Nice Guys Always Finish Last

Story Info
Or do they?
6.1k words
4.31
13.8k
23
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: As with many unrequited loves, there comes a make-it-or-break-it point when the relationship either changes or ends. This is such a tale. Hopefully, you enjoy the telling. Constructive comments and suggestions are always welcomed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hey, Jennie! Jennie!"

A cute Asian young woman stopped upon hearing her name and turning, looked in the crush of people before her for the person who had called out to her. Her large almond-shaped eyes widen in surprise when she saw me waving and broad smile of delight brightened her pretty face as we move towards each other.

"Lee! Is it you! My goodness, it has been ages since I last saw you! I almost didn't recognize you. You've changed so much. Gone are your glasses...contacts? And my, you've grown and gotten muscular...what's that...six-one now...and working out at a gym and running? Well, good for you. You're looking good!"

"You're sweet to say so, Jennie, but that was always the case with you. You're still as pretty as ever...my five-foot-two Korean gal-pal. Hey, I'm sorry that I haven't called or kept in contact. Soon after we parted, my cell phone got zapped and wiped of my contact information that of people, I didn't back it up. I was tempted to ask your folks for your number, but...well...you know how they were with me."

The words that rolled of my tongue came easily for in high school Jennie has been my best girl-friend. Besides her bright smile, clever sense of humor, and sharp wit, Jennie was just beautiful in my eyes. Just right for her petite form, her perky tits had enough heft to jiggle enticingly when she walked quickly to keep up with my long strides. Although her waist was slender, there was this slight pudge just below her bellybutton that I found to be ultra-feminine but was horrifying to her. As a result, Jennie made in a lot of dieting resolutions that were followed by pig-out sessions with me. Her legs were well-proportioned and shapely, but her tight butt was to die for and the subject of many wet dreams.

As you can readily tell, I was madly but silently infatuated with Jennie. But, while we were the best of friends, we never crossed the line that separated friends from lovers. Maybe it was because of her parents disapproving of ...no, rather, hating their daughter hanging out with a tall blond, blue-eyed geek. Or, it might have been that we ran with different crowds with Jennie with the popular group and me with the socially awkward nerds of the school's math/science/chess clubs. Yet, we were linked to each other by a unique friendship that no one, including ourselves, could understand.

But to me, the real reason that we never became a couple was that Jennie wasn't drawn to "nice" guys like me but to the proverbial "bad boys" of the school and community. The guys who thumbed their noses at authority, skirted the edge of criminal activities, or were disrespectful toward women, turned Jennie on to no end. When she was immersed in one of her 'scumbag affairs' (as I enviously referred to them), Jennie dropped out of my life. It was only after being used, abused, and finally dumped that she would turn to me for solace.

I was an ear that would listen with criticism or judgment, a shoulder to cry on, and the voice of reassurance and comfort. I was the one who helped her pull herself together, hung with her, and then sighed silently when another punk came along to catch her eye, Some might say the Jennie was using me, but sad to say, I didn't mind for when she returned to me, I had a chance to be with the woman of my dreams even if it was for a fleeting moment.

"You know, Lee, I should find a guy who is more like you. Someone who will be kind, comforting, and loving." Jennie lamented after her last disastrous high school romance with a punk voted 'most likely to go to jail.' Why can't I find a 'nice guy' like you?"

My response at the time (and as always) was "...because nice guys don't take advantage of women like you and always finish last when it comes to winning the affection of pretty girls like you."

"So, Lee," Jennie said, interrupting my recollections and bringing me suddenly back to the present, "sorry that I didn't stay in touch with you too after high school. I did go Pepperdine out a Malibu as I had planned...yep, communications...you know how I love to yak. Unfortunately, I continued my losing streak and stumbled through one after another miserable affair. I thought of calling you, but when you didn't call me like you used to do in high school, I figured you had moved on and found someone else. Now, let's see...as I recall, you went to...UCLA...right? And then what?

"Yep, UCLA for a bachelor's in electrical engineering...and then to UC-Berkley for a doctoral in the same field...hey, what did you expect a geek like me to do? After that, I landed a sweet program developer job with a major technology corporation and they have me doing some classified work for the military...which I can't talk about or else I'd have to kill you...ha, ha! The pay with incentives is good, but being able to work from home is great. In fact, I have a condo not too far from this supermarket...which explains the bags of food."

