Nerds of a Feather Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I uh, haven't had much to smile about until this week. Thank you." She was thrilled that he thought she was pretty in some way. Her self image was anything but pretty.

They discussed ideas for more dates and activities, like hiking, museums, concerts, art shows, skating, and movies. They decided to make Friday night a regular date, and try to get together on Saturday mornings to review their dates and make more plans. Weeknights would be OK to visit after school or after supper as they only lived a 30 minute walk apart. What to do with a weeknight visit was still an open question. Hanging out? Board games? Watching TV? Walks in the park?

"I think we have enough plans now and it's almost lunchtime. I'd better go." They got up and she wrapped her arms around Jake and hugged him tight. He responded by hugging her back. This felt so wonderful to both of them. Jake whispered "I wish I could kiss you". Kara eased back from their hug and planted her mouth on his. They kissed for a while and then she slid her tongue across his lips. Jake did the same and when they broke their kiss he said "Oh wow, this is nice. I like holding you like this."

"I've never been this close to anyone before, Jake. And it feels wonderful," Kara replied "It feels so exciting." She could tell Jake was excited too, as she could feel a bulge in his pants. She was surprised that he found her that attractive. This was so far outside her experience and self image that she almost couldn't believe it.

They went upstairs and kissed goodbye again as she left. Jake's mom saw them, and during lunch she asked him about Kara. "So Jake, I guess Kara isn't just your lab partner anymore, is she?"

"No, she's, um, she's my girlfriend now." It felt weird and exciting to say that.

"I think it's nice that you've started doing something with friends outside of school. Just be careful, OK? Don't go too far too fast."

"Kara's very careful and cautious, and we both overthink everything."

"All right, but please talk to me or your father if you have any questions at all. You know, you really can talk to us about anything. Sex, dating, life, anything."

"Thanks mom"

***

Oct 20 1980

They met at school on Monday morning and Jake asked Kara if they could walk to and from school together. He thought it would be wonderful to be able to walk to school with her, with his girlfriend. 'Girlfriend' was such a novel concept to him. "We don't live close enough together for that" she replied. Jake suggested that they both walk down to Willow St, they could meet and walk together from there. It would be a bit longer walk to get to school, but they would be together for most of it. "Oh! OK, that would work. Good idea Jake. That would be nice" she said.

They held hands in the hallways between classes and ate lunch together. They spent their usual time doing their homework during their study periods. The other nerds and outcasts were a bit surprised at their new closeness but it wasn't until the end of the day that their classmate Tricia mentioned it. "What's up with you guys, you've been acting kind of like um, boyfriend/girlfriend all day, or something".

"That's because we are now" said Jake, blushing and smiling.

"Wow, how did this happen? You two have always worked together on stuff at school but it never looked, um, personal, before, if you know what I mean?"

"It was Jake," said Kara, "he made a leap of faith, and asked me out. I took a chance too, and said yes."

Tricia laughed and said "It took you guys long enough! See you tomorrow!"

Jake and Kara walked most of the way home together on the route Jake suggested. They talked about the Halloween party and decided that the Einstein and Curie thing was fine. Jake told her about what his mom said, about being careful and taking things slow. Kara agreed but thought Jake should come over and to her house so she could introduce him as her boyfriend. "I've never had a boyfriend before, and I'm kind of excited to be able to introduce you like this, to my parents. I hope that's not too much or too fast, is it?"

Jake didn't think this was too much at all. He was rather excited about the idea of being introduced as her boyfriend. "I can come over tonight if you want" he said. "is 8 OK?" Kara said 8 was fine, they kissed and parted ways.

***

Jake reached out to ring the doorbell as Kara opened the door. "Right on time" she said. They hugged and kissed hello and she invited him in. Her parents were watching something on TV. Her father shut the TV off and said "Kara told us she was expecting a visitor, you must be Jake." They shook hands and Kara's mother said she would get some refreshments. "Have a seat Jake. Kara says you two are dating now?"

"Yes sir. Well, one date anyways, or maybe two, if we count Saturday."

"Jake, we trust our daughter and we let her make her own decisions. You are welcome here any time, but please don't make her unhappy."

Jake understood that this would make Mr Martins unhappy which would end up with Jake being likewise unhappy when Mr Martins brought all hell down on him. Kara's mom brought cookies and soft drinks, and glasses of scotch for her and her husband. They sat and chatted for a while and Kara excused themselves to show Jake her room.

Jake was nervous after what her father had said, and he mentioned it to Kara. She said "My father was serious about not wanting me hurt, but he was equally serious about being welcome in our home. If I told him you were staying over tonight they would be fine with that, because it's my life, and my decision. My parents are there for advice when I want it, but my life is my own. If I make mistakes I suffer the consequences. My folks are, um, progressive, I guess you'd say. Ever since I was 5 years old and wanted to do things my own way, they've let me. I survived growing up like that, doing ridiculous things and failing sometimes, so I know my limits and I know I can do what I want." He was surprised at this, it was a lot to think about. His childhood was quite a bit more ordinary by comparison.

Jake had never been in a teenage girl's room before but had assumed there would be lots of pink and frills and stuffed animals. Not here. It actually looked a lot like his own room. Lots of books, a telescope, rock collection, a poster with the periodic table on it, all typical nerd stuff. "Huh, this looks a lot like my room" he said. "I was sort of expecting teddy bears and pink curtains, you know, girly stuff."

"Thanks" she said "but I like science, not teddy bears".

Jake looked at her bookshelf and they spent the next hour just hanging out together, talking about their favourite books and authors. "I guess I should be going, it's getting late" he said. They went downstairs and Jake put on his coat. "Do you want a ride home?" Kara asked. "No, I'll be fine". They kissed goodbye and Jake left, with an admonition to call her when he got home.

Tuesday afternoon Jake went home with Kara to hang out after school. They talked a lot about different things, and kissed for a while until Jake had to go home for dinner. Wednesday afternoon they went to Jake's after school to hang out together. Thursday evening they spoke on the phone for an hour after dinner. They both thought this relationship thing was starting out really well. They held hands a lot, kissed and hugged, and really enjoyed each other's company. The physical part of their relationship was so unique and new to both of them that they wanted to do more of that.

Nerds Of a Feather Chapter 3 Second date

Oct 24 1980

Friday night they went to Mothers for pizza again. They sat in a booth in the corner and spent some time discussing the Halloween party coming up next Friday.

Then Kara surprised him by saying "What about physical intimacy? How far do we go? When should we schedule it, and where could we get some privacy for it?" Jake was dumbfounded. He knew that others at school were sexually active but had no idea how to approach the subject with a woman. And here was Kara being her usual analytical self, almost like she was ready to make an itemized list of intimacies. She really did have a different outlook on things, he thought.

"Wow" said Jake "um, well, I'm not sure how my parents would react. I'll speak to them and see what kind of limits they would put on our activities. How about your parents?" Jake assumed that they would be typical protective parents of a teenage daughter.

"Well, they've always supported me in any decision I make. This might be a bit different, but I'm sure we can work it out. So long as we're being safe about it, my parents shouldn't have any reason to object."

This astonished Jake, but he accepted what she said. "My mom already warned me about not going too far, too fast. So I don't think we should do too much yet." he said.

"Yes, agreed. I'm not suggesting that we jump into bed right away, I just want to make sure that we're careful about whatever we do, that we do it safely."

Jake thought for a minute, trying to find the right words. "Kara, if we're going to experience these things I want us to be safe and be able to enjoy it as much as possible. Sneaking around and trying to hide our activities isn't going to accomplish that. We have to be up front about it, and get our parents to accept it. That's part of our open & honest relationship, right? Other kids at school, they sneak around for sex, they do it in dumb or dangerous places. There isn't a lot of real intimacy in the back seat of a car." Jake was blushing hard by the time he finished speaking. Once again he felt like his words had got away from him and he had said too much.

"You're right, Jake. We need to talk to them. I think we have to each speak to our own parents first and then see where we go from there."

The conversation shifted back to plans for the Halloween party next Friday night. Jake was going to borrow his parents' car and pick up Kara at 8. Dancing was a big issue as neither of them had a clue about how to dance. They decided they would watch the other party-goers for a while and try not to care about looking ridiculous.

They finished eating and went to the Cineplex to see a show. Once again, they held hands and leaned against each other, just enjoying being close to someone. After the movie Kara drove Jake home. He invited her in for a while. They hung out for a bit, sitting on his bed, talking about books, authors, and general stuff about school. Kara was looking at Jake with an odd expression. He asked her if something was wrong, and she said "Don't you want to kiss me?"

"Uh, well, yes, but I didn't want to be pushy about it. I'm still not sure how much you would consider to be too much right now." Jake replied.

"Thank you for being so considerate Jake, but I'm here, with you, alone in your room, so I kind of assumed you'd at least want to kiss me. I'm surprised you didn't kiss me at my house when you were there the first time."

"Sorry. I should have asked." Jake reached out to her and they embraced and kissed. She reached up and touched his cheek as they kissed and Jake sort of hummed into her mouth. She pulled back and looked at him curiously. He said "That was nice, can you do that again?"

She smiled and they kissed again, and she stroked his cheek, and ran her fingers along his jaw and down the side of his neck. Jake reciprocated, touching her the same way. This time she pulled back suddenly, eyes wide open in shock. "Oh yes, that IS nice" and she moved back in for a repeat of that kiss. Jake then wrapped his arms around her tightly and kissed her hard, and she kissed back and hummed at him. "Mmmmmm". This time when they broke from their kiss she leaned her forehead against his and said "Wow, this is really nice. I like this. A lot. But I should be going soon."

They kissed for a while, and again at the door as she left. Jake was horny as hell again, and he had a difficult time hiding his erection as he saw her to the door. Oh how embarrassing! He hurried to his room, shut the door, dropped his pants and was cumming into a tissue within a minute.

After cleaning up and zipping up he went downstairs to talk to his mom.

"Can we talk, Mom?"

"What's up Jake?"

"It's about Kara. I know we haven't been together long, but I think we will be intimate eventually".

"Ahh, that's rather fast isn't it?"

"Well, it's not happening yet, but if it does happen we don't want to sneak around and hide it or deny what we're doing. I want this to be as nice and as safe as possible for her, for both of us. So I guess what I am asking for is that we can have, um, sleepovers, for want of a better word?"

"Well." his mom said. "That's a lot to process all at once." She sat there thinking for a bit, and finally she sighed and said "You're 18 now, you're both adults, and I guess we have to let go of you as our little boy and accept you as an adult. I suppose what I am saying is yes, when you are ready, you are safe here. But I still want to warn you to keep things slow at least for the time being. And be careful, use protection, I don't want to be a grandmother for a few years yet! I'll speak to your father as well, but I don't think he'll have any issues with this."

"Thanks mom, we'll take it slow, and we'll be careful" said Jake.

Kara got home and asked her parents if they had time to talk. "Jake and I are getting serious and -"

"After only a couple of weeks?" Her dad interrupted.

"Dad, please, let me finish. Jake and I discussed the possibility of being, um, intimate, with each other. This isn't happening right now, and it may not happen ever. But it might. You've always told me that you would support my decisions and this is one of those times. We want a safe place to be when we want to be together."

"John, you met Jake, and he's a nice young man. Would you go back on the standard we've set for our daughter? We shouldn't stand in her way on this, we need to support her decisions. Remember, we're here for advice, not rules, and we need to continue that."

Her dad sighed. "You're right. I'm sorry for being so... so backwards about this. I just feel very protective of you, now. Please just make sure you take proper precautions and, um, play safe, OK? If you have questions about sex or love or relationships, please ask. I would rather we gave you advice that leads to intimacy in a good way than refuse and drive you to making poor decisions."

"Thanks, Dad. This means so much to me. The fact that you trust me to make my own decisions is amazing." They said their good nights and she went off to bed.

Kara peeled off her blouse and unhooked her bra. Her breasts were small enough that she didn't need a bra for support but her nipples were fairly large and puffy so they would show through almost anything she wore unless she had a bra on. She rubbed and pulled her nipples, feeling all tingly and warm. She pushed down her slacks and panties and ran her fingers through her bush. Her fingers brushed her labia and began to slide up and down, rubbing her clit at the top of each stroke. She sat on the edge of her bed and worked her fingers faster until she came with a quiet gasp.

***

Oct 25 1980

Jake came over on Saturday morning and told Kara about his conversation with his mom. She told him about her talk as well. So they could stay over at each other's house if they wanted. But this was in the future. For now, just dating was still a big deal for them.

They discussed last night's date, and both admitted to masturbating afterwards. Kara was still so surprised that Jake found her that attractive. The idea that she could arouse a man was a completely alien concept to her. Jake said that being close to her was definitely arousing, and her kisses were 'stimulating'.

Conversation shifted to their plans for this week's school dance. They were both very nervous about dancing, and Jake was terrified of looking like an idiot in front of everyone. Kara said not to worry, she would be right there with him, looking like an idiot too.

"Is that supposed to reassure me?" he asked.

"Um, maybe? At least you won't be all alone." she replied.

Kara leaned forward and kissed Jake, and he responded by wrapping her in an embrace and kissing back. They spent some time making out, kissing and touching each other gently, and ended up just wrapped up in each other's arms. "This is nice," she said.

"Mmmm Hmmm" he replied, "but I guess I gotta go home soon."

***

Tues Oct 28

Jake walked Kara home after school, and they watched some TV for a while. They were happy to just sit next to each other holding hands, kissing once in a while. Kara's mom asked Jake if he wanted to stay for dinner, so he phoned home and told his parents he was staying for dinner. Her parents accepted him as if he were part of the family, they didn't seem worried at all that Kara had him up in her room or snuggling on the couch, ostensibly watching TV. From what he understood, most parents of teenage girls were highly protective of their daughters. Kara's family life was certainly different.

***

Wed Oct 29

Kara walked home with Jake, she was staying for dinner tonight. They spent an hour down in the rec room ignoring a TV show while they made out. They were both terminally horny by the time dinner was announced by Jake's dad hollering down the stairs. Jake's mom asked a ton of questions over dinner, trying to get to know Kara a bit. She was a little protective of her son, and she knew how shy and sensitive he was. But Kara seemed like a wonderful girl, despite being rather plain looking, she thought.

***

Nerds Of A Feather Chapter 4 Halloween Party, First dance

Oct 31st 1980

Friday night Jake put the finishing touches on his costume. He walked into the kitchen and asked his mom if she recognized him. She laughed and said "Einstein! And what is Kara going as?"

"She's going as Marie Curie" Jake replied.

"Famous scientists huh?"

"Easy costumes are the best ones! You can actually go to the bathroom wearing this, unlike the people dressed like dinosaurs or robots."

They arrived at the school and went into the gym. They picked up some soft drinks and sat down with some people they recognized. Once people started dancing they watched for a while to see how it was done.

"There doesn't seem to be any consistent way to dance" said Jake.

"No there doesn't. I guess we just go out and do whatever we can" replied Kara.

They waited until the dance floor was crowded, so they were less likely to stand out from the rest of the crowd. They were nervous and sweating as they stepped onto the dance floor, having finally worked up the nerve to do so. But no one seemed to notice that they were complete noobs. They tried to copy the moves of some of the people around them, and it seemed to work OK. After a couple of numbers a slow dance started. There was a sudden change in the crowd, with a lot of people moving on and off the floor. Kara and Jake stayed, they watched, and followed suit as the couples closed up and began dancing slowly, very close, swaying to the music.

They both thought that this was wonderful, being in each other's arms, moving with the music. "Oooh, this is nice, I like this" Kara said. Jake was more concerned about his raging erection and was blushing furiously, trying not to push it up against her. "I think you like this too" she said as she pressed herself against him.

"Oh Kara, please stop that or I'll cum in my pants" he whispered to her. She relented and they watched the others dance, and just tried to follow along.

There were a few songs that some couples danced in a more classic style, like 50's rock and roll, and a fast waltz. Some of the dancing couples were amazing, and people applauded when they finished. "Wow, I want to learn how to dance like that!" said Kara after seeing the others doing a fast ground-eating waltz.