All Comments on 'Not Another Christmas Movie'

by MsCherylTerra

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
norafaresnorafaresover 4 years ago
Five Stars

Heart-warming, funny, relatable and well-written. Five stars all the way.

Paiger123Paiger123over 4 years ago
So Good!

Loved it! Your characters are so real and emotionally complex that their falling in love is totally believable and relatable. Great Job (again).

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Wonderful Story

What a great intro to the holiday season!

You're a star in the making, MsCheryl. I'm glad I found your work

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
I love a good romance.

Make it a Christmas romance and you have a real winner! Nice story and 5 *s from me!

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 4 years ago
December will be magic again...

...now that Nicki has rediscovered her Christmas spirit, with the help of the man she has fallen in love with, Cole.

This was an absolutely fantastic story. The way they both dealt with terrible ordeals from a past Christmas, which caused conflict between them for a time, but then led to them finding love with each other... that was truly heartwarming. Of course, the Christmas Day sex scenes were hot and steamy enough to melt every bit of snow at the North Pole.

To top it all off, "Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You" is one of my favorite 1980s Christmas songs. Cheers to you, Cheryl, and thank you for writing this. May all your holiday wishes come true. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved It!

So I should be going to bed but stayed up to read this.....great characters and fabulous dialogue. Sex was good too. The switch ups between hallmark/reality were really effective and cleverly done. I was really rooting for these guys!! Thanks for sharing.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago
Perfectly crafted. 5 stars are far too few.

Amazing, Cheryl. A beautiful and heartfelt story that's also hot as hell. The characters are people I want to know.

I love the story and your writing made it flow perfectly. No distractions. Just some smiles, tears, a hard-on, and a contented sigh from a happy tale. The Hallmark interjections were well done. I'm a sappy Hallmark Christmas movie junkie. You took it to new heights. For sharing your talents, my gratitude overfloweth!

ezbodezbodover 4 years ago
Thank you

Good story, well paced. Hot chocolate and 25 minutes reading, time well spent.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Sweetness!

Wonderful writing, great story. Cheryl is a hella fast rising star, fo sho! Full marks from me. Randi.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 4 years ago
5 stars

Just once I would like one of these to be about someone fucked by a minotaur

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago

Sweet, very Christmas-sy romance. The plot was interesting and beyond the usual conflict-free boy-meets-girl recipe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Anonymous

I give out very few 5 stars. Well done and finely crafted story. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hell of a Fine Story

Thoroughly enjoyed your story, especially the contrasts between the Hallmark plot and what happened. You did a great job and thank you for your effort. Good luck in the contest.

Bh76Bh76over 4 years ago
Wow

The best story I’ve ever read on this site!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great writing!

While I myself can't write worth a damn, as an avid reader of all kinds of work can with some authority say you very much know what you're doing. Very well done, good developement, great use of the inner voice. Hope you win, 'cause you deserve it!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 4 years ago
Much like a Hallmark movie...

(despite the disclaimer). I thought it was--except for the sex part. :) I particularly savored this story as it was told. MsCheryl, you have a way with words, plot, characters, and emotions. While reading, it seems I got something stuck in my eye.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I’m very impressed with your writing. This story was no exception, showing an excellent, engrossing storyline and non-traditional surprises. Love it!

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
Beautiful, well-written story

A sweet, wonderfully written story that had some heat to it as well.

5 golden ... stars.

Hooked

TheDarkStoogerhoodTheDarkStoogerhoodover 4 years ago

Tis the season for an orgy fa la la la la la la la la! Write one pls. I must have. Would be a great present for the holiday season. If not, an oily donut will do.

PS this story is the tits

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice!

The only thing I didn't like was the annoying side trips into Hallmark movies. Skipping over those was unnecessarily tedious.

jmcharl1jmcharl1over 4 years ago

What a beautiful story! And I especially loved the Hallmark side dialogue. You wrote a unique story that kept me entranced from beginning to end. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A true 5*

I rarely give out such scores. This deserves it.

One minor complaint: “toeing the line” means following protocol or orders. I believe you meant “tip toeing the line.”

TatankaBillTatankaBillabout 4 years ago
Christmas is...

...coming and coming and coming again. This is very sweet and as always such fun to read. It's not your grandfather's Oldsmobile and definitely not your grandmother's Christmas. Unless you have a VERY cool grandma.

You are a fine writer and an even better storyteller, MsCherylTerra.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
3 stars...

not bad, though a bit too long...

in real life, disgustingly intrusive christmas hype is a major turn off for me...but i'm not judging others' tastes. sex scenes good.

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

Hello Anonymous!

"3 stars...

not bad, though a bit too long...

in real life, disgustingly intrusive christmas hype is a major turn off for me...but i'm not judging others' tastes. sex scenes good."

Seriously? I mean... c'mon, seriously? Did your caretaker help you formulate and then type that comment? The story is titled: "Not Another Christmas Movie" and you are reading it in March, yet you claim to dislike Christmas hype. Did you expect the story to be a treatise on deforestation or the lifespan of Aardvarks? On top of that, you give a clearly well written story a 3. You can't even muster up a 4 for a story that clearly is HoF caliber. That says a hell of a lot more about you than it does the story or author.

.

No offense, but people as clearly cognitively impaired as you are shouldn't be allowed to vote.

norafaresnorafaresabout 4 years ago

@the Annie who graciously gave 3 stars

Bah humbug. I wonder what a Christmas-loathing Scrooge is doing reading a story with Christmas in the title in March, lol. The story is at an appropriate length to properly explain everything that happened. The author did not make a wham bam thank you ma'am kind of story. You look like you were here for a stroke. May I recommend a non-Christmas story in Erotic Couplings next time, dumbass?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
One of my favorite

Yep that last song is one of my favorite Christmas songs.

Oh and you are one of my favorite writers as well.

PickFictionPickFictionabout 4 years ago
Same as always

And that means spectacular as expected. Your plots and story composition are totally fascinating. The characters are captivating and the dialogue is enticingly clever. Sex is good too of course, but only enhances the story. You're the best.

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 4 years ago

Ste. Nick

got a piece of Cole in her stocking. What a marvelous tale, Ms Cheryl.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I'm hooked!

This is the second story of yours that I read. It was just as good as the first. The sex scenes are great, but it's your writing that's going to keep me coming back! Thanks for sharing your talent!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This Story Reminded Me

Of two songs that no one else should ever record; Bing's 'White Christmas' and Vaughn Monroe's 'Let It Snow', Let It Snow, Let It Snow... Now about that peppermint hot chocolate, do 'Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares' count? And yes, Die Hard 1 & 2 are Both Christmas movies. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This is probably my incredibly astute observation skills speaking (like a literotica haruspex, me), but maybe you're a little ... ambivalent about hallmark movies?

I just read your latest Nellie story and decided to check whether anything in your oeuvre could keep me from having to do any work for a while longer, and lucky me! Awesome story, loved it - obviously :) Since you specifically ask for feedback in your bio, I have one thing: I think the hallmark jokes would have worked slightly better if there were less of them; by the third one I was kind of expecting it, and while it still hit the mark it didn't really have the same impact as the earlier ones. Still funny, to be sure, but maybe not quite as funny as they could have been? Anyway, I'm kind of grasping for stuff I only found 96% ideal, so again:

Thank you for sharing this with us!

NaiaTinkAbellaNaiaTinkAbellaover 3 years ago
I love this story

But I skipped over the hallmark scenes. The same thing could have been accomplished in a sentence or two

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

LOVED this story! I can’t wait for them to have a Christmas wedding and lots of Christmas babies lol!!!!

JoeOzoJoeOzoover 3 years ago
It’s funny and ironic...

...that two completely opposite comments about Hallmark Christmas movies sit atop each other. I’m not a huge fan of them myself, but they were crucial to the plot, and not overly done IMO. They added the right amount of cynicism to the whole story. And, I see Ms. Cheryl has some fierce defenders here...deservedly so!

Cheryl, in the one year from this story being written to your most recent ventures, I see a growth and maturity to your writing which was already superb.

Anyone who has not read them yet, should read the Runaway/Finding Home series that will draw you deeply in, and wring every damn tear you have out of you! If it doesn’t, time to check for a pulse.

I liked this story about how a bad incident can turn one into a cynic of the worst kind. Not to be trite, and speaking from experience, but it only happens if we let it. The graveyard scene was as moving and poignant as any novel I’ve read and so glad it was used to turn Nicki around.

Great storytelling and lessons for life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great Story

There is a joy in reading a well crafted story. I did enjoy the comparison of how her life was going and how it should have gone had it been a Hallmark movie. It kept the story light despite the weighty issues being described.

RPGerRPGerabout 3 years ago
I am a Hallmark fan

You had some moments down cold, including the random interruptions just as things might get intimate. I loved it. The only thing missing was product placement comments in the 'if this were Hallmark' sections.

Antryg_WindroseAntryg_Windrosealmost 3 years ago

I've never seen any Hallmark flick and I bet I'm joined there by many in the US, and more in the rest of the world. But I do empathize with the overblown-Xmas trope. I try to avoid stores and media during December. And being served with divorce papers the day after Xmas didn't boost my love of the season. This story leaves me grumpy. Sorry.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Far

Far too long for what it was.

Mike9947Mike9947almost 3 years ago

Gosh - amazing - your ability to tell the story from the perspective of all the conflict in her mind - and the Hallmark bits were altogether sexy and funny.

Thankfully when you got to “IT” you didn’t “fade to black” - your expressions of love making speak of a woman who is very experienced and very self aware. Some things can’t simply be made up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Definitely one of the top stories on this site. Nice story, great writing. Steady buildup ending with wonderful description of the sex between the two hut souls.

References to Hallmark is good humor.

Five stars from me.

Will definitely come back to read it again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are an aweful woman. An old man like me should not have tears for your stories. Shame on me for loving them.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 2 years ago

We loved it

I like to read to my blind wife. We totally enjoyed your tale. The sex scenes were quite good, with a realistic feel and a good build.

nlconfused9nlconfused9over 2 years ago

I was expecting a light hearted read, but hit page 3 and teared up. I was not ready for his side fo the story. Well written and good pace overall

johnkalagianjohnkalagianabout 2 years ago

One of your very best.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

Wow! That was a rollercoaster of emotion.

joeoggijoeoggialmost 2 years ago

Wow. You deserve a bigger audience than Literotica. Your writing, your quick development of fully realized characters is amazing. Wow congratulations!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant story! I just loved it. Made me cry, again. You are such a good writer. You capture the reality of the human experience as it relates to the love between two people. Your love scenes mirror the bonding that happens when you fall in love. There is no more powerful experience than sharing sex with your partner. What amazes me is how sex keeps strengthening that bond, providing all goes well. This is such a beautiful story despite their difficulties.

WillJackWillJackabout 1 year ago

"Morning, Nicki! Enjoying yourself?"

I smiled politely, refused to imagine what that question would sound like with his head between my legs, and nodded.

I started laughing at this point, and laughed louder further down the page. Again, great to read a story in which women's sexuality is presented in way that is both fun and smokin' hot.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindabout 1 year ago

Such a good writer. Love your stuff. I particularly enjoyed the way you took the piss out of the Hallmark syrup and then gave us just that at the end. Genius!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You're easily one of the best writers I've ever read. The way you wove Hallmark throughout was exceptional.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMsCherylTerra@MsCherylTerra
Update 11/30/2023: It's been a minute! Wanted to say thank you all for selecting As You Wish and Dear Babe/Dear Bastard as Readers Choice stories for 2022. I didn't post about the awards this year since there were some less-than-nice things being thrown around last year, so ...