Nora's Big Mistake Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She had electromagnetic interference. Angels can manipulate electrical appliances.

She also had the power of flight. When angels are disembodied on Earth, they can fly anywhere they desire, usually in the form of bright smoke or pure light.

She had immortality. Angels do not age and cannot be killed by any ailment or mortal damage. Some angels have existed since the beginning of time.

She was invulnerable. To date, the only things capable of killing angels are Angel Blades, Holy Fire, a stronger angel, Death, Rhea, Reina, and Leviathans. Archangels have even fewer weaknesses. It has been stated that Death's Scythe can kill angels.

She had localization. Angels can localize any human who is not protected by enochian sigils.

She had limited cosmic awareness. All angels have a certain degree of knowledge and awareness of the universe. They have knowledge of demons, other angels, symbols, spells, artifacts, prophets, nephilim and more. They also generally have awareness of the level of power a being has.

She was multilingual. Due to their age, angels are proficient in most, if not all, languages ever spoken on earth.

She had a protective charm. An angel can protect an individual from most forms of physical damage. This degree of protection is linked to an angel's power.

She had pyrokinesis. Angels had the power to burn anything.

She also had regeneration. If an angel's vessel is damaged, it will repair itself nearly instantly unless the wound was caused by angelic weaponry.

She had reality warping. Angels are powerful enough to bend reality to their will. The more powerful the angel, the greater their capability. Even angels cut off from Heaven possess this power to some extent. Archangels possess this power to the greatest extent, being able to conjure items and beings out of nothing.

She had sedation. Angels are able to render humans unconscious with a touch.

She had the power of smiting. Perhaps an angel's most versatile and terrifying weapon, smiting (sometimes known as the Killing Touch) allows the angel to kill almost any demon, monster and even humans with a touch. Smiting is often exhibited when angels place their hands or palms on their adversaries' face, forehead, or mouth.

She also had super stamina. Angels never tire, and they do not require food, water, oxygen, or sleep to sustain themselves.

She had super strength. Once possessing a vessel, angels use their power to dramatically increase the physical strength threshold of their hosts. Their strength varies from angel to angel, depending on their position within the celestial hierarchy; lesser angels (cherubs, rit zien and common angels) are still considerably powerful and are able to destroy most monsters and regular to mid-level demons, while seraphim, mid-level angels, can destroy all monsters and middle to high-level demons and virtually all lesser angels. Archangels are the most powerful class of angels of all, and one of the most powerful beings in Creation overall. As such, they easily outclass most other supernatural beings with Rhea, Death, Jack and Reina being their only confirmed superiors.

Another power she had was super senses. All angels enhance their vessels' senses to a superhuman level. Angels possess an acute sense of smell. This sense of smell is heightened to the point where they can identify people by smelling their body, bone or by their blood. Angels can also identify people by sniffing their genes and hormones as well. Because angels operate on a different plane of existence, they can see atoms and ions which are impossible for humans to see. Angels can hear a human's conversations miles away from them, and they are somehow able to locate any human on the planet and find them, but they can't locate people if they are protected by an Enochian charm or symbol. They also have an amazing sense of taste and are able to taste every molecule in a piece of food.

She had supernatural perception. Angels are able to see almost all supernatural activity around them. They could even see Reapers, which remain invisible except to those they are seeking. They can also see demons and Hellhounds. They can also sense any location, being, or object not protected by Enochian Symbols. This perception also extends to electromagnetic waves, and can decipher radio modulation signals.

She had telekinesis. Angels are able to telekinetically move beings and objects with their mind. They are able to use this power in a more aggressive manner like demons, but are often not depicted as doing so.

She had telepathy. Angels can read the minds of other angels if they have the permission of the angel. Higher angels such as Seraphs and Archangels can also read human minds.

She also had terrakinesis. Quinn was able to carve the Grand Canyon with her powers.

She also had temporal awareness. Angels are capable of becoming aware whenever any alteration occurs within the time-stream, allowing them to discern alternate timelines and the like.

She had voice mimicry. Angels can perfectly mimic the voice of mortals.

