All Comments on 'Not Going to Happen'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 192 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Dump the Bastard

Rhonda should dump the bastard. There are a lot better men out there than the one she married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Story

Just a few typos. Another run through would fix those.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Marriage crisis

Interesting marriage crisis story. I do not say she or he were the culprit. I think both were the couses of the crisis.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 10 years ago
Thanks

Tough Love! Glad it worked out and they got back to loving each other with a better understanding of their relationship. good job!!!!!!

doodlesdaddoodlesdadover 10 years ago
Hero?

Your hero's bit of a jerk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
She should have divorced him

The "hero" is anything but. He's an arrogant self-centered moron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
not one of your better

ones but ten times better then all stories posted on this day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I love seeing a new Slirpuff tale in the new LW list

Because yes, you'll get some thought provoking twist

composed around some stubborn blowhard's near miss

the why's and wherefore's of this marital evolution

Cheaper to keep her, the devil you know,

Rather then the demon home-grown out of boredom and apathy

Either together or apart, still we must grow

While this betrayal breaks my heart, one last (I hoped) fresh start

will tell me the rest of all I ever need to show

Together or apart, can my love for you still flow?

Thanks Slirpuff, I appreciate your quality musings over fidelity. I'd much rather see the bare bones of this fine example today, emulated to the threshold of "may be that's just a little too much repetition", than to be forced to compare it against the unrelenting agony experienced by being exposed to the extreme fetish of humiliation, wimp-cuck servitude drama bullSHIT typically cycled through Lit's LW spinner, UGH!, on the daily!!! Thank you for continuing to be one of my favorites here, and one of Lit's few but great masters! Don't stop believing!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
They call it ' Irreconcilable Differences' for a reason

This story reminded me of those dust up arguments that John Wayne and Maureen so often used to get into when paired together cinematically. Big gestures & loud words taking precedence over empathy and meaningful communication that Slirpuff excels at writing . This author doesn't handout halos to any of his characters. Kudos on that account.

My main problem is the abbreviated conversations, long silences , abrupt departures paired with the reconciliation. The emphasis is on turmoil - apparently the wife, surrounded by his embargo of silence , surrenders. I'm not buying it.She was a borderline shrew & bitch, for most of the story but has a 9th inning change of heart? There should have been a subplot about a local zoo leopard inexplicably losing its spots to match.

This is a lesser effort by a hall of fame author. The trademark bellows of outrage and sparks as before. The time spent detailing core attractions and shared values that gave ' A Little Bit of Death ' hall of fame status took a back seat. You have to fight as hard for peace as you do in war.

Credit should be given for effort given and values upheld in terms of the happy ending found. I beg to differ, however, that these two disparate, hardheaded characters could reconcile for long merely for sake of having a " happily ever after ending " tacked onto their story. This story's heart was in the right place, but its characters' brains, however, were often missing in action.

svg1svg1over 10 years ago
Troubled

Nice, well written anatomy of a troubled marriage. In this scenario, there's a good chance the union will survive and may even eventually grow into a very healthy marriage. Very though provoking story. Husband a little to impulsive and childish at times, a marked lack of communication from both. There's still a subtle nagging question about Rhonda fucking Stewart, she hedged a couple times when the question was posed to her. If she's as honest as she claims, that hedging raises a real question. She realized that sex outside of the marriage would be a real deal breaker, and she didn't want the marriage to end. Honesty and trust may be a little undermined, but hard work and time and commitment could overcome. If it so happened that while Steve was pulling away, that Stewart had been more attractive, a little smoother, and had been sophisticated enough to not present himself as such an asshole, This story would have a much different outcome.

MIK3LMIK3Lover 10 years ago
Realy???

I was left with the distinct impression that he will never know if she cheated or not. Her words say no but... her actions are not nearly as clear.

I am not saying whether she did or not, that is for the author to know. I just feel she was well on her way out the door. Even if that is true she owes her spouse a divorce before she starts stepping out the door.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
Two flawed characters?

Or just two people trying to work things out. Interesting and well written. At different stages of the story I disliked both characters but in the end just saw two people trying to make it work. 4*

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
Bravo for a well thought out story!

What some people don't understand is that our "Hero," did what he had to do to win his wife back. He recognized what attracted her to the asshole and turned it around. It is a fact that a lot of women goe for the "bad boys." If someone chases them, they lose respect for that person, but when someone is indifferent and they have to do the chasing, it's a different matter.

Hubby was NOT an asshole, he did what he had to do and it worked. I know this is simply fiction, but you'd be surprised how many times in real life this works. Too many husbands are, "pleasers," and their wives lose respect for someone who constantly gives in to their wishes. I loved this story and gave it 5*.

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
The good, the bad and the ugly

The good: Always good to see a Slirpuff story. No one does marital spats like him. The hubby's approach is similar to that taken in sirsemega's "That Which You Don't Have...", but perhaps more realistic and ugly. I noted the wife's inconsistencies (in one paragraph she says she would have slept with the guy if he had asked her, then she says she wouldn't do that behind hubby's back). It bugged me, but then I got it (I think): the point wasn't what she did or didn't do, it was that hubby found a way to pull her back from the brink.

The bad: Honestly, given how the hubby acted in the extended backstory, I couldn't figure out why the wife was so in love with the prick or why she feared losing him so much. I appreciate a protag that isn't squeaky clean, but this guy was a bit of a shit.

The ugly: Not enough meat in the story, considering the long backstory. Also, the wife as helpless when faced with the charms of another man (even one she thinks of as an asshole) plotline tends to make women seek stupid, weak, and child-like. It's an okay concept for an individual story, but it's sort of demeaning and unrealistic.

Generally:

4 stars.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

Great little tale. Wife was a spoiled bitch who threw a tantrum when for once she didn't get her own way. Acting like a shrew for three weeks was the straw that broke Hubby's back yet he's an asshole when he stopped putting up with her shit?

Hell, her hesitation in answering his question about fucking around should of earned her a hell of a lot more grief than just being left to fend for herself for a few days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Say what you want.

The greater majority seem to enjoy reading this story. A couple of wimp cuckold lovers disagree, normal fare for this type story. Glad you came along to write something this week, pickings were getting awful slim in loving wives. The wimpy cuckolds have a death grip on loving wives. Some readers are starting to call this category "cuckerotica" and with good cause. Some very good observation on this story by most readers. Good, bad or indifferent, always enjoy a Slirpuff tale.Keep them coming. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
if my wife told meshe was planning to cheat, i would be gone, totally

to much disrespect and lack of love, never would get past it

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
can anyone of you stupid anonymous fucktards Explain WHY the Husband is at fault?

The critical thinking process of some you fucking idiots is a little scary. The issue isn't whether not the husband act like a good person... Sure I can see why some people would think the husband act like a asshole. BUT... he did not turn out this way in a vacuum.

There was a catalyst which drove him into becoming this jerk. The wife is busy chasing the American dream and keeping up with the joneses only to find out that such shallow soup official values and goals don't make you happy. So instead of turning back to her Husband... the one guy who has been with her for 20 + years ... she decides fucking somebody who she knows to be PROVEN asshole... Is the better way to go.

If you are that unhappy with to life in your marriage isn't a spouse who has been with you for 20 plus years be the first person who should know how how unhappy you are?

Shouldn't that spouse be the FIRST person who gets a crack to fix it?

Clearly most of you morons miss this key point. It's not so much as she decided that it was okay or viable to have sex outside of the marriage ... It is also the fact that she knows the person she's thinking about screwing is a known proven NEGATIVE commodity. The wife has made a value statement about what she wants and what she thinks is important and it has nothing to do with her husband.

The wife's mindset has changed or evolve into this perspective over a few years or over several months but from the Husband's point of view this is all shocking a brand new

.

Yet according to you anonymous assholes who think that is truly the husband's fault.. it is perfectly OK for the wife's perspectives of the marriage to change over time into one which thinks that cheating is OK... But the husband is not allowed to have ANY time to react to adjust his mindset and his emotions.

Why is that.? Why is that the person thinking of doing serious damage the marriage is OK but the other person or spouse who has to adjust their mindset or perspective... They are now the bad guy??

What is wrong with you people?

oshawoshawover 10 years ago

Always enjoy your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
slirpuff, good to see youback

another good story from you. some of those who commented I wonder if they really read the story. she was fantasizing an affair and pushed him away, so she did not act it out and at least they were able to work out their differences, no cheating, no divorce. us men always think of a beautiful women as some one we want to have sex with and about 50% of us act this out in our lifetime, women are starting to catch up. but the human mind is amazing in the direction it can lead us, down the path of doing something that is not acceptable behavior in our society.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well done Slirpuff

This must be one of your very best.

(Winterfrog)

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Interesting

Doesn't sound like a tale. Sounds like life. Not in the fast lane. Let us know how it turns out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good to See

Good to See Slirpuff in fine form, with a good tale, well told.

And Harry, too, at his vituperative best.

Just gotta, gotta, ... Love this game

Kilroy.

sbart921sbart921over 10 years ago
Well Done and

ditto what laptopwriter commented. Good to see something new from you Slirpuff; great as always,

bigguy323bigguy323over 10 years ago
So, She "Says" she didn't sleep with the ass hole. I, for one don't believe her.

I think she DID and he started treating her like the whore she was.

If it were me, I would get tested for STDs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I Don't Think So

It doesn't end that quickly. When its gone that far and been pushed to those limits, the apartness doesn't end that quickly. You may have a happy--happy phase but the resentment by the husband will linger. It is not a relationship able to withstand stress of any kind.

patilliepatillieover 10 years ago
Good little tale

and good to see Slirpuff back writing. The hubby had to do what he did, but I was concerned for a bit that the lack of communication was going to doom these two. Thanksfully, the resolution of having the wife demand a sit down was utilized and made the story satisfactory from an emotional perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Always like your stuff, but...

Your protagonist is a bit of an ass in this one. I find myself sympathetic to Rhonda despite her emotional infidelity.

Both men and women go through points in their lives when they are vulnerable to irrational attraction. The solution is to win your spouse back...not punish them, especially if their attraction to the other was never realized.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THE READERS DONT KNOW WHAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

but in the vernacular Something Is because something is always better than a nothing, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Welcome back, Slirpuff.

Missed your unique perspectives especially regarding blatant cheaters.

ace4869ace4869over 10 years ago
I liked it.

Being in the age group and going through some of what he's going through, I can kinda relate! Somethimes you gotta stand your ground and let them know you ain't gonna put up with their shit after a lifetime of pampering them, and then they take it for granted. Pisses me off!

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
How far

Perhaps she did not sleep with him, however she did mention what they had done !

Perhaps it was flirty, dirty talking, kiss and a cuddle after a lunch date, or maybe so fondling of one another !

This was more than what the husband has done to another woman. In fact he has done nothing except dance !

There is a case to answer for by the wife I feel ! ?

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
I liked it

He basically gave Rhonda tough love,he showed her what an arrogant jerk lime Atewart would treat her to.He is mature enough,unlike some,to understand that she was emotionally cheating and she had to realize she had choices....and forces her to make a decision. There is a funny thing about being taken for granted,as she did hubby,and that is it is a compliment in feeling comfortable enough to do so,yet it is an insult too because it tells the other person being taken for granted they don't matter.I didn't like his way of doing it,with going to the club and such,but he made her realize what she was doing was stupid,and him acting like a jerk like,stewart would is what did it.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Great Story, and... I Agree with Harry 100%

This husband did nothing to deserve how his wife dissed him and treated him. Harry is correct and I do not agree with the comments that he is an ass, et cetera. Great portrayal of a selfish woman.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 10 years ago
The First Half

Was a rather well-written boiler plate of how a marriage grows and changes over time. The second half was also boiler plate, of how a shit for brains deals with normal marital problems. Five stars for thought-provocation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great story

5 stars. I have to disagree, by going to dinner alone and to a jazz bar, then to a corporate function with someone else.. that did nothing? communication was lost, what changed was his wounded pride. I find both at fault. forgetting all they accomplished together as a couple, partner, in fact life partners. I am glad the 25 years did mean something. I hope the next chapter to this is a happy one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Yeay!

I'm so happy to see a Slirpuff story that doesn't involve a total psycho bitch woman. He's repeated the psycho bitch formula so often that now I have to check his new stories to see if it's one of those before I decide to read it or not. In this story, the woman is actually three dimensional and not a cardboard cutout. I'm a man; I just like seeing more realistic and emotionally developed women because they make for better stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
cunt

SHE WAS NOTHING BUT A CHEATING CUNT, WHEN SHE TOLD HIM SHE THOUGHT ABOUT THE OTHER GUY FUCKING HER THE AUTHOR SHOULD HAVE KICKED HER TO THE CURB, THEN SEND THE HUSBAND OUT AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF STEWART, FUCK BOTH OF THEM AND THE FAGGOT AUTHOR TOO.

ValerionValerionover 10 years ago
Got to disagree with the Anon below..

It wasn't his fucking pride that was hurt, it was his heart...the same heart that made him bust his ass for his family for all of those years.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Spoiled wife

Men do not really run the show when it comes to the home life. Ever since I was playing house when I was 4, females have directed the action. If you are a good boy and build them a house, go out and get them stuff, they pat you on the head and say "Good boy". Then they take you for granted, they think somehow this is the way it is and the way it will always be. Some of them become spoiled and demanding. The really selfish ones think that no matter what, nothing could ever change the situation. Then they cheat. Surprise, it all explodes into a ball of pain for ALL the family members and often some friends.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Just Sweetie's fault?

