Nigkala Tales Pt. 14: The Heights of Ecstasy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I quickly found the right currents and soon was actually higher than the summit. But it allowed me to go farther from the mountain quickly. With no time constraint, I could take my time, and keep altitude as long as I could. Kathmandu is about one hundred miles away, and it took me three hours to go the distance. When I called air traffic control, they congratulated me and asked where I was going.

"I am headed to land at your airport. However, I would prefer to not contend with the other flights I see. I am in a hang glider, so cannot ascend easily, but I can land on a helipad or even a patch of ground. Please advise."

"Checking... You are not listed."

"I know. I did not know when I would be leaving, but I should have clearance."

"Found it. Unusual. Still, you do have clearance. Let's see where we can slot you."

As I closed, I was given a path and location to land. I was met by a luggage carrier and a pair of security officers. They asked me to go with them, as there were some irregularities. I looked them in the eye and said, "Okay, as soon as I pack up the glider." Twenty minutes later, I placed the glider, the body bag, and my backpack on the carrier, and we all went to the terminal.

As expected, the irregularities were minor, and when they learned that I had sent the pocket industries, they decided not to press charges. They did tell me to stay overnight, as there were several others that needed to see me. I asked if I could collect my travel gear, and ship off my current gear. They decided to drive me to the storage place, where I picked up my luggage. I sent the glider back to Red Horizons, so they could evaluate it, and see how it performed. I also sent the log I made about it. My next stop was the airport hotel to clean up and change, putting my expedition outfit in the backpack. I shipped it home, as I figured I could auction everything in it off to support some cause. I was not dressed in skimpy clothing, but rather almost normal clothes. It didn't take long for the paparazzi to realize that I was here, and had just come from the mountain.

One meeting was with the head of the Ministry of Tourism. He brought my certificate of accomplishment for climbing Mount Everest, and he also thanked me for saving the life of my fellow climber. He wanted a picture with me, but was unhappy about the staging until I suggested he stand, and I sit. That worked, and even allowed him to place a medal around my neck for saving a life. That it also let him look down my shirt was just a bonus. Another meeting was with the Minister of Economic Development. This woman thanked me for my pocket industries. In the short time they had been here, they have already proved themselves in promoting rural development. She asked me many details about the cost, and how she could get these for elsewhere in her country. She also wanted to know about other uses of electricity that could happen. I gave her contact information to the foundation, and said, as a non-profit, she would likely be able to get these at a discount, but her task would be to clear up red tape. She left happy.

Due to my sudden arrival, I could not get a plane to England until the next day. Having a frozen body in tow made it even more interesting. The paperwork on this side was eased by my celebrity for climbing the mountain, and on the London side by my aura of authority I used. I called John to meet me at the airport. I told him to come via public transport. He met me at the luggage area.

"Hello Becky Sue. What brings you here?"

"Remember I said I would do what I could about Jack?"

"Yes."

"I am awaiting one last delivery, but it will arrive later."

"What are waiting for?"

"Please sit with me over here." I patted a seat next to me. He looked at me oddly, but sat. "I have recovered Jack's body. Here is the family ring." I placed the ring in his hand.

"What!?" He sat stunned, and would have fallen had he been standing.

"Be at peace. Your family is whole now." I then pulled him close and hugged him. Soon I felt him sobbing quietly. "Customs need some time to deal with the body, and it won't be released for a day or so, but it is here. Your pain can now heal."

Quietly, he agreed, saying, "Yes. Thank you. Thank you."

When he settled down, I suggested we leave for my hotel. He nodded and followed me. I got a cab, and we went to my room. "I know this is sudden, but I could not allow you to wait more than needed. Is there someone to contact about laying Jack to rest?"

"The family church."

I got the contact info, and spent a few hours ironing out the details. They were rather surprised Jack's body had been recovered, but were able to handle things. I explained his frozen body would soon be delivered to a local funeral home for holding, while we decided the proper course. They could handle preparing the body, or another could. I asked the church what had happened the last time someone in his family had passed. Turns out that was two decades ago, and they didn't have records. I asked John what his wishes were. Eventually, I learned a quiet ceremony, with his closest friends, was desired.

While John made the decisions, he let me do all the legwork. I contacted Sally, the anthropologist I met at the wake, and got her to assist me with the details. The ceremony was a few days later at the church, followed by a slow walk to the family gravesite. While I was offered a place as a pallbearer, I declined due to my size disparity. That evening, I took him home, and I could see his pain had diminished greatly, and I believed it would depart soon. I told him I would leave in the morning.

Two days later, I was home telling Filipe about my adventure. He left my backpack in my office, as he didn't know what to do with it. I told him I would auction off the contents, and also the backpack, with certificates of authenticity to raise funds for some charity, eventually. My certificate of going to the summit would be placed with my other awards in the downstairs theater.

I did a number of interviews, on television, radio, and for magazines, but the capstone was the documentary that National Geographic did on me. I highlighted the skills of Rick Graves, as my teacher of mountain climbing. I also demonstrated the hang glider tent I used. Red Horizons got a plug from this. At the end of the documentary, they awarded me the Adventurer of the Year, for my part of the expedition. I think I had the most fun with the Playboy interview. They had me wear my expedition clothes, and do a strip for their photographer. But the best part was that they used my summit flash as the cover.

Unexpectedly, the pocket industry was rather profitable. And I wound up traveling the world as the spokeswoman for them.

But that is another story...