All Comments on 'Never Enough'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 224 Comments (Page 2)
Frank66Frank667 months ago

Very good story, liked it a lot, BUT..... need to hear more from Annie. There's got to be more to her than 'I can do anything I want to and get away with it'. And Dana does cigars??

TexMan1970TexMan19707 months ago

Harsh beginning but I enjoyed the well written ending. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A great story. A different perspective on the cheating wives genre.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent variation of a well known theme. You create real characters and write excellent dialogue. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

"This will be huge for us. The name recognition alone will..." - I thought when she quit after the murder trial they were set for life, so why do they need something "huge" for them?

\

"I was struggling with the question of should I believe my wife or Dana's unnamed source, and it drove me nuts." - He'll know soon enough.

\

"There were a couple of texts from Dana Collins telling me that we needed to talk ASAP. I ignored those as well, of course." - Why? There might be some good info there.

\

"Thanks for coming on the show again." - Wasn't he asked to have her on the show?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Will all due respect to the other fine authors, that was best tale I have ever read here.

.

Particularly loved: "My phone rang again, and I turned it off. I knew I wouldn't get any peace otherwise. The media vultures were circling. Especially since I was one of their own. Fucking cannibals."

.

Five Stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Terrific story. Only thing it lacked was the consequences to the ex that kept it from a 5. I know you don't like the BTB but we need it to feel the justice for her selfish. behavior. Anyway thanks for the great read.

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

Lol hard to feel for someone that dumb he got rid of one just to fall for another. At least his type is consentient. Was a good read for this place.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very good and interesting. Despite the earlier comment about there being only a few dozen story lines, this was pretty unique. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent read! You didn't divert into Stupidville when you hit a flock of hyperbole and ingested both engines! You flirted closely with the runaway little b*tch boy so prevalent in LW stories, especially when it comes to phones/text/email. Normally, those character actions play more like lazy writing (it's easier to write a runaway, get drunk, act out, sulk, cry, and puke character than write character interaction and conflict scenes), but in your story, it was mitigated by the (1.) the upbeat flow of the story; and (2.) by the stark and clear cut nature of the violation. Kudos for avoiding those idiotic scenes where the wife and AP have these revelatory conversations, which is at the apex of lazy writing. VERY well done!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not often I read a story on here and cheer for the cheating wife. Gawd, what a sanctimonious little prick the hubby was. Really couldn't stand how he was portrayed sitting there puffing on his cigar and drinking other people's whisky as if the world gravitated around him. His sone was so conveniently forgotten by our hero so many times. Hope he gets cancer from the cigars and the whisky or at least someone shoves one of those cigars where the sun don't shine! Dreadful "hero!"

leofric35leofric357 months ago

Liked it. I think it’s perfect for a couple of more chapters and I would love to read them. Thanks for the work

l0ver0tical0ver0tica7 months ago

Liked it! 5 stars!

RR431RR4317 months ago

Love your stories. Thanks for writing them.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Too clerical no real emotion. Their son was a stage prop.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well, I do love a story with a different twist. I liked your 2 media characters. One with a radio show and the other print media. The men’s club was a nice twist also. Tough for writers to come up with new ideas so I give you a 5* for your story. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Handled the politics excellently.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well written.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sort of abrupt ending

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Once he filed for divorce the first time he had to know it was just a matter of time before he'd have to go through with it. The whore was a workaholic and a guiltless cheating liar. And he couldn't spot those character flaws before he married her? Well, he got what he married so he deserved what he got.

\

And he better be way more discerning and perceptive with celebrity wife Number 2. Celebrities love attention, and excitement, and the competition to be the best. Not much of that has anything to do with being a good wife and mother; most celebrities fail. But again, he'll deserve whatever he gets. Eyes wide shut.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Story flowed nicely but was devoid of emotions. Our intrepid hero husband/father/radio host/lover boy never broke a sweat over anything. The cheating wife did a little bit, but it didn’t really make the reader feel anything either anger, sympathy, sadness, etc. for her. 3*

nixroxnixrox7 months ago

4 stars - not quite enough about the SLUT and the ASSHOLE.

Every one of these burn the bitch stories needs some PAYBACK - one way or the other.

Every ASSHOLE out there should be really afraid to walk anywhere alone - day or night.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It felt like everyone was a reasonable person, with reasonable reactions! They weren't just caricatures... Even Alicia, her attitude and behaviours were not inconsistent with what we and the MC already knew.... He hopes she'd be better, but she couldn't move past her love for herself and her job.

Even the politicians were realistic! :P

GlancerGlancer7 months ago

Enjoyed your prose style and the yarn…

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice!!!

ImagineDinosaursImagineDinosaurs7 months ago

This story is the only story in today's "New" section that passed my readability standard. So, in Literotica context it deserves 5 stars.

Sometimes I review literary texts in detail, highlighting both their strengths and their weaknesses. There are many good points in this story, but there are many shortcomings too.

We, humans, like praise and dislike being criticized. So I refrain from writing the critique here. If the author of this story would like an in-depth critical review of this text, please message me directly.

ribnitinribnitin7 months ago

I was very disappointed with this story. Too many things did not add up for make sense. I'm just too better quality from you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story of love and happiness

BSreaderBSreader7 months ago
All

The characters were reprehensible her except the baby. Politicians and lawyers the same.

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Sorry to see you go. Tired of editing every ones stories just so I can listen to them like they should be written. "Just...like...that! Oh, God, yes!" This is what it sounds like. "Just dot dot dot like dot dot dot that! Oh God, yes!"

This is why I've suggested so many time to other authors to use 'Text Aloud' to write their stories, it was developed for Authors and retired Editors in Chief, like me. I'm 68 and have tired and wore out eyes so I listen to the stories with Jennifer's sexy voice. 3 stars, because it was well written, just tired of editing stories that should be edited already. Ever read a Novel by say, Patricia McKillip? How many dot dot dots did she use to write her Novel?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

One of the top 5 I've read here, made a lot of sense. I'm a political junkie so that made it even more enjoyable. Really liked how Dana took the lead also. It gets 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

standard LW ending, instantly a better, more faithful woman slips into his bed. Miracle happens. Yawn.

XluckyleeXluckylee7 months ago

I would love a part 2 . Very easy read . Thank you for sharing your story 5 stars from Xluckylee

FireFox59FireFox597 months ago

Enjoyed the story.

Ravey19Ravey197 months ago

Very enjoyable and a good story. Thought more would have been made of Alicia and Bridges and what happened to her after the divorce. IMO she threw away a good marriage and for a top lawyer in a moment of stupidity. Thought the end was a little rushed and mssed some details.

Still 5⛤

jazzharpjazzharp7 months ago

5. Glad you're a favorite. See your story two days after its posted, without having to sift through shit to discover it.

I agree with AngelRider somewhat about familiar path and forest. But your writing is far superior to most, and so the forest smells fresh with morning dew.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He should've bothered to check about Mikey's paternity

Shaglus_ZieglerShaglus_Ziegler7 months ago

Very well written!!

bruce1971bruce19717 months ago

REALLY loved this! In Loving Wives stories, the focus is almost always on the infidelity--hardly a surprise, given that this is Literotica! In reality, though, infidelity is usually evidence of a deeper rot in a relationship. This story does a great job of showing how cheating is a consequence, not something that just happens. You do a great job of exploring how a relationship fails.

/

Only criticism is that this all occurs SO quickly. The comment that her work is an addiction is right on, and you show that nicely. That said, I think this would have felt more realistic if it was a slightly slower creep. Given how realistic everything else was (kudos on that, by the way!), the fast dive into destruction of the relationship was a bit jarring. Overall, though, a well-earned 5*. Thanks for a GREAT story!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

That was great. I enjoyed it a lot. Only thing I ask for is what happened to the ex in your universe. How damaged was her career after getting caught screwing a womanizing political client on a national stage?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

RanDog "..." is called an ellipsis, it indicates a pause in the characters speaking.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Great story. Never trust a lawyer, this one was especially bad. He was right, it probably wasn’t her first time cheating.

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_U7 months ago

Great story. Definitely needs a part two that goes into the after math of the affair with Alicia and David, and how the new relationship with Dana as girlfriend/stepmom gets navigated.

Sumnut96Sumnut967 months ago

Loved it. Well written and paced. I like the reason he divorced her. If you choose job over family, you will lose every time. 5 stars DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Depending on where Alicia is licensed, fucking a client could be an ethical violation: “A lawyer shall not have sexual relations with a client unless a consensual sexual relationship existed between them when the client-lawyer relationship commenced.” ABA Model Rule 1.8(j).

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Realistic, thoughtful, well told story, aboiding so many of the usual tropes. Well done.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades7 months ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very enjoyable, sorry to agree a second part is needed. We all love seeing the MC getting to move forward, living his best life, but we equally want to see the cheater get theirs.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I loved it, and gave it 5 stars. It was well written and nicely paced. I even enjoyed some of the jokes that were in it (some true too). I have to agree with 26thNC about not trusting a lawyer and her in particular, since he had already started to divorce her once for her job first, family second attitude. He was probably right in that it probably wasn't her first time cheating on him.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The big money, power jobs , high travel jobs, and the journalists/political jobs have an abnormal amount of cheating going on . I’d never be able to be be married to any woman in those types of jobs . I trust but when the situation is every day where it’s in your face there is a chance you ma y have that bad day and make the mistake. The most trusted spouses have fallen at times. Being cheated on really sucks but being cheated on for the world to see in media is a million times worse.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler7 months ago

This was a rather normal story of the breakup of a marriage. No new or exciting twist to encourage more.

Thanks anyway.

RWessonRWesson7 months ago

Do remember, the Ex-wife is certainly getting disbarred. Having sex.with a client is a huge no-no, and while a high powered.firm can get her out of it if there isn't video evidence.....

tralan69ertralan69er7 months ago

@Russ43Chandler

This was a rather normal story of the breakup of a marriage. No new or exciting twist to encourage more. - You say that, yet offer nothing!

tralan69ertralan69er7 months ago

@sbrooks103x2 days ago

"This will be huge for us. The name recognition alone will..." - I thought when she quit after the murder trial they were set for life, so why do they need something "huge" for them? - Who said they needed it?

\

"I was struggling with the question of should I believe my wife or Dana's unnamed source, and it drove me nuts." - He'll know soon enough. - We sure didn't get it from you.

\

"There were a couple of texts from Dana Collins telling me that we needed to talk ASAP. I ignored those as well, of course." - Why? There might be some good info there. You mean like the "good" info you try so hard to give!

\

"Thanks for coming on the show again." - Wasn't he asked to have her on the show? - It doesn't matter who asked her, he was thanking HER for coming.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean7 months ago

the story is what the story is

more realistic than most secret jamse bond moments or madihari no weird bets but a strait up real story with slightly unreal charators but written so well the dialog flowed the cadence slighty diffrent for each player and thoug it could have had more detail honestly do know if it would have added to the quality of the read... thax for a good one

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I was hoping that Alicia did not cheat, at first I did not like Dana but all I can hope for it that you maybe have a 2nd part where Boyd & Dana would live happily ever after and they'd have a reasonable relationship with Alicia for sake of Mikey.

Still a good story.

CindyTVCindyTV7 months ago

Entertaining, Fun, with a great ending. 5 Stars!!!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster17 months ago

Great story... just the right amount of snark woven through a tale of a woman who was so self-absorbed and over-entitled that she didn't even see that she was putting her own WANTS above her family NEEDS.

The new relationship had been simmering on a very low fire until Alicia's lies were uncovered. At that point, the marriage ended and his new life began... Dana coming back to him after realizing what she was missing, and what she might gain was a nice finish, snark included.

All 5 stars for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

5 stars great story.

I couldn't stand a wife who loved her job/career more than me. I also dont want a wife who won't take my last name lol. That means she enjoys being around other ppl more than me, she loves the stimulus her job gives her more than me--a high I can obviously never give her. I want my wife to be the most important thing in my life by far, and I'd hope she felt the same about me.

Maybe Im a romantic but love should always come before everything.

I really hope Boyd and Dana make it. They deserve a happily ever after

RePhilRePhil7 months ago

Importantly I find it better to apply your seasoning rub to throw meat before the oil. The oil creates a barrier between the meat and the rub. Some like a little yellow mustard first then the rub. Not my taste though. 5* for the roast

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I’m looking around for the story in amongst the words…couldn’t find it…oh well.

DormayVooDormayVoo7 months ago

I like the final conference where hubby tells Alicia he wouldn’t be surprised if she’d cheated on him with past clients over the years. So we need a part two where we get the DNA results on little Mikey

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

MOST PEOPLE PUT THEIR PRIORIIES IN A BETTER ORDER, FAMILY FIRST, JOB SECOND. FOR THE FAMILY A JOB IS NECESSARY, MORTGAGE PAID, FOOD ON THE TABLE, ETC.. BUT A JOB SHOULD NEVER BECOME AN OBSESSION. COUPLED WITH NEGLECT OF FAMILY IT ENDS BADLY EVERY TIME.

pjpbpjpb7 months ago

3/5

Decent overall (not very original though - wife addicted to job and husband movingg on when wife refused to pay any attention to family). However:

1. Wife's affair with client was obsolete storywise and made no sense characterwise.

1a. Immersion in work after divorce initiated for the same reason previously would be sufficient to justify MC actions. Bringing it did not add anything to the story but actually depreciated it (see below)

1b. Wife seemed to care for her marrriage enough to slow down previously; just not enough to prioritize it when next big case came through. If career was very important and family mattered to her, afffair with client, with little benefits and major risks after a few days on case is impossible to explain

1c. Affair fallout to wife missing - which is hardly surprising considering 1b above. I would expect PR scandal and professional major impacts - immediate removal from the team, disbarment, long term career crippling.

2. 'With Dana, I think I found a woman that would care about her family first than her job.' context does not justify this sentence. Dana previously clearly indicated she was not interested in family because of job pressure, new job ALLOWED her more personal time; she did not claim she changed her job IN ORDER TO have more personal time. It would be enough to add 'After 6 months of dating including 5 months living together, ...' or add job change rationale

OOAAOOAA7 months ago

Good story!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not sure why her cheating was necessary. She already broke her promises multiple times. Marriage was dead anyways when she worked for the asshole. Also didn't impact MC getting custody. Moreover, why would she even do it? She didn't come off as that type of character. Also there would be major professional consequences if caught. Sure her love for the MC was not enough to stop adultery but how about a severe blow to her career. Yet nothing was discussed of the consequences. Seriously? Not thr author's finest work.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Alicia stupidly torpedoed her career. Maybe she felt sorry for herself because her marriage was clearing following apart, but the scandal is massive. Even if David Bridges takes the brunt, Alicia will never get high profile work in a firm again. Certainly nothing in thr political arena. She strangled her own career. Was the point of her adultery captured on video, to bust up David Brdges? It doesn't have any real bearing on thr MC and his son. Yes it kills all chances at reconciliation but for a woman who is in love with her career, never, ever mix business with adultery. Seriously.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf817 months ago

This is a very, very good read. 4.5/5

People nowadays doesn't seem to realise that careers of this world are simply not good for family. I know plenty of families where the parents work way too much!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I'm not Republican. Not even American.

You may not have put this David character in a political camp, but he's Republican for sure.

How do I know this?

It's not because he's a bad guy. I don't care what political party you're talking about, in whatever country. You get bad, bad guys on both sides, and good, even great people on both sides.

No... he really is a dead-set asshole, and you find them everywhere.

But he's Republican because of the way he was targeted, outed, and drawn-and-quartered as soon as he became popular and a political threat to the other side.

You could call me a cross-breed. I thoroughly believe in your right to build a business and be rewarded for your success, but I also thoroughly believe in social equity.

But that doesn't translate to allowing extreme corporate dominance, nor does it mean I'm a social justice warrior. Both extremes are nothing short of evil.

But I look at what's going on in the States, and I see Dem politicians and people connected to that side doing the worst crimes... and what happens to them?

Nothing. The DOJ and the FBI simply hide the fact they have evidence, or they just refuse to prosecute. Then the media do their damnedest to play it all down.

Bought and paid for, the lot of them.

But if you're Republican, sure as shit, your going to get bad press. And if you have skeletons in your closet, you are dead meat.

If his name had been David Biden, he wouldn't have seen a prosecutor, let alone the inside of a court.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ex-wife has a big problem with the bar association and it goes beyond her reputation. It is considered unethical and a conflict of interest for an attorney to have sex with a client and the punishment would disbarment. It wouldn’t be difficult for her to find a job, it would be impossible as she would no longer be a member of the bar.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

As she is very likely to be out of a job soon, either disbarred or universally shunned, she should have plenty of time for child care.

HighBrowHighBrow6 months ago

Ultra Femdom agitprop proves fatal to her family.

bigurnbigurn6 months ago

A good story, easily a solid 4 stars. This one was close to a 5 . No overt description of cheating or verbal hazing of the husband. That was refreshing to see. An open ended, budding , relationship was a good jumping off point. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Trading one self centered bitch for another. Not sure what's the point of the story

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

She made the big move by changing jobs

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well written and realistic story

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

My wife hated work. I think I would have been supportive of a career she was so passionate about. Only have one day a month? Spend it in a hotel, live on sex and room Service. The kid was a bad move. She must have hated maternity leave. I only would have ended it if she still did the other guy. But it wouldn’t have been too soon after our one day. She would be too tired and too sore.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story, Bh, thanks for sharing. I could empathize with Boyd when Dana started using her legs to flirt with him. I’m a hard core leg man myself and something like that would drive me crazy. Again, a very enjoyable story, Bh, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well done.

nixroxnixrox6 months ago

5 stars - I liked this story - well done.

Please write more.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

3. As the story searched for its conclusion and tripped over something

juanviejojuanviejo5 months ago

GOOD TALE.....CINCO ESTRELLAS!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story and well written but the theme is getting a bit boring. Are there any of this guys stories where the MC (usually hubby) isn't a 5* chef/Suzy homemaker, and a far better wife/mother than the so called wife?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The last thing this guy's MC's are is Cro-Magnon, if they were they'd probably be more interesting.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good but short; What became of wife, did the new girlfriend work out, and did baby grow up to be a country singer???

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Bh76 ! This is my first story I read from yah and … I LOVE it !

I liked the plot, the characters were great and I‘m all for more. Cheers, mon.

Captcha

SatyrDickSatyrDick4 months ago

[27.01.24]

Top Notch!

ANY story with a Led Zep mention is AUTOMATICALLY Awesome!

11/10 Stairways to Heaven!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A truly excellent piece of writing. I appreciate the fact that you didn’t get bogged down in the minutiae of emotional bullshit from his cheating wife. She made her lies and excuses but the real story was with Boyd, Mikey and those in his orbit. A 5️⃣💫 story without a doubt.

GG

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Bullseye 🎯

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I loved it. They seem like a couple made on the Stairway to Heaven.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

One of the best on LW. 3rd time for me, still love this one.

InfosaugerInfosauger4 months ago

Great story even on third read!

However, I would really know what happend to asshole and ex-wife.

dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

An excellent story, not to much with sex scenes, character development was good as was the writing. Anice revenge scene against his wife's paramour would have been nice but I don't know where it would have fit in. 5 star

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story. I like the light hearted way of your story telling

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent...

.... start that is. Without the sequel too many loose ends

MarkT63MarkT634 months ago

love sexy red heads...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thanks for a well-written and very enjoyable tale. Good work!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...