"Hey, I see that you're doing well as a vlogger on YouTube, Jennie. I catch your videos with your boyfriend, Harry, when I need a break and time allows. They were hilarious in the beginning, but lately...I hope you don't mind me saying...have become a bit... hmmm...edgy with dark humor from your boyfriend. I don't know if it's an act, but lately, you appear shocked and disappointed at some of his comments. But I'm probably reading too much into it because you seem to truly love him."

"How do you do it, Lee? Despite the years that have passed, you still can read me like a book even if it is through a computer monitor. Let me just say that Harry is the same kind of guy that I fell for in high school. Yeah, I know. You would think that I would have learned my lesson by now, but sigh, it ain't the case. Sad, huh?

"What about you, Lee? Has any special woman taken my place in your heart?"

"Nah, Jennie, you've always been the one...'big sigh.' Sad to say that without you, I'm forced to live a monk-like life of solitude, meditation, and abstinence...double 'big sigh.'"

"Oh, stop tugging at my heartstrings, you boldfaced liar. You always had a way with words...able to make me think, laugh, or be happy when I was down. I wish Harry could be more like you, Lee.

"But, hey, let's not spoil a good day by talking about my bastard of a boyfriend. I came here to get away from Harry and to get a bit to eat. Would you believe it that I immediately found a parking stall right outside and then unbelievably stumbled across my long-lost best friend? What is the next good thing that will happen to me today?"

"Well, Jennie, I walked here from my condo to get some exercise and food. If you give me a ride to my place, I'll cook us some lunch. I'm not a bad cook, trust me."

"Okie-dokie! The way to this Korean girl's heart is through her stomach! And we haven't chow do together in a long time. Let me pick up some wine, and off we go."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Oh, my god, Lee, your place is...fantastic! It's so ultra-modern but yet homey, inviting, and warm...so much like you. A two-bedroom unit -- one for a bedroom and the other for a computer workroom. Not too shabby. But above all, your place is clean and neat unlike the pig-sty that my boyfriend's ratty apartment. You don't see his mess because Harry hides it behind a large curtain when we're recording.

"And, Jeez, the lunch you whipped up was superb. You weren't lying when you said that you could cook. Who would have thought that my Lee would become so skilled in the kitchen? I envy the girl who finally snags you."

"Not unless she extinguishes the torch that I've been carrying for you all these years," I quipped as my digital camera whizzed away, taking candid images of Jennie. Caught up in the moment, Jennie coyly posed for me, starting with the cute and progressing to the rather provocative images that she always teased me with.

What I couldn't bring myself to tell Jennie was that the guiding principle for everything about my place was 'Would this please Jennie?' While I dated, my female companions could never compare to the memories of my moments shared with Jennie. I told myself that I had a bad case of unrequited love and a borderline obsession, and yet, I just couldn't help myself. Watching her lounge around my place through my camera that whizzed away and hearing her voice and laughter once again, I realized that I was drawn to Jennie in the same way that she was drawn to bad boys... such a sad and if not thoroughly depressing commentary.

"Lee, thank you for the lovely afternoon of rediscovery and discovery. I really must be going because Harry had a mean temper and gets nasty when he's been drinking and watching online porn. If I stay away any longer...well...things could get rather unpleasant...mainly for me.

"But, before I go, give me your cell phone. There...I input my contact information on your phone and put yours on mine. Let's not be strangers, Lee. You're too dear to me...and I have sorely missed you throughout the years."

Hugging Jennie to me, I tried desperately to memorize every detail of her petite body. Then pulling away, I gazed into her beautify Asian eyes and mumbled, "I here, Jennie. Just call or drop by...anytime. You know how much I love you."

Jennie's arms wrapped themselves around my neck pulled me to her waiting lips. Her kiss was tender and yet, sensuously promising. "I love you too, Lee. I wish I wasn't so messed up...so that I can appreciate you more. But -- I can't right now. So, please be my friend as you always have been. I'm so sorry that I haven't been there for you...but maybe someday...but no promises." And with that said, Jennie once again slipped out of my life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The weeks turn into months and perhaps it was my imagination (or wishful thinking) that with every video session involving Jennie, she appeared more withdrawn and not involved in the mania that Harry created. While she tried to show that she was loving and supportive of him, somehow it seemed contrived. Maybe it was my imagination (or wishful thinking ), but Jennie seemed to become more and more shocked and disturbed by Harry's shenanigans and at times, genuinely appalled at his borderline x-rate humor.

"Lee!" blurted Jennie through my cell phone as she sobbed emotionally, "Can I come over! Please! I need someplace to...oh, please!" When I told Jennie to just come over, she hung up and left me to wonder what had happened.

Twenty minutes later there was an urgent knocking on my door and when I opened it, there was a crying Jennie, disheveled with mascara running. Throwing herself into my arms, she wept, "Oh, Lee, the fucking son-of-a-bitch, hit me! He actually hit me! None of my other loser boyfriends ever laid a hand on me...only Harry, the goddamn mother-fucker!"

I lifted her chin and brushing away her hair, gasped as I saw the makings of a black eye on Jennie's high cheekbone next to her left eye. Seeing my shock, Jennie whimpered, "It's bad, isn't it? Harry punched me so hard that he knocked me down and made me see stars. I don't know how I grabbed my bag and jumped into my car...the only thing I could think of was to get away before he hit me again." With a startled look on her face, Jennie then weakly whispered, "I'll have a black eye, won't I? I'll be so ugly..."

Calming her down and ushering her to my recliner, I got from the refrigerator one of the gel packs that I used when I overworked a muscle at the gym. "Lay back and gently put this over your eye and cheek. It'll reduce the swelling and minimize any bruising. With any luck, you'll only have a little mouse on your cheek that hopefully will fade quickly."

"But, Lee, what am I going to do? I left everything at Harry's, and have only my bag and the clothes on my back. I can't go out looking like I was physically abused...even if I was. I don't have a place to stay...and I don't...."

"Jennie, our recent meeting was no coincidence -- it was meant to be. First of all, you will stay here and I'll take care of you. Hey, isn't that what best friends are for? As for your stuff...well...it's not important at this time. If your asshole of a boyfriend...what a gutless-wonder...should trash your things, don't worry. Things can be replaced...you can't."

"Okay, Lee, thanks. I'll listen to you because you have practical hands-on experience taking care of me whenever I've done one of my pathetic 'crash-and-burns.' I should have seen this coming. Our relationship was getting unstable and tense, but I kept hoping that we were just going through a phase. Maybe I finally got some sense knocked into me that what we had was long gone.

"Harry's a moody guy who can use his wit and sarcasm to really put down people, especially me. This was happening more frequently whenever I warned him that his dark sense of humor was pushing YouTube's censorship guidelines. But like all bad boys, Harry didn't like to be told that he couldn't do something and had to poke and prod authority to get a rise out of it.

"Well, it finally happened when our site got 'demonetized' by YouTube, essentially cutting us off from money-making capability. Harry flew into a rage that was fueled by his drinking. He ranted about YouTube but since it is some invisible corporation, Harry took it out on me. He's always been verbally abusive and sometimes sexually abusive, but this was the first time that Harry was physically abusive."

"Jennie, I hope you are not thinking that tonight is a one-time thing. Harry hit you, and if you go back to him, sooner or later he'll do it again. I hope you have no intention of putting yourself in harm's way again...and that Harry is now your 'ex.'

"But, let's not worry about that for now. Once you get your things back, he'll be a closed chapter in your life. Until then, you'll make do with what you have...and can use anything of mine until you get your stuff back. You won't have to go out until your shiner is gone 'cuz I'll be your errand boy."

Smiling at me, Jennie sighed, "What would I do without you in my life, Lee? You've been there so many times to pick up the pieces of a broken me..." And with that Jennie sat up to give me a light peck on the lips.

"Well...I'll send you my bill when this whole sorted affair is over. Until then, help me change the bed linen so you can get sleep in it."

"Nah, Lee, your leather recliner is perfect for my small body. I'll sleep in it with a light blanket if you have one. And if you have a t-shirt that I could use, I'd like to change out of these clothes since they are all that I have."

"Up to you, Jennie. Why don't you take a shower? Fresh towels are in the bathroom closet and I think you'll find a new toothbrush there too. Oh, try not to wash your cheek with hot water. You need to use the ice pack to stop the swelling and look beautiful in your eyes again...you know that you are always beautiful in my eyes."

"Oooh, Lee, why do you always have to be so darn nice to me. You know that I could get used to you treating me so nicely."

"That's part of the plan, my dear. Now take a shower while I find that spare blanket and a sheet to cover the recliner."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thirty-minutes later, Jennie reappeared from the bathroom clad in one of my V-neck white t-shirts. "You know, Lee, I never realized until now just how big and tall you are. When I used to scrounge one of Harry's old medium-size t-shirts, it was like wearing a mini-skirt. But in your extra-large shirts...well...it's like wearing a very roomy muumuu. Hmmm, I bet watch that this neckline doesn't slide off my shoulders. Wouldn't want to flash you too much, would I?" joked Jennie.

I laughed but my eyes quickly noted the twin titty-bumps in her t-shirt front and the subtle underlying jiggle when Jennie laughed. When she bent over draped a sheet over the recliner, no visible panty-lines could be seen where the thin t-shirt material stretch across her inviting buns and thighs.

"No bra? No panties? Jennie...commando? Yeah!"

But my gaze became rivet to her freshly washed face. Stripped of her always tastefully done makeup, Jennie had a natural kind of loveliness that made her seem child-like, vulnerable, and sweet. Jennie suddenly noticed my gaze and gasped, "Gee, Lee. I hope I didn't shock you too much. I think this is the first time you've seen me without any makeup."

"You're...pretty, Jennie, without the cosmetics. You don't need to put the glam on me to be attractive to me. But I don't think my heart can take any more 'discoveries' tonight. Make yourself at home. Turn of your cell phone, keep that ice pack on for twenty-minutes, and get a good night's sleep."

"Yes, boss!" snapped Jennie as she saluted me smartly before breaking out in a smile. "Gee, Lee, I never knew you were so bossy."

"I'm only bossy when it comes to looking out for you. Now go to sleep...good night, And Jennie...I'm glad you came over."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning, I got up early and while doing my bathroom routine, I couldn't help but notice her skimpy washed bra and panties draped over the shower rod and her clothes hanging on one of the door hooks. Changing into my jogging clothes, I headed for the door when I saw that the blanket had slipped partially from the recliner and a soundly sleeping Jennie. As I was about to cover her, I noticed that her t-shirt hem had worked its way up her bent and parted legs.

Time and my heart stopped as there before my startled eyes saw Jennie's fully-exposed quim. Under a small tuff of dark pubic hairs were her shaven fleshy pussy lips formed an enticing slit from which her clitoral hood and inner folds gently protruded. When I remembered to breathe, I carefully covered Jennie and quickly exited the apartment. Breaking into a feverishly pace and with the noticeable bulge in the front of my shorts, I tried desperately to burn off the raging desires that coursed through my body.

I felt as if I had run a half-marathon by the time, I staggered through my condo door. I had expected to find Jennie up and about but instead found her curled up the recliner clutching her stomach and moaning. "Jennie! What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"No...ooh, shit, when it rains, it pours for me! Of all of the times to have my monthly period, my lousy body decides that now is a good time. Lee, I'm sorry but I stained your bed sheet and t-shirt before I was aware that I was flowing. I had to use a handkerchief from your drawer as a makeshift sanitary napkin, but I bled through and stained my panties. Can you please go to the drug store and pick me up a box of tampons and a bottle of Midol Complete? Please hurry, Lee?"

After quickly changing into a fresh set of clothes, I rushed to the Walgreens that was two blocks away. There I had to ask and endure the guarded response of a salesclerk as to what was a popular brand of tampons, where the Midol was, and if the store sold panties. Hoping I made the right selections, I hurried back to find Jennie still curled up on the recliner, looking pale and with her bloodstain more noticeable.

"Help me to the bathroom, Lee. I need to take a couple of Midols to cut the cramping and get a tampon in me before I make your place look like a bloody murder scene. If you could get me another t-shirt, I'd appreciate it. What? You bought me panties... bikini briefs...small? Remind me to kiss you later. Oooh, shit!"

While Jennie was in the bathroom, I got another t-shirt and told her through the door that it was draped over the bathroom knob. I heard a weak 'thanks' before the shower started. Gathering the stained bed sheet and handkerchief, I stain-treated them before soaking them in a bucket. My recliner was then thoroughly wiped down and disinfected before being covered with another sheet. I managed to find the hot water bottle and fill it when Jeannie staggered out of the bathroom with her stained t-shirt.

12