All Comments on 'No Way Back?'

by whatdreamsmaycome

Sort by:
  • 347 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

So many people try this kind of story and just can’t pull it off. You did. Congratulations on a great story. You know how to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Kind of realistic

Especially the revulsion thing. It's true, revulsion was the strongest feeling for me.

My wife has the same sort of slip-up at a corporate retreat. Spouses weren't invited but hey, she had went to plenty in the past. But when she came home, I knew something was different. They really do pull away. Then the next moment needy.

Realizing something was wrong, I called a friend who had also went to the retreat. Her husband was best friends with my brother. It didn't take long and I found my wife had spent three days and nights with another man. I confronted her, she admitted it and those words, when she said the words that cemented what I feared, it was brutal.

We had/have 2 kids, a boy and girl, 13 and 11, at the time. They knew immediately something was terribly wrong and as they both had friends whose parents were divorced, were terrified.

I suppose in a way it was almost as much my fault as hers, what happened in the end. I simply couldn't go talk to a councilor about it, we would be talking about our most intimate life. I also couldn't speak with my wife about it, my imagination was out of control, she had spent THREE days and nights with the guy. In my mind, he probably had a 9" cock compared to my 6" and could fuck a half dozen times each day. I wanted to know, yet could never bring myself to ask nor listen when she tried to tell me.

She tried to heal us but I couldn't imagine at that time, deeply wounded, that someone could do that and still love their spouse. A slip-up, a one-time drunken bang, yeah, perhaps. But not three days of sex.

What hurt her most was to find I simply could NOT touch her. I couldn't. The idea of it made my skin crawl. She had taken something clean, loving and pure, then dirtied and muddied it up, like casting it into a pigpen. I talked to the kids, answer any of her questions, but with as short of answer as possible. Ours was a 3 bedroom house so there wasn't a spare room for me. Everyone became used to me sleeping on the couch and worked around it. When my wife asked why I couldn't sleep with her in the same bed if she stayed on her side, it was simple but painful to her. I couldn't be sure she hadn't brought men home and fucked them in my/our bed.

After two weeks, the writing was on the wall. Six weeks out, we weren't getting any closer. At ten weeks we had a long talk and agreed to work harder on reconciliation. At six months, I filed for divorce. Nothing was getting any better and each day I saw her it hardened my lack of will to change anything.

Our divorce was final exactly, yes, exactly, one year after the first day she cheated on me. The town we live in is small, about 800 people so we see each other on a regular basis. I left the house to her because I couldn't imagine staying in it but she had to eventually sell it and move home with her folks, taking my kids with her. Her folks didn't live too far from me so it was easy for the kids as they went through school to spend a lot of time with me.

My ex-wife always, to this day, makes an effort to smile and wave each time she sees me. I will acknowledge it, but that's about all. Each time I see her, now 11 years since our divorce, is like a stab in my heart. She used to be mine, I was hers and we had and were a family.

She is still single, as am I. In fact, I've never went on a date because I couldn't imagine anyone else. The kids tell me she doesn't date and what I hear from others is about the same. She doesn't date, she just does one night stands with almost anyone interested.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Scott embraced his little girl tightly. "Honey, I'm so sorry," he said. "Do you know what cheating is?" She looked up at him with those impossibly green eyes. "It's when a husband or wife has sex with someone else, right? Is that what Mom was doing?"

A TEN year old is really going to answer the question like that?

Storm113Storm113over 7 years ago
5*

Only one issue. Been together since they were 17, but her first was a college boyfriend!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@anonymous "a ten"

Well, your kids are probably as stupid as you are, and can't make complete sentences. Most smart first graders know more than you do, I imagine. Great story, author. Hit all the right spots for me. Thanks. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I guess the found a way back

Very good story. Maybe they were broke up or something when she had the boyfriend. It didn't detract from this story for me. That second time in the morning after she realized what she'd done and the alcohol wasn't a factor would have been tough for me to get past, but hey, it worked for them and I agree with Kimi. Kristan stole the show. Sounds like a kid every parent would love to have. I'd do a lot to keep a kid like that happy. 5, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love a happy ending

No humiliation, she showed a lot of remorse, a hell of a lot of pain, but everything came out and I think she's a sadder, wiser person. They made it. Better than the depressing shit you usually see on here. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Decent

One of the few reconciliation stories on this site that are actually believable.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to forgive. Not in my nature. But had this happened for a couple I know, I wouldn't have held it against either of them if they stayed together under the circumstances that you depicted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The questions

Will she cheat again? I think not. Is her daughter better off with her mom? I think so. Is her husband better off with his wife and the mother of his child? Most definitely. Is she going to regret what happened? For the rest of her life. Can they get past it? Looks like they have. Great writing, great story. Every character is fully developed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent almost.

Totally enjoyed this one! Only one hesitation: the ten year old daughter was totally unrealistic in terms of maturity and wisdom. But the story itself shone bright in all the right ways otherwise. Thanks!

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
Good and believable story

It is a reconciliation story and a good one IMHO,the 10 year old daughter has more brains than many 30 year old here

Be sure you will have negative comments from the usual crowd of pseudo macho's,just ignore these morons ,they are not worth the effort

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Nice

This is very good storytelling , impressive.

A few quibbles though . The most beautiful person in the room theory , ummm , I think it was more alcohol and hormones , but then , alas. I've never been the most beautiful person in the room before .

The little slip about being together since they were 17 , but screwing a college beau was a hiccup also.

Also , I don't know if I would have continued on the vacation with the daughter after the shock that they both received.

But it still was a very moving story , and it certainly captured my attention . It felt kinda realistic , in that I could actually see this couple surviving what would be a normally unsurvivable situation .

The daughter actually is the most stable , level headed one in the family.

Thank you author for sharing this nice story with us .

4.5 = 5 *'s in Literotica bucks .

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
Nice

I liked the snarky humor of "Cage", and wondered if that's where you would go with this. Nice character development with good emotional depth. I enjoy believable characters. Teeny criticism - Kristan's dialogue sounded more like a 15 year old than 10 - but her insights were important and added a great deal to the poignancy of the circumstance. I hope you have more stories to share. Thanks. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
finally someone with a realistic attitude about counselors

good story of getting past a woman's insecurity and thinking with her cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not quite a RAAC

but you didn't quite get to a fully satisfying reconcilliation either, in my opinion. Closer than most, though.

As far as we can gather from the story, the husband still believes it was just the one slip, but they had kissed the night before and she didn't tell the guy off over it, and then they fucked again the next morning. No protection makes it worse, of course, especially since there was no follow-up to his insisting she get checked. Her rationale that the guy wouldn't want to bring anything home to his wife so he must be clean was pretty silly. The guy slept with her, having no idea if she was "clean" or not, and didn't use any protection, so why would she assume he was clean?

