassuring. "You just need to show up."

"Are you sure about this? I mean... Do you want to be seen in public with me?"

"Yes, Daniel. Do you mind coming to Middletown? Do you know where it is?"

"No, of course I don't mind. And yes, I know where Middletown is. I have several clients there."

"See you next Saturday then. I'll text you the details."

***

The rest of the week, Daniel and Georgina texted back and forth. The speed of her replies and the length of her messages made it clear that she was truly interested in him.

One evening, Daniel got tired of typing and called her. He loved to hear her voice.

They did small talk for a while and then he asked her, "So, what is this event about?" Daniel tried to make his voice sound casual, but he couldn't hide the nervous intensity of his interest.

"Well, there is this town event we have here in Middletown... It's called 'The Flower Festival'. A silly name, I know. It takes place the first Saturday of every Spring."

"Okay, go on."

"The Festival is held in a clearing of the forest. There is lighting provided by tiki torches, music played by a live band, a dance floor, food, beer... I'm sure you're going to like it."

Daniel nodded and tensed up when he heard the word 'dance'.

"Tell me, Georgina, do you really need a date?" asked Daniel.

Georgina cleared her throat and said, "Yes, most of the people bring a date, because 'Spring is supposed to be the season of love'. Corny, isn't it?"

Georgina waited in silence for Daniel's reaction to her words.

"You have no idea what you asking me for. I'm horribly shy about dancing. I can't dance," he said more specifically.

"I'm really looking forward to attending the Flower Festival with a date! The last years I've been going all by myself. You're my only male friend. Pathetic, isn't it? Do you think... I mean... would you come with me?" Georgina cursed herself, she wasn't usually so insecure.

Once again, Daniel felt as if he had entered some weird alternate universe, one where hot women like Georgina pleaded for him to go to a dance with her.

"Of course, I'll go with you. I just don't want to embarrass you. I have serious balance issues. You should have seen me in gym class, you would understand."

"I'll lead you, you'll just have to follow me. But if you're worried about that, we don't have to dance, just come to have fun and meet new people!"

That might have sounded like fun to someone else, but it was very close to one of his nightmares for Daniel. They usually ended with people laughing at him.

"Please!" she pleaded again.

"Okay, you win. I'll do it. I am a sucker for gorgeous women. You don't happen to own a book called 'Dancing for Dummies', do you? Or a video tutorial with very easy step-by-step instructions?"

"Are you really coming?" asked Georgina, with a shriek of excitement in her voice.

"Yeah, I would be an idiot if I said 'no' to you," Daniel honestly said.

CHAPTER 5

Georgina looked at herself in the mirror, trying to decide if she had overdone the lipstick. Yes, she had.

It wasn't like she was nervous or anything. Why would she be nervous? Daniel was just another man. Except that he wasn't. For some inexplicable reason, she was anxious about their date.

She checked her phone for the umpteenth time that evening, waiting for a message from Daniel. What if he stood her up and never came? She shouldn't have told him about the dance part.

Daniel was supposed to arrive at 6 p.m., but it was already fifteen minutes past six and yet there was no sign of him. Georgina was getting worried and impatient.

Finally, after another five minutes, Daniel arrived. He looked all flustered and apologetic.

He was wearing black. A slightly too-big pair of black pants and a shirt with a small Batman logo. His hair was still a mess, but it was clean. He was not wearing glasses.

"Daniel! You made it!" Georgina came out with a relieved expression on her face before he could knock at the door.

"I'm sorry I'm late. Last-minute work. "Daniel sounded contrite. "It took longer than expected. I wanted to call you but my phone's battery died."

"It's fine. I understand." She waved a hand at him. "It's me. I panic way too easily when it comes to dates. You are here and that's all that matters."

Daniel handed Georgina a colorful bouquet of freesias. "These are for you."

"Oh Daniel, thank you! They are lovely! You shouldn't have," Georgina exclaimed, smelling the flowers.

"Everyone says it's customary to bring flowers to your date. You look amazing, by the way."

"Thank you for the compliment."

"Just the truth. I feel underdressed at your side. We don't match," he twisted his mouth.

"I have no problem with you being underdressed. I've been told I tend to overdress. So we complement," Georgina expressed with a smile. She took a look at her phone and said, "We should get going."

She went inside to place the flowers in water and came out a few minutes later carrying her car keys.

"Do you mind if we go in my car?"

"Not at all," he opened the driver's door for her once she unlocked it.

As Georgina navigated along the paved two-lane road, Daniel looked to his right and was able to see glimpses of the blue waters of the lake. Inhaling deeply, Daniel savored the scents of the forest. The ground was filled with greenery, from ferns to towering Douglas firs and pines. He took his chance to take a look at Georgina too.

Georgina caught Daniel stealing glances at her. That steady, avid gaze had caused her fingers to become clumsy and her heart to pump just a little faster. What was so special about Daniel that made her body react like that? She couldn't tell.

"So, no glasses?"

"Nope," he answered, rubbing his eyes. He had done it a few times while they were riding in the car. "I'm wearing contact lens. I'll probably throw them away after tonight and go back to my glasses."

"I like you in your glasses."

"Really?" he asked, perking up a little.

"Yeah. The contacts are nice, but your glasses suit your better."

"That's good because the contact lenses irritate my eyes." He rubbed his left eye again. "That's why I always wore glasses."

"Get rid of those stupid contacts and next time put your glasses back on, otherwise I might think you're trying to give yourself a makeover to impress me."

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, because a makeover is the only way you'd be impressed by someone like me."

"What? No, that's not what I meant."

Slowing down the car, Georgina turned into a side road. The car bumped down a small path through the forest until they arrived at a clearing. There were torches all around. Not far from it there was a meadow filled with wildflowers.

They had set a wooden dance floor and a small stage for the occasion and a well-known local band was playing some country tunes.

There were a lot of people. Daniel felt a wave of anxiety. He had never felt comfortable around crowds. He thought about Yaron challenging him to do things that were out of his comfort zone.

"I didn't mean what I said to sound like you need to change to impress me," Georgina said once she stopped the car.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it," he shrugged. It wasn't the first time someone suggested something like that to him.

They got out of the car, but Daniel stood beside Georgina without moving. "I hate to break it to you, but you're dating a very romantically insecure person," he said quietly.

"I wasn't aware I was dating anyone at all," Georgina said with a sassy smile. "Are you asking me?"

Daniel's heart caught in his throat like it was snagged on barbed wire.

Georgina's heart melted. She elbowed him softly. "Kidding. Mostly."

"Relieved," Daniel replied. "Mostly.

Georgina grinned. He was such a very lovable person.

"I know I'm not the kind of guy you usually date," Daniel said, almost apologizing. "Your friends are going to notice."

"You said that as if it were a bad thing. Trust me, it's not. I have no idea where this thing we have is going, but I want to be honest with you from the very beginning, Daniel. You're a good man, a decent man, and you deserve the truth from me from the very start. I've dated a lot of jerks who only wanted to have sex with me. I've slept with a lot of men. Tonight you'll probably hear stories about me sleeping with the football team in high school. Well, it's true. I did it. I'm not proud of myself for doing that."

Georgina felt completely safe and comfortable with Daniel. She didn't know exactly why. She had never shared her past with a stranger. But this time it was different. HE was different.

Daniel remained silent. He was pretty sure it wasn't a standard practice to be given that much information on a first date. He didn't know much about dating rules or relationships, but he was sure what Georgina said could be labeled as 'too much, too soon'.

On the other hand, he fully appreciated her honesty.

"Have I shocked you into silence?" she asked trying to make her voice sound light and humorous.

Daniel shook his head. "I'm just looking for the right words." She nodded. "I don't judge people, Georgina. I try to see the best in everyone. Those things are in your past. We all did things we are ashamed of. I was judged so many times for being weird. I can laugh at myself because I know being weird doesn't define me. Don't let your past define you."

Georgina beamed at him. "You're deep."

He laughed. "I have my Yoda moments."

"If I find a good man, I'm going to spoil him rotten. I'll make sure he gets all the sex he can handle, I will prepare his favorite meals, I will send him sweet texts during the days, and give him a relaxing head massage when he gets home from work. I'd never cheat on him because cheating on a good man is like choosing trash over treasure."

Daniel gave Georgina a soft smile. "That sounds about perfect. That man will be very lucky to have you at his side. Thank you for being honest with me about your past. I truly appreciate it."

Her eyes glistened, but no tears spilled. "You're a true gentleman, Daniel. There aren't many of your kind left."

He snorted softly, embarrassed by her compliment.

"Are you nervous?" Georgina asked him.

He nodded. "Yes. Very."

Georgina giggled. Again, his charming and refreshing honesty. A man who wasn't afraid to show his feelings.

She took Daniel's hand in hers, gave him an encouraging squeeze, and whispered, "Relax. Everything is going to be fine."

Daniel twisted his mouth and followed her. In movies when someone said 'everything will be fine' it usually meant bad things were about to happen.

They walked into the clearing hand in hand. Daniel felt everyone's eyes were fixed on him. He could see them whispering to one another and pointing toward him. He did his best to ignore them.

Georgina approached a small group of people. They gave them a warm welcome, and Georgina introduced Daniel to them.

"Steve, Diana, meet my friend, Daniel."

"Nice to meet you," said Steve.

"Hi, nice to meet you too," Daniel said and shook hands with him.

"You look good together," Diana opined.

"Thank you, Diana," Georgina smiled at her to show her there were no hard feelings between them.

A muscular guy approached them. He slammed his hand on Daniel's back making him stumble.

"Oh, you're Georgina's new squeeze. She has really lowered her standards. It seems now she dates guys with a bad haircut and dismal fashion sense."

"Shut up, Irv!" Georgina snapped. "You're being rude to my date."

Irv smirked at her.

Daniel raised his hands. "Listen, I don't want any problems. I'm here to enjoy the Festival."

"No, you aren't," said Irv. "You just want to sleep with Georgina."

Daniel was appalled. "That is not true."

"How flattering," Georgina murmured, with a smile.

"Everyone wants, and most of the males here did," pressed Irv.

"You have no manners and you don't know how to treat a lady," Daniel said in a voice as firm as he could muster. "You should apologize to her for saying that."

"She is no lady. Go ahead and ask her, nerd boy," Irv snapped his fingers.

Daniel's cheeks flushed with embarrassment, but he faced Irv and said, "I know everything I need to know about Georgina. I happen to like her just as she is. I don't know why her life is any of your business. It's not your place to go telling people about her past! Please, go away and leave us alone!"

Georgina's admiration for Daniel grew up leaps and bounds. He didn't stand a chance in a fight with Irv, but even so, he was standing up for her.

"I can make it my business," Irv jerked his chin toward Daniel, clenching his fists.

"That's hardly fair." Steve was indignant. He stood beside Daniel. "I can make it my business too."

"Cut it out, Irv," Diana yelled at him. "You're making a fool of yourself."

Georgina stood at the other side of Daniel. "Why are you always such an asshole, Irv?"

"Asshole?" Irv looked as if he were about to laugh.

"What you said to Daniel..."

"I was trying to save him some pain. We both know you will cut out his heart and walk all over it in high-heeled red shoes. That's what you do."

"I will not! I did it just with you! And that's because you're a pig. Everyone calls you so behind your back."

"Just wait till Georgina gets bored with you and you have to pick up the pieces," Irv said, placing a big hand on Daniel's shoulder. He shook it off.

Principal Livingston approached the group. "It seems you already had one too many beers, Irving. Why don't you go to get some fresh air to clear your mind?"

Irv stormed out of the group.

"Are you all having a good time?" Principal Livingston asked them.

"We were till Irv decided to act like an ass," Georgina said crossing her arms. "I was going to have a few words with him when you showed up, sir."

The intensity in her voice almost made Daniel shiver. She walked off after Irv clenching her fists.

Principal Livingston smiled at Daniel and extending his hand he said, "I'm afraid we haven't been introduced. I'm Edward Livingston, I'm the principal at Middletown High."

"Daniel Cohen, Georgina's date for the day. Nice to meet your, sir."

"I'm sorry about Irving's behavior. I'm afraid I'll have to take some disciplinary measures if he doesn't change his ways. Please don't judge all of us for what one bad apple did."

Principal Livingston sounded like a father trying to excuse his son's actions.

Daniel shrugged. "I don't. His kind and my kind don't mix well. I had to face guys like him all my life. They look at me like I'm some kind of freak show, and those are the kind ones. I always stood up to them, I have scars to prove it. I don't let his words affect me."

Principal Livingston nodded.

"If I can offer you my two cents, I think that Georgina is smarter than Irv gave her credit for. I know she can make you happy if you give her the chance."

Daniel smiled at the principal. "I'll keep what you said in mind. Thank you, sir."

He didn't think it was necessary to clarify that they were not an item.

Georgina came back, smiled at Daniel, and kissed his cheek.

"Irv?" he asked.

"I had a few words with him," she said rubbing her knuckles, "After our talk, he wasn't feeling well and left. No one is going to miss him anyway." Georgina grabbed Daniel's hand and dragged him to the dance floor. "Come on, don't let him ruin our date."

Daniel's throat was so dry he could only manage a whisper. "I honestly can't dance!"

"Don't worry, silly," Georgina whispered back. "I can."

She took him in her arms and they began to dance some kind of slow dance that wasn't very complicated to follow.

Daniel was content to let Georgina lead the dance, and he did his best to follow her. Surprisingly, after a while, he relaxed and found enjoying himself... a little

"Look, Georgina, I'm well aware I'm here just because you couldn't get a date for today. I didn't think it was the right moment to correct the group about us. Now your friends are going to think we are an item."

Georgina gave Daniel a soft smile. "You are really clueless, aren't you? I asked you to come with me because I like you. Thank you for being my date, by the way."

"You didn't exactly give me much of a choice," he pointed out.

Georgina laughed almost fondly. "You have no idea how a social encounter is supposed to work, do you? I say 'thank you' and you say 'you're welcome.'"

"Talking about that, thank you for standing up for me with Irv," said Daniel.

"You're welcome, though you were doing a great job by yourself. You don't know much about me yet, but I'm fierce when I protect the ones I care for..."

"Your friend is an asshole," he said trying to distract himself from the hot body pressing against him.