All Comments on 'Nice Guy Pt. 02'

by Katmai

Sort by:
  • 180 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Brilliant

I love this story. Fucked over repeatedly, yet when given million dollar chances to take back the crazy bitch he doesn't. I sincerely hope he sticks to his guns.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
waiting for the next chapter

if the cuck remarries the slut for money then it will be the saddest story in lit.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
GOOD GUY STAYS GOOD

and single. But kept his integrity and moral fiber. Good job K. TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
Hopefully he sticks to his guns and says fuck the slut

I hope he says fuck her and the money

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
O K

I guess one would call this a lousy good ending. Damn good story thanks for sharing.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
#2 NOW TO GET PAST THE NEXT 3 MONTHS

4 Million reasons, a sick nutty ex. Dilemnas abound. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Every whore has her price: $4000000

Wife had a breakdown cause she lost the money, not because she lost her hubbie. But the hubbie is a nut to begin with: "Give your dad a hug for me." He divorces the wife and loses $4000000, but is willing to hug and send the the asshole wife stealer flowers? WTF. NONSENSE! 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
hope thats not the ending

this story needs more closure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
If he is a nice guy and a person of honor

He will let her rot in the hospital as a divorced slut. End of Story. No amount of money would be worth being married to such and insane person.

Huma412Huma412over 12 years ago
Really hope this isn't the end.

I get the nice guy sending the hug and flowers it was all before he found out what kind of friend he really was. The DVD arrived later. I want them to meet and hash out her craziness, explain her insanity. But no way should he take her back.

BriteaseBriteaseover 12 years ago
Wow

This is a really good story! Strange how so many commentaters seem to totally miss the point! You've set up a really great problem for Greg, and I'm just waiting to see how he solves it.My mind is buzzing with possible endings, but it's all down to you, so please don't disappoint us all.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Very good Story

A bit out there, but now we have to worry about how nice the nice guy is. Will he take back his poor crazy wife out of niceness?? Perhaps it will manifest itself by demanding that in order to look after her, they both sign away their right to the annuity. Please do not let her remarry him....

Thanks, it has been a great read so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
brutal cucking and big payday

The WBC knows a price cannot be placed on a good cucking; however, the sentient beings recognize the beauty of the dilemma. Well done author, placing characters in unlikely and inconceivable situations can be good storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Insanity ckause missed

The distribution of wealth by inheritance for an insane person should be administered under probate.Any marriage after one party have been known to have mental disoder the vow is null and void.For Jim ,if the evidence she has stolen

his money(retirement benefits) Greg should charge for felony and threatened the ex ,any settlement if he was to remarry the bitch all the distribution should eventually be his entirely,if not the charge for felony should proceed. It is best that he does not take her back since from past experience any mental disorder is zero curable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
now Joe has 4 million reasons

to remarry the bitch, and do everything in his power to either drive her to suicide (where she can be with her loverboy, doing a slow roast over the fires of hell for all eternity), or into an insane asylum where she can live out her days as his estranged wife (while he fucks every woman he can), tranquilized into oblivion because when she's not, she'll be screaming, suffering in the knowledge that her "nice guy" is banging every woman in sight while she's recovering from yet another breakdown until the day she dies ( after which she can join her lover roasting in hell as per the suicide solution).

either way, she ends up in hell, which suits me fine

that's my version of Pt 3.

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
The Forces of Wimpdom are Four Million Strong

Glad he kept his balls! This would be a pretty good place to end the story. However, it might be fun to re-marry the bitch and see how many times he can send her to the hospital over the next twenty years. Or better yet, as the husband of a mentally incompetent wife, he could probably keep her in the nut hut for the next twenty years, leaving him free to swim in the secretary pool. Just because they're married doesn't mean they have to live together, or even speak to each other. Keeping the restraining orders in place would require that they only communicate through their lawyers. Lord knows they can afford it. Anyhow great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
OK now for part 3.

Does he hold to his convictions, or bow to the dollar. Will we find out?

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
Another 5*

The problem with accepting the money is that she gets half. No way. Sounds like he's doing okay financially. Give it all to the kids.

According to the last paragraph, you could end it right here.

cohibaIVcohibaIVover 12 years ago
Four stars or one

Well written, a sympathetic character, interesting story. If he doesn't take her back, four stars. If he does, it would be a betrayal of the character, hence one star.

It's all moot, I believe, because I think that's the end of the story. No chapter three, I hope. Nice work, keep it up.

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
I just thought about this for a minute

He can't take the money. It's not a gift, it's payment for services rendered. If he takes money from the guy who slept with his wife it reduces him to nothing more than a pimp.

Instead, tell the kids to use his share and make sure his ex-wife gets the best care. By doing that he can certainly not violate his, "nice guy," status and he can move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Robert - a real friend

Thats a "real" friend

1. fucks the wife

2. try to steal with the last will the rest of dignity of the husband makes him a pimp for a 4.ooo.ooo $ whore.

The ex-husband must be braindead to take the "mental disordered" person back!

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 12 years ago
Still very interesting . . .

. . . with a lot on the table. The general wisdom is that every man has his price. I have always felt that most people, principled people, have beliefs they will not compromise for any price and the higher the offer the more firm the denial. It may be that Jan has created the principle and Robert in his death is about to find the price.

Now we have some small bit of understanding about Jan's motive, but her picture isn't totally clear nor is her chosen behavior to achieve her goal. Greg has a bunch of women to date and then compare to his ex wife and surogate comforter. I do enjoy a story like this one; keep on going.

Thank you for sharing this one with us Katmai.

C_frommnC_frommnover 12 years ago
I Think

An Epilogue is in Order to follow-up on Janice but also on Gregs Dating and how things with the Dating starting with office Girls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Don't take the money. As people said it, the money is tainted. Robert showed absolutely no remorse for his actions in what he said in the DVD, so give him the finger by saying no to the money. As for Robert's son, he has to be stupid to think that Greg wouldn't divorce Jan when he was told what she was doing.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 12 years ago
solution

Here is the solution. Marry the bitch and never live with her. Then, I would go piss on Robert's grave. Simple...

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 12 years ago
With respect to the Judge, Q, Ohio, and others,

this is one of the better plots I have seen in a reasonably short story in Loving Wives. The man that cuckolded hour hero has reached out from the grave to offer him $100,000 per year for twenty years to remain married to the slut. If he had agreed that his wife could stay and sleep with the guy until he died, it would be much easier to accept. The wife and her lover both knew he was against it and yet they did it anyway. Now, the dead guy is offereing them $200K/year to remain married. That gives our hero @100K/year for himself and all he has to do is to accept that his wife has no respect for him, is insane and dangerous and live with the bitch. Is that enough? That would depend on how hard up he is. Again, if the buddy told him he would give that money to him for his wife right at the beginning and the husband agreed, he would at least be part of the agreement. Here he is not. From what we have seen of the guy thus far, it seems unlikely he will sell his pride for that relatively low price. This is a good story!

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Please don't make him a WACC

Wimp Ass Castrated Cuckold. Walk away from the money

CSD2CSD2over 12 years ago
whoa

nice twist Nice Guy! would you take her back for 4 million? does aking the money make you a pimp? or would your moral code tell you "no"? can't wait to find out...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
last laugh is best

money didn't matter in the first place. sue the ex wife for his half of the retirement fund tell assholes kids to enjoy the money and take a trip out there and piss on his grave. when dumbass(exwife) comes to town and tries to kiss up to him to get the money have her arrested for the rest of the 90 day period then drop the charges on the 91st day and tell her to take a hike or fuck off depending on how he felt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
so what

just sue the estate n the children for halk due to what there father did by taking another mans wife from him''' that way he ends up with his half n his wife still ends up with nothing unless the children decide to share with her

id tell the bitch to eat shit n die

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 12 years ago
Cheap lesson

Janice's pain and loss were real, no question. That does not matter. Her actions were unforgivable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good start, but headed towards a horrible ending

When you had the BS video sent after the death of Robert you made it very clear that you were narrowing the plot possibilities directly towards a "reconcilliation at all costs'. You have the hero being called a "nice guy" and you have Janice suffering from a mental breakdown over the death of her friends.

And its basically taking the story into the zone of satire.

Stories here don't have to be perfect plausiable. There are going to be some elements that are out of this world, but they do have to be reasonable, and this one isn't. To get the story to the point you ended it at far too many people have to be completely blind to the situation.

Did no one down in CA bother to check Janice's story? I mean she was married 30 years before her decision to spend time in Robert's bed and everyone just believed her tale even though she never talked to her husband after she started?

You have Robert admit to beind selfish, but do you really thing he have that part put in his will? No lawyer in the US is going to agree to that because the courts long ago ruled such rules "unenforceable". You can't put that kind of condition on it, and a lawyer would have checked on the marriage status and knnown of the pending divorce.

Also how could Robert be having sex at that point. Most diseases that cause someone to waste away do enough damage that you can't have sex in the final 1-2 months, or if you can it has to be carefully dealt with. It's not like his keeping Janice in his bed until the end would be all that enjoyable unless he actually hated your hero and wanted to hurt hum.

Even the restraining order is a joke. Especially the visit by police the same day as the phone call. It's no longer easy to get an indefinite restraining order, the courts demand proof beyond personal testimony. With no police reports and no physical or phone evidence that any abuse had ever occured, the order would have expired at 30 days and been impossible to renew.

The plot is very over the top. It requires that Janice, Robert, Joe and others be less intelligent than your average slug. It makes the story less than entertaining. Which is sad because the idea is good and part 1 interesting. But the ending of part 2 pushes the story deeply into the RAAC territory and that tends to destroy stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Crap

That is all

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
When did mom and Dad die?

At the start of the story she went to visit mom and dad as part of the vacation. She left from there to care for the funeral. Then suddenly they are dead. Still it was a good read. Needs another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
NO WAY

There is no way he should take back his ex-wife. Normally I like reconciliation but here it is not possible. The level of disrepect, selfishness and vitriol directed at him from her - there's no love there. Move on and find a Nice Lady to spend your life with.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
Robert's Plot from Beyond the greg.

There are so many things wrong with this god awful story on so many levels. I think the worst part of the story is that when the husband is talking to Roberts on Joe. After explaining to him why he cannot talk to Robert and informing Joe about the wife's actions the idiot wimp ex husband says "Give Robert a Hug for me..."

If you go back and read what Robert set on the DVD it's pretty clear that he really deep down hates the Greg -- the ex husband. He doesn't sound a lease that remorseful over the fact that he is dying are getting a chance to nail greg's wife.

The money is a plot by Robert. Robert now knows that in fact Janice is completely insane and is pathologically unstable. She may be a great fuck but she's Michelle Bachman bat shit crazy. Robert knows that there is a high probability if Greg takes her back-- IF.... She will likely strike back and kill/ Murder Greg. So the money is a inducement to bring them back together in a that Robert will get his revenge when the wife flips and Murders Greg

Never mind that the restraining order argument is something so over the top it is sort of like something one would see on a LIFETIME made of TV movie of the 1990s... Never mind that the will is legally unenforceable.

The problem here is that the wife is clearly mentally ill. Assuming she has actually had 2 nervous breakdowns

... the second one was caused by facing the reality of her actions after Robert had died. This is not about the husband's ego or pride. This woman is totally Michelle Bachmnn bat shit crazy

Robert says on the DVD "She loves you, Greg." OK so show me the love ...

"Greg, you fucker. Determined to the very end to screw things up, aren't you? It won't work. I tore up those envelopes just like all the others. He's dying, Greg, and you just won't give it up, will you? Damn you to hell, Greg. Fuck you!"

"Greg, honey, I know that you are probably really upset with me. I know that you didn't want me to stay with Robert, but I just had too! I know that you will forgive me when I explain it all to you."

Greg, you asshole! You cancelled my credit card! Have you no compassion for a dying man? What's wrong with you? Fuck you, Greg, fuck you!"

"I don't know what game you're trying to play, Greg. But it won't work. I destroyed those papers without opening the envelope. You're just trying to get to Robert and let him know you don't approve. Stay away from us, Greg, or I'll put your ass in jail. Do you understand? Just stay away from us!"

If this husband takes the Michelle Bachmann of wives back there is VERRRRRRRRRRY good chance she will KILL him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Four million? I'd take her back like a shot. I'd keep her very carefuly alive for 20 years.

She herself would live every second of that time in utter misery. I guess I'm not a nice guy.

Rephil: grow up you predictable twat.

A pretty darn entertaining tale. Thanks author. 5*.

ipmwebipmwebover 12 years ago
Part 3?

Are we going to see a part 3 or more? This leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Death is too good for her!

Fuck her & her prick's money!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Bully for him!

The nice guys "wins." (Sorry about being Anonymous, but I forgot my password)

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Hooray for the Nice Guy

The nice guy wins. (hooray I reset my password)

thebulletthebulletover 12 years ago
mixed message

some positives, a lot of negatives in this story. It requires a total suspension of disbelief to make this story work - and it isn't like this is Harry Potter and the Fucked Up Princess. This purports to be somewhat realistic.

The whole restraining order deal is pretty hard to swallow. That coupled with the bat-shit crazy Michelle Bachman-like (thanks Harry) words and deeds of the wife and the sniveling smart-assed DVD from the dead guy make everyone on the other side of the equation perfectly despicable. Not much to root for on that side.

And our protagonist is a milquetoast - why in the world were women lining up at his office to date him - unless they, too would like someone to dominate?

Other than that, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Yes

The last paragraph made the story great - Thankyou!

Despite her depression over her friends deaths, she immediately took all of their retirement money, filed for divorce and issued a restraining order - she couldn't have gone too far off in the beginning to not have had some lucid and calm thoughts? Her deterioration to deep depression was the loss of her friend but mostly that of her lover who enjoyed her 'Sweet' pussy everyday.

Thanks again for not turning him into an idiot wuss and taking her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Legal question

Alienation of affection good buddy Robs estate for all of the money, that money was for Robs wife death. The lawyers would love it, make their pay contingent on winning the case (fire and forget as it were). Then it's time to start that dating rotation. Roberts son Joe needs to be in fixed because people that stupid don't need to reproduce. If this is the last ch then I like the fact pride cant be bought. I agree with Harry VA except his statement should read

Michelle Bachmann/Nancy Pelosi crazy

drivingwheeldrivingwheelover 12 years ago
Intriguing plot

You've put forth one of the more outlandish and compelling story lines I've seen on this site for some time. Thank you! It will be fun to see where the all the chips fall.

magmamanmagmamanover 12 years ago
I think I would check to see...

What happens in the case of an "accidental" death of the wife?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Crazy story

I'm really enjoying this one even though some plot elements are REALLY implausible. The drama is really evoking some emotional responses.

<P>

The simple solution to Greg's dilemma is to "go with what you know." He knows his friends support him, he has a good job, and he's not hurting for money. He only has a bat-shit, crazy ex-wife. Fuck her and the $$$. Taking back the bitch is not worth the money because he would risk his support base and perhaps his job in return for a few dollars and a well-used, cheating cunt.

<P>

Now if one were to want to continue with implausible plot elements, the "torch the bitch" crowd would enjoy something like: take the bitch back for the cash; sue Robert's estate for alienation of affection to get all the money; kill both of Robert's kids (Why would you let an asshole like that pollute the gene pool? Nobody's innocent.); keep the bitch chained to a radiator in the windowless basement streaming lesbian porn 24hrs/day for stimulation; parade her for inspection as required by the will. She'll be alive and married but unfortunately she's already been diagnosed with mental illness. It just doesn't seem to get better for some reason.

<P>

But then again, simpler's better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
hell NO

just tell him to give it to the kids. lets have the next part with him gettingon with his life

greowulfgreowulfover 12 years ago
Excellent plot and twists

Can't wait for Ch: 3 and some closure. The many possibilities have been pointed out by the other 50 commenters. I for one don't think that the PTSD excuses the behavior here--explains, perhaps, but does not excuse. I will eagerly read any ending that doesn't include his welcoming her back with open arms. I would probably string her along enough to get her to recant her affidavit and clear my name, then tell her to fuck off and go for perjury charges. But that's just me

Well done!

Wulf

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Puzzled

My only questions are when is chapter 3 to appear and who could not vote a "5" for this series, if only for its creativity and believablility?

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Very good

I sure hope there is another chapter and that the last sentence is not the abrupt end. Hard to turn down four million dollars, but then again, with Janice turned completely wackadoodle, maybe not. How could you ever trust her again, or respect her, or make any assumptions that some little thing would not push her around the bend again? She might well even turn violent when he was least expecting it.

Move on.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyover 12 years ago
Bring on chapter 3 please!!!!!

Great story! Greg is not only a nice guy but a moral one. The dilemma is the disrespect shown by both Robert and Jan vs Jan's mental illness. The deciding factor in my mind is Jan's numerous attempts to destroy Greg.

I am anxious to see how (or if) Katmai concludes the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Interesting

So I'm guessing his 'good friend' offered Jan the money earlier on, and finding out she wont get the money has caused the breakdown?

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 12 years ago
A real Gooder!

Great concept of how a spouse could drift and turn malicious. Look forward to see how you play this out, no money or money and lock the nutbar in the garden shed for 20 years.

fregenfregenover 12 years ago
This was a good friend?

I would hate to see what his enemies are like.<P>

So Robert, after he finds out that Janice lied to him about Greg agreeing to let her stay with him makes a video in which he taunts his good friend?<P>

"She's got one sweet pussy, Greg." "You're probably pissed at me. I don't blame you. But I don't care. I've been fucking your wife every day for the past few months, and I enjoyed every erotic, orgasmic minute of it."

"The fact is, Greg, I'm a sorry son-of –a-bitch. I'm dying, and I'm selfish. And I want as much of your wife's loving attention and pussy as I can get."<P>

Robert had an opportunity to lessen the pain that Greg was going though. He knew the truth when he made the video. Instead he turns the screw: "If our roles were reversed, you would probably do the right thing. But I'm not you. You're a better man than I, Greg. I've always admired that about you. You are a kind and gentle man, and you've been taken advantage of. Nice guys never finish first, Greg! Get with the program!"<P>

And of course because he is pond scum he thinks 'money' will make it right: "I've left you a surprise, something to balance the books between us. I know you've been through hell these past months. That's just the way it goes. Maybe that surprise will sweeten your pain somewhat."<P>

Wrong. Too bad the video came too late for him to understand what scum Robert was before he died. Maybe the "hug and flowers" would have been OBE.<P>

But Greg has already "gotten with the program" by divorcing his cheating wife. Surprise. Contrast her messages to Greg before Robert dies - "You goddamn asshole, you're ruining everything! Well, fuck you, Greg, fuck you!""Greg, you asshole! You cancelled my credit card! Have you no compassion for a dying man? What's wrong with you? Fuck you, Greg, fuck you!""Stay away from us, Greg, or I'll put your ass in jail. Do you understand? Just stay away from us""Damn you to hell, Greg. Fuck you!" - to her statement on the speaker phone - "Greg, honey, I know that you are probably really upset with me. I know that you didn't want me to stay with Robert, but I just had too! I know that you will forgive me when I explain it all to you." 'Okay, Robert's dead and I ready to come back now.'<P>

Yup, one crazy bitch. Thanks for sharing

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 12 years ago
Still hanging in there...

...even though this is starting to smell like an RAAC story. For any newer readers out there, that's Reconciliation At Any Cost as opposed to a TTB story, Torch The Bitch. Both sides can find plenty of both ardent supporters and virulent critics here at Lit.

.

The most frequent problem with reconciliation stories is that the wife is usually portrayed as such an unrelenting bitch during the betrayal phase that the eventual reconciliation looks less like 'love conquers all' and more like 'wimp surrenders balls.'

.

Overall, I'm liking the story and looking forward to it's resolution. Thanks for sharing it with us. You might also want to research restraining orders a little more. My legal resources (a retired judge and 2 guys who flunked out of law school) indicated that getting an order as severe as this one past a judge would be very unlikely. Even if you could find a VERY friendly judge, it would be VERY vulnerable to a show cause order. Just remember, free advice is always worth what you pay for it.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
wtf?

I had every intention of givin you five for this chapter, until the abrupt fucking ending. My next inclination was to throw a 1 your direction.

Then hope of a third chapter made me decide to withold judgement on this then rate chapter 3 and 2 the same. Would love more of the cunt's misery. She could return to Spokane and see Greg on one of his dates. Seems to me that Greg needs a trip to Cali to do some grave pissin. He should sue Robert's estate for alienation of affection. Sue Jan just for kicks too, and let us know she feels the loss.

TXanyTXanyover 12 years ago
I'm with Saxon_Hart

I too am holding out for a third chapter. Either way...he continues to burn the bitch or reunites, I want to know. Otherwise I will have to score this really low for the poor quality ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Believe it was worth it to give up the 4 million to be rid the nono fucking good cheating whore andthe bastard that ws suppoed;y your friend. In fact I'd show my former friend how much I appreciated him fucking my ex slut for months by pissing and shitting on his grave site.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

I do not understand this woman, what do she think about her exhusband? It may be the women's IQ Gauss curve is narrower than the male people is, but this woman is at the low end of the Gauss curve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Not too realistic

Him screwing grandma Gail seems weird, and the sappy wise woman advice is lame. Women in the office lining up to date him? The estate lawyer and all...not so much. Oh well. It's not my kind of story, I guess

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

If this guy remarried he becomes a PIMP! But very interesting situation......

I remember Matt Moreau's last story where the prosti wife brought almost half million dollars from her "work" after the reconcilation. However the Matt's wimp character did not know anything about his wife's deposit money!

katranmankatranmanover 12 years ago
Don't

If he takes her back, and basically risks his life to do it, he is crazier than she is! It's not his money anyway, the money should go to Robert's kids. Why would Greg want a constant 20 year reminder of where the money came from and how it was earned. That's some expensive whore you were married to Greg, better to move on while you still have time and are in such high demand.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

I think if he would look for a way to Joe and he could tell him he dont want this money but a little settlement money for paing the house or other little thing. If I were Joe I would pay the house loan or if the house is loan free something else for example a BMW for him.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 12 years ago
Harry in VA

Talk about assholes.

Bachmann has more common sense and balls than you ever had. In fact, I'll bet, you come up short in that department.

Your usual, out in left field, comments seem to come from a guy(?) who sits in the dark with his pants down in front of the computer.

Our 'Nice Guy' already made the decision - a GOOD One!

Now, it would be interesting to see an Epilogue covering just a short message that his ex was being taken care of by Joe and a brief synopsis of his many dates.

Thanks Katmai for a good story, had me wondering who this guy would turn out to be. Nice guys finish last but at least they get a second chance to look aroiund and sample the candidates!

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
She had not the least bit of scruple to shit on him for months - and big time!

So there is a high probability that this was not her first time cheating, and I doubt that there has been any love and any respect for him before this happened. Nice guys tend to believe, that everybody is as nice as they are themselfes, especially concerning friends and next of kin. Greg also had a wrong perception of his "friend" Robert.

For me there is no question what to do about the money and what to do about the ex-wife: leave both and carry on! Life will have a lot fine moments for him!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice twist...

Katmai, nice twist in the story and a good second chapter.

Please keep up the story.

I like that we just get his POV, it will be interesting to learn the wife's motivations and if she really understands her selfish behavior. Imagine if he meets and marries a younger woman, with plenty of cash and higher sex drive too.

Thanks for the effort.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 12 years ago
Interesting twist...

I am wondering if he would be willing to be married "In Name Only". They could be married but seperated for the rest of their lives, but concidering the pain Janice has inflicted, I think Greg should at least ask for 60% of the inheritance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Keep on going.

I agree 100per cent with Anonymous. Love the story, would like to see a third chapter, or at least an epilog.

Woodbine68

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
In it for the money?

Reading between the lines I'm thinking the wife knew about Roberts big windfall from his wifes death and had an agreement for a nice payout if she acted as a 'mistress' for him til he died. Kinda rubbed his nose in it with the video after he died eh, makes me wonder if he got off on shitting on his best mate as well?

Her doing it doing it for mercenary reasons would also explain her going all out to fuck her hubby over if it interfered with her pay day and her 'No no no no' thing when she read the divorce paperwork esp if she knew she had to remain married to 'Nice guy' to get the cash from her fucking around and suddenly realising that not only had she lost her life with her hubby but also her big windfall.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
Nice!

Two five-star chapters! And Greg's response to Joe (near the end of the chapter) is a perfect summary of the reasons to avoid getting re-married. Does that mean they won't? Or Shouldn't? Not necessarily. But the summarization does clarify the basic issues.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 12 years ago
Wimp!

The husband in this story is a complete wimp. Mice have bigger balls than him. I think the author is going to wimp out and take the crazy bitch back. Although, I really hope this doesn't happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
to much of a nice thing isn't healthy

mental retarded.

JimSensesJimSensesover 12 years ago
A concern

I read the story and really loved it. But I do have a concern. I am one of those people that believes in reconciliation, but not at all costs. What she did is beyond anything I could forgive or anyone could forgive. She broke all trusts and what would happen the next time someone she knows well dies. And for that shit Robert to do what he did the video, I know here is a nice warm place for him and its not with his wife. I would like to see a follow on to this but not with him getting back with her. If you have him helping her as a friend from the past. That's ok. But she buried her marriage. I would like to see him move on, hear about his dating, and her coming to terms with what she did, what she lost, and most of all her reaction to the video. But NO reconciliation. You built his character well and he deserves to maintain that good character. She was his wife so helping would be natural. But I would do it by filing a suite against the estate to pay for her care and give himself a few bucks to make up for some of his loss. Great story so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
All about the Money

That seems to be the key word. She emptied the account prememptive because she knew he wouldn't agree and expected him to strike back, the restraining order had to keep him away. All her comments on the phone point to the fact that his filing for divorce altered or jeopardized her plans. Given the DVD where Robert showed his true self, he probably promised her a part of that money to stay with him, and then he tries to blackmail the husband to stay in a loveless marriage with the slut (so she can try to rip him off again?) for a long, long time and to rub it in his face every day for the rest of his life. Why did Robert hate him so much? Because she married her husband and not Robert? Or was there more to her regular visits with Robert and his wife. Anyhow, she clearly had plans and fell into depression when it all blew up in her face. A 3rd chapter? leave it to the author, it might very well stop here. In any case, a good story.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 12 years ago
Well written and crafted

I enjoyed the read if not the result. Our hero behaved as an honorable man and will have a good life... after Jan gets the message that she ended their marriage through her actions and disregard of his feelings. The last sentence is incorrect... it can't cost him anything if he never had the money and is not liable for it. I didn't lose the lottery if I didn't even buy a ticket.

I would have written the story in a slightly different direction, but that's part of why I enjoyed the direction you took it. Thanks.

SouthernPassion53SouthernPassion53over 12 years ago
A well written story

Nice guys do finish first more often than people think. Your story is about one of those. This man did what he had to in order to survive and having been cheated on by an ex, I can understand his basic motivation for divorcing her. Lost 4 million dollars? Not really, he never had it in the first place. His ex obviously, according to the story, is a liar, conniving cheat and would only destriy him completely if they got back together.

I do hope you have a part 3 where he finalizes every aspect, including making sure she is permanently out of his life.

RehnquistRehnquistover 12 years ago
Robert Is Pure Evil

Really, I'd sooner be friends with Hannibal Lecter!

I don't often actually comment on the plot lines themselves, but this one is just so damned good--and Robert and wifey so goddamned bad--that I can't resist. This, of course, is very high kudos to an enthralling story. Believable? Well . . . certain parts seem a bit farfetched. Still, it's believable enough. Better, the bad guys are like James Bond's bad guys: They're bad guys that actually delight in being bad, which makes them even more evil than twisted nutjobs.

So why do I think Robert is just so incredibly evil? Beyond the obvious intentional, selfish, and brutal betrayal of his friendship, it's the terms of the annuity.

Think about it: Robert just took this guy's wife from him; he brags about it in a video; then he tries to one up him from the grave by conditioning the $4 million annuity on them staying married. The balls--and just pure nastiness of it all--is breathtaking. "Here, I've stolen her and used her up. I've turned her totally against you and she preferred me. Now, though, I want you to take her back and look at her every day for the next 20 years--probably the rest of your life given your age--and I want you to remember what I did to you and what she did to you every day for the rest of your life. Would $4 million be enough to get you to do it?"

Holy shit, talk about brass balls on that Robert, huh?

Just fucking wow!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Intrigueing Story Devolves 2 Fractured Fairy Tale

Strictly as" a read " , this story is a good one . Mission accomplished on that level . Other commentators have adroitly pointed out the iffy parts of this nigh -parable.

My preminent thought is I wish K.K . could have been consulted at the end of the story , so to not leave our sense suspension of disbelief in shreds & tatters. 4 stars to author who alternately frustrates & intrigues.

Yeah , Katmai's good but he always leaves some loose plot thread to niggle at the reader at the end . Like a talented surgeon who nimbly performs operation but sews carelessly the incision at close.

The " predator preacher " left unpunished in this author's story " Something Out of the Ordinary " still irks me .

brujaybrujayover 12 years ago
Darn good yarn

The Judge nailed it: Robert is pure evil.

This is a great story. Forget the morality of what any of the characters did or didnt do. Just enjoy the read for what it is..Entertainment!

Looking forward to the next installment.

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
What's with the blubbery male?

Okay, many LW stories try to show male sadness, or depression with comments on crying, but hour after hour?

It's over the top and annoying.

Similar to finding too many colloquialisms; tryin', doin',

comin'.

Story had interesting parts but way too many inconsistencies and other problems to be really enjoyable.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Suspension of disbelief

I know stories often require some measure of suspension of disbelief. That said, there are some glaring factual issues in this story. First, the Restraining Order could not have been obtained by the Jan to cover Robert and his immediate family. A person can generally only get a restraining order to cover themselves, as well as a person over whom they have control (guardian, parent, etc.) or a minor. Second, a temporary restraining order will usually be granted without a hearing, but a hearing is required to maintain the restraining order-so one would have come up as a matter of course. Third,it would not cost $40k to fight a restraining order. In any event, Greg could have at least had a face-to-face with Jan and Robert and Robert's kids if he showed up at such a hearing. Why would he not do that (and why would the attorney not advise him of that)? The false accusasions contained in the affidavit could have been destroyed so easily in a contested hearing by any even reasonably-competent attorney that it would be laughable.

I get that the author glossed over these issues to get to the crisis-total abandonment and nothing to do about it but move on as best he can-and then deal with the fall-out.

Also very strange-why wouldn't Greg have come to Robert's wife's memorial service? These were close friends of 30+ years. Even if the wife said "don't come," I think he would have flown in, if only for a day or two.

Further, Greg had a very close and affectionate relationship with his wife for 30 years. Even allowing for a mental break-down of some kind that led her down this strange and dark path, did she really think Greg would allow this arrangement? And, she obtained a restraining order less than two days after her confession of her plan to Greg (probably the next day, if he was served with it two days later). That suggests a pre-conceived plan on her part-how devious was she?

As to the plan to get his wife's attention suggested by the attorney-when it was clear that it would not work (i.e., she wouldn't drop the restraining order and communicate with him); a different strategy should have been tried-again, challenging the restraining order,etc. All Greg got was suffering from being out of touch with his cheating (and obvious mentally-deranged) wife, and a progression towards a divorce he may not have wanted.

At the end, if Greg didn't want to be a victim (a 'nice guy'), he should have gone cold-hearted Micheavelli on the bit: gotten the restraining order dropped (presumably she would want that since she doesn't want to be divorced), agree to reconcile with her and get re-married, subject to certain terms: she agree to gift Greg a big chunk of her half of the marital estate she got in the divorce, she sign a pre-nup that what Greg earns during the marriage is his (he then keeps his accounts separate), and Greg is named her guardian and conservator. He then re-marries her, and then ditches the bitch-married in name only. He gets the money and doesn't have to deal with her cheating, crazy, manipulative ass.

Just a thought.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

@OLDHIDEKI is right

What do you want Greg?

1. He has not any children in the story. If he is fertile, he could start a family with children with a younger newer wife. In this case he should drop the bitch. (The French movie star was above 65 and he became father....) He is good guy he could find a kind single Mom with children, if he is not ferile.....

2. If he is not fertile or do not want any children and he has a good lawyer, with pre nuptial a fake marriage 60% of the money and let the bitch live in USA and he could live in (Thailand, Bora Bora, Italy, (Greece is not too good nowdays), Philippinas, Australia, Carribines, Madeira, Cook Isles, but he could live in Havaii and the bitch in the Continental USA, etc.) without her.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

The French movie star is Alain Delon.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Suspension of disbelief, part deax

Also, a terminally ill guy in his mid-50's having sex with another's wife every damn day up until a couple weeks before his death? Not likely.

Just sayin'.

Seriously, I like BTB stories, and I also like reconciliation stories (but not RAAC). So, I am hoping that if there is a Pt. 03, it will not be a RAAC. However, so many ways to go: the wife knew about the money thing, she convinced the dying ass-hole to do it, she was batt-shit crazy, etc. Greg can go a lot of ways, too. However, I think, given his character, he will not agree to any type of reconciliation without a lot of protection (financial and otherwise).

Despite what a few others have said, I don't see him as a wimp at all. He was very clear about being against the arrangement his wife suggested (no hmmming and hawwwing). He took immediate action to protect himself. He divorced the crazy bitch. He started fucking other women (well, woman), and opened himself up to other potential partners. He also didn't cave in any way to his wife's wishes to come back to him (at least for now...). His telling Joe to hug his dad for him was weird (but again, he may have thought that his 'friend' thought he had his permission-but even so....). But, I think this guy handles stuff the right way-he's not a piece of shit, he has principals, and he also has backbone. Please do not make him a jelly-backed doormat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Forget it

Janice is pure evil, a head case and just a slut. Hubby really doesn't need the grief and baggage that staying with Janice would bring and he would be forever subject to her going back into her depression again. Also it would only be two million for him and two million for Janice. Some things money just can't buy and the headaches that the wife would bring aren't worth it.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Well Gee Whiz

Glad I am not the only one who called for violence. Where is the retirement money? Needs another chapter to wrap it all up. Most of the people in this or other countries would be really pissed that their spouse cleaned them out. Nice guy or not. Where is the money you crazy bitch? I do congratulate him on not taking the deal. Or as someone else said, he could keep her crazy ass in a cage for the next twenty years and have a good time doing the things he always wanted. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Please do not ruin the story by having him take her back!

If Greg is truly a 'nice guy', an author might be tempted to

allow Greg's 'white knight' tendencies to cloud what he has shown to be superior judgement. In this case, he needs to stand firm on his principles; money (and Janice's sanity, or complete lack thereof) be damned. Isn't it convenient Janice has a boutique diagnosis of Delayed Stress Syndrome she and Robert's attorney can fall back on to explain away her bad behavior. What, did she also do a tour in Afghanistan while she was away? "Oh honey, you just HAVE to forgive me; I wasn't myself!" Hey babe, eat a Snickers and get over yourself. I am in complete agreement with Rehnquist, Scorpio44a, et al; Torch the B____!

teh568teh568over 12 years ago
Janice Is A Total...

Physicotic bitch that, I guess, thought so little of her husband that she thought that he would welcome her back after she had to 'sacrifice' her time to stay with her lover (who was almost as bad as she was). This story needs to have a third chapter, that would perhaps take place over the next ninety days. That would possibly give Greg enough time to really screw Janice over...and, yes, I think that she really deserves it regardless of the 'post traumatic delayed stress syndrome' diagnosis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Damn Right!

Katmai,

Objections about plot holes be damned. Clearly this story has touched people...lots of people. Look at all of the comments.

I am anxious to see how you end this. If the husband folds and allows her back, the story seems wimpy after such a good build up. If he "torches the bitch", then the story is not consistent with the type of man you have portrayed. What is a good writer to do??? I cannot wait to find out.

I will say that Roberts DVD was a cunning bomb to throw into the plot. No remorse, buy you off? maybe. Tough bounce about her leaving you for me, but you can have her back. All of it showing that neither one of them had a care in the world for the "Nice guy".

So Mister author: Do nice guys finish last?

I wonder.

LOVED IT.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 12 years ago
Good Story BUT

There needs to be a CH 3 to tie up loose ends. I can see many avenues to persue and ways to close each of them out. I agree with many of the other comments that some of the story is unrealistic but this IS fiction and I found it very enjoyable to read. I can see him either filing a lawsuit against the estate or getting the children to agree to give him some of the money but I cannot under any circumstances see him taking the ex back. I would like to see them get together in a "safe" setting for her to try and convince him she was right in doing what she did so he could get some closure there. In any event, well done and I am looking forward to a final chapter.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
Good Writing!

This has been a very entertaining story, make no mistake. But for me Greg, the husband, comes off as a weak little man. The only way he wins anything at all is if he mans up and tells Farnsworth to distribute the money however the testimentary documents indicate in lieu of the fact that there is no fucking way Janice will ever be a part of his life again.

The author has spent two chapters telling us how EVIL Janice and Robert are. We are talking the likes of Satan's spawn here. (Janice makes Debbie Bascomb look like an angel.) Robert has been beating Greg like a drum throughout this story. If Greg goes for the money, Robert wins for the rest of Greg's life.

Any step toward Greg getting back together with Janice and this story goes to complete shit!!!

Do the right thing Katmai! Let the Nice Guy walk away. Let the evil "hating" wife live miserably for the rest of her sorry life.

Ending the story here would'nt be a bad move.

On another unrelated note: I mean no disrespect, but I actually saw a comment by Tazz on this list that I actually understood.

ScaliaScaliaover 12 years ago
Just do a disclaimer

Greg could end this IMMEDIDATELY by writing a letter disclaiming the inheritance.

A disclaimer is an unconditional refusal to accept the benefits of the inheritance. It has to be done within nine months of the creation of the interest and before any benefit is accepted.

SCALIA

P.S. I am an attorney with some hard-earned knowledge about trust and estates.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 12 years ago
Now we have Scalia? Before long,

we'll have the entire damn supreme court commenting on Lit stories. I may take the Ginsberg name myself! Luckily for me, I have seen the next chapter and it is a work of pure genius. Our hero turns down the money. The asshole's kids get it and then he seduces and marries the wealthy daughter! That way he has tons of money, gets rid of one crazy bitch, and gets the last laugh on his now dead enemy. The wife later learns that her lover's disease was fatal because he had AIDs. It just doesn't get any better than that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Post Traumatic Delayed Stress?

Please don't make rationalization for an out, for a forced, phoney reconciliation. "She as not in her right mind. She was not liable for her actions." Bullshit.

cpetecpeteover 12 years ago
What a Story!

Katmi what an outstanding story you have written! Given the number and tone of the posts-you have most readers REALLY involved with these characters you have created.

Take the money, burn the bitch, piss on the bad guys grave, did she know about the money? Did his divorce screw wifes plans up? Is she crazy or a mercencey? You have lots of way to continue this and given the twists so far I look forward to chapter 3.

Thanks so much for a fine tale

bartolobartoloover 12 years ago
still seems to me to be something missing

After reading today's installment of this story, I have a feeling of something important missing. Here's Greg up in Washington state and there's Janice, Mr. Klein and his two kids in the east bay area in Berkeley, California.

Why was Greg lawfully ordered to kept away from Janice, Klein and his two children up in Spokane. Okay Klein was sick and he died, although we don't know what he died of: but this may not matter to the storyline.

Janice had a nervous breakdown and was/is under treatment. Maybe Greg should now travel to Berkeley to determine for himself what has transpired, and what the situation now is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
what a pile of shit.

I quit reading when his secretary gave him the list of names of women in the office who would fuck him once the divorce was finalized.

Ignoring the fact that he is old enough to be their grandfather, ignoring the fact that women are unlikely to sign a petition illustrating their desire to fuck him...it's an office building and he is their boss. Not only does that open up a fuck load of legal issues, it opens the door to every sexual harassment lawsuit. He would be unemployed and penniless before he knew what hit him.

Because I quit reading, I can't comment on the rest of this shit; but if previous chapters are any indication, I haven't missed much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I don't get it

Why are people busting their humps to praise this story?

The writing is at best pedestrian, and there are some pretty glaring errors. If this was edited, the editor needs remediation.

My biggest problem, though, is the utter stupidity of the characters.

Greg seems a straight enough arrow, but the wife is written as a caricature of an abstraction of a joke. Robert is written as a truly reprehensible vulture. A judge who provides an open-ended restraining order, on no more evidence than the word of one person, against someone most of a thousand miles away? No.

Worst of all is Joe, one of the supporting cast for which I had some hope. He had the balls to say, in essence, "I understand your wife treated you like shit, stole from you, and perjured herself in the process. So, tell me, why did you divorce her?"

What the fuck?

This is too stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Needs an epilogue chapter

A pretty good story, it was both well written and believable. I'm glad you didn't cuckold Greg or have him remarry that bitch Janice. However, you should do a third Chapter for closure showing how Greg's life made a turn for the better now and hopefully showing how the life of that cheating slut ex-wife of his has gone straight to the toilet.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous