Night-Wolves Ch. 01

Story Info
Major Kirra and team is set abroad on a strange mission.
3.7k words
4.34
2.9k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first story that I've decided to post on Literotica. please be mindful that this is mostly unedited. Any spelling, grammar or other mistakes are own. feedback, constructive criticism and other comments greatly welcomed

This story is set to be a slow burner, this chapter is simply world-building with no sex or erotica (yet) places, people, setting are all fictional. with that out of the way, onto Night Wolves chapter 1!

*

It was a strange mission, stranger still at the intelligence briefing that she was given, thankfully she had time to study it enroute from the states. Unfortunately, some of the louder members of her team were not really taking the sudden and very strange mission with the level of professionalism that one would expect from a team like hers. As evidenced by the harried look of the poor intelligence officer who was accompanying them.

"Listen. Look...Jesus christ. The information that I can give you is in the dossiers that you all have! No! I can't explain further! No, for the last time I can tell you that you are not hunting vampires!" came the exasperated voice of the intel officer, she sighed before clearing her throat.

"Gentlemen.. Don't make me come back there" she stated firmly, relaxing against the plush leather seat, looking about the cabin. The interior was a mix of both flat, roller style flooring and plush, cream coloured leather seats. At the rear was the roller-floor, a single cargo netted pallet covered the rear, atop of the pallet was stacked the team's gear-bags, hastily tossed atop of the pallet before the jet had left, the team's weapons were in soft, black rifle bags, stacked loosely on one of the plush chairs towards the rear of the aircraft.

She sighed as she rubbed at her eyes, shaking her head some as she shifted about in the chair, trying to get comfortable, she noted that the rest of her team either sleeping, talking with one another or to her slight disdain- now quietly arguing with the intel officer, with a barely audible grumble she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, figuring that she would get shut eye in now as she didnt know how long it would be till she was able to sleep again during this particular mission.

---

She was jerked awake from her sleep by a series of jerks and bounces, she looked about quickly, becoming more alert as the pilot came over the intercom, announcing they were due to land soon, she was keenly aware that the place that they were due to land was left out of the announcement.

The rest of her team were beginning to rouse, looking about as they stretched in the seats, it didn't take long for them to also catch onto what the pilot had announced, this in turn caused the team to begin to loudly speculate where on earth did they were landing, a couple of her team glaring playfully at the intelligence officer, who blanched, their eyes widening. Causing her team to laugh at the officer's expression, she joined the laughter with a chuckle before looking at the officer with a smile.

"I wouldn't worry about them, they don't bite much" the officer nodded slowly and gave another glance about the cabin before looking out the window, doing their best to ignore the company they were keeping. The laughs and joking died down as the team realized they were coming into land proper, the cabin shook as the plane landed, the engines whined as the pilot shifted thrust, slowing the plane rapidly before it began to taxi off the runway.

The plane came to a smooth stop, the pilots switching the engines off as the team stood and stretched, the intel officer springing up out of their seat, going for the door, pushing it open and down, moving out of the plane, the team slowly following suit after, glad to be able to stretch their legs after the flight from Washington DC.

The team slowly stepped down out of the jet, to find a small group of men waiting for them. She looked from face to face, taking in the uniform and the feeling that she got from each. She grunted as she looked upon them, it was clear that one was an high ranking officer accompanied by a man who looked upon the team and the plane with a look of casual respect and professionalism wearing a pair of multicam trousers, combat boots and a tucked in multicam undershirt. one was dressed casually, simply wearing jeans, a loose faded grey t-shirt and a brown leather bomber jacket, looking passively at the the plane and the team that were in front of him. Finally there was the couple who were wearing casual pants and shirts and looked distinctively out of place where they stood with the group.

"Welcome to RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom. I'm sure Lieutenant Williams went over the dossier with you all on the way over here, first. Let me apologize for the cloak and dagger trip from the states, much of this is 'need to know' and now that you are all here, i am able to have you 'in the know' so to speak.

This is Colonel Karl Collins, USAF. with him is Captain Jason Kelly, Delta. I am Johns, CIA, and the two others are Drs Drews and Fredricks, PhD. for now you and your gear will be unloaded from the plane, Kelly over here will sort you out with your gear and anything else you need operationally, Colonel Collins will be your go to for anything you need on this base.

You'll have a chance to shower, sleep, eat. Whatever you need to do. Time is currently...22:25 local. You are going to be fully briefed on your mission by 10:00 hours tomorrow." Spoke Johns in a cool manner, addressing herself and her team, before walking away, Colonel Collins and Captain Kelly both then approached the team. Both giving each of the team a nod and a handshake before the Colonel nodded to her.

"Major Kirra, I've heard good things about you and your team. Trust the CIA not to tell you anything, keeping things secret till you have crossed the fucking pond, follow me, the Captain, we'll get you sorted." they all nodded before they followed the pair from the hanger where the plane parked.

--

"Eugh, fucking hell... Major, what the fuck are we doing here.. I swear this is all bullshit. I mean.. What the hell, since when does the CIA or whoever the fuck toss a Delta team across the atlantic, on a fucking VIP transport, with gear no less. Like. what the literal fuck?" griped James, Kirra's trusted second in charge in the team. Kirra snorted and laughed, slapping James on the back as the pair entered the soundproofed briefing room, the rest of their team sprawled out on comfortable looking chairs, waiting for the briefing to begin.

James quietened down as he slumped on a chair, sighing as they all waited for the briefing. A few minutes later, it was a joint affair by the CIA spook- Johns and Colonel Collins.

The room quietened down as Colonel Collins stood at the front of the room, regarding the team in front of him before he began the briefing.

"Alright, since everyone is here, let's get this started. The mission that you are to undertake is codenamed 'Operation Red-Spear' It involves one of our NATO partner nations bordering Russia- Valdoria.

Since Valdoria was accepted into NATO some years ago, the nation has rapidly increased its overall involvement with other NATO members, specifically the United Kingdom and The United States. Considering that it shares a major border with Russia, it isn't a terrible surprise. Now Russia hasn't made any overt statements of displeasure at this arrangement, however it is highly suspected that Russian special forces have made several investigative probing attempts across sovereign borders in order to discover weak points and other strategic points along the border if they ever so need it.

Some months ago it was first reported that Veldorian military scientists had begun to formulate a combat drug that would enhance their soldiers in combat scenarios, the Veldorian government at the time was very quiet on the topic and more or less refused to allow outside nations be both involved in the development of this drug or know much about it. In the months that followed, it has seemed that the Veldorian government and military have moved onto later stages of development, specifically volunteer human trials.

We only know of this due to both the United Kingdom and United States putting pressure on the Veldorians to disclose both the development and the application of this drug, at least to hold the nation responsible." Collins finished, sighing as he rubbed his eyes slowly before continuing with his briefing.

"The reason why you are getting this briefing, that you have been selected for this operation is simple. The Veldorian government has agreed to have US military observers in the country, to both inspect the active development of this combat drug, as well as to provide an opportunity for the US government to be involved in the development. Now. That is the official, above table briefing.

The unofficial, black-book briefing is two fold, your team are to if possible assess the progress of this combat drug, the validity of the drug in a combat environment and report back to command, the President and the Joint Chiefs are concerned that such a drug could fall out of control of the Veldorian government and military and into the control of 'adversarial nations or parties'

We are not the UN, this is a very atypical operation that has been given to your team, Johns and myself understand that, I am pretty certain that the Joint Chiefs and the President feel the same way. Regardless, orders are orders and we need to obtain the information that the Veldorians can provide... are there any questions" Collins finished, sighing heavily as he looked at most of the team raising their hands.

---

Major Naomi Kirra sighed as she and her team left the briefing room more than an hour later, they were due to board an unmarked cargo aircraft in a few hours beginning the strange operation they have found themselves due to conduct.

Given the handful of hours they had before they were deemed 'wheels up' the team cut a beeline to the armory on the base specifically reserved for Special Operations and their gear, here they found their gear bags stowed in a large dressing like room with a long steel bench in the middle, a thick rubber mat was screwed into the top of the bench, on the bench was a set of olive green ammunition containers, alongside it was a small pile of empty magazines, with a handful of ammunition pouches for the squad machine guns a couple of her team carried.

It took the better part of an hour for the team to load their allocated magazines and stuff them into the bulky load bearing vests that each member wore, spare magazines, radios, earplugs, medical supplies, cable ties, glow sticks and an assortment of other gear were also attached, stowed or otherwise on each member, once that task was completed, all of the gear was stowed into each respective members bay in the gear room before the team- lead by Major Naomi Kirra moved off towards the mess hall, for a meal before they were due to depart.

The meal was filling, conversation from the team was light, Naomi knew that they still had questions to the mission they were going to be undertaking yet still they knew better than to loudly mouth off sensitive information where non team members could hear. As the meal continued conversation slowly struck up again, members of her team wondering what the drug was for, one member, Rick Maros was convinced that it was an anabolic steroid, designed to bulk up soldiers, to allow them to carry heavier loads. He continued to argue his case well after they had left the mess-hall, having returned to the ready room and were in the process of gearing themselves up. Naomi sighed as she stepped slowly to the front of the room, looking about before clearing her throat. Rick immediately stopped his impassioned argument.

"Alright, Ladies and Gentlemen. We once again find ourselves about to go down range once more, we all have been briefed on our tasking, we all know what we need to do. Once we are down range we look out for one another, we do not leave anyone behind- no matter what, you all have my word on that." Naomi spoke firmly, locking eyes with each member of her eight person team, they all knew the mission, they looked ready. She nodded and grunted.

"Alright then, rock'n' roll!" she declared, moving over to her bay and grabbing her rifle, looping the strap over her body as she strode out of the room, her team following close behind.

As they entered the hanger for where they were told to be staged before the aircraft arrived they found to be oddly busy, more than a few people dressed in both civilian and camouflage moved about with purpose, there was a set of three large pallets in the centre of the hanger, one she noted as herself and her team got closer was a pallet of mixed food, water and medical supplies, all in cardboard boxes, wrapped in layers of clear packing wrap with a heavy black webbing securing the cargo to the pallet. While the other two were in the process of being made flight ready.

They watched as the two pallets were being loaded, checked, rechecked and inventoried, one of the pallets carried a large number of bulky, polished steel boxes, each box was double locked before being neatly placed and stacked on the pallet, while the other carried a pair of server racks and other equipment, once both were loaded, they were given the same treatment at the other pallet, package wrapped and webbed down to the pallet.

As the team were waiting a unimog truck slowly pulled into the hanger, coming to a stop behind the row of pallets, the driver looked over at Naomi and her team with a glance before jerking a thumb at the truck.

"The Colonel figured you could do with some transport, we pulled this one out of the motorpool, its all fueled and ready to go, oh. Before I forget we tossed the rest of the gear that you came over here with in the back, good luck out there" Naomi slowly nodded, looking over the truck with interest, as did the rest of her team, she pulled herself up to the cab and looked inside, turning about before jumping down

"Odd that we are given this as transport, but we'll take it. Alright, lets stage up here. Aircraft should be here sharpish"

The aircraft in question came several minutes later, the engines roaring as it came to a stop some distance from the hanger, before the engines were cut off to facilitate the loading of the cargo, the rear clamshell ramp slowly parting as once more the hanger bustled with activity, the team stood slowly and made their way over to the aircraft, a flight suited man stood on the rear ramp, watching them as they approached.

"Ah. you must be the Americans we are here to pick up along with some other cargo. I'm Warrant officer Tymon Koper, the load-master for this flight, please come aboard" spoke the man with passable english, Naomi nodded as she led her team into the aircraft, finding some seats in the middle as they waited for the plane to be loaded.

The cargo loading took the better part of an hour, each pallet was inspected by Tymon, and checked over with the ground crew as they tightened each pallet to the floor of the aircraft, the truck also received the same treatment, but with thick chains both on the front and the back to ensure it wasn't going to be moved in flight, once done the ground crews left the aircraft and returned to the hanger with Tymon once more checking over the pallets and truck.

The engines rumbled to life, soon becoming a loud roar as the plane spooled up to leave the airbase, Naomi had already slipped in a pair of earbuds into her ears and was listening to music when she was pushed gently by James, indicating to pull the earbuds out of her ears, which she did.

"What is it?!" she yelled over the sound of the engine where James pointed towards the rear, where to her surprise the two PhD doctors from before were jogging up the ramp, nodding to Tymon who returned the nod, lifting the tail of the plane, which slowly began to move as the two doctors moved towards the team, dressed in long cargo trousers, long sleeve tactical shirts and hiking shoes, each had a heavy looking backpack as the pulled them off, pushing them under two empty seats near the team, who looked at them with open wonder

"Oh..oh please dont fucking tell me were are babysitting you two as well on this op.." loudly proclaimed, John Williams- Naomi's team paramedic, to which both Drs looked wide eyed, one had opened their mouths to respond but had the engines of the plane open up even louder as the entire plane shook violently- the lumbering plane was taking off, Naomi simply shook her head and resolved to corner one of the doctors quietly and get to the bottom of this new mystery that seemingly she was having in spades.

The flight, Naomi found was like any other she had taken before with the military- loud and boring as hell, her team were near all asleep, except for Williams, who was alert and looking about, they looked at each other and nodded, even in route her team was taking watches, being vigilant- even more now that they were riding in a foreign military's transport going to said foreign military's country of origin. Even if they were considered friendly. She noted that both doctors didnt share her view as they were both seemingly sound asleep, each sporting a pair of bright orange earplugs in their ears.

---

Naomi watched as Rick kicked at the doctors shoes, simultaneously waking and scaring them as he glared down at them before yelling over the sound of the engines "We are on final approach, get yourself sorted!" they nodded rapidly as they looked about the plane, their eyes wide as they hurriedly checked themselves over as Rick returned to his seat, smirking at Naomi who simply shook her head.

They landed with a heavy thump, hearing the engines whine as they slowed, then taxied to a stop a few minutes later, Tymon getting up out of his seat and moving to the back, lowering the ramp, Naomi and her team stood to follow, she looked over at the two doctors that were now with them.

"Rick, James. Stick with the doctors. Make sure they don't go wandering off." she ordered firmly, both Rick and James nodded as they waited till the two doctors stood cautiously, walking with the team to the rear of the plane where they were greeted by three flatbed military trucks, some forklifts and several armed men milling about the trucks. Naomi paused on the ramp, looking about at their surroundings before stepping off the ramp and onto the tarmac.

One of the soldiers wearing a black beret came up to her and her team as they stood passively to one side, watching as the plane was unloaded by forklift, the pallets being carefully loaded onto the backs of each truck.

"Americans, it is good to see you, welcome to Veldoria, i am Major Alex Kapur. I trust that your flight was uneventful?" Naomi nodded and extended a hand for him to shake, she smiled politely in return "Major Naomi Kirra, its good to meet you as well Major"

The major grunted and nodded, looking over at the progress of the cargo being unloaded, turning back to Naomi, having noticed that a olive green unimog was slowly being pushed out of the plane

"I see that we don't need to provide transport for you and your team, Major. In that case id need to show you our route to where we are going. I'll assign you a navigator as well so you are not lost in my fine country." She nodded in agreement, smirking as she chuckled, looking at her fellow officer.

"Ha, yeah. That would be a news story wouldn't it? So to make that not happen, show me where we are heading- please. Major. I am sure you and I share the same thought of not desiring to be stuck on this airstrip for any longer than we need yes?"

It was about twenty minutes later when Naomi pulled herself up into the cab of the unimog, looking over at the 'volunteer' who was going to be driving herself and her team in the convoy to the outpost that the Major had said they were going off to, deep in the Military training area that the Veldorian government had established long ago. She sighed to herself the driver looked fresh faced, and young, no more than late twenties was her guess, to make it even better she found out that he didn't speak great english, so she was forced to resort to her passable Polish to get herself by. The rest of the team plus the two doctors were riding in the back, sat on the flat and unforgiving bench seats.

12