Never Let Me Go

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All the baby stuff and an old Army cot for Mason to sleep on were purchased at Goodwill. Soon, both Mason and Ruby graduated from high school. They'd made it through their rough teen years and were now legally adults, even if they still felt like irresponsible teens. Ruby's pregnant belly continued to swell, and seven months later, on a Tuesday early in the morning. Ruby felt her water break.

Mason was snoring away in bed. "Mason...it's time." was all Ruby, gasping as the labour pains continued.

Mason raced to his parents' room."Mom! It's time. Ruby's hurting...she's bleeding LOTS. What's wrong? We need to go to the hospital! NOW!" His voice was urgent and panicky, as any new father's would be. He was running his hands through his hair. After all, what did he know about babies? All he knew was Ruby was in pain

Louise was up in a flash, She shook the sleeping Linus awake.

"We need to get to the hospital. Ruby is having her baby. It's time to go! For once in your life, stop being a lazy bum...be a gentleman and start the car!" she yelled at Linus.

Linus also snapped awake. Ruby had to go to the hospital---her baby was coming! He went to the driveway and started the old Pontiac. Linus drove as fast as he could to Antelope Hill General Hospital. Louise was taking curlers out of her hair as her husband drove, and Mason was in the backseat clutching Ruby--yelling at his Dad to go faster. The baby was coming and they had to get to the hospital!

Soon, Ruby was in the hospital having her baby. Now it was up to Ruby, the doctors and nurses! Linus chain-smoked in the visitor's room. Louise drank cup after cup of black coffee and Mason paced--worried about them both. After sixteen painful hours for Ruby and nail-biting worrying for the Flaith family, Ruby gave birth to a little girl. Ruby named her Daisy.

Despite hearing about Ruby's baby through Antelope Hill's salacious gossip tree, Kurt didn't send flowers. He didn't even call to congratulate Ruby on their baby. The Flaith family ushered little Daisy home, where she was safe and warm, looked after and loved by everyone.

-------------

Kurt had made his way on the Greyhound bus to South Bend, Indiana, to go to Notre Dame. Kurt went to Notre Dame, but there had been benefits to being a "big fish in a small pond."

At Antelope Hill High School, Kurt had been king, and teachers had inflated his grades. All the girls fawned over him. They were moonstruck! He'd been SO handsome. He'd been SO special. Kurt received no such treatment at Notre Dame. At Notre Dame, on a good day, Kurt was average at football. There were more handsome men. Kurt was no Knut Rockne; he was no star player. He was replaceable. Teachers didn't inflate his grades. Always a poor student, Kurt soon flunked out of Notre Dame. Kurt, now an adult, was adrift in an unwelcoming world and far from home.

---------------------

Life had gone on for Ruby and Mason. Ruby had continued working at the telephone switchboard. It was noisy, but some woman was always available to watch the constantly growing Daisy on her coffee break. Baby Daisy was especially adored by her "grandmother," Louise and "grandpa" Linus. Mason had kept his job at The Malt Shop. The small family got by.

Now that he had graduated from high school, Mason had applied to a technical school to become a TV repairman. Mason knew everyone loved seeing movies at Antelope Hill's Majestic Movie Theatre. He figured people would like this experience in their own homes by owning a TV. Mason had always been good with his hands, so it seemed like a good fit for him.

Mason took the TV repairman course and soon graduated. Mason was super successful! He repaired TVs all around the Antelope Hill area; as Mason had predicted, lots of people were getting TVs.

Mason and Ruby's combined salaries let them find their own apartment! It wasn't much, and still "on the wrong side of town" with no apple pie and white fences, but it was still a home of their own. They worked while Louise and Linus watched the ever-growing Daisy. Linus and Louise considered Daisy their "granddaughter" even though they weren't related by blood---or marriage.

Mason and Ruby had lived together for about three years now. Roommates, friends, chaste compatriots---they had no labels. They were never physical. But Mason loved Ruby more than anything. He respected her as the woman she had become, not the "hot high school cheerleader" she'd been. However, Ruby was still lovely. She emanated an air of class like Audrey Hepburn and emanated motherliness like Doris Day.

Mason loved her baby, Daisy. He considered Daisy to be his daughter. Sure, sometimes, Daisy drove him crazy with her constant screaming and all the "hardships" a toddler goes through. But Daisy was his daughter, even if they weren't related by blood.

Mason worked hard daily and provided. Mason adored Ruby. He wanted her. He loved her. Ruby and Daisy were Mason's family. They were his world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the past three years, life had not been going well for Kurt in Indiana. He drifted from one miserable low-paying job to another. On top of that, no one cared that he'd gone to Notre Dame for a semester or scored four touchdowns in one football game! How could no employer care about the apex of his life? Discouraged, Kurt decided to return home to Antelope Hill. He was still respected there! (Except by his parents, they thought he needed to "buck up" and get on with his life.)

Kurt took the Greyhound bus back to Antelope Hill. He went to see his old coach up at Antelope Hill High School. Everyone still remembered Kurt. He was a legend, after all. Kurt came to the school with an air of superiority to apply for a job.

Despite how his parents treated him, Kurt still had hope for his former high school. He was a star! The high school staff told Kurt no. He had no teaching degree. It didn't matter that he'd scored four touchdowns in one football game. He needed a teaching degree. Kurt was irate and slammed his fist into a window, breaking it. He shared a few choice words with the principal before leaving. On his way out, he punched the secretary, breaking her nose, simply because he'd been denied his dream. Kurt still believed he was a king among men!

Kurt had been binge-drinking cheap whiskey and milling around Antelope Hill for the past three days. He'd been crashing with football buddies, reliving their "glory days'.

That's when he saw Ruby at the park with little Daisy. It was painfully obvious that Daisy was his daughter. She had his red hair. The cheap whiskey was hot in his blood. It was true that he'd cheated on Ruby with other cheerleaders. But Ruby was still "the best" he'd ever had. Kurt was irate that Ruby was so happy! How dare she be so happy while he was an outcast.

Kurt approached Ruby and Daisy in the small park.

"Hi, Ruby, sweetie pie," he said. "It's me, Kurt. I've been away a few years, BUT I was hoping we could get back together. I'm doing well for myself now. I came back here for a job! Startin' again!" He gave Ruby a small smile. "We can get together...if you know what I mean. We could even get together right now. Nobody's around! It would be fun!" Kurt gave Ruby a small wink.

Ruby looked at him with utter revulsion. It was obvious that he was drunk. She politely returned his smile. There was no doubt in Ruby's mind what Kurt wanted. Yet, she wondered how she could have been so naive to love this man. Now, she was disgusted by him.

Why had she worshiped the ground he walked on? Sure, he was still hot! More handsome than Mason. (It wasn't harder to be more handsome than Mason.) Still, Kurt was so...immature. Over the past three years, Mason had stepped up and assumed responsibility for a child that wasn't his. Ruby had grown to love Mason because he was a mature man who didn't run from the harsh realities of life.

But Kurt was here now. He wanted to fuck her ten feet away from her small child out in the open and in a public park! Ruby wasn't that kind of woman.

"I'm busy! Things to do. Maybe some other time." Ruby told Kurt very sternly. Her tone made it clear that Kurt wasn't going to get anything.

"Come on, baby. Let's go home!" Ruby said to Daisy as she gently picked up Daisy and gathered up the diaper bag. Mother and daughter left the park and returned home to their minuscule apartment.

"Fine, Be that way, BITCH!" Kurt yelled at Ruby. How dare Ruby and HIS daughter be so happy! How dare they have an apartment and be doing fairly well in life. He'd scored those touchdowns! He deserved accolades! Kurt was beyond angry. He followed Ruby and Daisy home.

Kurt watched as they were greeted by Mason.

Mason kissed Daisy on the forehead. "It's getting late. Let's get you up to bed, honey."

"K..Daddy." said Daisy, as the little girl yawned and snuggled into Mason's loving embrace. Mason carried her upstairs and put her to bed. Kurt was fuming as he watched them. This was supposed to be HIS happy ending! He'd worked hard at football. He wanted white picket fences and apple pie. Who was Mason to deserve this?

Kurt, disillusioned and tired of his failures in Indiana, had decided to remain in Antelope Hill for the time being. A former half-back, Fred, was kind enough to let Kurt crash on the back porch while Kurt 'figured things out". It made his wife irate. She thought Kurt was a bum. Now, her husband was missing work to hang out with Kurt. They were always goofing off and drinking cheap whiskey. Doris knew that was no way to lead life! Fred finally got the hint from Doris's grumbling, and Fred told Kurt he needed to leave.

But, through the "good buddies" and "boys will be boys" system. Kurt was able to find a job as a stockboy and janitor at the local Shop N Save. He loathed it. Kurt knew the job was below him. He'd scored four touchdowns in one game! He'd gone to Notre Dame. He deserved better! That should be apparent to everyone. Everyone in Podunk Antelope Hill should still treat him like a king.

Kurt pilfered liquor from the Shop N Save, drank on the job and spent his free time drinking and following Ruby and Daisy around town. Ruby mostly ignored it. After all, Kurt was the father of her child. He loved them? A country girl, Ruby was young and trusting. She was still naive in her belief that everyone could be good. Kurt loved them? The drunken, bitterhearted and envious Kurt followed them, and Ruby didn't give it a second thought.

Kurt's ideas were much darker. He had gone to Notre Dame. He had played in a few football games. There were no men like him in Antelope Hill, so Ruby should only want to be with HIM! But, he was stupefied that as the days passed, Ruby hadn't come to him. Surely, it couldn't be that hard to sneak out of the shitty little apartment and come to his arms! He could show her a night like she'd never had before!

Ruby was always working or taking care of the baby or hanging out with that dweeb Mason. Kurt knew Mason was a loser. He worked at his TV repairing business all the time. He'd never been out of Wyoming. He'd never gone to Notre Dame. He'd never been on any sports team! Mason wasn't a real man.

Maybe Ruby didn't remember how good their time together had been. Kurt had alot of "experience," but Ruby was still the best he ever had. If she didn't remember, he'd have to remind her how good their time together had been. If Ruby didn't remember, he'd have to take action and remind her, even if it was by force!

It had been another day of drinking for Kurt. He'd sweep and mop at the Shop N Save later. His boss would be cool if it didn't get done. After all, Kurt couldn't be expected to clean---he was a man and cleaning was women's work!

The sun was setting as Kurt watched Ruby and Daisy at the park as usual. They were happy, mother and daughter together. Kurt just couldn't take it anymore. He needed action! He was a man! Men had needs women couldn't understand! Kurt would have paid; he'd found plenty of women like that in Indiana, but he couldn't find any women like that in Antelope Hill.

For once in his life, Kurt had prepared for something. He had duct tape and rope, so Ruby couldn't run. Kurt was determined in his objective. He remembered from their time together that Ruby could be---fierce. She was a fighter, which was alright; Kurt sometimes liked that in a woman. But he wanted to remind Ruby how good it was, even if it took several days. That's what the duct tape and rope were for. Kurt would just remind her, then they could be together.

Ruby and Daisy finished their time at the park. Kurt took his chance. Smashing Ruby into the dirt, Kurt blitzed her from behind. Ruby was encumbered by the diaper bag and holding little Daisy's hand. The last thing Ruby remembered before she blacked out was tasting blood and thinking of her Daisy. Would she be okay?

Kurt had done a poor job of knocking Ruby out. Still, he had bound her hands and feet with duct tape and rope. Tears stung in her eyes as Ruby groggily came to. Her head pounded as her blood rushed to it, the sound reverberating in her ears. She whimpered a tiny, animalistic sound of agony, muffled by the duct tape plastered across her mouth. She was hog-tied, barely able to move; escape was not an option!

Oh God, oh God, oh GOD! What had Kurt done to her? What would he continue to do to her? She wasn't that worried about herself. She was a woman, after all. But where was Daisy? Where was Daisy? Where was her Daisy? He wouldn't do anything to Daisy, would he? She was so little, only a baby! Daisy was Kurt's daughter.

Ruby could hear Daisy's hysterical sobs but couldn't see her. Ruby's face was caked with grime. Her eyes were swelling up, and she could feel Kurt and his hardness behind her. Ruby didn't want this! This was unendurable!

She thought of all the stories she read in the paper of women in bigger cities. Women who had been brutalized. She felt Kurt lifting her up. He was taking her somewhere---probably the river! In her foggy thoughts, it made sense. You don't just brutalize a woman, even if you supposedly love her, and then leave her where she can get help, identify you, and then accuse you later.

No, when you do unspeakable things like rape and torture a young mother, you hide all evidence of indiscretion somewhere; no one will ever find it---even Kurt was smart enough to know that. Ruby twisted in her binds and looked around desperately, thirsting to see something, anything that would tell her what was going to happen, where she was. How could she get away from Kurt? She needed to get to Daisy! What could she do for Daisy? She was so little! Only a baby!

Kurt's breath reeked of sour whiskey, and Ruby didn't dare imagine what he would continue to do. But, bound, Ruby was powerless now. Daisy cried hysterically somewhere, but try as she might, Ruby couldn't see her.

What would become of Daisy? What would become of her daughter? Daisy had no legal family! Daisy had no legitimate father. What if she went to an orphanage? Tears poured down Ruby's eyes. How had things come to this? What had she done wrong? She just wanted to lead a simple but happy life!

Around the corner, Mason was making his way home from work repairing TVs when he heard an ear-piercing scream and hysterical crying. It sounded like Daisy! It sounded like Daisy! He had his work things to put away, but best check it out---it would only take a minute. Mason had a kind heart and he believed nothing bad happened in Antelope Hill.

What Mason saw appalled him and shook him to his very core. His blood ran cold. Ruby was hogtied with duct tape and out cold. Kurt was lifting up her skirt. It was obvious what his malevolent intentions were.

True, Mason wasn't as ripped as Kurt. Kurt was 6'8 feet or 2.1 meters. He was ripped and built like a brick house. Mason was a squirt, a nobody, and on a normal day, would lose in a fight and he would be pounded deep into the ground,

BUT this was no normal day. Ruby was bound and unconscious in the mud. Daisy, Mason's daughter, was crying! The little girl was hysterical, and there was no doubt in Mason's mind that Kurt was about to assault Ruby. It didn't matter that she was unconscious. Things like that didn't matter to a sociopath like Kurt.

"Leave her alone!" Mason yelled at Kurt as he angrily strode across the street; he didn't notice the hammer in his hand.

'Whatcha gonna do---you pussy? You shrimp!" yelled Kurt as he continued lifting Ruby's skirt, malice in his heart. "It's been three years...have you fucked her yet? Lying there night after night...no fucking. Pussy! Get some pootang! You need it, man!" said Kurt, cackling.

Daisy cried some more, and Ruby groaned from the mud. In a second, Mason realized that this was all true. After three years of taking care of Ruby and Daisy, surely he deserved a reward? He was a hardworking man, after all. This all went through Mason's mind in a flash. He wouldn't deny it was partially true. Mason did feel like Ruby "owed" him.

Then Mason had a brilliant flash of self-realization and clarity. Kurt had scored four touchdowns in one high school football game. No matter what happened, that would be the apex of his life. Mason had a chance to do so much more. What had happened in high school didn't matter! Mason could be a real man!

"Leave her alone!" Mason warned again. Anyone who knew Mason would have taken caution from the steel in his voice.

"Unless you want to share, fuck off!" yelled Kurt again. He shoved little Daisy, who was hysterically making her way to her unconscious mother. Daisy fell in the mud. She started crying again.

After that, Mason just saw red. How dare this man make his daughter and girlfriend cry? Later, when questioned by the cops, Mason could exactly remember how things happened. He only remembered striking Kurt with the hammer from his TV repair kit. Kurt fell forward into the mud.

Ruby tumbled forward as well, Daisy ran to her. The three were together.

"Oh my GOD, Mason. Oh my god! I'm so glad you're here. I love you I feel so safe with you. Never let me go. Never let me go!" Ruby cried hysterically in Mason's strong embrace.

"I won't, Ruby. I won't." Mason pulled her close and kissed her. It was their first kiss.

The bus pulled up. 'What's going on here? Looks like trouble." said Douglas. He laughed a little---there was never any real trouble in Antelope Hill. This was clearly some family dispute he could gossip about on his bus route tomorrow.

"You're taking us to the hospital now. Forget the other stops! Hospital." stated Mason. Douglas started to protest. This was his job, and other riders awaited, BUT the look Mason was giving him and the tone of Mason's voice caused Douglas to go straight to the hospital.

Mason lifted Ruby and the sniffling Daisy into the bus.

Kurt was left unconscious in the mud. Unlike Ruby, who had a family, he had no one to care of worry about him.

On the way to the hospital, safe in her mother's arms, Daisy calmed down. She was just badly frightened, cold and muddy. She soon drifted off to sleep after some warm milk. Antelope Hill's ER treated Ruby for a concussion, a sprained wrist and a twisted ankle. She was dismissed the next day.

Still, Mason fussed like a mother hen. Mason insisted on carrying her upstairs to their apartment. Linus and Louise were there to greet them with chicken soup (The cure for all medical conditions!) That night, they were tight, they were a clan, they were family, and they were together! Ultimately, that was all that mattered.

That night, Mason and Ruby snuggled deeply into bed together. Ruby was still hysterical over what might have been; a woman doesn't get over an assault in a single day. She sobbed in his warm and welcoming arms.

"Oh, Mason, when Kurt was there...with me. All I could think about was you. How much I love you and want us to be together. I never want to spend another day without you! I love you! Will you marry me, Mason?" questioned Ruby.