All Comments on 'Nobody Wants An Old Man'

by Mr_Magnificet

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
ummm.....

..this story have given me a headache. what's a 'devoice'?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Yeah the spellings lousey, BUT,

The plot is good. the story line has promise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
To the last commentor

What is lousey?! Why don't you learn how to spell you dumbshit! Go back to skool!

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 16 years ago
Nobody wants bad prose either

Needs a lot of help. The typos are rampant, the style erratic and I'm sure there's a plot in there somewhere, if only I were motivated to go back and look for it. At least try to proofread your prose and weed out the worst of the blunders before you hand it off to an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Actually the story is pretty good.

You need help formatting the story, with word usage, and with spelling. All told I have read stories on here by what is called "good authors" that are much worse. Keep on going. An editor would help you immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Ditto on the editor comment

I scored you low because of the poor spelling. Not a bad story, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Actually, I was more interested

in the child that teh husband had. I am assuming used in this context that the father got pregnant, and birthed his son.

Try for an editor. The spelling was a major turn off and the plot did not make up for the number of errors

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
Story, good---

but the spelling keeps causing us to trip up at the

worst times---

JohnChildJohnChildabout 11 years ago
Don't write the next chapter .................

Don't write the next chapter until you get a better editor and and better spell checker.

The bones are there for a decent story but the spelling and grammar mistakes glare at me so much that I lost the thread of the story. Don't give up, look to your problems and make the story "flow".

Regards John C

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Way too slow of a start to hold my interest. I gave up half way through the first page.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!!

Get either a dictionary or a spell checker!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

That was a total waste of time.

auhunter04auhunter04about 3 years ago

read your work backwards, From all the comments, ya you need some work done. Read the story, then when you read it backwards, what you are doing is tricking your brain. Brains are lazy bastards, it thinks I just wrote this, of course it is ok and sails right errors. once you have read it backwards reread it to make sure your story is still there and the brain will pay better attention.

back when they had real newspapers, this is what the professional proofreaders would do.

Getting someone to help is not a problem, most I know of from here on this site will not charge you.

you showed some good instincts Keep up your work and remember all the assholes telling you to get help have never published anything.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous