Not In This Lifetime Ch. 03-04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Later, Mile."

------------------------------------------

Mile set out on his own the following morning. His encounter with Dego Arcus had left a bad taste in his mouth, and he needed a distraction. He had also been thinking about what Cerys had said to him in the past about proving his trustworthiness by doing something of value, and he had tried to brainstorm bigger ways in which to do that. He kept coming back to his idea about the base in Eastrun. If he could infiltrate the small base and acquire something of value, he felt he might be able to prove his worth to the rebellion.

That morning he impulsively decided to, at the very least, scout out the base to get a feel for the situation. That is what led him to head out into the direction of Eastrun, and thus stumble across the the enemy soldier that was scoping out the rebels from the hillside.

Mile was alarmed by this discovery, and thoroughly shaken by just how close he had come to getting captured by the man. He felt entirely foolish for leaving Wolfpine alone, and vowed to never do so again. As he reentered the small village, he knew he needed to inform the rebel leaders about what he had discovered. He needed to find Cerys.