New Rider 1

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As I approached the fire, one of the soldiers handed me a platter with grilled venison strips on it - and half of an apple. The plate was one of mine. I was pleased that they'd availed themselves of its use without having to ask.

I had already told them that I'd eaten. Either they hadn't understood that I'd taken more than one deer - or they wanted me to eat with them. Sharing food together builds trust. I was okay with sharing a meal with them. It would, undoubtedly, be the first of many.

"I'm Striker," I told them between bites.

"Arden," the captain said. Pointing to the two troopers, he said, "Belim, Jergo".

Jergo was the younger one. I nodded my thanks to the captain and then acknowledged the youths.

The girls finally made their appearance and accepted their plates. Arden handed the princess a canteen and I realized Tala didn't have a drink. I made to go find one for her but Eryngium waved me back to my seat, assuring me that the orc could share with her.

I started to ask if she was sure and then realized her response was probably going to circle back to the fact that both of them had just had their mouths on multiple parts of my body - sharing without restraint. I kept quiet. The princess noticed - and giggled. I attempted to shush her with a crooked eyebrow. She pretended not to understand what I was trying to tell her. I gave up.

She was feistier than Ashlyn. Ash was such a tender-heart - my love - my sweet. Eryngium was sweet as well. I absolutely adored how she had adopted the orc-girl so easily. Elves weren't known to put up with orcs. I'd expected a lot more resistance when I brought the girl into the cave. The males still looked a little uncomfortable but they were also acclimating to a lot more than just the orc. I had revealed my true form to them.

"Princess?" I asked.

"Please call ..." she began.

"May I shorten your name to Eryn?"

She smiled and said, "I would like that, my lord."

I tried to wave the title away but she shook her head.

"'Lord' or 'Husband' - at least in front of others," she replied. "We can decide, later, on what I should call you in the bedroom."

"Poleaxe," Tala choked out between bites of the food.

The princess promptly fell into a fit of giggles that threatened to topple her from her seat.

The males around the fire found other things to focus on while they waited for Eryn to recover herself.

"Are you a mage?" I asked Eryn.

She nodded and said, "Lightning."

I smiled broadly and said, "Perfect."

"She is, isn't she?" Tala said, eyeballing my prospective mate.

"Any notable talents, orc?" I asked her.

Tala quirked an eyebrow at me and paused - which caused Eryn's giggles to return - probably imagining my poleax shoved down the poor girl's throat.

"None that I know of, mighty lord," she said, finally.

I nodded.

If Eryn was serious about keeping Tala around, I'd need to get Tala trained to be her protector for when I wasn't able to be. Most orcs weren't much more than club-swingers but this one was bright - and I wondered if she just hadn't found her spark yet.

Realizing that it was moving towards bedtime, I scraped my plate into the fire and collected the wash-basin to go get some water and soap to tend to the dishes.

There was a proper kitchen in the part of the cave that I had fashioned into my domicile. I planned to have the girls sleep in the guest rooms but I intended to leave the men at the campfire. Regardless, the dishes needed to be done.

I filled the basin, grabbed a rag and a bar of soap, and took it back out to the workstation that served as the kitchen for the wilder part of the cavern. The captain had one of the soldiers waiting to manage the task so I dropped that stuff off and hustled back into my storeroom to track down some bedrolls for them to sleep on. While the men still had their canteens, it looked like they had lost most of the rest of their gear in their flight from the orc war-party. Finally finding what I knew was in there somewhere, I carried the sleeping-kits out and handed them over to the captain.

"They're time-worn," I cautioned him.

"My thanks," he replied. "Obviously, ours were lost. I appreciate your hospitality - and the food - not to mention the healing - or the fact that you've saved our necks."

The tone of his voice suggested that he didn't know what condition that part of his body would be in, once we'd returned the princess. I looked at him until he faced me.

"You are under my protection until I rescind it," I told him.

"My king may see differently," he replied.

"Then I shall buy you away from his employ," I said.

He laughed bitterly but just said, "We shall see."

"Regardless of how Eryn's father feels about it," I told him. "Your actions have delivered to me, one that I intend to make my bond-mate. I will adamantly assure the king that I will easily outlive him and most of his line - and - as forcefully as may be required - impress upon him that it would be in his best interest to accommodate my wishes."

"Yes, my lord," the captain said, lowering his eyes.

"You protected the princess even while your life drained away," I told him, bringing his eyes back to my own - which I knew where lit by thunder-storms. "Promise me that you will continue to do so - and I will gladly keep you here until Time claims you from me."

"She is a harsh mistress," he said wearily. I knew he wasn't talking about the princess.

"Had she a body that I could touch, I would rend her limb from limb. She has stolen from me - and should she ever show me her face - I will tear it from her body as painfully as I can."

He nodded.

It was obvious that he'd lost someone he cared about as well. I abandoned my vehement words for the winds of that cruel mistress to trample into dust - the heartless bitch.

"The girls will sleep in the guest rooms tonight," I informed him. "I will find bedrolls for them before we head to see her father. You will not need to keep watch in this cavern. My wards will tell me if anyone enters. I'll handle any visitors."

He nodded his thanks, once again, and stood to hand the bedrolls to his men.

I stepped up next to the princess.

"When you tire of the campfire, come to the door. I'll go get your rooms ready."

"Can we sleep in your room, my lord?" she asked, with a teasing smile on her lips.

"You have already tempted me more than was wise. If you two wish to share a room, I'll just make up the one. If you press me to join you, I will sleep out here with the men. You are a vile temptress - please be kind to me. Already, every sense I have follows you as you move and breathe. By the time we get to your father, he'll either receive every coin I own - or my talons across his throat."

"What do you think, Tala?" she asked the orc.

"He's definitely not an orc," she replied, laughing. "They only know three words - fight, food, and fuck."

Turning to me, the princess said, "Tala and I would be delighted to share one of your guest rooms, my lord."

I nodded and headed to get their room ready. I dimmed the lights in the common area, cleaned the dust from the guest room, and made sure there were more than enough pillows to accommodate a princess and her attendant.

Finished with that task, I ducked back into the storeroom to see about more bedrolls for the trip. I found two for the girls - along with a canteen for Tala. I grabbed some travel packs for everyone in the group - along with a few other things we might need for the journey - including a basic cooking set. I carried everything out and set it by the front door to my living space so that it would be easy to grab in the morning.

If it was just Eryn and Tala, I'd probably just change forms and fly them home. I could doubtless carry five people easily enough but there were only so many spots where a person could sit between my wings. Other riding positions were more precarious. I'd hate to lose a passenger along the way ... Walking would take longer - but it was a lot safer - at least for them.

As I lay down to sleep, I could hear the girls giggling through the closed door. I had just contemplated getting up to go growl at them when I fell into unconsciousness.

~~~

I rose before the dawn, headed out to hunt (and confirm that the orcs were, indeed, gone), and returned with breakfast as the others were waking. I handed the young boar and the eggs over to the captain - along with some wild onions and garlic.

"How many days should the girls pack for?" I asked him, "and ... are you up for the walk or do we need a wagon?"

"I'm good," he said. "Eight - maybe nine - days' walk."

I nodded to him and went to take two shoulder-packs to the girls.

I stuck my head into their room to find the princess running her fingertips over the orc's stiff nipples.

"Starlight!" I gasped. "I swear you're risking rape. You've got to stop that shit!"

"You should knock," the princess accused, giggling at the torment she was causing me.

I growled, tossed the bags within, and turned to leave, hollering back at the two of them that they should pack for eight days of travel on foot.

Although I didn't really need it, I stopped in the storeroom and grabbed a backpack for myself. I reasoned that I'd need at least one decent set of clothes to appear before Eryn's father.

~~~ Day 1 ~~~

We set out as soon as the girls were ready. Once everyone was out of the cave, I raised a stone wall to block the entrance off to keep out overly-curious visitors - or wildlife looking for a new residence. I had locked the doors to my home but I also didn't want to return to the cave to have to evict a bunch of squatters.

We walked down the mountain until we reached the packed-dirt road. We turned to the right and headed towards the wood elf king's domain. I still had to laugh at the idea that Eryn thought this area was under her dad's control. This area of the region was nearly lawless.

