All Comments on 'Not In This Lifetime Ch. 06'

by Art0rius

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFer8 months ago

The sex scenes in this story so far are rough and brutish and feed well into the Dom/sub theme. But this story is so good it could stand on its own with no sex at all. Although I'm extremely glad that it doesn't. ;-) This was another five-star chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Exceptional chapter with more of the background between Symond and Mile expertly interwoven throughout. Symond’s strong draw towards Mile appears to have cemented during this interaction. It puts the first chapter in a new and interesting light. Also intriguing is that Mile didn’t tell Cerys about the entire encounter. The attraction is mutual between Symond and Mile, even if they haven’t realized it. I’m curious why Symond is on the side of the King. He is obviously keeping Mile from certain death, but at what cost?

Art0riusArt0rius8 months agoAuthor

Going to be taking a short hiatus due to writer’s block. Be back in a bit.

Art0riusArt0rius8 months agoAuthor

MarcLuciFer, that is seriously so wonderful to hear! I’m really glad you’re enjoying it. As always, thank you for reading and leaving feedback!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

My original comment didn’t post so I’m trying again. Apologize if it ends up as a double posting. This was an exceptionally well done chapter with background woven throughout. Symond is captivated by Mile and the feeling seems mutual. It sheds new light on the first chapter; Symond appears to be the reason Mile remains alive. Also intriguing, Mile didn’t elaborate with Cerys about the whole encounter. Agree with earlier commenter, the story stands without the harsh sex scenes but their dynamic is obviously central to the story. I’m curious why Symond is on the King’s side. Or truly is he?

Art0riusArt0rius8 months agoAuthor

Anonymous: Thanks, friend! I always enjoy hearing your thoughts. Thanks for reading and commenting!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The two characters are interesting and their relationship is interesting. I am glad you included trigger warnings bc these interactions were rape. I don't know if people into bdam would want the lines blurred between what it means to submit and what it means to be a victim.

That said, I'm finding the back and forth in time to be a tad confusing or maybe it's the fact that despite us going into the past several times we don't have much more info than we did at the start. Did the rebellion really end suddenly? Who knows the whereabouts of the former prince other than those at the generals home? What does he want from him? I'm intrigued enough to continue reading but i how come clarity comes as to where the story is headed. It was clear the king and now his brother and new king aren't favorites. What does that make those who serve them?

Art0riusArt0rius8 months agoAuthor

Anonymous: thanks for the feedback. Great questions, and they will all be answered in time. I definitely started out vague and that’s purely because this was a sexual fantasy in my head before it was a story with a plot, and I’m not even sure about some of what you’ve asked just yet. I do have have a vision for the story, but lots of loose ends to tie up. But I’m stubborn and it’ll be done. Hope you can bear with me while I figure it out! Also, gotta admit, I’m a sucker for a nice slow reveal. :)

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wonderful has me sucked in. I really enjoy what you have so far, I also am finding the back and forth in time slightly confusing this might be bettered served with a heading denoting the time reference. Definitely not telling you how to writer you story cos I really enjoyed what you have written so far. In your comments you stated you are taking time off writing for a while? Did I get that right, if so how long, sorry I am just invested and impatient. Please keep at it.

Art0riusArt0rius8 months agoAuthor

Anonymous: thank you, I’m glad you’re enjoying!

Totally agree about adding dated headings; that was actually my intention but I dropped the ball on that, whoops. If it helps, just know that I go back and forth between the present and past every chapter: it goes ch1 present, ch2 past, ch3 present, ch4 past, etc.

I will definitely work on clearing up the confusion and eventually go back to tidy that up in the chapters I already posted.

Oh don’t worry, I’m not taking time off writing! I’m taking time off posting in order to build up some buffer. Also, I don’t like to half-ass things and I have to do a lot of research because I’m writing about things I know nothing about, hah. I’m working on it every day and hoping to have more to post in two weeks at the latest.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous