Not IN Love Ch. 18

Story Info
Three women and one man suck and fuck each other.
8.7k words
4.83
4.7k
2
0

Part 18 of the 27 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 02/18/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer:

This is a fictitious story. All characters are fictitious and any resemblance to real people is coincidence. Do not take any information in this story as health advice.

~~~

"I've been invited to my graduation," said Maggie.

"That's wonderful," replied Jenny.

"I'm allowed to invite up to three people. The first person will be free but I have to but tickets for the other two," said Maggie.

"I guess the university needs to cut costs," replied Jenny, "I'm sure that your parents will be very proud of you and be honoured to attend the ceremony."

"I'm not inviting them," said Maggie.

"Really? May I ask why?" asked Jenny.

"My parents haven't spoken to me since they found out about my... my... sexual preferences," answered Maggie.

"That's..." Jenny started to say and then changed her tone, "It's not my business to judge your parents."

"Please do," encouraged Maggie, "They've judged me."

Jenny bit her lip but when she saw that Maggie was waiting for her to say something, she said, "If I was your parent I would be very proud of you. I would be honoured to share your celebration. One's sexual preferences do not... no, should not, change a parent's support for his or her child."

"I was hoping to invite you and Joe to celebrate with me," said Maggie.

"Really?" asked Jenny and then said when Maggie nodded, "I'm honoured and I accept," Jenny gave Maggie a hug, "And I accept for both of us."

Maggie had tears in her eyes as she said, "Thank you."

~~~

The following Monday, Jenny returned to Joe's home after collecting the mail from her home. She said to Maggie, "I've received a letter from your university," As she opened it. She read the letter and Joe comforted her when he saw tears in her eyes.

"What's happened?" asked Joe.

Jenny replied, "Lucy is graduating... post humorously. She topped her year. They've invited me to accept her degree at the graduation ceremony and to make a short speech as the valedictorian," she looked into Joe's eyes for comfort.

"Well I'm not surprised," said Joe as he cuddled her, "We always knew that Lucy was smart," Maggie joined in on the cuddle.

Jenny separated from the cuddle and Joe said, "So... what will you say?"

"I don't know," answered Jenny, "I'm not sure yet if I'll accept."

"You've got to," said Maggie.

Jenny looked at Maggie and said, "I've never spoken in front of a large crowd. I don't know how I'll perform. I might embarrass myself."

Joe said, "You spoke at Dan's memorial and you did very well. You'll be fine."

"Do you think so?" asked Jenny.

"Yes," answered Joe so confidently that Jenny also felt confident.

"This is great," said Maggie, "I don't have to pay for an extra ticket."

They all laughed and Jenny immediately felt that she was going to perform well at the graduation.

~~~

Graduation day arrived. Jenny was seated with the boffins on the stage as each student was called to accept their certificate. She sat at the end of a row of deans, professors, dignitaries and staff as the chancellor handed each student their certificate. She watched the chancellor congratulate each student as he shook their hand.

Jenny was bored and nervous. She glanced at the woman sitting beside her. She was beautiful in her confidence and poise. Jenny didn't even know this woman's name bit she tried to imitate the woman's confidence. The woman looked at Jenny briefly and smiled. She then continued to show, probably false, interest in the ceremony.

Jenny paid attention to the proceedings because she realised that this ceremony was one of the most important events, of not only the students' lives, but also those who were privileged to attend. She looked for Maggie in the crowd but all she saw were students dressed in very similar ceremonial gowns. It was too hard to find Maggie's face in amongst that lot.

Jenny then tried to find Joe in the crowd of guests. She thought it would be easier because those people were not dressed in similar gowns. She found Joe and saw that he was watching her. He smiled and have her a slight nod. She smiled back, temporarily breaking her poise. She bit her lip, lifted her nose slightly and continued to watch the ceremony. She saw Joe smile more broadly and she tried very hard to not smile.

Jenny felt the woman beside her move slightly and heard her whisper, "Did you find your guest?"

Jenny looked at the woman who appeared to be stoic. She realised that they weren't supposed to be talking but whispered, "Yes," as she faked watching the chancellor.

"Good, you'll be fine," whispered the woman with minimal movement of her lips.

"Thanks," whispered Jenny and felt reassured.

"Unfortunately the valedictorian," said the chancellor. It was jenny's turn and she felt cold, "is unable to be here today," continued the chancellor and Jenny felt relived that he wasn't going to mention that Lucy was dead. The chancellor said, "However, we are honoured to have her mother here to accept her degree.

"On behalf of this year's valedictorian, Lucy... um G, please welcome to the podium, Mrs Jenny G," Jenny stood up and walked towards the chancellor. He handed her Lucy's degree and shook Jenny's hand. He then gestured to the podium and sat down.

Jenny stood behind the podium and looked down at the certificate, bundled up in pink tape, that she held in her hand. She felt overwhelmingly proud of Lucy. She looked up at the chancellor and said into the microphone, "Thank you chancellor, I'm very proud to accept this degree on Lucy's behalf."

Jenny realised that she had already made a mistake. Her speech was supposed to start with recognition of the faculty members, 'Oh well,' she thought, 'better late than never.'

Jenny looked out at the crowd and then at the facility members and said, "Esteemed staff members," she then looked back at the crowd and said, "Student guests and most importantly, students.

"I'm sure that all the guests here today are just as proud of their children or friends as I am of receiving this degree on behalf of my daughter, Lucy. But today is about those who are becoming bachelors, masters or doctors.

"These certificates," said Jenny, as she held Lucy's degree high up in the air, "prove to the world that you are able to learn. You have attended this university as students not to be taught but to learn how to learn. You've heard this all before but now you've proven that you have that knowledge.

"What you do from now on is not only important for your career but also to how the world will work. This document gives you the power to change the world. You may not choose a career that is written on these certificates," and again Jenny held up Lucy's degree, "but whatever you choose to do, you have the power to affect the world.

"These documents give you the power to prove that you know how to learn. The power to stand up and confidently say something. The power to influence what the future of all of us will be. The power to make changes for the good of humanity and, more importantly, the good of the earth and all its inhabitants, including non-humans.

"You have the power the do good, so I implore you, to use that power as best as you can for the good of all of earth.

"Thank you."

Jenny turned and walked to her allocated seat as the audience clapped. She sat to see the chancellor approach the podium. First the students stood up and clapped followed by their guests. Jenny realised that this applause was at bit bigger than that for the other speakers. Then the students held up their certificates and started to chant, "POWER! POWER! POWER!..."

The chancellor held up both his hands for silence but the students kept chanting. He turned to Jenny and held out his hand towards her as he said into the microphone, "Mrs Jenny G."

When the audience kept on chanting, "POWER! POWER!..." the chancellor gestured for Jenny to approach the podium and said again, "Mrs Jenny G."

Jenny stood up and approached at the podium. The chancellor looked sternly into her eyes as they passed and whispered, "Fix this."

Jenny held up both arms for silence and the students stopped chanting. Jenny gestured for the students to sit which they did. She said, "Thank you.

"I'm sure that your guests and faculty members are very keen to congratulate you on your successes. I also believe that there are refreshments," and she looked at the chancellor who nodded his affirmation, "are waiting for us all outside somewhere. I for one could do with a drink," and with that there was laughter from the audience, "so please, let the ceremony continue and we can all enjoy your successes," With that, the audience clapped so Jenny held out her hand towards the chancellor, as he did to her, and said, "Chancellor."

The chancellor took the podium and the proceedings continued. Jenny again took her seat and the woman sitting next to her whispered, "Well done."

The chancellor led the proceedings out of the hall followed by the distinguished staff, students and finally the guests.

The chancellor approached Jenny and said, "That was a very, inspirational, speech Mrs G."

"Thank you," replied Jenny.

The chancellor smiled and said, "I have duties to fulfil, students to congratulate and guests to meet. Good day," as he turned and spoke to other people.

Jenny was relieved that the chancellor didn't reprimand her. A lady walked up to Jenny and said, "Professor Mary Jones. That was a very inspirational speech Mrs G. Have you thought of studying political science?"

Jenny was taken back, she had never considered tertiary education since she had never completed secondary education. She replied, "No... no I haven't."

"I'm sure that you would do well in politics," said Professor Jones.

Jenny had gathered herself and said, "I don't think so."

"Why not?" asked Professor Jones.

"I... I'm not very good at lying," answered Jenny.

"Oh," said Professor Jones with a little laugh, "Yes I understand. Currently, politics doesn't have a good name for itself. Well, if you change your mind, you know where you can enrol," and with that Professor Jones walked away to chat to some other people.

Many academics congratulated Jenny on her speech. Jenny was wanting to leave when someone behind her said, "Drink?" Jenny turned to see the woman, who was sitting next to her at the ceremony, holding out a glass of white wine towards Jenny.

"Thank you," said Jenny. The woman smiled at Jenny as Jenny took the glass of wine and drank nearly all of its contents in one go. Jenny said, "I needed that."

The woman smiled then said, "So you said," She held out her hand and introduced herself, "I'm Professor Max McInnes, Mrs G. I presume."

"Yes, um... Jenny please," replied Jenny as she shook the professor's hand, "Pleased to meet you Professor... Max?"

"It's actually Maxine but I prefer Max," replied Professor Max, "I love the expression on my correspondents' faces when they meet me for the first time. They are, usually, expecting a man."

Jenny looked Professor Max up and down and said, "Well you are obviously all women."

"Thank you for noticing," replied Professor Max with a smile and nod.

Jenny bit her lip and said, "I'm sorry, I... I'm a bit overwhelmed with all this."

Professor Max offered Jenny the other glass of wine and said, "You probably need this more than I. I haven't yet tasted it."

Jenny took the wine and drank most of it. She looked at the professor, who was still smiling. Jenny wondered if the professor was judging her and said, "I'm not an alcoholic."

The professor smiled more broadly and nodded her head. Jenny then smiled and said, "I'm just... nervous about giving my speech."

"As was the chancellor," replied Professor Max.

"Really?" asked Jenny as she looked around for the chancellor, "He seemed so confident."

"He was nervous about YOUR speech," answered Professor Max, "It's not every graduation ceremony that he faces a possible riot."

"A riot?" asked Jenny, "They're just students?"

"Nearly all revolutions start with students," answered Professor Max.

"I didn't mean for that to happen," said Jenny with a worried look.

"Yes. I'm sure. I'm surprised that you haven't been recruited by the political faculty," said Professor Max.

"Oh," answered Jenny, "I've already been approached by Professor Jones."

"Ah yes. She'd be eager to recruit you," said Professor Max, "How did you do?"

"I turned down her offer," answered Jenny.

"May I ask why?" asked Professor Max.

"I don't like lying," answered Jenny.

"Did you tell Mary that?" asked Professor Max.

"Yes," replied Jenny as she bit her lip, "I was a bit rude wasn't I?"

"In my humble opinion," answered Professor Max, "just true to your word."

Jenny laughed. The professor seemed to be watching Jenny with amusement. Jenny wondered if the professor was judging her or just enjoying herself, speaking to the potential riot maker. She asked, "May I ask you a question?"

"Of course," answered the professor, "but I reserve the right not to answer it."

Jenny laughed. The alcohol seemed to be doing it's work in relaxing her. She asked, "How did you become so brave to call yourself Max?"

"Is that brave of me?" replied the professor, "I haven't considered it brave?"

"Ah, avoiding the question with a question," countered Jenny.

"Yes, I did didn't I," replied the professor, "I felt that it was easier for a male to advance in academia so I thought that being temporarily mistaken for a male would help my career. It was that or have a sex change."

Jenny laughed and said, "Well I'm glad that you didn't do the later. You're a very lovely lady."

The professor watched Jenny for a while and then said, "Thank you."

Jenny felt that the professor was somehow assessing her but maybe it was just the alcohol affecting her thoughts. She said, "I think that you're so brave to choose a name like that. I've always preferred my second name than my first."

"And what is that?" asked the professor.

"Jessica although I prefer Jesse," answered Jenny.

"There are many people who use their second name," said the professor, "F. Scott Fitzgerald, J. Rudyard Kipling, George Orson Welles, L. Frank Baum, L. Ron Hubbard,

so why shouldn't you?"

"Well for one thing," answered Jenny, "I didn't write 'The Great Gatsby', 'Gunga Din', 'Citizen Kane', 'The Wizard of Oz' or 'Battlefield Earth'. I'm, not a writer."

"And yet you wrote such an inspirational speech that had all of us, on the stage, aquiver," said the professor.

"That was..." responded Jenny.

The professor interrupted Jenny's discomfiture, "To me you just seem well read."

"Pardon?" asked Jenny, a little bit confused with the professor's change of tack.

"Call me Ishmael; It was the best of times, it was the worst if times; It was love at first sight; In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit," quoted the professor.

"I'm sorry. I'm totally confused," said Jenny, "What do Melville, Dickens, Heller and Tolkien have to do with this?"

"You are well read," replied the professor.

"So, you can read me like a book?" asked Jenny, still confused.

"No," answered the professor, "You understand each and every reference that I've made to different authors. You must have read those books. Therefore, you are well read. You've read a lot."

"Well yes," replied Jenny, "Everybody's read those books."

The professor laughed and said, "No my dear. They have not. You, on the outer hand have, and that makes you, in my opinion, well read."

"In your opinion," replied Jenny.

"I have taught many students and in my opinion, you are much more well read than they were," answered Professor Max.

There was an uncomfortable silence as the professor let the tension ease.

"Anyway, why can't you use your middle name of you prefer?" asked the professor who was satisfied with her surreptitious investigation into Jenny's knowledge.

"I..." stumbled Jenny, "I guess... I guess I'm just not brave enough."

"And yet you almost started a riot?" asked the professor.

"That was an accident," answered Jenny.

"Drink?" Jenny heard Joe's voice ask from behind her, "I'm not intruding am I?"

"No," replied Jenny, "And thank you," as she took the drink. Jenny then changed her mind and said to the professor, "I think I own you one," as she passed the offered drink to the professor.

"Thank you," said the professor as she accepted the drink.

Jenny took the other glass of wine and said, "Professor, may I introduce you to my... my partner, Doctor Joe Christianson? Joe manufactures electric vehicles.

"Joe, this is Professor Max McInnes."

"Please to meet you Doctor," said the professor.

"Likewise Professor McInnes," replied Joe.

"Please call me Max," answered the professor.

"And you may call me Joe," responded Joe.

The professor turned to Jenny and said, "To good wine," and took a sip of her drink.

Jenny looked at her drink and asked, "Good wine?"

The professor laughed and rephrased her toast, "Well, here's to free alcohol."

"I'll drink to that," replied Jenny, "Oh wait. Are you driving Joe?"

"It certainly looks like it," answered Joe.

"Well in that case," said Jenny as she tapped her class against the professor's, "To free alcohol."

"To free alcohol," responded the professor. It did not pass the professor's attention that Jenny looked her in the eyes as they toasted, as per the European tradition.

Maggie jumped in between Joe and Jenny and said, "Jenny you've got to come and meet my friends. I've told then that I know you and they don't believe me."

"Maggie," said Jenny, "Calm down. You almost made me spill my drink and I was talking to Professor Max."

"Sorry," said Maggie to Jenny and then to the professor, "Sorry Professor. I apologise for interrupting you."

"You're forgiven," said the professor, "It's about time I do my duties and mingle.

"It has been a pleasure to meet you Joe."

"Likewise," replied Joe.

"Jenny," the professor said to Jenny as she held out her business card, "It's been most interesting talking to you. I hope to speak to you again. Please accept my card and if you wish to study literature, please contact me."

Jenny took the professor's card and said, "I've also enjoyed talking to you. I'll see you later."

Maggie then dragged Jenny back into the crowd and Professor Max mingled.

Some time later, the chant of, "JENNY! JENNY! JENNY!..." spread loudly throughout the students. There were a few furtive looks amongst the academics until Joe lifted Jenny up onto his shoulder and Jenny held up her arms. She still held Lucy's degree in her hand and the chanting switched to, "POWER! POWER! POWER!..."

Jenny handed Lucy's degree to Joe and held up her empty arms. The chanting quietened and then Jenny called out, "Now that's enough!" The chanting stopped and Jenny said, "Look, your friends and family are here to celebrate with you, so celebrate with them, not me. Oh and don't forget to get photos of yourselves and return your gowns and mortarboards."

The students cheered and threw their mortarboards into the air. Joe dropped Jenny off his shoulder onto the ground. Jenny cuddled Joe and they kissed each other. She said, "They'll take someone's eye out."

"Well you can't be mother to all of them," replied Joe. He kissed Jenny and said, "Congratulations."

"This is Lucy's degree," said Jenny as he handed her Lucy's certificate.

"Congratulations on a very good speech," said Joe and kissed her again.

"Thank you," replied Jenny.

Maggie kept bringing her friends and acquaintances to Jenny to confirm that Jenny was her friend. Jenny hugged many people and was congratulated for her inspirational speech. They drank more free alcohol until the crowd began to disperse. Jenny and Maggie returned their gowns and mortarboards and considered what to do next.