All Comments on 'No Cake'

by Wandering_Mongol

Sort by:
  • 266 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Now if Mary left for overseas with Kurt and needed her passport wouldn't her passport have had her married name on it... did not Kurt ever see that and get suspicious about that?... and how about when you are romancing someone don't you take them out on dates in the evening?... Mary could not do that because of the kids... was Kurt a complete idiot?... and another biggy... that ring indentation doesn't just go away when you take you rings off... its there loud and clear to give away your deception and any fool would know that.

Dubby49Dubby4910 months ago

I think that it is complete. People who want every t crossed an i dotted are just lazy and have no imagination.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

How bizarre, no way would she have gone to a wedding with her husband knowing what could happen. She would have gone alone.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was amazing. It really puts to shame all the other writers out here who are doing so much trash on this website - or it would, if they had any shame. So much time wasted, compared to somebody who can write this. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Finish the f****n story!!!

grey228grey2289 months ago

I don't get it.

RimmerdalRimmerdal9 months ago

Sigh......some of y'all need imagination. Based on ages one would conjure Mary was/is married to Michael. Had two girls. Had an affair with Kurt. Married Kurt before becoming pregnant with (His)/Their Mary.

No indication of Michael divorcing her, but one might assume it occurred under "Abandonment". There is no mention of Michael getting re-married although one could conjure/imagine he did so.

Mary heard/read about the up coming marriage of her daughter and decided to 'sneak' in.

Now she's stuck with bigamy, passing off her third daughter as Kurt's.

Oh we see a lot of legal issues, daughters donning camo gear and coming unglued.

Or maybe some of you might see a poly family. (Yeah not).

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

Masterful. I was never lost and hung on every word. Great economy in this human tragedy.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit9 months ago

I see Rimmerdal (two comments earlier) tripped over the "premature-assumption"-trap that Kurt (Michael's ex-wife's runaway lover/new"hubbby") was the bio-dad of Mary-Junior II, & had missed the "dominant Steel-grey eyes with black outlines" that MICHAEL had passed on to all THREE of his daughters, -bride Kim (then 12) Mary Junior (then 6), and of course, the THEN embryo of two months gestation growing rapidly within Mother Mary's womb, at the time she ran off from Michael, with Kurt, perhaps herself not knowing the paternity of her embryo!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Too abrupt an end - waste of time reading an incomplete story

RimmerdalRimmerdal9 months ago

DickSnugfit.

Yep I miss wrote that. I wanted to go that road but my brain made a left turn at...........well you know. Thank you for pointing that out.

It is such a rich story for the length. Works the brain well.

AllNigherAllNigher8 months ago

You packed alot into your 2800 words. Impressive and engaging. I'd love to see this fleshed out to a full story, but as a short it stands well as it is.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very interesting read. I think the wife had brass balls, to show up at the wedding uninvited. Especially without trying to get together with her girls and ex- husband first. That was a very interesting twist. I do believe, that most women would not have wanted this to be a surprise at the wedding. This tells me ex wifey had mental problems, for sure. 5 stars.

ker63469ker634698 months ago

Very enjoyable read. Definitely needs a second chapter. You packed a lot onto this short story. Now to expand on the original

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wonderful true Short Story. Utterly complete. Sadly not enough of those on Lit. Five hypernovas; maybe six.

Harryin VAHarryin VA8 months ago

arguably the BEST first story ever in the LW genre

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

Good, short and sweet

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What a story. It's always kind of saatisfyin when the former reaizes dhe relly screwed up.

shadrachtshadracht8 months ago

Good, but I'd have liked to see some of the resulting time period. This feels abandoned in the middle of rising action, with no conclusion.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill698 months ago

Ooooooh ! That hurt !

OlFrog14xOlFrog14x7 months ago

Hasselbeck either

a) can't count,

or

b) was already screwing Mary Sr. before she divorced Michael.

Whichever, he deserves what he got.

Pinto931Pinto9317 months ago

So why did she go with her new husband to the wedding? Obviously it would all come out.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Possibly the most savage one ive read yet

usaretusaret7 months ago

Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Amazing. Should be rated higher

danoctoberdanoctober6 months ago

Deserves a higher rating. Engaging.

heydog52heydog526 months ago

The writer said and explained much with few words. Great short story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Concentrated and crystallized. Very powerful and impactful. Thank you.

Calico75Calico755 months ago

Well done! Excellent story.

Pinto931Pinto9315 months ago

Good story well written but why would she take her second husband to the wedding, it was all bound to come out.

SignedBTWSignedBTW5 months ago

One Of A Very,

Very few times after reading a story where I wished for more. *****'s Signed: BTW

Dalton402Dalton4025 months ago

What happened next!?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow. Fucking fantastic

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

They’d already swapped business cards, so he didn’t need to insist on his phone number. Why would she turn up at the wedding when it was sure to blow up. But the worst thing was that she wore WHITE to a wedding.

oldtwitoldtwit4 months ago

I'm not reading these in order of posting so sorry if I repeat myself.

I love the way you have written a deeply thoughtful story, nice how you put a lot of feeling in it without a lot of the BTB writing that is on here, YET you knock it on the head on BTB still.

jocko_smithjocko_smith4 months ago

Some stories are just fun. Some stories are just sad. Some are funny.

Very few are as potent as this one. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Brutal. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was a deep, hard hitting story that really showed how selfish some people can be. They are without remorse aside from there own feelings and just as soon run you over instead of taking the time to drive around you.

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Read again. Damn good.

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon4 months ago

Mannnnn; freaking fantastic!

KRD19254KRD192544 months ago

2nd read: My gosh did Mary Sr. open a Pandora's box in attending her eldest daughters wedding.

\

BUT "will Mike get to see his youngest daughter lil-Mary and will she get to meet her two sisters? Will Mike press bigamy to gain custody of his youngest?

\

Until that moment Mike never knew he had a 3rd daughter.

\

This yearns for a sequel-part2, without, a whole drop in rating pts.

\

3.9**** hooyah

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

OMG! AMAZING first story! *****

2112literotica2112literotica4 months ago

Read this a while back, and just read it again. Gave it a 5 then, giving it a 5++ now.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Brutality can be a beautiful thing

lAnatomistelAnatomiste4 months ago

@KRD19254"

>>>Michael stopped, took a deep breath, and composed himself.

"Then we found out she was almost two months pregnant, with our third." Michael said, looking off into the distance.<<<

Mike knew.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Brilliant story, excellent timing and pacing and construction. Very well done in a very concise way. And a perfect ending. A nice breath of reality in a generally screwed up and twisted website.

hang1022hang10223 months ago

I spent the first half of the story wondering why they invited her to just destroy her. I get the need, but not at your daughter's wedding. Once I read "did you see the invite", I understood. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Superb story telling. No one wasted or unnecessary word.

LA

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

While I like it, I’m honestly more interested in Kurt’s reaction.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I like the portayal of Kurt. He seems to be an okay guy who doesn't know his wife's history since she deceits him from the beginning of their relationship. More likely, Kurt wouldn't have married her if he knew.

lujon2019lujon20193 months ago

like most halfway decent stories this one has a major plot hole everyone wants to ignore

.

.

she knew she had burned her bridges, why show up uninvited?

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Hit and run! 5FAV

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Stone cold 5 stars!!

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuy3 months ago

Even though there would not be a story without it, lujon2019 nailed it pointing out the major story flaw. Loss of a star for that.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Cold hearted bitch. 5 stars DMW aka Sumnut96

doctrptdoctrpt2 months ago

To those asking "Why show up at all?", I think the provided story shows a woman with serious, maybe even dangerous mental issues. It is, to me, no stretch that she "reasoned" she'd be welcome at the wedding, or at least forgiven. She was cold-hearted, but she was also self-enabling and clearly created her own reality and rules.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Powerful stuff. Even the second time around. I really wish the follow up had dealt more with the Father, daughters and second husband but that's life. Mary needed some serious help that she obviously never got.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good, well constructed story, full marks for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Really good. I would have liked more. In answer to lujon2019 - I don't know of ANY woman that wouldn't want to see, in person, her daughter get married. Invited or not.

fredbrownfredbrownabout 1 month ago

I reckon Mary has a bit of explaining to do.

murfncalmurfncalabout 1 month ago

why show up? because it was still her daughter and she must have regreted what she did and deep down inside is sorry and probably in pain for what she did and would do anything to have a do over

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

Regret or not its too late dont come back I have no sympathy for the cunt ex wife, bitch went missing when they needed her most.

ttjbjr54ttjbjr541 day ago

Excellent story. Well written.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWandering_Mongol@Wandering_Mongol
Thank you for checking out my stories! I'm grateful, and hopefully you enjoy them. 2-28-24 It Needed Doin' is ongoing. More is coming. Yes, Kiki is a bitch, but she cuts through a lot of nonsense and gets things done. Chief Hagen is a retired CWO5, and likely to be the eventu...