A long, slow spiral down and Hubby's main concern was if she boffed another guy? Ten (or more) years of things getting worse and worse and neither of them see it or neither thinks it is his/her job to try to do something about it!

Hard to describe how many layers of depressing are invoked by reading this tale! Really wish I could forget it forthwith!

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Congrats, Slurpey

you have written a real life story, and the proof of it is in all the stupid ass comments your getting.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
Tough story

I supppose lots of people have been through the crucible of exhausting work with kids, love 'em to death, draining what's left. Communication is the key. He was putting in the time, 'hoped she would understand' but apparently they never talked about it and reache an agreed. She wanted a trophy house, but again never discussed what it would cost in time spent and reached an agreement. Had they had these conversations the story would have been bannal.

But they didn't so there could be drama. posturing, and richeous anger.

I'm glad you didn't have the wife weeping and wailing but rather hers was a sober voice for reconciliation. Seemed quite realistic. Perhaps the last 500 words was rushed? we never got much resolution of the conflict

Chilley.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
I enjoy the part were

the author has the wife call out hubby about thinking about other women during sex.

A great joke of the late great Rodney Dangerfield was:

Hubby and Wife are laying in bed one night. Nothing is going on.

Hubby turns to the wife and says:

"What's the matter? You cannot think of anyone either?"

Thanks for posting ths story

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks for the excellent story....

You're a good writer and have read all your stories. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
3*s

The new Slirpuff, chop the character's introduction to a minimum .So the reader

lacks empathy with them. Rush the 20 years of life together. Now, the reader has

little understanding of what binds a couple together. Why should we care??

Now the big conflict, POW ! Then resolution in the last half page. WHOOSH !!

The End.

I am missing the old Slirpuff. I will read some of his older stories til I feel better.

AMerryMan

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 10 years ago
Not exactly sure what this was but...

... I do know what it wasn't and that would be very interesting. Most of the writers on this site try to stretch a two page story into four with unrelated, inane facts. What you have done, in my humble opinion, is try to condense a necessary history between a couple to a few paragraphs. I didn't know enough about Rhonda to understand her motivations nor Steve to understand his reaction. For one who I have always considered to be the most talented writer on Lit, a rather poor effort.

firas01firas01about 10 years ago
Well???

"Steve, I didn't do anything," she stopped. "Okay, I did do things that I shouldn't have and I regret every one of them now

Does that mean...a simple kiss? handjob? blowjob?? she didn't sleep with him alright?? but several lunches and dinners. If i fantasize about an actress or the woman next door which i barely say hi to when I sleep with my wife, is it the same as fantasizing about a woman i meet with on regular bases for lunches and dinners? When the husband met other women, the wife already knew about it, but on her side!!!...is cheating constitute sleeping with the other person only? if she told her husband that she is at a business meeting while she is with her (friend) what do we call that??although this author is good but I said it before, I like his stories but they always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Yoicks, I am an asshole!

But after her statement that she would have slept with Steve if he asked.... I would have been asking for a divorce... I really do not see what pride has to do with it!

Yeah, Harry I am a moron, too....

BelgiumBelgiumabout 10 years ago

Woman in mid life crisis.

Glad it turned out all right and that in the end she had enough backbone to resist the temptation.

FireFox59FireFox59about 10 years ago
Hmmm???

I would need the definition of "I did do things that I shouldn't have" before I took her back.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 10 years ago
A good read

A very believable story about a couple having marriage problems, after being married for a long time.

Thanks for the read

user110user110about 10 years ago
looks like hubby wants out of the marriage more than the wife does

so, when he notices the relationship going bad, he goes full asshole, huh? who does that? somebody who wants out, that's who. certainly not someone who's been in a relationship of any length of time and wishes to remain in it. if your first attempt to address a problem in a relationship you are trying to save is throwing out an ultimatum, then you're stupid, your social skills suck, and the relationship is doomed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
user110...

You're a fucking idiot.

All this guy did, was to stand his ground and not be a pussy. I've done the same, and the message sent was the message received loud and clear...

Treat me right, and I will move heaven and earth to make your life happy. But disrespect me, and all bets are off. I have your back, but if you don't have mine, you are no longer my LIFE PARTNER... the one I am meant to trust, the one I am meant to count on, the one I am meant to be able to rely on to look after my heart.

All he did was to show his wife that he was not a push-over, and not a fool. If she had cared even a little less than she did, then the marriage WAS doomed... but that was her call, not his. As it was, she decided that the short-term excitement was not a good trade for the long-term partner, so in this story, on face value, the threat passed.

user110, if you let those in your life call all the shots, and you just smile and go, "Yes Dear", then I bet you could probably describe what cream pie tastes like, if you think about it.