Hopefully she was on some sort of birth control, but the story didn't really get into the aspect that she risked becoming pregnant with another man's child, or the fact that if her husband and daughter hadn't shown up to surprise her, it's doubtful she'd have ever told him the truth. I think these sorts of things should have been hashed out before he was willing to trust her no longer living in his home, let alone attending college again, where we can only assume she had cheated on him early on in their relationship, since they've been an item since age 17 but she fucked another guy in college. That, or maybe they're a couple of child prodigies.

His being able to hold her that first night, as well as being so certain she would never cheat again were parts that didn't quite work for me as a reader. It was still a pretty good story. Just, some of those factors made it a little closer to a RAAC than it needed to be. Address those, and I think it would have been a fully satisfying reconcilliation story, which is extremely rare on this site. As is, it was still better than most.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Cog

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Well written and developed storyline. I think there were a few dropped balls. Hubby seemed smart, but never connected the dots regarding her slip. And, they never had the conversation that hubby insisted was necessary (her giving him all the details). I wonder how different the storyline would have been if he realized her slip occurred over multiple days. I would want to know if she slept with the lawyer the first night she had dinner, after her conversation with hubby in which she ensured him there was no risk. I would want to know why she went back out with him after the intimate kiss the previous night. Would it make a difference to know she had sex with him the last night at the hotel, and then again, and again, and again the next morning she woke up. I also find it odd that they never discussed the possibility of her changing jobs (especially given she had no reason for why she fell - other than being stupid). That would seem a natural consideration for a woman willing to do whatever it took. The discussions were so developed, that these oversights seemed glaring.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
WHY, WHEN ONE PARTY IN A CHEATING MODE

all of a sudden cant figure out why and what for. TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago

10 year old daughter going on 30? Involving the 10 year old in the marital problems? She is clearly a typical, physically attractive spoiled bitch used to getting her way through her appearance, this time she used it to get fucked. By description, she is not a very nice person and not really worth keeping as a wife. She moves out and leaves him with the house and the kid to take care of for 18 months while she has her parents clean up for her? Spoiled bitch. Her betrayal put the family through hell for YEARS! Definitely not worth going through for a cheating bitch. What lesson did the daughter learn from this? She learned that if someday she cheated on her husband and got caught, she could expect him and their children to suffer for years to maintain a marriage that was only for her benefit. Better to have divorced her, moved on with the kid, and not looked back. It would have been a healthier and happier solution.

gldngolfergldngolferover 7 years ago
Stereo instructions

The story felt like I was reading from an instruction manual to put stereo equipment together. Absolutely no emotion. She's upset because she got caught. If she was sorry she wouldn't let him have her a second time and enjoy it!

And since when does a 10 year old speak like that!

cap5356cap5356over 7 years ago
great story

this story is so close to real life. something like this can happen so easily to almost anyone male or female. people can get lost in the moment and forget the over all picture especially when there is alcohol involved. and then to have the family surprise u by showing up that can happen. love how they worked it out though as in this case that solution was the only way to go, keep writing

looking4itlooking4itover 7 years ago

Um, no. 10 year old daughter being that involved and clinically perceptive not totally believable. Seeing her walk out of the hotel room is different that discovering it in some other way. He might as well have actually walked in on them. I don't see the reconciliation coming that easy. Parents critical of not coming around fast enough? I don't see that either. A number of holes chosen by the author without support of characters or storyline to force a point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Poinant

That's the best word to describe this excellent story, for me. Typical responses from the mouth breathing knuckle draggers, abuse and "What I would have done to the bitch!" They are so very macho, of course. Never having been in a relationship with a woman, they, of course, beat their chests and proclaim their "manliness."

They may be safely disregarded. The typically thoughtful commentators know good writing when they see it. This is good writing. Full of emotion, great characterization, terrific description and a plausible outcome. Of course, the mouth breathers want to destroy this woman and damn the beautiful child, she will just be a casualty of their machismo. Great story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Meh

“He asked her if she would have dinner with him at the hotel and she didn't see any harm in that.” – Why do these “happily married” women see no harm in dinner with a man who has already pretty much stated his intentions? I’m glad that her husband can see the problem even if she can’t!

“She was feeling a little buzzed when he walked her upstairs to her room.” – I’m not a wine drinker, but isn’t a whole bottle of wine a bit much for just two people?

How the FUCK can she go NEAR him after he gave her an UNSOLICITED kiss that “grew in intensity?”

She “resolves” not to have anything to do with him, but immediately goes to dinner with him again, then drinks and dancing?! Couldn’t she avoid him for even ONE fucking night?

“A couple of dances couldn't hurt anything, she reasoned.” – She CAN’T be that stupid and walk and talk at the same time! She can’t go into a club, but she can go to his room with a bottle of wine? You don’t need to be a reader of LW to KNOW no good can come from that!

Every time he says, “Just this, or just that,” and she lets him, okay; but then when he tries to go further why the fuck doesn’t she slap him?

Even if you SOMEHOW, beyond all reason, wanted to excuse the night before as the result of a skillful seduction, how can she EVER submit in the cold light of morning?

“She sought and made an appointment with a counselor” – I don’t really see the point of a counselor. She’s been in these situations before and hasn’t given in, so it’s not like she has some character flaw.

How can she find the lawyer? She knows the company he represents, they can probably get her his contact information.

Why wouldn’t Janet believe her? Surely she wondered how Jason got those scratches on his face!

Okay, I like a happy ending as much as the next guy, and this certainly isn't BTB territory, but I have one overriding problem here. I'm not going to re-hash my earlier statements questioning why she kept letting things progress without slamming on the brakes. I think the counselor's explanation only accounts for her initial weakness, it doesn't really explain why the kiss after the first dinner didn't snap her out of it.

But my biggest problem was the morning fuck - I just can't reconcile that with "the shock and guilt rushing over her in a tidal wave of regret and grief."

JeepLover42JeepLover42over 7 years ago
Not believable

I am a firm believer that in a situation like this it is very difficult for a reconciliation unless the couple is on equal footing emotionally. I have a very difficult time believing the wife learned anything or truly had a revelation about the pain she caused. Sometimes this is done by the husband either having a "revenge affair" or at least letting the wife believe he did, in order for her to truly understand what she did and how much it hurt. But, something needs to be done in order to establish equal footing for the couple to build from. Regret from the cheating spouse is not enough. My 10 yr old is sorry when I catch her doing something bad, I mean, everyone is sorry when they get caught. Being sorry isn't enough. The wrongdoer needs to learn in a deeply personal way how and why what they did is wrong, and how much pain they have caused, in order for them to learn from and never repeat their selfish behavior. Ideally this lesson needs to be taught in a manner that makes the couple even again. (recurring them, the equal part, huh). I would like to see how some of the authors can show this . Then I might believe a reconciliation could be possible.

gmann57gmann57over 7 years ago

Every man who asks any woman to go anywhere with them has 1 agenda and that is to fuck them. End of story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I liked it but wouldn't be as strong as him to stay. I feel deep down she as a big flirt knew that someday she would do this but never imagine being caught so far away from home. There will always be good looking charming people looking to hook up at these events. I know a ton of guys that travel and go to these type of work events and they are all fucking around with most of the time with another married person . His first mistake was not putting his foot down when she said she was going to dinner with a guy. It wasn't necessary to her job and he laid the ground work plus a kiss which should've ended in a smack. Even if my wife didn't fuck the guy , I would consider over two days dinner, a kiss (even though sneaky), dancing , drinks, and being dumb enough to go back to his room cheating. I might not believe she didn't fuck him even if she didn't. I would never believe it was this only time and definitely would never trust her away alone again. He's a better man than me . My ego is way to big and I'm to jealous for that situation. Him making her call the wife is great and also him fucking a girl is also necessary even if he would still divorce so she can feel what he went through. How could she question a STD test, if he fucked her so easy doesn't she think he's doing it all the time when traveling. Her answers about not wanting to give him every detail is her saying without saying his dick was bigger and he fucked her better. I'm surprised he didn't take her ass because the guys I know always fuck the married ones up the ass . One guy recorded one with his phone by her face as he pounded her ass talking real dirty and making her say all crazy shit as he did. She felt terrible after and cried while he's telling her it was just a fun night and to put it in her memory a not ever say anything and what hubby don't know can't hurt him. They got dressed all still recording and he asked her for one more blow job and she did it . He was slapping her face with his dick , making her suck his bills and he finished cumming on her face and mouth. He's been one of many who said if the people are traveling for work no matter how in love or swear they would never do it they will at some point and once they get past the first time guilt they'll do it again. Another friend caught his wife because she fucked a friend of a friend that she didn't know the connection until they all wound up at a dinner together. The friend knew because he knew the story and realized who it was and told my friend all details. The kid fucked her every possible way, they were drunk. He filed for divorce the next day. When he confronted her and explained about her getting it up the ass and also she rimmed his ass . He was discussed and couldn't forgive and he went to the guys house and told the wife and gave the guy a beating in front of his wife and kids. That's the stuff that cheating causes when caught so think long and hard before doing it

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well Written and Interesting

A good read. As others have said lots of things were inconsistent or difficult to believe.

A better editing job would have taken care of most of these issues.

For me the story started to sag when the daughter started to talk and a lot more air went out of it when his cheating spouse asked whether he thought she would cheat again and he replied 'No'. Based on what author had told us to that point the answer made no sense at all-unless he had failed to learn anything from a very traumatic discovery.

Incidentally, since the wife really, truly loved the sex and the shrink had given the husband a magic 'she will never cheat again' box (don't look inside!) to allay his suspicions she might well go for it when the next 'olympic' quality lothario shows up-as, given her beauty, he certainly will. She loved the experience but hated the result of (very unluckily-couldn't possibly happen again) getting caught.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Excellent Story

Unfortunately she still fucked him on the morning after and she knew that it was wrong.

From her refusal to discuss details which would have made reconciliation unlikely I would conclude that she would never have confessed if they had not caught her . But it is unlikely that she would have returned to the same relationship with her husband. I imagine that once she got away with cheating she would cheat again if she had not suffered with being caught. Good creative writing.

magmamanmagmamanover 7 years ago
Interesting tale

The truth is that given the perfect situation, most women can be seduced, even those that have no thought at all that they even could be.. All it takes is them being far from home, a few drinks to lower inhibitions, it's actually fairly normal, percentage wise.

People like sex. Just think, if YOU could seduce your current mate, then there are others that can, also.

Way it is, way it always will be. Those who think it is always the male are kidding themselves.

This is one of those "Shit happens" stories, and speaks to the weakness of the flesh.

IF the relationship is strong enough, it can all just.. wash off. If not, they go in two different directions.

Nice story,

Thanks,

MGM

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 7 years ago
Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I enjoyed your story, even though I struggle with the ending. I hear her therapist say, "She's lived the pain, she knows the price, she's aware of her flaws and she's taken steps to correct them" and to me, it just sounds like, "She'll be more careful next time, she's corrected the mistakes she made." The pain she's lived through is only the pain of being caught, not the pain of being betrayed. Her pain is VASTLY different from his, if for no other reason than she knows she DESERVES it, knows she EARNED it, and knows she ENJOYED it (till she got caught). This is not to suggest this is a bad story, far from it. You've got me typing IN CAPS and I hate that.

EddboyEddboyover 7 years ago
i like

it alot im just not sure i buy the psychologists opinion.What on earth would a married woman even be doing going into another mans room late at night under the pretenses of "dancing" To me its simple, she found the man very attractive and didnt think anyone would find out. Also to quote our president, "its very hard for a flat chested woman to be a 10"

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Realistic

This was a very well written story that strikes as if it were true. Virtually everybody, female or male, can be seduced under the right conditions at the time. This is especially true when "on the road" and away from the ones you love. The right scenario will make it easier with little guilt until it's over.

My only issues is that again, Teresa is "the most beautiful woman I've ever seen", and there are many of them, and the early comments by a 10 year old are certainly not from a 10 year old. Did it "really" take 18 months and would the back to dating work that well? But then, it is a story.

Keep writing, you have a good story style and write well.

Tiny Tim

fifteen16fifteen16over 7 years ago
Agree

I agree with magmaman's comment, many, many years past my wife described a scenario to me. Married couple with children, economic recession creating financial strain thus a strain and discord on the relationship, wife having to attend a three day seminar in the city, company has booked her and others into a very expensive hotel where the basics are paid for, but additional drinks of coffee or alcohol were very expensive, { remember the financial strain} and simply not being able to afford more than one drink, an attractive man buys her a drink, nice and light hearted conversation with more drinks giving a temporary release from her problems followed by regrets in the morning. No this was not a scenario it was real life so we just worked harder on our marriage and 26 years later we are still going strong. We are all fallible in one way or another it's just a coincidence of circumstances.

ISKwestISKwestover 7 years ago
above average

The seduction on first page was a tough act to follow. Overall, the story remained coherent within its own premise and its internal reality.

I do not know whether the author planned it, but the seduction reads so that it fits the eventual explanation, as though he thought of a 'why?' first then set everything up in terms of characters' actions, then turned them loose. I won't go into how a practiced seducer works, other than to say that he works to the victim's own sense of rationalized control. That we were given a glimpse of what the seducer was thinking is consistent with this, as was the back-story and psychologist's explanation, and it was crucial to the logic of the story.

Naturally, a seducer does not always succeed, as the seducer himself says. And it stands to reason that if he did not succeed, then we wouldn't have a story.

The story is ABOUT a seduction, the fall, and a reconciliation.

As I said, the seduction was a tough act to follow, and what followed was a bit shaky. All the pieces were in place, easy enough to identify, but overall it seemed 'rushed' following the intensity of the seduction scene.

I agree with some others that the first dialog between the mother and 10 year old child just seemed wrong. It read more like a discussion that the husband and wife should have had. Perhaps the author had a reason, but it is not apparent what it might be.

Overall, well done.

Richie4110Richie4110over 7 years ago
Wonderful story

From the depths of despair to Reconcillation even with a little baggage left behind. I love especially how you diverted the need to tell all that she experianced that night which would have deeply agrivated the situation. However,I would have loved to read that telling.

5*+

Thanks for sharing your effort with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To fifteen16

Yes, a common scenario. In my case, the wife was back in school, finishing her PHD. Weeks on end apart from me, thousands of miles away. A party, some drinks, some smoke in the air, a contact high, an attentive younger professor?

Then, months before she finally admitted it, her guilt eating her up.

So I found myself tormented. Was the guy better than me, more virile? Better looking? What did they do, what did she allow, why hold it back for months? There is a lot of pain in thoughts like that. The wife and I have done a lot of sexy things, but up until that moment, it was always... US.

Suddenly, it was NOT just "us" but someone else, intimate with what up until that moment was just.. mine?

Yes, common and a tough time for us. But, with me being the 2nd husband and Debra being my 3rd wife? It's not like someone had never been there before.

As a Doctor, she deals with nude males almost daily, with that I am unconcerned.

But this? It hurt, I mean, it really hurt.

My choice was to come to terms with it, I admit, not all that easy to do.

I did write that story, it is posted here somewhere. Not what I would call a happy time, but life goes on.

Talk it out, forgive and forget is this old man's advice.

This really is a well written and realistic tale, describing the weakness of the flesh. All of us are tempted, from time to time.

MGM

Hmmm. I see if got logged out somehow, oh well.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Re: Magmaman, Fifteen16 and MGM comments

As you say, there are sometimes circumstances that end up with a spouse committing adultery. One can often understand how these circumstances have come to pass. Understanding doesn't necessarily mean condoning the behaviour, but it can lead to a path back when the 'wronged partner' feels hurt.

MGM, in part you relate the experience "So I found myself tormented. Was the guy better than me, more virile? Better looking?"

I'm sure that most people would feel something like that on discovery that their partner has had an experience such as you describe. An insecure person would dwell on the comparison and allow it to become destructive. A secure person would realise that even if it were so, there is much much more within the marriage than anything the 'outsider' can offer.

If there's not, is the marriage worth saving anyhow?

Lue

javmor79javmor79over 7 years ago
Excellent story.

This was very well written and full of emotional content. Nice job. Full marks from me. I'll be on the lookout for more from you.

sinsational83sinsational83over 7 years ago
HELL-OF-A-STORY

This story was so damn well written. The sad thing about it is, something like this actually had happened to close friends of mine. The fact is the person his wife cheated with WAS a lawyer. She was at a convention at a boat show in Chicago when they met. Her husband found out about the whole thing thru another friend of ours. Now with that out of the way your story was well written, so well put together and it flowed so well together. you have a great talent and a hell of an imagination. I wonder if you had any idea as to how close your story was to real life when you were writing it. Anyway as I said earlier hell of a good story. Worth more than the five stars that I gave it, only because they won't let you get any higher rating. But I was allowed to save as one of my favorites. Thanks for submitting your story for use to read.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 7 years ago
More Realistic Story

A very realistic story with believable emotional pain.

For me the ending seemed a little rushed and I hoped that the would at least flirt with women or even implied he might be having some relations with them. Tbis hopefully would have unbalanced the wofe and remind her that she needs to be on her game all the time.

I lift weights, work oit regularly and look younger than i am.

I often get chatted up by women. It does remind the wife what she has. For her if a guy chats her up then he sees me is has a worried look on his face,... ha, ha

15 Fifteen 16

Can you please aend me link to the story in your anonymous comment.

I would be interested in reading it.

Ta

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Thought that was real good!

Seemed credible, detailed insight into thinking of the partners, Fairly tight writing. I will say the daughter seemed a bit precocious in her insights and ability to verbalize her feelings. Dont know that I have seen a 10 yr old quite that insightful, but it is possible.

Very nice effort for second story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful Story

The only story I have seen so far where the wrong doer ACTUALLY got punished and where the faithful husband was not turned into a cuckold.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Indeed Patillie

If the marital counsellors described in the story are the best in the district, the ten-year-old should hang out her shingle. She has a future in that field. The professional standards exercised by the others are about the same level as those recently displayed on this site by Carnillia.

Lue

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 7 years ago
Great effort.

Well done! A tough story in a tough category. Well put together with lots of emotion.

My main problem with it was the daughters dialogue.

"I think that for 10 years you were the best mother you could possibly be, until you weren't."

I've had four ten year old daughters and I just couldn't imagine a lot of Kristin's words coming out of their mouths. Also the wife's reaction throughout the story was a LW readers wet dream. "I'm so sorry, I'm a terrible person, I'll do what ever it takes to get you back." Not sure modern women react like that all the time but hey, it's your story.

Only a minor quibbles. Once again great effort.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 7 years ago
Nice original element

Taking classes and living apart and dating is a nice original element -- at least I haven't seen it before. I don't think that it would work for most people -- but at least it shows imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of the best

There aren't many good stories of this type. When one comes along about five times a year I try to reward it with a five. This was a good one. I hope to read more from this author.

smmhomesmmhomeover 7 years ago
Solid attempt

Nice work... I'm a bit puzzled by the rave reviews, however. I did think the story was a bit stiff - especially from the husband's perspective. 3.5 stars.

One quick note: when asked if she slept with others, she mentioned a college boyfriend... later they mention meeting and becoming a couple at 17... seemed inconsistent.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 7 years ago
nice try

Your first story was really great,five stars for sure.

Now this one : This happens all the time. Travling husband and wives,away from home...

Teresa was dating this guy on the first night. Second night she went to his motel room for a drink and more dancing. Every person knows what is going to happen.

What is even worse and she cant blame this on alcohol or anything else was morning sex with the other man. She knew what she done and she decided to try once again this guy.

I give you 4 stars just for the effort.

Waiting for more of your work. Take care

ArsVampyreArsVampyreover 7 years ago
Wait...

She had sex with her college boyfriend, but she was with him since highschool? And she hadn't cheated on him?

Work out your timeline a bit better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ehhh

The idiot lndex hit the bell when father told child what was going on, how awful it was, and asked if she wanted mom to go on vacation with then. I suppose when later she Cries for mom, he can remind the kid she didn't want mom to come.

Otherwise pretty good

666iceman666icemanover 7 years ago
Good Work

All I can say is I like the way you went about the re-build of the marrage. I wish more people in the real world would follow the same script. I loved the explanation given to the husband on the why & how she went off the tracks. There will always be someone, male or female who will have the upper hand, you just have to be prepared. To forgive not forget, but the art of forgivness helps when children are in the mix. I just wish I could of been brave enough to forgive my ex. Intead I BTB and that cost me 50% of my family. So it was really good to read a story with a nice ending that sounds real life.

Alberta  AlAlberta Alover 7 years ago
Well Written

The story was well written and easy to read.

The wife's reaction and acceptance of responsibility was unrealistic compared with my experience and the experience of other spouses of cheaters that I know.

It would have been so much better for me if she had accepted full responsibility and made an effort to help me heal even if it caused her some pain.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 7 years ago
SHE ACTUALLY WENT TO A CONVENTION?!!

Talk about suspension of disbelief, this husband would NEVER trust her enough to even consider another convention. Why would would she even consider keeping her job, let alone attending conventions...so much arrogance and disrespect for someone supposedly trying to win back her family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another Good One 5 Stars

I've read both of your stories and liked them. I hope you continue to contribute.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
4.5★

Lots of positive feedbacks but low score maybe it been better if you went to btb and no reconc coz I know literotica readers loves those stories

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 7 years ago
Descriptive Sex=More Cheating

Your drawn-out description of the sex almost sounds like she will be tempted to cheat again when she remembers how much SHE enjoyed HER cheating. I felt the long narrative of the sex was out of balance for her desire to put her family back together.

Also, we didn't get to know much about Scott; was he tempted to cheat? Did the single women in his office pick up on his problems at home and try to make a play for him? Did he visit a few bars to 'drown his sorrows' and the divorcees circle around him like sharks smelling blood in the water? Scott could have likely gone through his own challenges to be faithful WHILE mentally wrestling with her cheating.

I would also like to hear more details about her tempter's crashing and burning. Once his wife filed, did more women come forward? Why didn't Scott file a lawsuit against him AND his company for fucking his clients? 3***

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Four Stars

Good story. Four Stars.

Like many others, I thought the 10 year old was way too wise for her age. Her advice was better than most of the professional counselors.

Strange that they would have gone to so many counselors. After number two, I would be out.

Also like some others, I am thinking no way he would trust her to do more Convention road trips....and more importantly she would not want to do them in order to save the marriage. You could call and Skype 5 times a day and cheat around that regime all day long...maybe with the same dude.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well written

This is a well written story but believability takes a hit from the beginning when she is in bed and it came rushing back and she began to tremble-----------regret and grief. THEN she fucks the guys another half dozen times?

When she first meets the lawyer he comes right out and tells her that she is the "hottest women in Dallas" and when she shows him her rings - he indicates that "no harm in dreaming" letting her know he wants to fuck her.

She talks to her husband and tells him she is going out to dinner with a guy and the husband expresses concern - clue here for the "loving wife".

She has a passionate kiss after the first night and then agrees to meet him again?

After a lovey dinner and walk the lawyer suggests going into a club for dancing but, she refuses indicating that it would be improper So - she agrees to get some wine and go to his room to dance? Come on man - she knows she is going up there to get fucked and she wants it!

In my mind given the story thus far the cheating wife would never have confessed to her husband and most likely would have continued her cheating ways while on travel.

Her devastation is not from guilt but - "FROM BEING CAUGHT"

The reconciliation coming on the physco babble nonsense about that the good doctor throws out as fact is so unbelievable as to be put into the "bullshit category" right away.

Did she love her husband - most likely but she loved herself much more and after this episode dies down she will be up to her cheating ways again.

The husband agreeing to let her keep working at a job where she travels or works late or works on weekend is just not believable.

There have been a lot of very good comments posted so far so I won't repeat the ones about the ten year old's maturity level. This story might make sense if she were drugged by the lawyer but as told there are too many holes in her reasoning and her actions. She loved the sex with the lawyer and she doesn't want to talk to her husband about that aspect of the time away from home. The husband should insist that he be allowed to find an appropriate "sex kitten" and have a weekend with her exploring his fantasies before considering reconciliation with his wife and have his wife pick him up from the weekend get away while he's all fucked out with a great smile on his face. Then we might have a level playing field to start getting the marriage together.

Thanks for a good story

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 7 years ago
OK ... until the end!

The last several paragraphs remind me a bit of timed cooking competitions ... a lot of prep work done carefully, then the time gets short and stuff gets tossed on the plates. For three (Lit) pages, most of the progress is via dialogue. Then time (somehow) gets short, and the next several years are purely narrated! Are we sure WDMC isn't two separate authors, one for the first pages and the other to 'close it out?'

4*

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Impossible

1. She flirted all day with an attractive man.

2. She went out to dinner with the man and consumed alcohol with him, the evening ended with a passionate kiss.

3. The next evening she continued where she left off, another date and more alcohol. It ended with them fucking all night. Not once did she consider her husband or child.

4. The next morning, she woke up sober she knew what she had done yet she fucked him again.

5. There is no way anyone can logically say this woman made a mistake, got too drunk, she intentionally cheated on her husband and daughter. She didn't care about them! Care is love. It is that simple, she didn't love them more than she wanted to be fucked by an attractive man. She didn't care about the fact that he was married either and what it would mean to his wife and family. She is by definition a piece of SHIT. It is that simple. Who the fuck wants to be married to a selfish piece of shit? How is it possible for a selfish piece of shit to be a good wife or mother - it isn't! She was always shit, no one just magically turns into shit! That is why this story is a cheat! It is not possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story, and well written.

I can't believe that many of the commenters continue to criticize what the characters in stories did or didn't do. They did what the author had them do, damn it! There is one inconsistency, or unexplained fact. She has had three lovers, including the lawyer and husband. The third was a college boyfriend, yet she and hubby started going together in high school. Did she stray in college, did they breakup when she went to college, or is this the second time that she's cheated on Scott? Also, with the advice that they got from her individual counselor, why did they seek two others. Still, a really good story.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
Well written, I can understand he forgiving her, but...

Well written, I can understand he forgiving her, but there was a small detail, but a big issue: "In the morning after, she woke up sober and she knew what she had done yet (and a big YET), she fucked him again..."! from there the drinking excuse was dead and had no value. However, just because of the daughter determination, 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'm always reminded of Esther Perel's advice to married couples she is counseling:

"Today, in the West, most of us are going to have two or three relationships or marriages. And some of us are going to do it with the same person. Your first marriage is over. Would you like to create a second one together?"

This story portrayed their first marriage ending, and their second marriage being created. Both the betrayal and the attempt to reconcile were well played. But as the wife implied at the end of the story, their future is still an open question, which honestly conveys the lingering uncertainty caused by her betrayal. So the author did a great job of describing the emotional and intellectual turmoil of their first marriage ending, and their struggle to create a second one, together. Well done.

I agree with the other comments regarding the wife continuing to travel to conventions. An intelligent couple would realize her continuing to travel is an unnecessary threat to the trust and confidence of their marriage. I also have to say, such an intelligent 10 year old is not at all surprising, especially in today's world where the kids are exposed to adultery and sex at very early ages.

Again, well done. Do it some more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
She knowingly cheated , yet he forgives her and they move on together

What a way to live, how can you trust her again to be on the road alone. This takes years to forget and put to rest .if ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
EVERYONE GETS A SECOND CHANCE

She-it man! Peoples I am not a saint (you know He is without sin let him cast the first stone) so I believe that everyone is entitled to a second chance! No third etc . None of us are perfect. In court there are no winners! Oh Oh I would have liked to see lawyer cock plucked and stuffed! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Excelent story

I would have liked to see some of the characters fleshed out some more and I would like to see her divulge her activities of that night. Certainly would have hurt him to hear that story but she should have told him. I think that would be another obstacle in conciliation but it would all have been more clear to him. I think he really did need to know. I know I would have. She duped him again by avoidance. .

I think it was a great story. I believe it would be very difficult to write a sequel. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
well done

With many of these betrayal stories you often see the question "How?" asked not only by the readers but also by the characters in the story.

Life is full of variations. The author offers one of them, a well-worked out interplay between a predator and a victim.

The description of the predator's strategy was spot-on. Always give the victim a sense of being in control. Always agree with her hesitation, understanding (through experience) that people construct fragile rationalizations. It's always "OK, I agree, I understand, just one more time .." sucking the victim deeper and deeper, until the victim is a horrified passenger in her own fall.

How readers respond to a work of fiction - itself only one of many possibilities - says as much about them as it does about the possibilities that reality throws at you. How do you deal with betrayal? Yes, that's the question, isn't it. My impression (from comments) is that some people have not yet been able to answer that question in their own lives.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re: The number of counselors

In my mind, I think that the author was poking fun at some of the counselor stereotypes, that's why they went to a third, to get the "free love" counselor in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Poignant cuck shit

1*

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 7 years ago
Excellent and Congrats!

Thanks for the great read! Story was interesting and very well written. I thought the 'dating' was a good way to have them work back together.

Couple things made me pause but they were little things. First was the daughter (a very very mature 10 yr old, more like a mature 12 or 13 would've been my guess). Scond was the way the wife was telling her husband how much she loved him. When she said "I love you more than is humanly possible (not an exact quote) I was hoping for the husband to reply something like this:

"You love me that much? Then we need to get a divorce because if you love me that much and it didn't keep you from spreading your legs for some guy you just met... then how the hell will it ever stop you the next time?"

Last little speed bump was the effortless way she got him to touch her and even hold her that first night. Realize they'd already been apart for ten days but...

Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you on a very good story. Surprised a little at the scoring. Even with a reconciliation would've thought this story to be rated higher. It kind of left me with the same taste in my mouth that one of my favorite stories by one of my favorite authors did, Between the Pages of Adultery by Laptopwriter. Fact that you reminded me of that story is a compliment to you.

Thanks again,

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Here is a gift

I saved this for you . It is a used but full condom for you to eat ya fag cucky cum slurper

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
it was ok

I liked the premise. But the execution was not as good as it could have been.

There really was no conflict. She cheated. She repented. The rest was just boring events. It read like a documentary. There was no real excitement. And, yes, the daughter seemed more like one of Jed Clampett's protagonists than a 10-year old girl.

carvohicarvohiover 7 years ago
The verdict is in...

You're a regular read. Two interesting stories. Both fives.

Yeah Kristan was way too insightful for her age, but the first sex in college wasn't an oversight since their premarital relationship wasn't detailed, he might have had his Pauline French, the counselors pan was appropriate owing to high failure rates.

Good news; no grammatical mishaps, no gun play or baseball bats to the kneecaps, no guys named Guido, you didn't get any names mixed up, and the thing wasn't overloaded with tears.

Stick with the program. You're on to something.

Jedd Clampett

PapaRomanticPapaRomanticover 7 years ago
My two cents

I am a romantic - I'm all for marriages surviving if possible.

But I could not have survived this, knowing what we know about the wife IN HER OWN WORDS - allow me to demonstrate.

"He was silent for a perceptible moment and she laughed. "Scott, you know you're the man I love and I have to eat. This is just a business guy; it's not like I'm going on a date.'" Immediately, she should have perceived his concern and told him "I see that it bothers you, so I'll cancel." The first indication that she was completely selfish, and not taking into consideration her husband's needs.

"She quickly gave up the attempt as her fires, banked the night before, came roaring back to life. He was large and active, and she cried out as her orgasm claimed her, he claimed her." Large and active, that's all it took to forget her husband and daughter. Large and active - the name of the affair will be on her mind forever.

"She knew she didn't want to be here, but after her behavior last night, she didn't know how to stop him as he raised her right leg enough to slip his cock into her pussy from behind." Sorry, can't buy this BS. Many other people leaving comments have picked up on this as well.

"She cried out as every muscle in her body tightened, then released in her fourth, fifth (?) orgasm of the morning. She lost count and there was only the pleasure of his cock, pounding into her pussy as he shouted out his orgasm, his hot cum pulsing inside her, driving her over the edge again and into the exhaustion of sleep." I don't care how long she lives, this will be on her mind for the REST OF HER LIFE.

"She listened to his list with growing horror, knowing that some of the answers to those questions were going to be very hard to get over. Should she lie, or would that be just another betrayal? She didn't know what to do." She cheated, and now she was prepared to lie. Again, her own selfishness rising to the top. There will always be secrets clouding this marriage. I think if I were the husband, I would need to know.

Would she have told him about the affair if her husband and daughter hadn't come to surprise her and take her away on a surprise vacation? I'd like to think that she would have, if she truly loved her family, but I think not. Would she had had more affairs? Absolutely, because she has shown herself to be a dirty whore with no regard to the people she supposedly loves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dialog By Hal 9000

Why was my comment deleted? Some people are going ape sh#t in these remarks. I didn't.....?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Every once in a while in this little corner of Literotica, we are treated to a character driven rather than plot driven story. This one is a peach. I care what happens to the characters when I get to know them and you, the writer, did a marvelous job at that. I felt I knew these people a bit and so, I cared what happened to them. Thanks for the effort! I also liked the depth of your writing where you included hints early on about what the problem was for Teresa only to have it shown later by the psychologist. I miss that kind of foreshadowing in many of the stories here. My only little comment is the child's dialogue. There were a couple of occasions where, despite her supposed brightness and worldliness, her words didn't fit her age. One example would be, " I'm depending on you not to let that happen." I've worked with many very bright children over the years and that just isn't their sentence structure or use of vocabulary. I would have expected to see something like: You can't let that happen. More direct, less introspective. There was another line or two that would serve as good examples but my suggestion would be, if you are going to use children's dialogue, you might want to run it by someone who works with children to see if it sounds age appropriate, and especially so if the child in question plays a major role in the story line like this one did. Thanks for a really good read!

DeepBlueCDeepBlueCover 7 years ago
I Enjoyed It

I found the story entirely plausible and well delivered.

As to the sex in college, unless they went to the same college which seems unlikely based on the story, it’s not unlikely they drifted apart during those years and probably both either ‘strayed’ or experimented. The implication was their pre-college relationship was non-sexual so I expect it was more of the experimenting or learning experience.

So far as the conventions after the reconciliation, part of a marriage is trust. Admittedly in this situation, trust has been strained but if there isn’t any trust then the reconciliation is a sham anyway. If he loves her enough to grant a good degree of that trust back, it puts the burden of strengthening it on her. Obviously he loves her enough to grant that trust even if it’s with a degree of caution.

Granted she made some stupid decisions and caused some incredible pain to her family. She also apparently suffered from that pain and that in itself, if she has any strength of character, could well be the incentive to not do something that stupid in the future.

As to the complaint of the last part feeling rushed, I see it from a different perspective. The beginning was painted in excruciating detail conveying all the intense emotions and stresses of the situation that continued though with less detail into and through the reconciliation. Once the reconciliation was established as a fact of their lives together, it then became less important to detail each small event once the marriage was demonstrated to reasonably intact.

Obviously (to me at least), there would never be the trust that originally existed. Similarly, the sex she had in college since it was prior to their marriage is of no consequence since she apparently had no interest in reconnecting with that guy.

And for her to relate the details of her one horrible choice would serve no purpose other than to potentially create more doubt and distrust.

DeepBlueCDeepBlueCover 7 years ago
On Another Topic

I note with some humor the discussion of kids and their perceptiveness and vocabulary.

To illustrate a point, I was driving home one afternoon with my 4-5 YO granddaughter in the car. Having been with me on a few errands, she asked if we were going home.

I told her yes and asked why she had asked.

Her response was literally, “I thought so. I recognize this way.”

Is ‘recognize’ in the normal vocabulary of a 5 YO? Obviously it was in her case since that’s the specific word she used. I remember it so starkly because I was quite surprised at her choice of words. So the daughter being a little precocious I do not find so extraordinary.

Another similar experience relating to counselors night also be pertinent. A close friend and his wife were in marital counseling and he related this little incident.

In one session the counselor asked if he liked being married. He responded with something to the effect that if a marriage is a relationship based on mutual trust and respect, he’d never had a marriage.

That incredible statement elicited no reaction or response from with the counselor or the spouse. So for me that shed a little light on the range of skills you’re likely to find when venturing into that realm. I frankly can't see how such an explosive statement went utterly without reaction but it did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Psycho BS

Well, ego of the fine psychologist is really enormous. But it's not his wife that cheated, so...

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
I hate cheaters

This is one of the more realistic stories I have read with a reconciliation. One of friends had a cheating wife who continued it for about 6 mo. He forgave her

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Re: "I hate cheaters" Old_Biker_Dude comment

" He forgave her"

Why?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bag of tricks

I have always thought that cuckolds accept any psycho babble they get fed in order to accept their horns. It took that woman less than 24 hours alone to open her legs to another man and accept his sperm inside her body. You can say she was partially inebriated when they went to bed, but what about the fuck early in AM? Were was the guilt to flee her lover's room and create some distance. She's a cheater, and there is no reassurance that given similar conditions in the future she won't open her legs for another guy in control. I always said the trick of marriage counseling is to spread the guilt between the spouses and using a bag of tricks feed the cheated spouse an excuse to accept the infidelity. If somebody murdered once, I assure you that person IS ABLE to murder again and given the right conditions can do it again. Her beauty will fade with the years, what is left is the love and values. I do not believe she is so deeply in love with her husband, for if she would have been, most likely she wouldn't cheat. She could have gone to her room eat with room service and watch TV, or read a book, or surf the net, but no, she opted for going to eat and dance with a handsome married guy. She was ready to cheat, all what she needed was the opportunity. Good luck to the cuckold in the future of his marriage. NEVER stay in a marriage for the children. They will NEVER give you the happiness a loving woman will. The story is well-written though.

Serrand62Serrand62over 7 years ago
Not bad

But for a 10year-old the daughter isn't very realistic in her behaviour, far too mature. It simply doesn't work. That a big weak point in this story

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopover 7 years ago
Good redemptive love story, but

I really liked the story but am in agreement about the advanced state of mind of their daughter. Make it he daughter 14 and it would have been more realistic. That aside, there was much truth and reality in your story. 5 stars, good job. Xoxoxoxo Annette

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
There are two sides...

There are two sides to this story. One side says she is a cheater and will again. Her only remorse is that of being caught red handed. If she was truly remorseful, she wouldn't have let the guy have her a second time and enjoy it like she did. Putting herself in the position she was in was on her. Did her beauty cause her to drink and dance with a man that was not her husband? Was it her beauty's fault that caused her to go to a hotel room of a man who is not her husband?

The other side says since she was remorseful and felt pain of her betrayal and that the reconciliation was appropriate. She took any step necessary to try and regain the love and trust of her husband and her 10 year old going on 30 year old daughter.

Most everyone agrees the author did an excellent job of how the counselors were portrayed. Self serving con artists that should not have a license to practice.

I didn't count the cheater versus the recon comments, but it seems the recon crowd may have been more vocal.

Personally, I'm more on the former side. She cheated because could. Maybe she didn't go looking for it, but she sure as hell didn't run from it either. She felt bad about what she did, but welcomed his cock the next morning. If she felt that bad, WHY DO IT AGAIN and enjoy it? That time there was no drink involved.

Her remorse is that of being caught. Period. The consequences that came about were from her being caught, not from her guilt! Only after spending 10 days without her family did she realized what she threw away. If no reconcile, there would be many vacations without her husband and daughter. She regretted it, but that was only because she was caught!

Would she have confessed her sins if the husband and daughter showed up at her hotel room door two hours later? She would have been showered and cleaned of her betrayal. They would not have witnessed her adultery and would have been clueless while they took her on a surprised vacation trip. She lost nothing.

She still had everything she had before her trip to another man's bed and more. She had the thrill of another man's spunk in her and the orgasms that came with it.

She would have been your typical cheater come the next convention and the next.

This whole story hinged on her being caught. How would it have turned out if she wasn't?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Idiotic!! MINUS 5*!!!

Why is it necessary that cheater need to declare why they cheated??!! Not the cheater the cheated people has all rights to declare how they are and what that cheating have done to them. And if a spouse decides still to be married to the cheater is only love and trust to the future!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5+

since annony gave it a -5 I gave it a +5

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
A misstep or two

As noted, the critical conversations were glossed over, with what she told her husband. Normally, I am not a fan of repeating scenes by having it described to the reader AGAIN (and frankly again...and again...and again, as some authors do).

However, when it comes to trust an honesty, WHAT she says to hubby, how she spins it is, in an emotional drama, critical.

Was it an atrocious lack? No. This is a nit picky style point.

While on this, as a personal note, if my wife told me 'are you really sure that you want to know?' (re cock size, orgasms, details of the encounter, number of times), at that point...no...I would not probe for more information. That she is hesitant at all was sufficient to give me nightmares for a few months, thank you very much!

One little miscue. Wife called the other wife on a Sunday. Did the lawyer's wife call her daddy that very day? Did the daddy call in his staff on a SUNDAY to go over his billing records? Did he have such enormous pull that he was able to call an emergency session of the ABA of his state to meet on their only free day in a week to weigh in on his disbarment? A little thing, but I got a chuckle at it.

I know...slap yourself a little bit and move on. I have palm marks on my face too from silly mistakes like that. (though lawyers castigating other lawyers for billing discrepancies? Really? Isn't that what they call the 'Christmas Bonus'?)

Oh yes! One thing I REALLY liked in this story. Wife had just gotten finished humiliating herself to the other wife (and honestly, just from the emotional draw of the punishment, I really wish you had included THAT conversation). She was very low. I liked that you gave the wife sufficient spine to say 'Hey...if I am going to take all this pain and public humiliation for a divorce, no thanks." She had a boundary or two. She wasn't just a pell.

That is pretty much it.

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
He may (or may not) have forgiven her...

But his love for her was shattered. Staying together for the sex isn't love. Maybe it can become comfortable coexistence but what they had, is no more and can not be restored.

Now she is his pleasure provider but will never be fully trusted again.

the last two lines of the story make me sincerely doubt that he has forgiven her at all.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
@foolscap

Not down at all with that comment. Is there no such thing as forgiveness? I believe there is. It may, or may not be, warranted, but it happens. The last two lines are her asking him if they're okay, and him saying yes. I don't think that justifies your doubt. That is a personal slant you put on the last two lines. Those who cannot extend mercy should expect none.

Have you never had a relationship ruptured, then restored? I have, and twice it was my fault. I apologized, made the harm I had done right and they forgave me. Are you implacable? Unable to be entreated? I hate to think so. Kinder, gentler foolscap cannot be so.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 7 years ago
Great story...but I do think

it could have been given a lot more meat for us to chew on. I like "Anonymous ... Two sides" comments mostly of the few I read. As she was happily prancing back to her room that morning, there was no guilt. She only fell because she got caught.

Anyway, only a couple of word mistakes. Well written. I do like the RAAC stories as well as the BTB stories. Also this story was 4 pages of personal conflict, which I like to read about as well. 5 *'s

DeepBlueCDeepBlueCover 7 years ago
@FD45 re: Timeline

The phone call being placed on Sunday doesn't make any of the things presented in the story implausible.

First, being banished to a motel is easy; almost all are open Sundays.

Second, being he worked for his father-in-law's firm, she'd have absolutely NO difficulty reaching a lawyer on Sunday and having him unemployed is as simple as a phone call to Dad.

The rest of his consequences would obviously have come over some period of time and I found nothing in the writing to suggest it came on the same day as the motel and termination of employment.

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
@kimi Yes there is forgiveness but it does undo the betrayal

He can and should forgive her but in my opinion and experience the relationship will never be the same. Trust is tough to completely restore (if at all) after betrayal the dynamic is forever changed. I hope that they can make it but (cliche warning) the genie is out of the bottle and the toothpaste is out of the tube.

If the healing of the relationship is so dependent in his mind on sex (cupping her breast) I am unconvinced about the real status.

Yeah, I'm a cynical bastard

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
NOT a cynical bastard

I think you left out an adverb of negation in your title line. Having no experience with betrayal by a lover, I'll have to take your word for the experience.

If the original cannot be resurrected, can another not be built? That seems to be what they attempted. It was a novel idea to go back to how they fell in love to begin with. Start again, that seems to be working. Trust seems to be there, because he trusts her to go to conventions, armed with her new knowledge of her vulnerability, maybe to be much more cautious. I'm giving them better than even odds.

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
I'm giving them better than even odds....

... wouldn't it be pretty to think so.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
A positive outlook

I thought it was great to see a story with a couple who decided to put the work into their marriage to overcome their difficulties rather than the usual fare we see in the Loving Wives category.

So many LW stories have the 'wronged' partner's first move being to the divorce court (or worse). And if that isn't done in the story, you can be sure there will be plenty of comments recommending that course of action.

Congratulations to Whatdreamsmaycome. Most of the (so far) 100 comments on this story were approving and hopeful.

So lighten up, Foolscap. There is hope in this world of marital relationships.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story

It was a good story. I personally would have left, but hey to each his own. I know it sounds stupid, but it always hurts more when you read about the wife cheating. Otherwise. Good story

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 7 years ago
I like it

This is what I read LW for, Good solid story.The reconciliation was well deserved.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous