Night Games Pt. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not so. There are two people who will plead for La Contessa to show mercy. I can talk to them. But depending on her decision, Oui, the two of you may also need someone who will get word to your governments that you are here and alive."

Alice realized that Luc was offering to do just that, and this was the best one they'd get. Franz held his wrists together for Luc to put cuffs on. She did the same.

"I guess we're lucky you were the one to catch us." She said with a weak smile.

Luc led the pair and the Ultimados to the APC. They went peacefully.

* * *

Spencer found himself alone at the commercial end of the docks. Maybe he could find a fishing crew who was setting out early and stow away.

"Please stop." A voice behind him commanded, but still said please.

Spencer obeyed and turned to face the woman who'd given the command.

"Hi, my name's Susan Bailey." She told him. "You're Lone Star, right?"

"That's right." Spencer answered. "You're one of the Contessa's coven, aren't you?"

"Yeah, but I'm a nice one. Some of your friends..." The sounds of broken glass and a man's scream came from nearby. "Aren't as lucky as you."

"I'm in deep shit, ain't I?" Spencer asked.

"Reckon so." Susan answered. "You poked around in Helen's computer. Don't call her that. Only a few people get to. Who knows what other information you plucked from it? She's going to want to know everything you learned. We're talking about a full-on mind probe here. Not like a Vulcan Mind Meld, she's got this machine she straps people into."

Susan saw him start shaking.

"Hey, hey." She reassured him. "I'm just having some fun because I don't usually get to be involved in this part of her life. Look, I'm going to take you back, Helen's going to put you through some shit; there's no getting around that, and then she's going to decide what to do with you. I'm someone you want on your side when that time comes."

She stepped closer.

"I should also let you know that the only reason she's letting me come out here like this is because Ultimado snipers are watching our every move. Turns out only movie snipers use laser sights, so that's why you're not seeing little red dots all over yourself. Real snipers don't advertise like that. So, I'd advise you to do the smart thing. You can move now."

Spencer looked at her. He leaned closer and looked at a badge pinned to her jacket. A silver delta with a gold oval behind it.

"Is that a Next Gen combadge?" He asked.

Susan smiled and tapped it. The badge chirped.

"Works, too. Wore it in a picture with Patrick Stewart."

Spencer raised his hands all the way above his head.

"That's not necessary, Spencer. They won't shoot unless you try to run or hurt me. Tell you what: you know those nudes La Contessa was talking about? Come along quietly, and I'll let you look at one of them. On my phone, no recording devices. I'll pick a good one."

Spencer lowered his arms. Not sure what else to do with them, he put them behind his back.

"You made the smart choice. That sort of thing goes over well with Helen. Now, come on. TELL me you don't want to go check out the fight that's going on right now."

Spencer admitted that he did. They went back to rejoin the group. Spencer had one last question.

"Can I see the Patrick Stewart picture too?"

* * *

Morris tried not to worry about Gordon. They'd been split up, so he made for the parking lot, knowing Gordon would probably plan to steal a car.

"Freeze!" A man's voice said from up ahead. Troy Equals stepped out of the shadows. "Hi, Morris, is it? I'm Troy. We didn't get to meet at the castle earlier. I was on the other side of that door."

"W-what are you going to do to me?"

"I read Interpol's file on you, Morris. I know you have some anxiety issues, and I think that's why Helen decided I should be the one to bring you in. So, the first thing I'm going to do, Morris, is tell you to relax."

He made that last word a command. Morris felt the tension and terror within him disappear.

"You've just done what eight years of therapy couldn't." Morris told him.

"I'm full of surprises. I hear you've got a best friend who means the world to you. I've got one of those too." A woman's scream, followed by the sounds of metal clashing against metal resonated through the air. "And that's the sound of MY best friend beating up YOUR best friend. Right now, I need to be there to stop her from killing him, and he's definitely going to need your help when she's done. So, why don't you just make this as peaceful as possible and come back with me?"

Morris couldn't argue with that. He followed Troy back to the docks.

* * *

The dock Oscar Dodge had been running down came to a dead end. When he stopped and turned around, a mountain of a man was approaching him. He stopped and leaned against a post, catching his breath.

"Ok." He told the approaching shadow. "I'm too old for this running shit and I'm not that good a swimmer, so I give up."

"Pleases me that I'm not gonna have to use this, then." Nigel Mander told him back, patting the gun in his holster. "I mean, how would that look if I was the guy who shot Oscar Dodge?"

Oscar looked at the large man, puzzled for a second, while he listened to the distant sounds of a man screaming and people alternately cheering and begging someone to stop. Then he remembered something Morris had said.

"And you're Nigel Mander, aren't you? I've heard of you, too."

"Prefer just Mander, thanks. And that's an honor, that is."

Oscar reached into his pocket and pulled out a stack of €500 notes. He held it out to Mander.

"Don't suppose I could interest you in letting me go?"

"Nah." Mander countered. "I appreciate the offer, though. Mainly because Her Countessness doubles any I get. I know she ain't gonna go as hard on you as the others. Hell, she'll probably invite you in for a cuppa. Proper one, not like The Swede's. So, why don't we go back, and I'll tell her how easy you made it?"

Oscar accepted. He put the money back in his pocket. If Mander wasn't going to take it, he might as well keep it.

"What's she going to do to Tracy? The girl's going to fall on her sword for us."

"Tell Her Countessness your concerns. I know they'll matter."

Mander took Oscar to rejoin the rest.

* * *

Tracy made for a service road. A late-night lorry driver seeing a woman fleeing from someone in the night might give her a lift out of here. She considered other possible escape plans as she ran, aware that in the darkness behind her was another pair of running feet. A pair that was gaining on hers.

"Don't move!" Helen commanded her. "Turn and face me."

Tracy did as she commanded.

"Amazing." She remarked. "I thought your voice would change or I'd hear it echoing in my head as something I was unable to disobey, but no. I just couldn't think of a reason not to stop and turn around. I am at your mercy, Helena."

"Entirely." Helen agreed. "Now, where is my stuff?"

"I've got the pendant." Sensing that, since being given the order to turn and face her, she could now move, Tracy reached out and offered it to her. "The letter and the Star are in my cabin on the boat. Nobody else has read it. I've only told them that I know."

"I'll decide what you and they know and don't know, Tracy. But yes, Julie made that, and she'll want it back."

In the distance, a bullhorn activated. The voice of the Generalissimo asking Senora Equals to please stand down emanated from it. Helen looked over her shoulder in that direction, frowned, and turned back to Tracy. She hadn't attempted to flee in Helen's moment of inattention.

"I was going to further demonstrate my power by making you hop like a bunny back to the others, but I'm needed to break that up, so let's go."

Helen returned to stop her first girlfriend from killing a man. Tracy returned to be tossed into the back of the Ultimados' APC with her friends.

12