Slirpuff, to me, you did an excellent job of painting his emotions. A lot of it felt real. Thank you.

(p.s., user110, your name is not capitalized on purpose.)

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great Story!

Enjoyed the read! She seems rather hard to trust, though; would have liked to see a little more of where their relationship heads. She has a LOT of work to do in earning back that trust (assuming she didn't sleep with the other guy and lie about it). Maybe in Chapter Two?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Not going to happen

Never read such a useless piece of SHIT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Dear Annony

useless piece of shit would be your birth certificate. Dumbass

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Much enjoyed...

I remember seeing a movie like this once...the wife started being less than thrilled about her life and the husband took on a me persona... a harder less pleasant persona...

The wife ended up falling in love with the new 'guy'...

Here's this wife who's starting to not be especially thrilled by her marriage and thinks she knows what she might want instead... but when she gets a taste of that news thing she realizes her mistake without having actually done anything beyond fantasizing...

It's sort of like how my wife watches a cooking show and thinks something LOOKS good but when we make it we turn out we hate it... sometimes you just don't know what's good...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
pos

Upon POS frrom this guy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Naw....

...if my wife told me she wanted to sleep with some guy, she couldn't get him out of her head, she would soon find herself being dropped off on his doorstep with her suitcase.

Because she WILL fuck him at some point. You just won't know about it.

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 10 years ago
More stories

You are one of the best writers in this category...I look forward to more...hopefully soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Difference

There is a big difference between fantasy and reality...

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
I agree with Anon "Difference".

Yes, there is a difference between fantasy and reality. My wife and I both have fantasies, but we aren't going to act on them. Nothing as dumb as what Wifey said in this tale, either! The biggest problem that needs to be solved in quite a few tales is Lack of Communication. That can kill a marriage as surely as if a husband or wife decides to cheat and gets caught. Slirp, you have a great way of illustrating that in tales like this one.

My wife's and my fantasies are mostly to just rib each other. We have fun adding people to our "Celebrity Hall Pass" list or our "Celebrity Fantasy Threesome" list. Elize Ryd from Amaranthe is still at the top of that last one, and the only one we'd do if given the chance. Google or Bing her and you'll see what I mean. LOL

5 Stars for a well told tale.

carvohicarvohiabout 10 years ago
Not bad not bad at all...

I have trouble with some of the comments on this story. Certainly our protagonist was a litle rough on his wife, but that's what it took to keep her. Had he stayed the old 'nicer guy' he would most certainly have lost her.

I always like reading your stories; they're always crisp and easy to read.

Thanks for a good tale, Certainly a five in my book

Jedd Clampett.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
fantasy vs reality

I guess most have their fanticies but over a long ago boyfriend and admitting she' "jump his bones" and go to bed with him if asked. I see a cheating wife in training.

I

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

Good writing and reading. I'm old fashioned and not into head games., Tell it like it is and get the hell out of the situation or marriage. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not sure about that

I mean smart people that are in love get professional help when they realize they're headed down the road to a trainwreck. And his attitude didn't help either of them. Okay story but I didn't like way you concluded it.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Good story

and I agree with the husband. There is a difference between seeing a woman and lusting after her hot body and having a semi physical relationship with an old boyfriend and lusting after him to the point of obsession. Even thinking about him while you are with your husband in bed. Woman has a serious case of cheating going on. And for the anony who wants counseling, all that will do is convince the wife that what she is doing is absolutely harmless, even what I got the impression that she was doing, some inappropriate touching and stuff, and that the husband just had to forget his fragile little male ego and support his wife in her quest for herself and some extremely rough sex. NO! He handled it just right, she wanted to be treated like shit, hubby delivered. She wanted to have the bad boy just monkey fuck her, well, hubby did that too. No more Mr. Nice Guy at his house. If it ends up working out, good, but if not it will end on his terms and he will leave not with a whimper but with a bang.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
My first wife...

...never seemed to get over her old boyfriend either. My dick is very much larger than average but she mentioned more than once, how much bigger he was. It finally got to the point I told her no wonder I rattle around when I'm fucking her.

Fast forward a few years and her old boyfriend stopped by her job, she was/is a secretary and they reminisced. He apologized about how he treated her so poorly before and they made plans to meet again. What hurt me the most, seems like the least to most people. It was how excited and happy she was when she came home from work and told me about it. I have to admit, her happiness almost ripped my guts out. It was days before I could speak to her let alone touch her.

Nothing was ever really out of place, she never changed to the point where I knew it. Just all the sudden one day I came home from work and she was sitting in the kitchen waiting, she had her last two bags sitting next to her. She was leaving me for Tom, he had always been her true love, etc etc. Obviously, I was devastated and begged her not to and she kept telling me she had to go. Then it dawned on me and I asked her if she'd slept with him. She finally confessed and it turned out to be at our house in MY bed. I couldn't get her out of the house fast enough. She had been sullied and I wanted no more to do with her. After taking her house keys, I threw her bag in the back seat and literally pushed her into her car and closed the door and walked away.

She had ran off copies of a quick online divorce. She'd take her stuff, her car and her bank account, most of our stuff was separate. Where we lived was rented and fully furnished but our bed and a few knickknacks so nothing to split up there and, thankfully,, no kids. She'd signed the papers and all I needed to do was sign them and file them with the courthouse. Within 30 minutes from the time she pulled out, crying, they were filed. It would be 6 months but I couldn't care less. I wanted nothing to do with a cheater. Before noon the next day, our old bed had been torn apart and burned in the yard, along with anything she forgot and believe me, she forgot quite a bit! Like all of our pictures.....GONE!

It was less than 30 days later I heard a soft knock at the front door. It was dumbass. I answered the door and when she automatically tried to walk in, I blocked her. She started crying when I asked her what she wanted, because anything she'd left behind, including our pictures, I'd burned. Apparently she hadn't though about pictures and our memories. Dumbass wanted to talk but I slammed the door in her face and locked it. I have to admit, I really didn't feel bad, I felt kind of good!

A few hours later I heard another knock, this time more forceful. It was her folks and they asked if they could come in, nicely. I invited them in and offered them coffee and we sat around while I waited for one of them to speak. It was her dad. He was apologetic, they both were, about how Jodi treated me and threw our marriage away so easily. But she understood (they said) how wrong she'd been and wanted to come back. It turns out, old Tommy boy was only in town for a few months for a job and was heading back home soon to his wife and children. Jodi had just been pussy on the side.

Neither was surprised when I not only said no, but hell no. I asked them each the same question. Would either of them take their spouse back if he/she did that to them? When they left, they were shaking their head, I'd even told them how she'd bring up what a giant cock he had and I was sure that played into her decision to leave me. What the great thing was, he gave her an STD, genital warts! When one of her friends told me that, I just about died laughing, horrifying her that I could be so callous.

I never did speak with her again. She tried, oh Lord how she tried. But I walked away so many times she finally got tired of it. I'd see her around town, and she gave me about 2 years before she started trying again. I told her no again, when she stopped by and knocked on her old door. She wanted a good reason why and after I told her I had more than a few, like her cheating and then divorcing me, I said the big one was inside the house but I could show it to her if she wanted.

She challenged me and said yes, she wanted to see but that it wouldn't be that big a deal, we could work around anything. I snickered and told her yeah, she probably would think she could work around it, as we went through the kitchen. When we got to the living room, she stopped up short. I said, Jodi, meet my wife. Mary, meet my whore ex-wife! Yep, I'd remarried to a neat little gal I'd known from a restaurant I'd began to frequent and after hitting it off, we started going out. After a year I'd asked for her hand in marriage and she said yes!

Jodi ran from our old house and although I saw her again from time to time, we never spoke again. That was over 30 years ago and I'm now a grandfather of 6 beautiful grandkids. Mary is still fit and trim, we go for long hikes that are weeks long and many miles and is as fun now as the day we married. Jodi? She never remarried. Oh, she went through a lot of men/boyfriends, but never found one to marry her again. Now she's at least 100lbs overweight, nothing like the slim trim girl I used to know.

Tom? Funny thing you ask. It seems Tom was walking near a dumpster and a half dozen guys jumped him and beat the hell out of him, hit dick really never worked well after that, either. I know he's lying, it was six guys, it was one very pissed off ex-husband with a 3' long section of 2x4....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
To the anonymous commenter below...

Dude, you can obviously put thoughts on paper... Why didn't you just write that as a story? -- Claud137

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
No purpose to the story

She's not happy... wants another guy... he's not going to play her game... she gets over the other guy (says she didn't fuck him, but did some things - what?)... they're back together with no resolution... WTF happened?

xtremeddxtremeddover 8 years ago
Some people just do not like happy endings...

period.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 8 years ago
Didnt like this story

Didnt like this story,his wife tells him she is dreaming about other man and he is ok with that,well good for him wimp.

@Anonymous : I liked your story,finally husband with balls

cap5356cap5356over 8 years ago
real life

the contend of this story seems to be what real life is really like. as each of us grow older things change and we don't realize that a marriage takes work everyday not just in the beginning. for marriage to work u have to accept that you and your partner change and learn to grow with the change not try to make them change back. you can not ignore your partner for to long before it comes back to bite u in the ass.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
what a crock, what a wimp

not a cuck story just a sad stolen about a gelding.

written ok. the characters are not realistic.

krosis666krosis666over 8 years ago
She straight up told him

That she would fuck a guy she plainly thinks is a complete and utter asshole, over her husband. That, so long as she could keep her pampered lifestyle, she would cheat guilt free, with a total jerk. So, in other words, she is telling him, that, all things being equal, in her eyes, even a scumbag is better than her husband! That, to her, her husband is lower than someone she sees as an asshole! And people wonder why the husband was upset? Wonder why he became a hardass?

krnchrmankrnchrmanover 8 years ago
There is a huge difference.......

There is a huge difference between seeing a hot woman at the mall and fantasize about sleeping with her and actually talking, meeting and sharing face to face time with an actual person. Planning to have sex with someone you actually know and interact with in person is much different.

I would have lost all trust with a spouse that did this.......

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 8 years ago
Something I learned in the service

Simple answer, Alpha Mike FoxTrot!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years ago
This is the second Slirpuff story tonight...

that got 5 stars from me. :-)

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
A BIRD IN THE HAND

is not the best advantage to save relationships. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Horseshit

What people in love do is sit down and talk LONG before it went this far. I don't see them coming back from all the tit-for-tat, you do this and I'll do that bullshit. They've raised the kids now it's time to get a divorce, sell the house and go separate ways. No harm, no foul. Once again the ending blows up the entire story.

RKreaderRKreaderalmost 8 years ago
To continue the previous comment...

If LW couples knew how to talk to each other, there would be 95% fewer stories here!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Find a fool...Kick him in the head.

She balled Steward until he moved out. Then it was time for mending fences with the fool husband. These bitches never change. And, neither do the husbands.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
What did she do with Stewart?!!!

Dude!!!

You left out details!!! Argh!

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Not the Usual

So, I accept that she did't fuck him. She did say she did some things she regretted, what? Moving on, they were married for over 25 years, she wanted to run their lives, then she wanted to fuck around on her husband. After 25 years? It is supposed to get easier, not harder. Dealing with this shit is just: too. much. work. It was realistic but who the fuck really needs to be married? They both were well off, the kids were grown, marriage was not doing anything for them. She was using it to abuse him. Why bother? The ending was weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What A Callous Bitch

Could a woman with deep feelings for her man say such disgusting things to him as was done in this story? These were mean-spirited things to say to a man who has devoted so mu. to his wife and family.

The way that Slirp wrote her she is not to be trusted. She takes such pleasure in telling him how easy it would be to screw the guy behind his back; with what relish she would attack his body; how great the sex would be; how successful a cheat it would be.

Is she on medication? Has she just lost it for some reason? This is borderline insanity to speak to a loving spouse in this manner.

His hard line is understandable given the circumstances of his wife's behavior. In fact it is welcome. One of the great debacles in marital relationships started sometime well into the twentieth century: The husband with his pink panties on thinking he can make everything right by kissing his wife's ass. To quote Ferris Buehler: No one can respect someone who kisses your ass.

An obvious explanation for this woman's venom is that she resents her husband for some reason or other and actually wants to hurt him. Her husband has been doting on her for years and now she has regressed to an infantile state of mind and is rebelling. Can't think of a much different explanation than that.

One thing is for sure, and that is that her words would be a deal breaker for most men with a little self respect.

What the author/protagonist has not explained sufficiently is why the husband thinks now that he has things in a holding pattern he can continue on red alert mode and how that should be the new normal - supposedly an acceptable condition for his marriage.

How we lower our sights in Life!

Despite all of the head-scratching going on, it is always great to enter into the Slirp Zone :))

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Slirp Zone, con't

By the way, have half of you commenters graduated from the Clinton School Of Not Sexual Relations?

This wife fully admits to something that she is "not proud of". Given the way she smacked the shit out of her own husband with her verbal assaults, what do you want to bet that is? By any reasonable estimation it must exceed the ideal realm of words alone.

This snide bitch of a wife was probably jerking the guy off in a parked car. And with her admitted wild-eyed lust, not to mention as well her antipathy for fidelity in a marriage, she then escalated things to blowing the guy in the parking lot of the McDonald's. This is about the only conclusion possible given the standards that she herself has set down.

Is one supposed to congratulate this husband on his equanimity in the face of his wife's obvious infidelity? The husband's seeming lack of curiosity was a rather glaring Slirpism here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
her words

"i haven't SLEPT with him", i believe her!

i think any husband would have looked deeper into this before trusting her.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
I know I read this before and I'm sure I gave it 5*s then...

just like I did this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
could be worse

Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com. Serial cheating wife exposed. TRUE STORY-REAL LIFE FACTS

She lost college instructor job in Helena Montana when college administrator found out she had harassed and coerced one of her married male students into sexual relationship.

Tattooed, breast-implanted 50ish Grandmother on 3rd husband has had numerous affairs. When she began chasing student simply because he had very muscular arms she was involved in at least two other extra-marital relationships

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
people

Treat each other worse than this . But whether this is love or not is open to interpretation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Well I don't know about you , but if it was me and if my wife told me that she wanted to fuck another guy even though he was an asshole , and she didn't feel guilty about it , that would be the death rattle for our marriage. NO man and I mean no man would take that lying down, all her saying I love you means shit, it's the way she treated him tells the story. She didn't give a shit when he slept in the spare room, when he asked her out when he had the business dinner.when he came home late from work or when he broke his toes, no where in the story did she show any concern toward him . This marriage is dead in the water If this was reality and not a story on an erotic site she probably has fucked Stewart. I agree with Harry, those anonymous assholes that blame the husband are sucking slew water up your ass

MullendersMullendersabout 7 years ago

there's a big difrence between guys fantasizing about females at the mall and your wife whanting to fuck an guy she has know her intiry life first the guys just think does woman look hot and 99/100 al he does is fantizize

what she is doing is building up the situation to the point when he does goes after her she whont say no thanks i am married

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago
curious

what exactly did she do with him?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
If Her Pussy's On The Twitch, Just Ask The Bitch

Surprised that even longtime wise commenters have missed the obvious fact that she did NOT resist temptation. She yielded to temptation in nearly every possible way. If her paramour had asked she would have fucked him. She says it loud and clear.

Put the pieces together, people.

A critical wildcard element in these relationship situations is for the aggrieved party to apply a little bit of arational technique. Do something completely against one's own character to destabilize or shock the wayward partner into a condition where they might then find the way back to their spouse. Of course, this husband applied a combo plate of arational, irrational, and good ol' fashioned rational action.

Good for him. He can't be faulted terribly for going off like he did. The tit for tat stuff is likely to result in an escalation of bad feelings, though. But he would appear to have triumphed in getting his wife back.

Taking for granted that she did not have extra-marital intercourse one must still say that, as written, it is hard to believe she didn't have all sorts of other cheatin' sex. She more or less says so in contradictory terms right to his face. That in itself is about the only red flag you need to see before jurisprudence kicks in. No matter how it's sliced she is a lowlife cheater. One strains to find anything here that attenuates her culpability. And it's real hard to get passed that mouth of hers.

Happy endings are fine but this man lives a life of sufficient refinement that you have to ask whether or not she is worth it. If she hadn't eviscerated him so heartlessly with her acid tongue you could answer a possible yes to that question. As written? No.

It's a cliché to say so but looking at this woman, two words come to mind: meal and ticket. She doesn't appreciate her husband but she sure appreciates the lifestyle.

She felt entitled because hubby had habitually pampered the wrong woman. Hell, it wouldn't have been all that surprising to find him waving long palm fronds at her as she lay on the ottoman if it weren't for her cracking on him so despicably.

This woman sure is a piece of work. To stab your man in the gut with those words is unforgivable and shows her mean-spirited nature. She's a very nasty, stupid, selfish woman. If she can keep a lid on her Mrs. Hyde act they might survive.

Live And Learn!

Again, Slirp has contrived a real sizzler.

Bravo, Sir.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
My Truthful Answer Is "No!"

My wife has said to me on several occasions, "I know you think of other women when you are making love to me." I look at her as if she were an alien. "No, I don't! I never have." Do I look at other women in stores? Yes. Am I thinking what it would be like to have sex with them? No! I haven't had such ideas since I was a teenager.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 7 years ago
Typical Slirp marriage...

The wife is sharp-tongued, disagreeable, and denigrating towards her husband. She loves his largesse, seems to enjoy his companionship, but barely tolerates his intimacies. The husband is obtuse and long-suffering, a besotted fool who cannot imagine life without her. Although he temporarily awakens from his love-induced slumber and demands equality, she placates him with terms of endearment and promises of doing better. He quickly returns to his place of servitude, accepting once again his role as provider and adoring pet.

Slirp's stories are usually well written, if you can ignore the occasional errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation ( I can ), but she continues to have problems writing as a man - and I suspect she always will. I don't think she's ever had an example from which to draw, so we'll always see this caricature, never the real thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
She's a Slut

She fucked him. She's a lieing adulterous SLUT . Dump her and go after the toe rag Stewart . New name Balless Stewart would be suitable .

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous