No Way Out Ch. 03

Story Info
Don's frustrated enemies go after Cindy next.
12.3k words
4.76
6.6k
6

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 10/18/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Part 9 - Girl Power, Family Power

As ATF Special Agent In Charge Curtis Halsey aimed his weapon at Carole Troy's back, and at Bowser cradled to her chest, it seemed like a blur out of the corner of his eye that became TCPD Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle, wearing an armored vest and TCPD helmet. She went to her knees in front of Carole, and once she had Carole pressed against her back, she aimed her own weapon at Halsey's head.

"Ha." said Halsey. "A fucking local cop. Get out of the way, Teresa Cunt! I'm going to shoot that dog."

"Better be sure." said Teresa, who had her weapon's trigger pulled, her thumb holding the hammer back. "I know my shot is going to hit you right between the eyes if you shoot me."

"Commander Croyle." said Martin Nash, his hand on his holstered weapon. "That's a Federal Agent you're pointing your gun at. Stand down."

"He's pointing his gun at a six-year-old child." said Teresa, her eyes not leaving Halsey for even one instant. "Whose side are you on, Nash?"

"He's a Federal Agent. You're not." said Nash. "Lower your weapon."

"It is a good day to die, Nash." said Teresa, in her best English translation of the original Klingon. She was still looking at Halsey, refusing to be distracted, as she said: "Are you prepared to die with us?"

"Yeah!" said Curtis Halsey, looking more demented than ever. "Shoot that bitch, Nash! Come on, shoot her!"

"That would be a very stupid thing to do."

Everyone except Teresa looked up to see that Melina Troy Allgood had come out of the 'Puter Room, wearing a gray dress and solid black stockings and pumps... but no armor. She had a powerful Beretta 92FS handgun in her right hand, pointed at the floor. She was being followed by Dr. Laura Fredricson, who was also armed.

"You're pointing that at my niece." Melina said as she walked up to Halsey.

"I'm going to kill her, too----" Halsey started.

*BLAM!*

"AAAUUUGH!" Halsey screamed as he dropped to the floor. Melina had shot him in the right leg, in the lower thigh, her gun aimed at a downward angle that took the bullet into Halsey's knee. He was now in excruciating pain, and would never walk normally again.

Melina looked over at Martin Nash and warned "You try to draw that gun, and I won't shoot you in the knee." Nash took his hand off his weapon, seeing that not only Melina but Teresa Croyle had aimed her weapon at him.

"I would shoot you in the balls, Nash." said Teresa, her voice ugly. "But you don't have any."

Laura went over to Carole and Bowser. "Carole, are you okay?" she asked, the worry in her voice very obvious to everyone.

"I'm good, Mommy!" Carole proclaimed. "Thanks to Aunt Melina... and Aunt Teresa again. Are you okay Bowser?" Bowser whimpered his relief.

"What is going on, here?" Dr. Robin Isley demanded to know as she came in. "Who shot Halsey?"

"Your boy acted stupidly." Melina said. "I suggest you get him out of here. Now. Before I shoot you, too, and end this charade."

"Get him out of here." said Isley. "Take him to Hammondsville Hospital."

"No." said Teresa. "He's under arrest, for the attempted murder of a Town & County K-9 Corps Police Officer, and a TCPD Auxiliary Police Officer."

Everyone gasped. Robin Isley was looking at Teresa furiously. Melina was watching Isley with contempt.

Laura, ever the doctor, was examining Halsey's wound, then put a gauze pad on the entry wound and taped it down. "He's not bleeding out, but get him to University Hospital." Two of the new TCEMS paramedics came in and put Halsey on a stretcher, and he was transported to University Hospital under heavy (local) Police guard.

"Okay, carry out the warrant!" Robin Isley yelled to her people, that had congregated outside. "Tear this house apart!"

"Hold on there!" yelled Jack Muscone, coming up to them. "Federal Judge K.M Landis has rescinded both the search warrants and the arrests warrants for Donald Troy!..."

Part 10 - Sleaze And Corruption

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Wednesday, January 22d, from the anchor desk of the KXTC studios. "The FBI had conducted raids against Commander Donald Troy's homes!"

Bettina was smiling brightly as she began: "Early this morning, a special FBI Task Force executed warrants to search Donald Troy's homes and arrest him for having sex with a woman in his custody nearly three years ago! Let's go to reporter Amber Harris, who has been covering these fast breaking and fluid developments! Amber!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said a very happy Amber Harris from near the Mountain Nest home. The feed showed footage from the raid at The Cabin, with Amber voicing over it: "The FBI raided the homes as citizens gathered and yelled 'Lock him up!', desiring that justice be brought to Donald Troy for his crimes. The FBI reports that Donald Troy has fled his homes, leaving his family unprotected like the coward he is, and he is now a wanted fugitive!"

Back to Amber onscreen: "A second raid occurred at the home that is owned by his wife. Reports are that shots were fired inside the home and one Federal Agent was injured, but Donald Troy was not at the scene---"

The screen suddenly switched to Bettina. "Amber, hold on! We have breaking news... whaa?..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This is Tim Sioban, KSB News in The City. We are being joined in progress by our affiliates KXTC in the Town & County, and KCAP in Midtown. And we are just getting the breaking news that Federal Judge K.M. Landis has rescinded the Federal warrants to search the homes of Town & County Police Commander Donald Troy and his wife, Dr. Laura Fredricson, as well as warrants to arrest Donald Troy on allegations that he had sex with a woman that was in his custody."

Sioban: "KSB News has learned that FBI Special Agent In Charge Ashton Cardigan will be giving a Press Conference at the Federal Building in The City, which will explain the reasons for Judge Landis to rescind the Federal warrants, which were issued late last night by Federal Judge Ruth B. Taney. We now go to Amber Harris in the Town & County for more. Amber!"

"That's right, Tim!" Amber said from atop the building at the corner of Riverside and College, with the Federal Building across the Square in the background, and viewers not realizing she had just been transported there at rapid (and illegal) speeds. "Channel Two News has been following the FBI raids on the Troy homes earlier this morning. Those raids have been stopped, and the Federal Agents conducting them have left the properties for now and returned to the Federal Building here."

Amber: "There is still no word on Commander Troy's whereabouts, but Channel Two News has learned that Police Chief Sean Moynahan has sworn out a warrant for an FBI Agent, and Chief Moynahan will give a Press Conference later this morning. Back to you, Tim!"

"Thank you, Amber." said Sioban. "That was Amber Harris, reporting from the Town & County, where the controversy around Donald Troy continues to swirl..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

8:00am. FBI Special Agent in Charge Ashton Cardigan and Assistant Special Agent In Charge Karina White walked into a packed Press Room at the Federal Building in the City, and up to the podium.

"Thank you for coming." said SAC Cardigan. "I am Special Agent in Charge Ashton Cardigan of the FBI Cyber Branch, working with the Information and Technology Branch. With me today is Assistant Special Agent In Charge Karina White of this region's Criminal Investigative Division."

Cardigan: "The evidence of a document purporting to have been signed by TCPD Commander Donald Troy taking custody of Mrs. Jerry Morelli, a.k.a. Betty Morelli, was examined for authenticity... and was found to have been forged. Our findings were verified, then communicated to Federal Judge K.M. Landis and U.S. Attorney John Jones early this morning. Judge Landis rescinded the warrants against Commander Troy pending a further review of the evidence."

An image came onto the projector screen next to Cardigan on the dais as he said "There were two major discrepancies in the document. First, the standard form number on the document is the current one, which was implemented into service at the beginning of January, just over two years ago. However, the timeframe of the alleged incident was the April before that, nearly three years ago. It was physically impossible to use this document, which hadn't been created yet, for the timeframe of the incident."

The Press began murmuring, getting restless. Another image appeared on the screen as Cardigan continued: "This is the signature purported to be by Commander Troy. As you can see, it says 'James D. Troy' in rather crude and childish script. A case could be made that Commander Troy signed this left-handed, but I will show you why we think that's not only illogical, but likely not possible."

Another image appeared. "This is how Commander Troy signs his Police documents. As you can see, it's a lot bolder, more confident, and more natural-looking. But most important is this: We have examined as many of Donald Troy's signatures that we could find. We looked at his Army ROTC contract signature, his paperwork of his Commission and his military physicals, his papers while he was in the Army Reserve, his signature on Court documents when he worked in a State Crime Lab, and his signature during his Police career with the TCPD."

Cardigan: "At no time could we find any document of his that was signed 'James D. Troy'. He always signed 'Donald Troy', or 'D. Troy', and a rare few times we found 'J. Donald Troy' or a full 'James Donald Troy'. But never... ever... 'James D. Troy'. And therefore, we not only believe this signature is forged, but it is more than likely that there never was any custody paperwork at all..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Well, I de-clarrrre." said Chief Moynahan as we drank coffee in the Chief's Conference Room. "Congratulations, Commander. That just blew a gaping hole in the Feds's case."

"Thank you, sir." I said tiredly. "But it's only the Fed case. I'm hearing the State is going to try to put together their own case."

"So am I." said Captain Tanya Perlman, the only Angel to attend this coffee klatch.

Sheriff Griswold said "The good news is that they can't destroy your Cabin home much worse than they already have."

"I haven't seen it yet." I said.

"Lieutenant Rudistan did." said the Chief. "He rarely looks angry, but he did when he was talking about it." I nodded, then the Chief stood up as he said "If you'll excuuuuse me, I have some business to doooo, and a Press Conference to a-ttennnnnd."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

9:00am, Wednesday, January 22d. TCPD Chief Sean Moynahan came to the podium of a packed Press Room at TCPD Headquarters. When the shouting, disrespectful reporters finally shut up, he said "I have a statement at this time."

Chief Moynahan: "Earlier this morning, Federal Agents invaded the home of Commander Donald Troy and his wife Dr. Laura Fredricson on a warrant that has since been rescinded, having been issued on what we now know was forged documentary evidence. During the search of the home, an incident occurred, in which ATF Special Agent In Charge Curtis Halsey drew his service weapon and announced his intent to kill a Town & County K-9 Corps Police Officer."

Chief Moynahan: "Both State and local laws state that the killing of a canine Police Officer is a first-class felony crime, requiring no less than a fifteen year prison sentence if convicted, and attempting to kill a Police Office, whether human or canine, is also a first-class felony."

Chief Moynahan: "The K-9 Officer's badge was on his collar and clearly visible when Agent Halsey attempted to kill him. Our Officer's life was saved by the heroic actions of his six-year-old owner, who put her body between the K-9 Officer and the Federal Agent's gun. They were then covered by a TCPD Officer wearing armor protection."

Chief Moynahan: "Agent Halsey continued to attempt to shoot our Officers, both canine and human, and was stopped when another FBI Agent shot him in the leg. I am grateful to that Agent for interdicting Agent Halsey's crimes and possibly saving my Officers's lives."

Chief Moynahan: "I have sworn out a warrant for the arrest of Curtis Halsey, for these crimes, and I have renewwwwwed the charges for previous crimes Halsey committed during the Hospital Bombing incident. He has been taken into custody at University Hospital, where he will remain under arrest and under guard while recovering from his wound. I fully expect the FBI to fully cooperate with the Town & County Police, and ensure that Curtis Halsey will remain in our custody while he awaits and then undergoes trial for his crimes. If you keep it courteous, I'll open up the floor for your questions."

The Press did not keep it courteous. They began shouting questions at him and over each other. With a shrug, the Police Chief walked off the dais and out of the room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Joint FBI-ATF Task Force met in a room in the Old Post Office building behind the Federal Building.

"So." said Dr. Robin Isley. "This has been an absolute disaster. Curtis Halsey is out of surgery, but the damage to his knee is so bad that he likely will be forced to retire from the ATF. And he's under arrest, too."

"We're not going to let these local shits keep him, are we?" said Bob Rovers. "Hell, let's raid the Hospital and fly him out of here, to Hammondsville."

"Good luck." said Robin Isley. "Chief Moynahan, Commander Troy, and Commander Croyle can fly Cobras, and they would shoot Halsey out of the air if we tried to evacuate him by helicopter."

"What is being done to Agent Allgood for shooting Halsey?" asked David Rovers. "I would've shot her dead myself this morning if you hadn't ordered us to stand down."

"Nothing will be done." said Robin Isley. "That child was her niece. And what's more, if you want to try to do something to her, you'll have to take it up with people above all our pay grades, like White-House-level pay grades. Best we simply forget about her."

"I agree." said Bob Rovers. "Especially since our target was Donald Troy."

"And McGinty's Materials." said Martin Nash.

"Which the bastard did not have." said Andrew Parsons. "You fucked up, Nash. Yet again."

"No I didn't, dumb shit." replied Nash. "Didn't you notice? Commander Troy took all of his valuables out of the house. His Japanese swords were gone, his Russian citations, the 'Deer Me, Mr. Holmes, Deer Me' slip of paper, all of it. What he left was copies. And he left the trap door to that cave wide open. Whatever was in there, he took out of there. We just have to find it now."

"And how did he know, dipshit?" replied Andrew Parsons. "How did he know we were coming? Maybe because you went and beat up his contractor, who told him of your visit? The failure for this is on you, Nash, and now you don't have your uncle protecting you. I heard Muscone wanted kill you, Croyle wanted to shoot you, and you know the Iron Crowbar will never forgive you for---"

"Stop it, guys." said Robin Isley. "I have good sources that told me Troy never did have them. We took the shot for you, Martin, and it didn't pan out. So that's back burner now. And with our so-called colleague telling the world that document was forged, we're going to have to take a backseat and let the U.S. Attorney work with the State people to charge Troy with his crimes."

"What are they going to do?" asked Bob Rovers.

"Work with the State people and our allies in the Press." said Isley. "This is not over for Donald Troy, not by a long shot..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Meanwhile...

Karl Handel, State Attorney General, candidate for Governor, and the poster child of the sleaze and corruption that was the Republican Establishment Elites, stepped up to the microphone at the State Capitol to make an announcement to the Press.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Handel said, "I am announcing the formation of a new Independent State Counsel, to investigate the allegations that Town & County Police Commander and SBI Reserve Inspector Donald Troy committed the felony crime of having sex with a woman in his custody. I am pleased to announce that Robert Mullen has agreed to take on this role to thoroughly investigate Donald Troy for these alleged crimes."

He took questions, the first being from the beautiful Indian reporterette in front. "Priya Ajmani, Fox University News." she announced. "Sir, do you believe Governor Jared will withhold his objection of this new Independent State Counsel?"

"I don't care what that racist Jared does." said Handel. "As you know, Priya, the Legislature can override Jared with 60% in each House, and my phone has been ringing off the hook with calls from Legislators that have told me they want Donald Troy to be investigated for these crimes... excuse me, alleged crimes. I'm confident the ISC investigation will be underway by the beginning of next week."

"Tim Sioban, KSB News." said Tim Sioban of KSB News. "Do you believe the Legislature, especially Democrats in the State House, will support you on this?"

Handel replied: "I believe that there is strong bipartisan support to investigate Donald Troy for these serious charges against him. Sex with a woman in his custody is on par with sexual assault, and this is the man who helped Jared get away with sexually harassing two women who made credible claims against the Governor..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

10:00am, Wednesday, January 22d. Bettina Wurtzburg came on at the top of the hour. "This is Bettina Wurtzburg with breaking news! Deeply unpopular Governor Val Jared has formally objected to State Attorney General Karl Handel naming an Independent State Counsel to investigate TCPD Commander Donald Troy!"

Bettina: "The State Legislature has three business days to vote to override the Governor's objection, and it requires a three-fifths majority in each Chamber. Channel Two News has learned that the leadership of both Parties in both Houses of the State Legislature have set aside all other business, and are planning to hold a vote this afternoon..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

During the noon newscasts across the State, it was reported that the State's U.S. Senators, Richard Nunn and Lorraine McGill, had issued statements demanding an investigation of the FBI to determine the source of the faked custody document. Senator Nunn also moved to convene the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee to begin a formal probe. U.S. Congressman Travis Gowron (R - Florida) also moved to begin an investigation in the U.S. House of Representatives.

The Director of National Intelligence, Brendan Chapel, made a statement before Press cameras that a formal Congressional investigation was not needed, and that he was directing the Intelligence Community's Inspector General to begin an investigation.

His comments were immediately attacked by the State's entire U.S. Congressional delegation, with one exception: U.S. Congressman Gerald A. Condor (D- 1st District) could not be found, and his office had issued no statements. His opponent, former Town & County Mayor Larry P. Vaughan, issued a statement blistering Condor for being a no-show during this crisis time. Condor's political supporters in the Democrat Party issued a counter-statement blistering Commander Troy for being a no-show while his homes and family were attacked.