She also had lie detection. Angels can sense whether or not a human is lying to them if they so wish.

She had spell casting. Angels can cast spells.

She had enhanced chronokinesis. Using the power of Heaven, angels are able to enhance their ability to travel through time if they own the ability.

She had healing. Angels can cause the wounds, diseases, and toxins of another being to heal instantaneously.

She had the power of resurrection. Angels can bring the dead back to life. However, they must know where all the pieces of the original body are, and they must have the soul of the subject. However, if the soul is in Heaven, they apparently don't need to physically retrieve it. Similar to the Human Body Restoration Ritual, angels can restore human bodies that have been destroyed.

She had the power of smiting. Angels are able to destroy low to mid-level demons with a simple touch, however the demon has to be in a host body, as this doesn't work on their smoke form. However, they can grip a demon's smoke form and force it back into a host body to smite the demon. They can also use it to kill monsters and humans.

She had advanced astral projection. Higher angels' astral form is more intense than lower angels.

She had advanced biokinesis. Seraphs can stop people from turning into monsters. Higher-level angels were able to render a man blind with just a touch.

She had advanced chronokinesis. Higher angels can travel through time and are also able to transport people through time and bring them back without needing an external source to power them.

She had clairsentience. They would be able to track a Nephilim when it used its powers. The fallen angel would be able to detect that a person had been drinking demon blood.

She had the power of advanced dream walking. The seraph was able to enter peoples' dreams and take others with him.

She had advanced healing. While normal angels possess the ability to heal through their connection to Heaven, Seraphim possess the power of their own-not needing the aforementioned connection.

She had advanced holy white light. A particularly lethal power, some angels can unleash a highly concentrated blast of pure energy from their palms to destroy targets. The level of destruction can be controlled. It is unknown that regular angels can use this power to smite supernatural beings unlike a seraph.

She had advanced pyrokinesis. Powerful angels can generate and manipulate fire. Interestingly, this didn't simply destroy the vessel, it also killed the angel, suggesting the fire had a supernatural element to it.

She had the power of advanced resurrection. An angel was able to bring people back without needing a connection to Heaven. The archangels also possess this. Following the Fall of the Angels, stronger angels still retain this power, though except for the archangels, it is not nearly as easy for them.

She had advanced smiting. Higher angels are able to smite beings with less effort and are stronger than common angels. When higher angels fall from grace, they don't lose their ability to smite.

She had advanced telepathy. By touching a person's forehead and concentrating, she was able to see their memories.

She had hypnotism. As a seraph, Quinn was able to hypnotize a Secret Service agent by placing her hand on the man's forehead and giving the agent a command.

She had invisibility. Seraphs and Cherubs can become invisible to humans.

She had memory manipulation. Powerful angels are able to erase, restore, alter, and fabricate memories in the minds of humans. Quinn was able to use this power to implant her memories of Rhea's various betrayals into Michael's head despite her powers failing and the strength of the archangel.

She had soul reading/channeling. Angels are able to physically interact with and read a human's soul by literally placing their hands inside a person's chest. However, the process is a painful experience for the human and could leave a person with physical and mental damage. They can also use the soul as a source of energy, but the pain is even greater for the human, and there is the risk of an explosion if the angel is not careful.

She had power negation. Powerful angels such as seraphs are capable of removing psychic powers from human beings permanently. However, the process is very painful and can leave the person mentally damaged.

She had vessel locking. Powerful angels can hold a demon in smoke form as if it was tangible and force the demon to return to its vessel.

She had nigh-omnipotence. Archangels possess near-infinite power which allows them to do virtually anything they wish.

She had nigh-omniscience. Archangels possess near-infinite knowledge, awareness and perception of the whole universe. They can instantly detect events transpiring throughout the whole universe, and they know almost completely everything.

She had nigh-omnipresence. Archangels can be almost everywhere in the whole universe at once if they wanted to. They are nearly all-present, all-hearing and all-seeing.

She had unlimited terrakinesis. Archangels are able to create severe quakes.

She had unlimited conversion. Quinn created the race of demons by twisting human souls. It is unknown if other archangels have the capability to do so.

She had unlimited electrokinesis. Angels could produce powerful arcs of electricity that appeared from their backs.

She had unlimited energy blasts. Archangels are capable of instantly conjuring and weaponizing very large and powerful blueish energy in the form of blasts at will, as shown when Quinn attacked Rhonda and Bridget with a single blue energy blast, which knocked them off their feet but did no damage.

She had unlimited chronokinesis. Archangels have the most advanced powers over time. Quinn is able to put someone through a time loop for as long as he wants. Quinn was able to effortlessly send two humans back to their time with a single touch. Quinn was able to transport someone 100 years into the past. Archangels can easily send themselves and/or others forwards or backwards in time with a thought, no matter how far into the past or future it is.

She had unlimited holy white light. Archangels can blast nearly anything into oblivion with their white light. They can also control this power from completely obliterating something to only severely damaging it.

She had unlimited reality warping. Archangels can alter reality to an unlimited degree. This ability is better demonstrated by the archangel, who can instantly create anything he wants out of thin air and can even put people in a TV universe, alternate universes, and endless time loops.

She had unlimited conjuration. Archangels can instantly create absolutely anything out of thin air.

She had highly advanced immunity. Angels has displayed immunity to holy fire as it only hurts him rather than being fatal.

She had unlimited mental manipulation. Archangels can alter any beings mind to an unlimited degree, and can control, alter and influence anyone's behavior, emotions, actions, thoughts, and memories.

She had unlimited molecular combustion. Archangels are able to render beings, including angels, monsters and demons down to their component molecules, causing them to instantly explode.

She had unlimited power augmentation. Quinn's presence on Earth greatly enhanced the powers of Rhea and Reina.

She had unlimited power granting.

She had highly advanced precognition. Quinn and other angels are able to see a glimpse of the future.

She had unlimited shapeshifting. Quinn was able to take multiple forms while not in a vessel.

She had unlimited thermokinesis. Quinn demonstrated the ability to freeze a pane of glass with her breath. Her presence can cause an entire town to drop in temperature. Other angels could do the opposite and cause a door handle to heat up intensely. Quinn later showed the ability to heat up the handcuffs to the point that they melted.

She had unlimited weather manipulation. Quinn was able to generate storms that caused blackouts over the entire Eastern Seaboard. She could also unleash incredibly fierce winds with his release and also cause thunder when summoned.

She had unlimited exorcism. Angels were at least capable of exorcising demons and sending them back to Hell with just a snap of his fingers.

She had unlimited portal creation. Through the use of spells, Angels could open portals and rifts to alternate universes.

She had the power to capture. Angels were powerful enough to overpower regular angels in an individual fight, after the demon's failed attempt to kill Reapers to break a seal.

She had combined smiting. The angels of Heaven are able to combine their powers into an extremely powerful focused smite. This was shown when all the angels in Heaven smited Reina in a single unified blow and believed that not even she could survive an attack of such magnitude in a flashback. Despite the attack proving not to be fatal to her, it did seem to somewhat weaken her and she did need magical assistance, from her demons, to help her recover.

She had angel barrier removal. A group of six angels were able to combine their power to perform a ritual to heat up and melt the angel warding on a ship. Though this took time and effort, they only came close to breaking through the warding before they were killed.

She had the power of matchmaking. Certain types of angels in the Cherub class, e.g. Cupids, use a special sigil called a Cupid's Bow to bring couples together. Couples touched by a cupid have their hearts marked with an enochian sigil.

She also had empathy. Angels in the Rit Zien class can sense another being's emotions and experiences related to pain.

She had unique smiting. The Rit Zien have a unique method of smiting their victims by vaporizing them completely.

She had apportioning. Angels were able to apportion humans and monsters when they had wings.

She had teleportation. Angels are able to travel from one place to another, instantly, without occupying the space in between. However, they require their wings to teleport. They can also summon or send other beings. After the Fall, angels lost the ability to teleport. However, the archangels are still able to teleport.

She had chronokinesis. Angels can travel through time, in either direction. They can also take others with them, and just send others without going themselves. However, this is a very difficult ability to master with or without Heaven's assistance. More powerful angels such as Seraphim or Archangels are able to manipulate time with less effort, even when cut off from Heaven. Unfortunately after the Fall, angels lose their ability to travel through time. However, Quinn is still able to use this power as she still has intact wings.

"We understand what is happening," Quinn said. "Reina has gone too far. She has to be stopped. If Aunty Rhea won't help, we will."

"We," Kathy said. "Who's we?"

Suddenly, they were all surrounded by multiple agents. "We don't want to harm you and your daughter," Agent Dixie said. "Just give us your daughter and her friends and we'll be on our way."

Cecile, Jenna and Kathy were now completely surrounded. But Cecile and Jenna were not going to surrender to these agents. "We won't join you for your sick twisted game," Cecile said.

Agent Dixie smiled as she drew her Skorpion SMG 61 submachine gun. "Well then," she said. "I guess we have to do this the hard way." She snapped her fingers.

The other agents then proceeded to strip the women naked and then handcuffed them together.

"Why are you doing this?" Allie said. "We didn't do anything to you."

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the other women, Fiona's squad stealthily snuck into the park. Fiona, and the other schoolgirls then headed to the roofs of the buildings.

Fiona notched an arrow to her bow and waited patiently for Agent Dixie to move into range.

"Any sign of the agents?" Dakota asked.

Fiona nodded. "I'm glad we got here in time," she said. "From my view, I count 12 agents. We need to eliminate them quickly and efficiently. We can't have any mistakes."

Dakota nodded. Dakota, Becca, Gretta, Fiona, and 8 other schoolgirls then fired their shots, killing the agents.

Kathy looked around. "What the fuck?" She said. "What happened?"

Fiona, her parents and the rest of her squad then showed up.

The two squads; Fiona's and Kathy's, then proceeded to hug each other. Kathy hugged Fiona tightly. "I thought I would never see you again," Kathy said, sobbing into the young archer's shoulder.

Fiona stroked her girlfriend's head. "I'm not going to let you die," she said.

Kathy smiled. She didn't want to die. Fiona kissed her forehead. "I'm scared Fio," she said. "Why is this happening? When does it end? When does it fucking end?"

Fiona held her girlfriend tight as she tried to comfort her. "Kath," she said. "Listen to me. Stryker is not going to win. She might be powerful and merged with a supernatural entity, but I won't lose you. I love you too much to let you go."

Fiona and Kathy then embraced each other and kissed. "I love you too Fio," Kathy said, sobbing into the young archer's shoulder.

In another part of the park....

Quinn was sitting on a bench. The other individual, Rhonda's double, was blowing her. Rhonda's double was named Hera.

While Quinn was a angel, Hera was a demon. Demons possess powers and abilities that were granted by Reina, their creator/mother. After their spiritual decay is complete, demons develop supernatural abilities. It is unknown how demons' powers increase. However, it seems they do not gain it purely from age.

These abilities are possessed by all demons. One power is demonic possession. Like angels, most demons require a human vessel or "meatsuit" to travel on Earth. Unlike angels, they do not need a person's consent. Also unlike angels, demons can possess corpses. It is easier to take control of people who are in states of heightened emotions or fear. When possessing a human, the Demon invades their muscles, bones and brains and can also access their host's memories while possessing them (even if it is a brief possession). This ability can be thwarted by Anti-possession tattoos. Also under certain circumstances, the person being possessed can regain control if his or her will is strong enough. They can also possess humans who are already possessed by an angel (and probably by another demon), but the only problem is the angel can neutralize it, because angels are naturally stronger than demons. In many cases, the demon will ride the host hard for fun and once they vacate, the host will die. Some demons appear to have preferences when possessing someone, Lilith likes to possess young schoolgirls (18 or above), the Seven Deadly Sins appeared to prefer vessels guilty of the sins they embodied, and the Disaster Demons to possess people who were in a mentally weakened state caused by fear.