All Comments on 'No Cake'

by Wandering_Mongol

Sort by:
  • 265 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielder10 months ago

Very good first story. You opened a can of worms here, and there really needs to be a part 2. If I understand correctly, Kurt's daughter with Mary really is Michael's 3rd daughter, and sister to Kim and Mary - 2 Mary's that are daughters and the horrible mother is also a Mary - that will be confusing. Looks like Mary passed off Michael's 3rd daughter as Kurt's daughter. I wonder if/when Mary got divorced from Michael and when she married Kurt. Her marriage to Kurt may be invalid and she may be guilty of bigamy. Also, unless Kurt is extremely dumb he should have figured out his daughter Mary is not his biological daughter. You've got a potential custody issue since Mary kept her 3rd daughter away from her father. What about the older sisters wanting to get to know their younger sister? And of course Mary's marriage to Kurt is going to have some very tough issues to deal with, and may not survive. Please write the 2nd chapter and close all the loose ends. As far as Mary the horrible mother - I do believe Karma is giving her a lesson and boy does she deserve it!

A_BierceA_Bierce10 months ago

Please keep writing. We desperately need more good authors who can deal with the unpleasant tropes of LW stories. This is a deceptively tense and powerful story of a woman caught in a web of her own making.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne10 months ago

Devastating! I think that the story is complete. 5 stars.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne10 months ago

She wore a white dress to someone else's wedding. Mary has issues.

Bebop3Bebop310 months ago

An excellent story and an auspicious start on Lit. I look forward to your next story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

What a gut-shot!

5

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed10 months ago

I saw much of what SwordWielder mentioned plus the obvious fact that she was 2+ months pregnant when she left with Kurt believing he was the father which would clearly imply that she was cheating before she left and didn’t know who the father of the third child was. Good story and definitely needs a part 2.

MightyheartMightyheart10 months ago

5/5

Anything original deserves high praise.

Of late there have been too many cut & paste stories.

Superb story telling.

Could do with an epilogue or a follow up.

A few loose ends remained to be tied up.

TajfaTajfa10 months ago

I agree with SwordWeilder. A part 2 would be welcomed. I say that because the story and writing is very good and it would be great to hear Mary's story.

4 stars

Shavedbollox69Shavedbollox6910 months ago

Well written, a nice, albeit short story all wrapped up, I look forward to your future works.

RePhilRePhil10 months ago

Well written especially given it was published here in the LW lions den. Really tough audience here my friend

other2other1other2other110 months ago

The tension in this story was great, you knew what was happening from almost the start, everyone dancing around Kurt was so well written.

Bravo, such a great entry for your first story!

The Style GuyThe Style Guy10 months ago

Nice first story. Congratulations. I hope there are more. 5* from me.

tonyneatotonyneato10 months ago

You did an excellent job of getting all of the characters feelings shown in a limited time. An moving story. Please keep writing. 5 Stars

Bry1977Bry197710 months ago

This was great!!!! but it leaves me wanting more! wanting to know how he deals with it! what happens next.

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

Excellent story. You fully deserve 5 stars for this story. A subtle BTB eleven years in the making and totally unplanned. And this was indeed a BTB.

Looking forward to your future stories.

Seeker81Seeker8110 months ago

Brutal! Outstanding

VinastodaVinastoda10 months ago

Very well written first story. Has the perfect amount of tension. I look forward to more writings from you.

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months ago

Yes! Excellent! 5***** all the way! Even when you see the backstory coming half way through, it still remains compelling especially with the daughter coming to the table. Very well told! Please keep writing.

kameljockeykameljockey10 months ago

Very well written. What, an opening scene for a longer story?

BarryJames1952BarryJames195210 months ago

Great job 5*. It makes me want to know what comes next.

bioman57bioman5710 months ago

wow well done.. that u for sharing

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Outstanding job! I have nothing but praise, and that's almost unheard of for me - LOL! 5.0*

MasterKoteMasterKote10 months ago

Alil fuzzy on details but hope there's another chapter

Carioca_ManCarioca_Man10 months ago

A well-written text, where personality definitions are believable and adjusted.

There didn't seem to be any exaggerations and the conversation weighed heavily on the lighthearted wife's conscience. It is not explicit that the bitch was cheating on her husband and daughters, but that possibility remains up in the air.

The description and the conversation between the ex-husband and the current one, is composed of a subliminal drama and as it progressed, it made guilt reverberate in the traitor's soul.

The fact that today, the man with steel gray eyes, is in an infinitely better condition of life, helped in deepening the metaphorical knife, in the chest of the ex-wife.

Her cowardice, in running away and leaving the family and still carrying the couple's third daughter in her womb and passing her off as the new husband's, was a trap in the plot, which only fuels more hatred for the conniving bitch.

Mike has fueled the new husband, telling the whole truth, to purge the rancor from his heart, or perhaps to take revenge... turns out to be a benefit to the husband, even if he had his share of guilt in the process.

I put it as a favorite and gave it five stars. I hadn't read it yet, nothing like that. Keep going... hoping for more of the same level... But think about a chapter two, just for closures.

The unanswered question: how did the bitch find out about the wedding??? I think Mike, played a little more, so that everything would converge to this.

But that's just my opinion.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

Good story. As follow up should be written. What to do about two sisters with the same name? That’s the least of the issues.

Wavedave45Wavedave4510 months ago

Great story. I can see this done as a comedy if tweaked a bit. The former wife and husband throw lines back and forth. Trying to not be so blatant about the situation but failing. And the new husband is completely clueless saying "HAHA I have no idea what's going on" after their long emotional conversation.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now10 months ago

Powerful tale!

Loved it!

HighpikeHighpike10 months ago

Simply outstanding. Thank you. I have added you to the writers I follow and hope to read more of your work soon.

KarnevilKarnevil10 months ago

Totally predictable. It was pretty obvious what was happening after the first few paragraphs. Despite that it was a decent effort. Though I do wonder why, after deserting her family, and eleven years of absolutely no contact, she would invite herself and her clueless husband to the wedding? Makes no sense. Also, in true loving wives BTB tradition, ensure that the wife is depicted as the world's worst person, and the wronged husband a complete saint.

Grammatically well written but rather depressing for every character .

FljimFljim10 months ago

Good first story! Enjoyed it. Thanks

Orion623Orion62310 months ago

Terrific story. An uninvited guest causes quite a stir. If there is a second part I would be really interested in how the author handles the anger and angst of the children as well as Michael's efforts to find his wayward wife, mother of their third child (if he knew she was pregnant). There a lot of avenues to explore if the plot line is carried forward.

UnassignedUnassigned10 months ago

Very good, and not just for a first story. Sure, the core was pretty predictable but your dialog was so good that it carried the day. I especially like the fact that you don't't hit the reader over the head that Mary was cheating with Kurt before she left her family (as Kurt has apparently never questioned "their" daughter's paternity). Puts a new spin on Kurt, who otherwise seems nice - then again, it also seems he never new Mary's history, so maybe he didn't even know she was married.

.

Again, very nice, and the story ends just where it should.

sdc97230sdc9723010 months ago
She should have had an invitation

Missed opportunity for high drama as it turns out that the vengeful younger sister learned to use online searches, tracked down the mother who deserted the family and slipped an invitation to her into the pile.

GerMagGerMag10 months ago

Yes a bit predictable, but very well written. 5*

Pinto931Pinto93110 months ago

So she gatecrashed the wedding with her second husband why? It’s obvious she would be outed, so why go?

MormonJackMormonJack10 months ago

Well done! Thank you!

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker10 months ago

Good story. I'll bet Karma was invited, too. The Bear approves. %s stars. More, please.

demanderdemander10 months ago

This is well told, with very few spare words. D

Smiffy69Smiffy6910 months ago

An interesting tale, and heartbreaking in a way. A good start, I shall look out for more stories, hopefully longer next time. 🙂

BentNotBrokenBentNotBroken10 months ago

Very well done. Please keep them coming!

Bri29Bri2910 months ago

Great story very well written 5⭐️

straightshooter1958straightshooter195810 months ago

WOW! Another new author coming into the LW pond and fishing with DYNAMITE! Well done! *5 (because there is no 6)

MVarroMVarro10 months ago

Very good 5*, please keep writing for us.

aprguyaprguy10 months ago

Impressive debut. Please keep on writing

lujon2019lujon201910 months ago

So why would she keep the third child? and why would she show up uninvited to the wedding? and how did they get a rife across the water to a venue nor being on the list? and how big IS the truck we can drive thru all these plot holes?

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

Wonderful first story. I agree with Swordwielder in that you’ve left a lot of questions that need answers. You’ve hooked me good with this one already. If this is your first published work then you have set a very high bar for yourself. Looking forward to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Should of been longer not really a story

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

***** Hard to believe she would just show up like that. What the hell did she expect?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The twist is in the timeline and fact that she was 2 months pregnant when she left. She couldn't have met Kurt and become pregnant soon after she left, so Kurt must have been sleeping with her before she left and probably didn't know she was already married. Since Kurt didn't know about Michael and was sleeping with her before the day she left her family, he accepted that the child was his and married her. The divorce/bigamy aspect is just not clear tho.

skruff101skruff10110 months ago

Damn fine story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A mild BTB every 100 cuck-tales is always a good welcome. Just a bit too much short. But, anyway, a smart one. Keep going on this line of writing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow! Great story and a different storyline to what usually appears here. A part 2 with what Kurt finds out and how he deals with the knowledge would be great. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So tense you could cut the air with a knife. Totally brutal in a quiet restrained manner.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why would she turn up, uninvited, with her new husband, to a wedding hosted by her ex husband who obviously hated the way she abandoned her family. She was either fucking her new man before she left the old one, or Kurt is a complete moron when it comes to the paternity of her /their daughter. The old tired ‘she left me when we were poor because she wanted more’ trope, but now I’m rich as shit so I can spend $15k on fucking butterflies. Get a grip.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Echoing others, well done and more please!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Exceptional story. One confusing point. Wads Michael saying to Lurt that his haughtier Mary was really his daughter? If yes then would Kurt be surprised to learn this? Again story is a 5 regardless if you’re 1st or ….

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So not only does the mother crash the wedding of the daughter and family she abandoned, but she wears a WHITE DRESS to her daughter’s wedding?

That last part is just unforgivable.

mattenwmattenw10 months ago

Congratulations, you've got a real gem! And that as your first story, you did that very well.

Your fine pen has created impressive scenes and revealed a clear picture of this cruel spectacle. And yet you did an excellent job of resolving this spectacle!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good start, short and right to the point. More non-fetish-cuck tales like this one, and maybe a bit longer. Keep going.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another marriasage destroyed. Hope it make him happy.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Three solid stars. I really have no idea why the effusive praise, except as attaboys for a new author. The story had tension for sure, and dribbled out information well. However, it was filled with illogic and some plot holes.

Why would a woman go, uninvited, to a wedding wherein there was every likelihood that she would be met with hostility, and even more so, airing of dirty laundry? Her new husband was apparently clueless, and she jeopardized her relationship with him in the aftermath. Also, her new daughter's age didn't line up. She was two months pregnant with the child. Unless she was cheating, how did she get a new hubby so fast, and how could she convince him the baby was his?

Sorry, a decent effort, but worth no more than three stars for this vignette (not an actual story.)

JPB

PowersworderPowersworder10 months ago

This was a great read, and I liked the rising tension at the table as the scene played out.

One line did make me laugh though: "Do you think she'll have a hard time, because of the gender bias?"

-

A hard time choosing between all the affirmative action job offers from engineering companies panting for more diversity hires? Is that the kind of gender bias you're talking about?

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu10 months ago

Man, for a moment I felt the pain of abandon the girls must have felt.

Nice job @Wandering_Mongol.

Got a heartache for a moment there.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One of the best on this site. Very powerful.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why would the mother have named both her second and third daughter "Mary", after herself? Even though she had left, and her new husband didn't know about her first family, I would think she would have named the third daughter ANYTHING but either Kim or Mary, since she already had daughters named Kim and Mary.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very. Well. Done.

5 stars is just the beginning.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

I'm also confused with the timing of the birth of Kurt's Mary. If he met Mary after the divorce, the pregnancy would have been too far along for him to believe that baby Mary was his, so he must have been fucking Mary while she was married. It doesn't seem like he was the type to be fucking a married woman, did she lie to him? A second chapter would be nice, but the aftermath should have been included here.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was a 5 no doubt. She had a lot of nerve showing up to her daughters wedding uninvited. Did she expect to be welcomed with open arms? foolish bitch.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon10 months ago

Well damn, this was fantastic, full of tension and drama. You nailed it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago
Half a sentence...

Okay, so you gave us the merest hint of a beginning. Would you care fo flesh it out and actually tell us the story now?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

would have been a 5* but for the drop off cliff ending

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A great story, so well written I felt that I was there watching the whole thing. *****

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6310 months ago

Nice story, well written. It looks like the apartment was not the reason she left. She was screwing around when she left and thought her baby was her lovers. I would love to see how that worked out.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great job

I hope you keep writing

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So good. I really came to feel massive compassion for Kurt. Just holy cow is his life about to implode!

.

5 *****

Sumnut96Sumnut9610 months ago

PLEASE......FTDS!

amygdalaamygdala10 months ago

I’m use to these abrupt endings and I guess it could end there but please FTDS.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Heartbreaking and outstanding story telling.

That said, how could Mary the mother ever dare to come to the wedding of her eldest daughter, uninvited, even bringing her unknowing husband along? That's an incredibly stupid act of desperation, nearly suicidal - metaphorically speaking. She really must be hurting deep down from what she did to her first two daughters. She even named her third daughter the same as her second one. Acting incredibly selfish both times, by abandoning her family back then and now disturbing the wedding, but torn and desperate at the same time.

Yes, the story is complete as it is, and extremely well composed. Nontheless I would like to have a look into the lost soul of the mother.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Oh, this one so needs a followup.

Frank66Frank6610 months ago

Nicely done, would have liked more. A few questions, but then they're always are.

bobareenobobareeno10 months ago

Well done first tale!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Brutal!!!

LOVE slat-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Unique, wrenching. The author did a great job of slowly leading readers to understand what was going in: not too quickly and yet not leaving readers perplexed. That’s not easy to do. Here, it shows skill. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Interesting story. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nicely done. Have to question why Mary would want to turn up at her daughter's wedding, whom she abandoned, and risk EVERYTHING? Well played.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Different, which is to your credit, but man, it could have been cut by a third. The inane dialogue at the beginning was completely unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Gender bias against girls? Do you live under a rock or in the synthetic reality manufactured by the left? For nearly two generations outrageous gender bias has been directed toward men. Women have been routinely given positions they don't merit and cannot perform well in police and fire departments, the military, STEM disciplines, business, and government. As for engineering, very few women have the aptitude to be adequate engineers, and many of those that do don't the drive necessary for the job. Their priorities are simply different. Forcing women into professions based on a ridiculous assumption that men and women are basically the same, except for plumbing, has caused the deterioration of professional standards in every profession. If, for example, women cannot meet Ranger standards, we simply declare the standards obsolete and lower the standards, and ,voila, we get the " Mommy Rangers". Don't have enough women in engineering, lower the standards and celebrate "diversity" by forming all women design teams, and you get simple structures like sky bridges that collapse. Not enough women judges? Just lower the standards and you get third raters like I'm-not-a-biologist Jackson and Wise-Latina Sotomayor and second raters like O'Connor, Kagan, and Barrett. Sometimes the incompetence of women shoved into high places is even too much for leftards. Kamala Harris is the only reason President Depends hasn't been removed for incapacity pursuant to the25th Amendment.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

How did Mary and Kurt get to be at the wedding? Weddings like that have security:- no invite, no entry.

Kurt hadn't seen an invite. So Mary MUST have intercepted the invite. Surely the very last thing she'd want in her life would be for her two husbands to meet? She would have dumped it. BUT, then there would be no story. So, I'm afraid we're left with the assumption that she's irrational. Spoils it a bit for me.

I still enjoyed the story, nicely paced, good English. Gave it 4.

Robinhod

muskyboymuskyboy10 months ago

Good start but you need to finish this story.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

Really, really well done. Thank you.

klrsnklrsn10 months ago

Great story. Altho his first story here under Wandering Mongol, the story is too good to be a first effort. I, for one, would like to where else this author has posted!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Don't pay any attention to Karnevil. He thinks the world evolves around his usual petty comments.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWandering_Mongol@Wandering_Mongol
Thank you for checking out my stories! I'm grateful, and hopefully you enjoy them. 2-28-24 It Needed Doin' is ongoing. More is coming. Yes, Kiki is a bitch, but she cuts through a lot of nonsense and gets things done. Chief Hagen is a retired CWO5, and likely to be the eventu...