All Comments on 'No More Perfect Kisses'

by Candy_Kane54

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
BillyslateBillyslatealmost 2 years ago

Great Story

A perfect introduction to the Virginiaverse series!

I really enjoyed walking through the early years of Virginia's life in South Jersey. One of my best friends in the Pharmaceutical industry was originally from Toms River.

AnyMooseAnyMoosealmost 2 years ago

Nice story; thanks. One very minor point; if Virginia has been attending this small school for 3 years, even as a commuter, what are the odds that she hasn't had a class or lab with at least one other dorm resident? I get that she was very self-contained and, with her family circumstances, her campus-based social life wasn't much, but it kind of reads like she's parachuting in as a total stranger. Just my 2 cents...

servemistservemistalmost 2 years ago

I think when someone writes about characters lives over the years, we tend to be more melancholy. The characters are people and the sex is more of a backstory. For me, that is always better. I enjoyed the story for its happiness, sadness, and struggles. I never read any of your other stories prior, and this story will now have me totally immersed into "Virginiaverse." Thank you for sharing your talents

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienEllealmost 2 years ago

I've read the debriefing, and the personel comments at the end. Virginia has to be one of strongest people of any character on this site. What a life!

The reflection at the end is hard, but necessary. There are politicians I honestly like, and trust not to lie, and I wish I was somewhere I could vote for one, or both of them...

Well done, as always CK.

metroalmametroalmaalmost 2 years ago

One of your best! AnyMoose has a point, but it is trivial. Virginia was pretty distracted the whole time in college so . . .

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 2 years ago

This tale, all of those chapters connected to Virginia and her military plus sapphic life, or Alex's , are very special ...... This burns in my heart and soul, all of those years stepping back and just living for business ....... Life is short and being denied your privacy, sapphic love life, is breaking some in you, like breaking Alex heart ....... And yeah military based business is about killing others about war ...... Humans unfortunately never , in thousands of yEars, stopped fighting killing ...... And the fututre will be not different, im sure

Thank you for another gripping tale ..... Ten hearts 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀💋

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked the story but it didn’t make sense that Virginia and Sam didn’t keep in touch after college, considering how much they loved each other.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 2 years ago
As ever...

...simply first-rate, a fine introduction to the Virginiaverse. At least this time you didn't leave me with a king-sized lump in the throat. Regarding the Anon who found it odd that Virginia and Sam did not keep in touch, I could see their point but that is a reflection of real life, especially when people are in careers or situations where they move around frequently (as in the military). You move on, meet new people, make new friends and gradually---almost unconsciously---you lose touch with old friends. Sad, but it happens. Thanks for another grand story, Candy.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonalmost 2 years ago

This is very good start to the Virginaverse. It sheds light on Virginia's character that perhaps I hadn't appreciated in reading the other stories. I too was quite surprised that without any apparent discussion she and Sam both chose not to maintain any contact. But, in Virginia's case I think it highlights how self-contained Virginia was as a young woman.

shayneoneshayneonealmost 2 years ago

as always well done the detail and characters are excellent iv been a fan of yours for a long time thank you be well safe and happy shayne

Slurpy29Slurpy29almost 2 years ago

Another high quality, well writtten Virginiaverse story that we’ve come to expect from you. I love that you treated us to the younger Virginia and how she came to be. Beautifully done. Regarding her relationship with Sam, you developed it very nicely and as Virginia realized, maybe a different point in their lives things would have worked. People need to consider the time period this took place, no cell phones, internet, Facebook. Yes, there was snail mail but you have two young, driven characters who had to place careers first. Like us all, time and life sometimes gets away from us. The epilogue was perfectly done. As a military retiree I’ve often had similar thoughts. This story is well worth the 5 stars I gave it.

PS: nice beer reference with Falstaff, however I think my tastebuds are still in recovery from the last time I had it 35+ years ago. Lol.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94almost 2 years ago

I read My Chevy Van first, so now I truly feel Sam deserves more pages. I can only ask the fates that you'll be inspired to write more of her journey. Glory may be too much but again would be very grateful. I love your stories thank you for sharing such beautiful work.

Hillbilly55Hillbilly55over 1 year ago

Oh my god, I absolutely loved this beautiful story. I fell in love with Virginia and I can’t wait to see more of her. Candy, you just became my favourite writer. Love and hugs ❤️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCandy_Kane54@Candy_Kane54
*** IN MEMORIAM *** 13JUN23 - It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Maonaigh had passed on 11JUN3. I hadn't expected it since he had just written me 06JUN23 about his next lesbian story he was working on. Apparently he had been quite sick for some time. His body was...