No Way Out Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Photos of the destroyed sofas and bedroom mattresses were shown, then the bathrooms. Then the attic room was shown as Muscone said "As you can see here, Commander Troy's young sons had built a Lego Town and a railroad system. ATF Agent Curtis Halsey, who also tried to kill a Police K-9 Corps Officer and Commander Troy's daughter, went in there and just smashed everything. I came onto the scene as he was doing this damage, and saw it with my own eyes."

A photo of the destroyed railcar was shown. Muscone said "This railcar was built by one of Commander Troy's sons." A photo of Your Iron Crowbar working on the railcar with Ian was shown, followed by us watching it ride the rails on the toy tracks. I realized Molly must've taken the photos while Ian and I were working on the car and testing it out; and 'courtesy Chief Molly Evans, NCPD' was in small letters at the top right of the photo.

"As you can see," said Muscone, "the car was destroyed by Curtis Halsey. I watched him raise his foot and stomp the car deliberately. That was not a search for evidence, it was sheer destruction for the sake of destroying a child's toy."

Lisa: "Agent Muscone, why are you bringing this to the Public's attention, especially since you are also an FBI Agent?"

The camera zoomed in on Muscone as he said "Lisa, I've been in the FBI for a long time, and I have always been proud to be an FBI Agent and work for the great institution it once was. But I am sorry to say that my beloved FBI has been infected with Swamp Rats that are corrupting its soul. My FBI may not have been perfect, but we would never have committed this level of destruction just for the sake of doing it. But as you can see from this damage, there are some dirty Agents who had no problem doing this. I am hoping that by speaking out now, we can stop this corruption from spreading, so that this destruction of a Citizen's home won't become the norm for the FBI. If we don't stop this, it will become that norm."

Back to Catrina live. "We have with us Lisa Fillmore of the Town & County Examiner Online. Thank you for joining us today, Lisa."

"My pleasure to be here." said Lisa."

Meredith said "Lisa, that is just incredible destruction of that home. How can the FBI justify that?"

Lisa said "They can't, but they won't be forced to. I asked the leader of the Task Force, FBI Executive Assistant Director Dr. Robin Isley, for comment, and all she would say is that the FBI had a warrant, and were exercising it, and what they did was totally justified. But U.S. Senator Bill Nunn said that it was not, and he's scheduled Congressional hearings over it. And U.S. Senator Lorraine McGill, who is from this Town & County, has denounced the FBI's actions, and is demanding answers..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What a handsome FBI Agent!" observed Tanya Perlman as we watched the report in my office to start the Angels Meeting.

"I'll take your word for it." I replied. "But tell Jack I do appreciate him going to bat for me like that. I'd imagine the Swamp Frogs will really go after him for that."

"They already have." said Tanya. "And Owen Lange pushed back, hard. Some inside baseball for you, that should not leave this room: it's becoming a war from the very top down. FBI Assistant Director Lawrence Lance is fast showing himself to be a Guardian of Justice. He's really supported Owen Lange and Jack, and he's already contacted Senator Nunn. He has friends around Washington, including within the White House, and he was a friend of the late Admiral Keating."

"On the other side," continued Tanya, "the DNI himself, Brandon Chapel, is possibly the highest ranking Swamp Frog in Washington, and he has considerable power. Robin Isley is his sycophant; she would do anything for him, and probably has, in bed and out. Chapel is setting himself up to be J. Edgar Hoover on steroids: he's creating a power structure that will be unbreakable, and no one will ever be able to get him out."

"He can't outrun a bullet." said Teresa Croyle. "Just ask that last dirty CIA Director." I smiled at that, knowing just which Guardian of Justice had successfully taken out that dirty CIA Director... after I'd been prevented from doing it myself. (Author's note: 'Causing A Commotion', Ch. 03.)

Tanya went on: "The bulk of the FBI rank and file are aghast at what's going on. It took forming this Joint Task Force to get up enough dirty Agents to do what they're doing. But the good guys are being ignored, and Senator Nunn is repeatedly being blocked from having them testify before his Committee. It's getting bad in Washington. I'm proud of Jack for what he's trying to do, but I just don't know if it'll be enough."

"It won't be... if we don't try." said Teresa. I nodded thoughtfully in agreement.

Part 13 - Round Two

9:01am, Thursday, January 23d. The women of 'Point Taken' filed into the studio at the University Journalism School to loud applause. Connie Chen, Donna Roselle, Zara Zeigler, and Rosie Berkmar took their seats.

Connie Chen said "We are back on the Campus of our State's great University, and it has been a very busy morning in this corner of the State today! For those tuning in late, the FBI staged a pre-dawn raid on the home of Police Commander Donald Troy yesterday morning. One FBI Agent was wounded in a shooting incident, but Commander Troy was not involved, as he was not at home and escaped being arrested and taken into Federal custody."

"Frickin' coward!" yelled Rosie Berkmar. "Why isn't he at home protecting his family? No, he runs away, like the coward he truly is!" The all-female audience applauded politely.

Connie Chen said "The story doesn't stop there. The FBI's left hand doesn't know what their right hand is doing, as FBI Agent Ashton Cardigan of the Cyber unit in the City publicly declared that the document Commander Troy allegedly signed was a forgery. The warrants were rescinded by a Federal Judge, and now everything is chaos."

"And the guy who is saying these documents are fake?" said the militant black Donna Roselle. "He's the same guy that said the signature of the Governor on that yearbook of the women the Governor sexually harassed was fake. Sounds like he's in the pocket of the racists Val Jared and Donald Troy!" A segment of the audience applauded strongly; others not so much.

The beautiful Zara Zeigler said "That judge didn't rescind the warrants on a whim. The FBI analysts had some solid points showing why the document was a fake. And it's better that this comes out now rather than during Donald Troy's trial, because without that document, the Federal custody and crossing-State-lines charges are dead."

"And this morning," Connie Chen said, "FBI Agent Jack Muscone worked with reporter Lisa Fillmore to show the Public the damage the FBI did to Commander Troy's home."

"LISA FILLMORE IS A RACIST!" yelled Donna Roselle, rising to her feet in hatred-filled anger, shocking everyone else. "That racist bitch sat right here on this show and said racist things! The FBI did the right thing to search Troy's home, and that RACIST BITCH is trying to make them the bad guys here? THAT RACIST BITCH LISA FILLMORE CAN GO... TO... HELL!"

A 'certain segment' of the all-female audience stood and applauded very loudly. Rosie Berkmar also applauded, though remaining seated. Others in the audience sat silently, as did Zara Zeigler and Connie Chen.

Zara Zeigler finally said "Your hatred of Lisa Fillmore does not take away from the fact---"

"NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!" yelled the militant black Donna Roselle as she flung herself out of her chair, and appeared ready to physically attack Zara Zeigler. "LISA FILLMORE IS A RACIST WHORE!"

"Let's go to break." said Connie Chen.

When they got back from the break, Donna Roselle was sulking angrily and looking at Zara Zeigler with hatred. Connie Chen said "And we are back. Zara, what are your thoughts on the FBI raid on Commander Troy's home?"

Zara Zeigler said "We can't bury our heads in the sand on this. The Town & County Examiner Online report has gone viral and national, and Members of Congress are asking for information on this, and some are demanding investigations. I don't think all FBI Agents are bad, or would be as unprofessional as this Joint Task Force team was, but the optics are very bad. Citizens should be scared that their home could be next to be destroyed by the FBI."

"You don't think the FBI was just doing its job?" said Connie Chen. "Executing a search warrant, looking for evidence?"

Zara seemed as exasperated as she'd ever been as she said "An FBI Agent was in that news report said it was wrong. How is destroying all the plates and dishes, the dining room table, and children's toys like that justified under any circumstances?"

"It's not the first time Law Enforcement has destroyed a person's home for no reason." said Rosie Berkmar.

"Yeah, especially People of Color's homes!" spat Donna Roselle, to applause from some in the audience.

"What I was going to say," retorted Rosie Berkmar, "is that Donald Troy goes around waving that crowbar of his, dishing out abuse, and now it's come back around on him. It's about time he got it done to him." The audience applauded.

"It's scary when the FBI does that to anyone." replied Zara Zeigler. "Black or white, cop or anyone else. It could be you or me next."

"The good news," said Connie Chen, trying to steer the subject out of certain lines and into new ones, "is that there is still a State case, and it's not based on that document. State Law says the woman was in Troy's custody even without documentation."

"But they're going to have to prove he had sex with her." said Zara Zeigler. "And like Ruby Russell pointed out yesterday, Betty Morelli is dead."

"How conveeeenient!" snarled Rosie Berkmar.

Connie Chen said "Well, let's see if we can get some answers. Our first guest is a respected reporter with KXTC News right here in the Town & County, and she has sparred with Donald Troy on many occasions. Let's welcome Amber Harris!"

The audience cheered loudly as Amber came out, and took her seat. She was wearing a sweater-blouse and blue jeans, as she had not yet fully 'recovered' from the effects of having just had a baby.

After congratulating Amber on her new baby, Connie said "Amber, the question stands: how can the FBI and the State prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Donald Troy had sex with Betty Morelli?"

Amber replied: "What your audience may not know, ladies, is that Betty Morelli had a baby nine months after she was escorted to her Grand Jury testimony by Donald Troy."

The audience gasped loudly and 'oooooooh'ed at Amber's shocking words as she continued: "Betty's parents took custody of that baby, but they were old and subsequently died. So that baby should have been taken by DFACS and put into the system for adoption."

"And... hypothetically speaking, of course..." Amber continued, fooling no one at all, "if that baby can be found and DNA-tested, it could prove that Donald Troy is the father of Betty Morelli's child! Hypothetically, of course."

The audience gasped some more, then Connie Chen said "Of course, adoptions are sealed records. How can they find the baby, much less get it tested?"

Amber said "If they can find out who it is, the FBI and the SBI could ask for the adoption papers, then get subpoenas to have the baby's DNA tested. It'll require a judge to release the records, but any honest judge that hasn't been bribed would release the records."

"And one judge in this State is currently being investigated for taking bribes. A judge who is a sellout to The Man, and a traitor to People of Color!" said Donna Roselle. Anyone want to take bets that that little repartée wasn't scripted in advance?

"Soooooo," said Amber Harris, "maybe we need to look into adoptions that were handled by Judge Rodney K. Watts of the local Superior Court? Hypothetically, of course..."

The hostesses all nodded most agreeably, and the audience began clapping, as the 'Applause' sign telling them to clap lit up.

"One thing we need to see happen," said Rosie Berkmar, "is for State Inspector General Britt Maxwell to get off her ass and start investigating Donald Troy for these alleged crimes."

"Isn't she a crony of Don Troy and Val Jared?" asked Donna Roselle. "For all we know, she slept with Donald Troy, too!" The audience laughed and some cheered and jeered.

"I don't think so." said Amber Harris. "From what I heard, she doesn't play on his team, if you know what I mean." More jeers from the audience.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that." said Rosie Berkmar.

"But to the point that she's a Jared and Troy crony," said Zara Zeigler, "shouldn't she recuse herself from investigating Don Troy?"

"Hell no!" yelled Donna Roselle. "If she can't do her job, she should quit!"

"I agree." said Amber Harris. "She should resign if she can't... or won't... investigate Donald Troy. And if she doesn't come correct with the truth, that Donald Troy committed sexual improprieties with a woman in his custody... then we should talk about Britt Maxwell's lack of integrity."

Just then, Connie Chen said "Folks, we're about to be interrupted by breaking news..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This is Tim Sioban, KSB News." said Tim Sioban of KSB News. "We interrupt the 'Point Taken' broadcast with this important announcement. Let's go to our colleague Bettina Wurtzburg in the Town & County. Bettina!"

"That's right, Tim! And we welcome those of you joining our feed from stations all over the State." Bettina said as she reported from in front of the Courthouse complex. "I'm Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News, and Channel Two News has just learned that Superior Court Judge Harry R. Nance has issued a Material Witness warrant for Town & County Deputy Police Chief Cindy Ross!"

Bettina was smiling as she said "State Attorney Glenn Alberts and State A.G. Karl Handel, who is running for Governor as a Republican, asked Judge Nance to issue the warrant for Commander Ross, citing that she was on the same trip with Commander Donald Troy when he escorted a woman to the City, and he allegedly had sex with that woman while she was in his custody. Once again, a Material Witness warrant has been issued by Superior Court Judge Harry R. Nance to bring Town & County Deputy Police Chief Cindy Ross in for questioning in the investigation of Police Commander Donald Troy! Back to you, Tim!"

"Thank you, Bettina!" said Tim Sioban. "And KSB News has also learned that Federal Judge Ruth B. Taney has issued a Federal warrant concurrent with the State warrant for TCPD Commander Ross to answer questions from U.S. Attorney Richard Baldwin, who has been assigned the Troy case..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Agnes T. Spires, attorney for Cindy Ross, contacted State Attorney Glenn Alberts at the State Office Building. "My client is ready and willing to answer your questions." she said. "But not at the Federal Building. She fears for her physical safety in Federal hands after what was done to Commander Troy's home and the attempt to murder a K-9 Police Officer as well as her young cousin."

"You don't seem to understand." said Alberts arrogantly. "We call the shots here. Your client goes where we tell her to go, when we tell her to go there. If I tell her to go to the Federal Building, she damn well better go there."

It took a few seconds before he realized that he was speaking to a dead telephone line.

Three minutes later, Agnes T. Spires's cellphone rang. "This is U.S. Attorney Dalton Kendell. I'd like to apologize for State Attorney Alberts's rude behavior and his arrogance. We understand your client's concerns for her safety. Where do you propose we meet so that she can answer our videotaped questions?"

"Town & County Police Headquarters." said Spires.

"That's a non-starter." said Kendell. "We would have concerns for our safety there, or at either of the TCPD's Precinct Headquarters."

"Neutral territory, then." said Spires. "Nextdoor County Police Headquarters. Twelve noon."

"I'll call you back in ten minutes." said Kendell.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What kind of idiot are you, Alberts?" Dr. Robin Isley hissed. She was in the Town & County Federal Building with her Team, as well as U.S. Attorneys Dalton Kendell and Richard Baldwin, and State Attorney Brafford Bacon, who had worked with Robert Mullen's Independent State Counsel.

"I wasn't wrong." said Alberts. "What we're doing is arresting Ross as a Material Witness. Do you think the TCPD lets street criminals dictate terms to them?"

"No." said Robin Isley. "But we're not dealing with street criminals, here."

"Ma'am," said Lindsey Black fearlessly, "Mr. Alberts is right. We are the Federal Agents here. We should dictate terms to these local cops and they should obey our orders, not the other way around."

Robin Isley affixed her freezing stare upon Black. "Mind your tone with me, Agent Black. And don't forget that Cindy Ross can snap your neck in less time than it took you to say that to me. I'd rather fight the Iron Crowbar than fight her; at least he has a bad back."

As Lindsey Black recoiled, Isley said: "You're right, we're the Federal Agents, but the Iron Crowbar has already humiliated us and made us look bad in Public. Washington is demanding answers of my bosses, and they are letting all the shit trickle down onto me. What U.S. Attorney Kendell did was correct. He negotiated in a friendly manner. This goofball Alberts showing his fat ass does us no good."

Glenn Alberts sulked, then said "Remember, Ms. Isley, this is the State's case now. We're in the lead after you Feds fucked it up. If you want----" He stopped as the Rovers Brothers advanced upon him. Then he said "What, is Ross right? Should she be in fear of her physical safety?"

"Alberts," said Robin Isley coldly, "you're not good enough at this to play the game. You're just an exercise in patience for me, and that patience is wearing thin. So shut your fucking mouth... or yes, your own safety will be in great jeopardy."

FBI/ATF Special Agent Karl Coleman came into the room and said quietly to Robin Isley: "Agnes Spires's cellphone was triangulated to TCPD Headquarters. Commander Ross's personal and Police iPhones also triangulate to there, but we've already seen the crap the Iron Crowbar pulled with his own phones. We used infrared at Ross's condo and her mother's condo, and no one is at either place."

Coleman: "Callie Carrington's phones are pinging from her place of work at Dr. Fredricson's office, but I'll tell you straight out, Carrington is active CIA and I don't want any part of that after the botched raid at Dr. Fredricson's home. We don't think Ross's daughter Betsy is at Fredricson's office; she and her grandmother may be at that Bar Code Eckhart's compound in Coltrane County." Robin Isley nodded.

Andrew Parsons spoke up: "If Kendell had said 'yes' to interrogating Ross at TCPD Headquarters, she would have had to be there, yes? So maybe she really is there. Let's call her attorney back, and agree to meet at Nextdoor County Police HQ. When Ross and her attorney drive out, we'll intercept their car and make the arrest, and take them wherever the hell we please. Probably here at the Federal Building, but wherever we go, the TCPD will have no access to her."

"What a great idea!" Robin Isley said, though some missed the sarcasm in her voice. "Let's just kidnap a TCPD Officer off the street! Take her away somewhere so nobody knows where she is! And I'm sure she and her lawyer will travel alone, with no Police escort."

"Sounds like a plan to me." said U.S. Attorney Baldwin.

"Says the guy who tried to kidnap Peter Blassingame from this County's jail." snarled Isley. "Remember that fiasco? And I'm sure the Press will just eat it up!"