All Comments on 'Never Let Me Go'

by kinkybunny123

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
falstonefalstone4 months ago

Nice story, Sweet sentimental, and a touch of nostalgia.

LitCritLitCrit4 months ago

To quote Hamlet: "Stale, flat and unprofitable." You write as though you learned about the 50's by watching Donna Reed and Leave It To Beaver. You are needlessly repetitive - we got it that Kurt made 4 touchdowns in one game the second or third time you mentioned it. And even in the 50's Notre Dame was not so hungry for quarterbacks that they'd have taken someone with SAT or ACT scores as low as Kurt's had to have been. Also, a Valentine's story needs a lot more ROMANCE! In capital letters! Back to the drawing board, KinkyB.

MysticMysteryMysticMystery4 months ago

Nice story, I liked the time period. 5 stars

OvercriticalOvercritical4 months ago

Kids were as naïve as Mason in the early 50's and although it is a stretch to have him take in Ruby and help her through her pregnancy, there was a breed of working class men who did work their butts off to make a living and raise a family. It is likely that this author did not live those time, but I did (HS grad of 1955) and Notre Dame was the god-land of college football then and making 4 touchdowns in a single HS game was a real accomplishment. The people of the time included people like Mason's family and the women did take care of their own. A bit on the fantasy side, but not completely out of the question. Not a bad addition for Valentine's Day. 4*

kinkybunny123kinkybunny1234 months agoAuthor

so i'll be honest the only reason I went with four touchdowns in one game is that I've been watching "Married With Children". The highlight of Al Bundy's life is that he scored four touchdowns in one game. That's where I got 4 touchdowns in one game.

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeister4 months ago

Good story - the good guy and gal came out ahead. I would have like to see what happened to Kurt, and some follow up on Ruby and Mason, Daisy's adoption and maybe other children. 4*

chris73170chris731704 months ago
awesome

good story. Would love to know what happens to ruby and mason and if they give daisy any siblings. Would also like what happens to ruby's jerk ex boyfriend

olddave51olddave514 months ago

Because of the Korean War freshmen could play Varsity in 1950-51. after that it wasn't until 1972 when freshmen could again play Varsity.

Factoid: SAT started in 1926, ACT started in 1959. So Kurt could have only had the SAT.

Bob A. Williams 1950 and Ralph Guglielmi 1951-1954 were two All Americans who played at Notre Dame not much room for a bonehead like Kurt.

I refereed Football for years and there were a number of players that scored 3+ touchdowns many were flash in the pans.

I'd like to know what happened to the fallen hometown hero was he arrested, did he serve time or did he just slink out of town and become a shoe salesman?

More on Ruby's and Mason's marriage and Daisy's adoption. Even in the 1950s there were Happily Ever Afters.

The romance could have been a little hotter but that is my 'wants' You are the writer you can take it anywhere you want.

I did find it odd that they slept together for 3 .years and no vo-dee-o-dodo.

I liked when the good guy wins but he sure took his time! LOL!

4.8 stars

lAnatomistelAnatomiste4 months ago

This was an OK, story, but just that, OK. I disagree with LitCrit on some minor points - this wasn't even Donna Reed or My Three Sons 1950s, more like Archie comics - but the lack of actual romance is clear.

Oh, and just FYI: from 1950 through 1960, Kurt would have been competing against Bob Williams, Ralph Guglielmi, Paul Hornung, or Darryl Lamonica. He wouldn't have even made it to the scrubs, no matter "4 TDs against Central."

muskyboymuskyboy4 months ago

Where was the romance?

desperado1089desperado10894 months ago

I saw no issue with the repetitiveness of mentioning Kurt's four touchdowns, as these were all written when he was the focus, so it was sort of a glimpse into his twisted, obsessive mind. And I am loath to confuse "romance" with "smut" here. True romance, true devotion, is what Mason did throughout the entire story. He did not need to have sex with Lily or even touch her to show how much he cared for her. From what I humbly believe is a better point of view than that of the detractor six comments ago, the entire story is full of romance from start to finish.

Happy Valentine's Day, one and all.

Davester37Davester374 months ago

This was a fun story, and I enjoyed reading it. Your writing style is quirky and unusual, but I found that refreshing and entertaining. The story is fairly normal for this forum, but your style sets it apart!

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

kinkybunny123kinkybunny1234 months agoAuthor

again...I barely barely know anything about football, especially who was playing in the 1950s (I think Tom Brady is still playing in 2024 but idk) I'm watching Married With Children. Al Bundy constantly brags he scored 4 touchdowns in one game in high school...it sounds good. SO I went with it!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar4 months ago

A nice "Valentine" story. Thanks.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood4 months ago

A very nice story. Glad to conclude Kurt was not killed just knocked out. Perhaps a few too many exclamation points but that is me.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good storyline; too many exclamation marks (was distracting)

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Nice conclusion!

5

FraterXDFraterXD4 months ago

I don't remember where but I saw this writing style somewhere else. Maybe prose poem? Not sure.

I just guess what would it be like if this story be shortened more like poetry. But just a wild guess.

I enjoyed reading this great story. Not too hardcore but tense enough. If I have to criticize I’d like to point ‘too short sex scene’.

Thank you and take my 5*.

inka2222inka22224 months ago

She's just another user. She was the one enabling Kurt's cheating when she was dating him. She abused Mason's good will by mooching off him supporting Kurt's baby. 9 out of 10, she gets bored of Mason in a couple of years and cheats. He'd be lucky if she allows him a kid with his own genes.

kinkybunny123kinkybunny1234 months agoAuthor

You think Ruby is justt another user? She works in the telephone operator's office,SO she makes her own money!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I loved this story, it’s not just all sex like the average stories you find on this site. There’s actual plot and character development, and to the one who said too short a sex scene, it was sweet and short, it’s not gonna be ‘hardcore’ it’s a love story, plus his first time isn’t exactly gonna be that long. 10/10 must read again

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

A good period piece. The 50’s were before my time. I can understand the climate where pregnancy was the woman’s fault, and the local hero couldn’t be responsible. Other than a few people, the whole town enabled Kurt to skate through and evade responsibility. But 3 years later Kurt’s a wast of oxygen, everyone knows it, and Daisy clearly had to be Kurt’s. So what happened to Kurt after his brutal assault on Ruby? I’d like to think a lynching, or at least a trip to jail.

kinkybunny123kinkybunny1233 months agoAuthor

well, thank you WhoGivesAShit, I'd like to think that Kurt went to jail or got lynched BUT he's a white guy in a very small town in the 1950s. In the 1990s, in Nebraska, Lotter and Nissen killed a transgender person Brandon Teena and the cops SADLY more of less said the same thing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkinkybunny123@kinkybunny123
Just a woman who writes stories to add some excitement to their life. ( Practice any art, music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing, painting, sculpting, poetry, fiction, essays, reportage, no matter how well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to experience becoming, to...

SIMILAR Stories