I set our pace at what seemed the easiest on Eryngium. Arden noticed and nodded to me. I didn't say anything to the others.

We stopped at midday and ate some of the venison strips that the captain had brought along. I had Eryngium demonstrate her magery by throwing lightning bolts at me. She resisted at first but I told her that I needed an accurate measure of her abilities. I caught her blasts easily. She was young and her skills would obviously improve over time, on their own. I expected them to improve more quickly and more powerfully, however, because of our bond.

Towards evening, I jogged ahead of our walking group, took down a boar, and set up camp at the back of a meadow that bordered the road. I mentally called out to the princess when they got to me and directed them to where I'd made camp.

I called forth water for their canteens and then set wards around the site as they ate. Once the meal was done, I drowned the fire and they went into their bedrolls. I leaned against an aged oak and nodded off. I got up twice - when predators came inside of the wards - and chased them away.

~~~ Day 2 ~~~

In the morning, we set out early, chewing on some of the pork that I had dried into crude pemmican strips. Most of my pack now held trail food. I added berries and grains I collected along the way.

The first couple times I darted off to the tree-line to collect these items, Belim or Jergo remarked about how they couldn't believe I had seen the bushes. Soon, they tired of hearing no response from me about why I could see the things they didn't.

The truth of the matter was that my eyesight was better. Secondly, they were busy worrying about where their feet were landing. I was looking for food, danger, and the changes that had taken place since the last time I'd passed this way. Honestly, I couldn't remember the last time I'd walked these roads.

As we traveled, I made a point of pulling the girls and the captain aside and informing them that I would not be taking my dragon-form unless it was required. I had decided that it would be best if the king were not aware of those capabilities when it came time for us to meet. The captain nodded his agreement and I expressed this to the girls. We made no further mention of it to the soldiers and I hoped that they would forget it after a few days of worrying about blisters on their feet.

At midday, we passed through a small town. Once we got to the other side, we took a break. We ate more berries, dried meat, and cool water from the stream that gurgled nearby. Then we set off again.

When the sun reached for the horizon, I jogged ahead, caught a deer, and set up our camp. When Eryn saw the deer skin staked out to dry she remembered to ask about the boar-hide. I told her that I had stored it away. I showed her the simple-looking band on my ring-finger and she acted like she had never seen it before.

She likely hadn't. I usually masked it from people's eyes with a small illusion that made it blend with the pigment of my skin. I didn't mind her knowing I had a storage-item but they were fairly rare and it was more than most people needed to know about me. Tala leaned over her shoulder and cooed at the revelation and I grinned at her evilly and told her to keep her nasty green mitts off of my stuff. She groped my cock and nipped at my jaw - which set the elf to giggling. They each squeaked as I claimed a fist full of their rounded ass-flesh and then they ducked away as I chased them to hunt for kisses.

Once the fire was out, they tried to get me to lie between their bedrolls but I left the two of them to snuggle together and took up my watch-post. The captain tried to take a watch but I assured him that I was getting more sleep than I needed.

Tala went for an early-morning pee and thought she'd sneak up on me. The illusion-copy of me dispelled when she tried to poke it. I wrapped my palm over her mouth as she made to scream. I carried her away from the others, and informed her that she was a naughty little minx. I used my lips to quiet her until she gave up and started moaning into my mouth.

I tried to send her back to bed but she insisted that she was too worked up to sleep anymore. I gave her one more kiss and she helped me start a fire and brew some tea. The mists had settled in during the night and a warm drink would help us through the morning chill until the sun rose to dispel it.

The others awoke and we gave them tin mugs of tea to get them moving. As soon as we were packed up, I drowned the fire and buried it.

~~~ Day 3 ~~~

Around midday, we came to an intersection in the middle of a nameless town - with roads leading to the north and the south. Captain Arden turned us south. We crossed the river, just outside of town, and walked for an hour before we took the next road to the east.

At this turn, we were joined by a trader's wagon that had been coming from the road from the south. I greeted the merchant - who was traveling alone.

He had a functional-looking crossbow but it was just him and the mule. As I walked beside him, I asked if he'd be willing to let the girls ride with him. In exchange, I offered our protection for the miles ahead. His eyes paused briefly on the orc-girl but it was obvious that she and the young elf were friends - so he soon agreed.

At first, the two rode on the back of the wagon. The rest of us chatted with them as we followed behind the cart. Before long, however, Eryn and Tala had been invited to join the man on the seat and the two of them were entertaining him with their juvenile antics.

Jergo and I walked on the trader's left and Arden and Belim walked on his right. I noticed that, before long at all, he had stored the crossbow away and had completely relaxed.

A couple hours later, I spotted riders coming and jogged ahead. They passed without incident and I returned to walk with Jergo once more. The trader, Nechso, nodded to me. I returned his acknowledgement.

As the sun dropped, I told him how we usually chose our campsites. His wagon was nearly empty, since he was returning home, so he was inclined to camp with us. I jogged ahead and found us some meat and got the arrangements made.

He hobbled the mule and let it graze. We shared our meat with him, and he added some hard tack that he had in a satchel. We shared stories until everyone was ready for bed. He set his bedroll in the wagon and fastened a tarp over himself to keep the mists away. He offered for Eryn to share his space but she explained that she wouldn't unless Tala could join them and the orc was too large for all three of them to fit. He nodded and bid the two of them good-night.

Tala joined me for cuddles and quiet conversation after her early-morning pee-break again and we let the others sleep until it was time to brew more tea. We'd move out of the lowlands soon and, hopefully, the mists wouldn't be so thick.

The others woke to the smell of the fire and rolled up their beds, coming to collect their breakfast aid and some dried meat and berries. Nechso smiled as he joined the queue. He brought his own tin cup and I toasted him as I quaffed my portion, letting the fire of it fill me. He raised his eyebrows at me in alarm but I just smiled at him. He sipped his. It would need time to cool before he could pour it down his gullet as I had.

~~~ Day 4-8 ~~~

The next five days passed in much the same manner as the last. The towns were far apart and we spent almost all of our time upon the open, dusty road. I took up the vanguard whenever we came upon other travelers. We met one set of riders that was probably a collection of bandits, but they were dissuaded from trying us by the numbers in our group who were carrying swords.

It didn't hurt that I growled at the leader's horse as its head passed me, sending a mental image of a dragon to the mount's mind. It started as if an adder had appeared beneath its feet and raced forward. The man's buddies hurried their mounts to give chase.

As I retook my normal place, I noticed Nechso glancing at me - but I just shrugged. Arden, on the other side of him, smothered a smirk.

Just before the final dusk, we came to a "T" in the road. The south headed towards a large city of some kind but Arden (and the trader) turned to the north.

~~~ Day 9 ~~~

Around mid-morning, we crossed over the river and entered a small village. Nechso told us that his time with us had come to an end. He took Eryn to the chandler's and bought us some travel bread. He returned to give us his best wishes and then we separated company. Eryn loaded the bread into my pack and we moved on.

We passed the rest of the day walking on the dusty road. Our pace slowed as the girls acclimated to having to use their legs once more. Arden said we were another day away from our destination. His original estimate had been closer than I had expected but I was very glad that the trader had been able to carry the girls for so many miles.

That night, we roasted the birds I caught. The grease from the sizzling fouls dripped into the fire and lent a mouth-watering aroma to our campsite. I heard a pack of wolves moving nearby and wondered how much sleep I was going to get.

I left the captain to tend the roasting meat and I went to move some stones and fallen trees to create a corral that would be easier for me to guard.

The others were finished eating by the time I completed my project. I had worked up quite an appetite and I'm really not certain about how well I chewed my game-bird as I sucked the flesh from the bones. We threw all of the remnants into the fire and I boosted the strength of the flames until there was nothing left to attract unwelcome guests.

As the captain surveyed my secured sleeping space, he commented that it would probably be used by several groups in the years to come. I wasn't sure about years - but months were likely. The small trees that I'd used for cross-pieces were dead and decaying. The stones that served to stretch them into a vertical barrier would last a while - but it would all be useless in a year or two.