Nothing Matters: The Librarian

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, our mental states have been altered? How? Viral transmission, rays from space?"

"I know that all this is rank speculation but what else can we do?"

"I'm fine with tacitly agreeing that something of that nature must be true just based on our observations and leave it at that. Hearsay will be admissible. Is that fine?"

"Even if it wasn't, will that change anything? However, I've long suspected that there must be some kind of manipulation we don't understand at work. It's essentially magic, at this point."

Melanie perked up, "Are you academics? Have you published anything?"

The goateed man had a whimsical look, "We're just assholes with opinions these days, though maybe back then we were assholes with certifications."

"Well, I work at a library, so all this kind of talk is interesting."

"Since you've engaged us in conversation, I have some questions. I hear you have volunteered for this gathering. Do you truly believe that you chose to do it out of your very own will? Can you describe your encounter with the alien creature?"

"All he did was touch me briefly with his floppy tentacle thing. I didn't feel anything. I honestly don't know, but I feel that I would have fantasized about it, maybe? Right now, I feel like I would have always wanted to do this, live like this. I feel perfectly content with it. I've never been happier."

The other man looked disappointed with the answer, "Same answer as the other one which is interesting but I think we're just chasing our tails. We need something as a control, crude or not, to form a foundation we can grasp."

Melanie had a light bulb moment. She checked to make sure Jessica was not listening. She seemed to be asleep but Melanie lowered her voice just in case. The two men leaned closer to hear her suggestion.

"Intriguing! If that's true, tonight will be an interesting social experiment. Let's examine the subjects a bit more closely..."

With Melanie's assistance, they carefully noted the differences between the two women. Goatee remarked, skeptically, "We can only take your word that your skin is improved from before your encounter. There is no question that I've never seen such a perfect complexion outside of an airbrushed photograph."

The other man briefly touched Jessica's buttocks, noting the minor blemishes and traces of cellulite, but flinched back guiltily, "I can't tell if my apprehension is due to you informing us about your suspicions or not. It does seem easier with you for some reason." His hand invaded Melanie's delicate spaces without any hesitation or discrimination.

"Well, you could still fuck me to see if you feel anything," Melanie suggested hopefully. Their palpitations had gotten her excited again.

Mister Bulldog shook his head, "Tempting, but it will be better if we observe as a third party."

"A bit of an ethical problem," goatee man said, nodding toward Jessica "It appears she is consenting, for reasons unknown, but we can't firmly establish that without giving away the game."

"I think it's worth the risk."

Jessica was awake by this time and completely confused as to what was going on. She rubbed her eyes, "I needed that rest. When does the real party start?"

As if on cue, someone opened the door and declared, "Man of the hour is here, let's get the show started!"

Melanie pulled Jessica along back to the main room with the two men trailing behind. They took a spot somewhere they could observe the crowd that now surrounded a chair set in the middle of the room. There, already beet red from alcohol and embarrassment, the fiancé had been placed for the special event. The two girls pranced around, working up the crowd who hooted and hollered. Hands reached out which Melanie accepted with aplomb no matter how fresh they became. She was smacked, prodded, and pinched on just about every available inch of flesh as she toured the crowd. Jessica followed suit but instinctively swatted away someone who pinched her vulva a bit too hard.

Goatee whispered to Mister Bulldog who only replied, "Inconclusive."

After a few minutes the two women danced in front of the fiancé, a nondescript young man in his early to mid-twenties wearing torn jeans and a t-shirt, beer in one hand that was replaced whenever he slugged it down. Melanie made sure he got an obscene view as she edged closer while Jessica twirled about much more awkwardly. Melanie took charge, leading the other girl to meet face to face where she gave a sloppy kiss. The noise from the packed crowd peaked, and even more of the curious peered in through the windows. Jessica seemed dazed as Melanie used her tongue to expertly travel down her body, sucking on her pert A-cups until her nipples were firm and erect. Melanie's hands worked their way down Jessica's back until she had a firm grasp of her ass and spun her around. She pushed her toward the fiancé's face. Jessica seemed surprised at first, almost bucking away but she seemed overwhelmed and finally conceded.

Melanie wetted a finger and teased Jessica with it as the fiancé drunkenly slobbered her snatch. After a few confused moments, the two women ended up on the floor giving everyone a lusty lesbian show. Jessica was flushed pink from the excitement.

"Oh god, I can't believe I'm doing this," she blurted as her face got welded to Melanie's crotch. Melanie, for her part, was three or four fingers deep as Jessica orgasmed, or pretended to. While she recovered, Melanie gave the fiancé a lap dance, pushing her chest into his face. Shots were poured. He briefly hesitated when Melanie began tugging at his fly, but quickly he was exposed to the cheers of the crowd who chanted, "Fuck him, fuck him!"

Melanie obliged after she managed to get the drunk man's soft dick up. Even then, it was a bit of a challenge but she managed to ride him, plopping off to try to stiffen it more with a blowjob. She beckoned Jessica to assist, ending up with the both of them on each side of his mast which finally seemed to perk up. She pointed to Jessica and whispered something in her ear. Jessica mouthed something in return and cheerfully presented herself on all fours. The fiancé was almost too inebriated to complete the deed but he saddled up without further ado. Was it just her imagination or did Melanie notice the crowd seemed a bit subdued suddenly? She was too horny to care as she found someone in the crowd with his dick out. This was an opportunity so she took it, gobbling it up hungrily as the enthused bachelors surrounded her, prepping their cocks for their turn.

The two older men observed that Jessica had retired from the scene after a rather haphazard encounter with the fiancé who had nearly passed out on the floor. He was mostly ignored as the attentions of the party became focused on Melanie and her antics. Her appetite seemed boundless as she stuffed her face with one cock after another. The men seemed to be overcome by their lust as they frantically began taking turns, grabbing at Melanie in order to fill her from both sides. A few exploded quickly but others slammed her in an endless progression of rutting, anointing her with their fluids until she was slick from sweat and cum. Yet, they did not stop for what seemed like hours as everyone in the party had at least one turn with her, perhaps more.

Melanie did not retreat, even when there were brief interludes where she guzzled down water only to have another cock shoved in her face which she happily enjoyed. When one man tapped out, she slid onto another man's shaft, and then another, in an endless train that kept renewing.

Eventually, she found herself atop Goatee man as Mister Bulldog's pecker was being rubbed against her face. They had lost their own selves to the now, nearly wordless, rut. Eerily, the shouts and jeers had settled into a silence as each man used her as a fuck doll, her perfect skin absorbing their spit and semen like moisturizer. The room was filled with the stench of sex yet none of it mattered.

Melanie thought that if the whole world came knocking, she'd accept them all. No one would be left unsatisfied, certainly not her.

The next morning she woke up on top of someone, his dick was still inside of her so she edged him until he creamed her one final time.

"I'm starving," she announced, hopping up to dig through the wreckage of the night for leftovers. She munched on something absently as she wandered the recreation center. There were only a few stragglers and even a few people attempting to clean up, dragging along trash bags and stuffing the refuse into them. The bottles would be reclaimed and reused so those were being sorted.

A middle-aged woman with a scarf over her head noticed her, "Had a night, did you? Follow me, I can get you a hot bath going, you need it. We haven't had a party like that in years, I'm kind of jealous. I hear Melon Head can pick fella's too, but not around here for some reason. Bastards, getting all the fun." She kicked one of the sleepy men dozing on the ground, "Get up and help clean up, you dirty dog."

After a bath, interrupted by stragglers wanting a morning blowjob, Melanie joined the woman for breakfast. A big table was setup and the group of mostly women sat around it, including the bride to be who came up to Melanie. She pulled her aside as Melanie was hungrily scooping up a plate of eggs, asking, "You're the Melon Head girl. Did you make sure Sidney had a good time?"

Melanie nodded, "I think he had a blast."

"That's great news," she patted Melanie on the shoulder, lingering on it in a way that would have been uncomfortable in any other time. "Your skin is so soft and amazing! I could just keep touching it forever but I had a question: I overheard that you brought someone else with you? Another Melon Head girl?"

"Uh, no, she invited herself, never saw her before yesterday and no one told me about it. Jessica was it?"

The girl paled, hand at her throat, "Don't tell me. Jessica Weller."

"She never told me her last name, but that sounds right. Skinny girl, freckles and colored hair?"

"That bitch!" The woman screeched, slamming the table and rushing out the door.

"Uh-oh," Melanie remarked, quickly finishing her meal. She thanked the scarf woman who seemed bemused by what had happened. The people at the table were already deep into gossip. A shit storm was brewing and Melanie decided it was a good time to beat it.

Melanie never found out directly what happened nor did she find out the conclusions of the two older men but she heard later that the wedding had been called off and Jessica had eloped with the fiancé to parts unknown though the latter part was only a rumor. Either way, the purple-haired naked girl was not seen again.

Her days at the library became a pleasant routine that lasted for another year before Melon Head came for her once again.

Harlan and Juliet didn't visit as much after their wedding, though Melanie had helped consummate their honeymoon period which was a lot of fun, so she was back to sleeping alone although her door was never locked due to the impromptu sleepovers by random visitors or townsfolk. She was stacking books when the bell rang once again.

"You're early Rob, did you bring your girl with you today?" she called, anticipating a mid-morning romp as she checked a book and slid it into the stack where it belonged. She patted the crooked spine of the old hardback cheerfully and turned to see Melon Head standing at the end of the aisle. The overheads were dim but he/it was standing under a flickering bulb. Melon Head was in his usual striped shirt that almost went to his knees, or whatever the joints down there could be called.

He held out a stalk in a beckoning gesture. Melanie daintily stepped closer, allowing the appendage to caress her. She shivered as it carefully examined her, touching her with the same intimacy as a lover. Once he seemed satisfied, he commanded, "Follow me."

He turned and headed toward the door.

Melanie hesitated, "Should I bring anything?" She looked around, flustered for a moment. She still had work to do.

Melon Head paused. Without turning, he spoke as clearly as before, "Follow me."

He continued forward and Melanie somehow knew that she had to obey although there was no sense of compulsion. She had a feeling, knowing the reputation of the calling, that it may be some time before she could return. Hopefully, her absence would be noticed and Harlan would know to take over until then. The couple was already quite familiar with what to do. Outside the overgrown library's front yard, curious passerby nodded in their direction but avoided direct eye contact. People weren't exactly afraid of Melon Head, or the possibility of becoming one of the chosen, but neither did they exactly seek his attention.

She followed him down the main avenue, missing a step only when it was clear he was headed toward the wild, verdant forest, overgrown with kudzu that surrounded the township. There was a maintained road that connected them to the outside world but he ignored that and walked right into the thick growth. Melanie followed. Almost immediately, she felt a great hush as the thick overgrowth blocked much of the sound from the outside. Even the birdsong seemed muted.

The fronds seemed to part for them. Amazingly, her feet weren't cut on the cluttered forest floor and her flesh was not scraped by the myriad branches, laden with the drooping moss and alien kudzu vines that intertwined everything. Her eyes adjusted to the dim sunlight under the canopy as they walked deeper and deeper and she lost all sense of direction, even elevation. For all she knew, they were descending into some deep abyss from which they would never return. Yet, she didn't feel concerned, only bemused.

Before long they found a small creek which they followed until they met a rocky pool. The Melon Head pointed with its stalk, "Cleanse your body here."

The spring water should have been freezing, and it was. Melanie was shocked at first by the cold, but quickly acclimated to it as she bathed. There was some moss that she used to scrub herself down. When she was done, she felt refreshed and did not shiver despite the cool air that should have wicked away her body heat. There was no concern for hypothermia.

She lost track of time although the morning must have long passed. The sunlight changed slightly even though sunset must still be hours away, she thought. Her stomach grumbled. Melon Head paused once again.

He gestured to some of the kudzu vines, plump with its strange stalks. Following the suggestion, she ripped off the fronds and ate them raw. It wasn't very tasty, but it filled her stomach. She recognized the texture from the dried, processed mats that was a staple of their diet. After another hour or two, or so she guessed, they entered a small hollow where some old trees had fallen. Melanie carefully made her way through the jumble. She was startled when she was face to face with another girl who had popped up from where she had been resting in the undergrowth.

Dusting herself, the girl spoke eagerly, "Finally! I thought Melon Head abandoned me here!"

"How long have you been here?"

"Don't know, might have been days, or weeks," the girl shrugged. "I'm Maxine."

"Melanie."

Melon Head waved for them to follow and they continued into the deep forest, stepping over moss covered stones and logs. Somehow, they all avoided getting scraped up. Neither of them questioned the mystery of it. The girl appeared to be younger than Melanie. She had nut brown hair tied back in a rough pony tail and was slightly taller with medium sized breasts and a thinner frame than Melanie's voluptuous curves.

Maxine eyed her, remarking, "Those don't bother you?"

She looked down, shaking her head. Even without support, her own chest had a good spring to them though she was not one to go jogging.

"Where do you think we're going?" Melanie asked.

"I have no idea. Are you from ****?"

"No, my town is *********. Isn't your town miles away? How long did you walk?"

Melanie asked, incredulous.

"Does it really matter? All we got is time, these days."

They found another creek and they slaked their thirst. Somehow, bugs and germs didn't seem to be something they should worry about, so they didn't. The water tasted as pure and clean as anything they had drunk from a tap, better even. It was as if the forest itself was purifying the toxic land that been the legacy of the industrialized world of this region. Melanie vaguely recalled the stories of hazardous waste and polluted ground water from factory runoff, but all that seemed to be gone now.

Melon Head lead them upstream this time. They clambered uphill until dusk made it impossible to continue. The two women huddled together under the lee of an overgrown hillside, scooping out a comfortable nest in the forest. Melon Head stood a few feet away as if watching something. If it was on guard, they had no idea if there was anything dangerous out in the forest. They had encountered nothing but small animals and birds the entire time. Soon, without moonlight or stars in the dense and thick forest, it was pitch black and the two cuddled for comfort more than for warmth.

Bored, their fingers and hands explored each other, followed by mouths and tongues. Their woodland nest became a bit steamy after a bit. Panting, Melanie pulled free for a moment, much later, "Nice. I needed that."

"Same," Maxine quipped. "It was dull waiting alone the whole time, though I got used to it. Here, I grabbed some of this stuff that grows in the ground. Don't know what it is, but..."

They gnawed on the spongey stuff in the pitch blackness. If Melon Head ever ate, it gave no sign although they had no idea if he/it had left them during the night.

At dawn, they stretched after cuddling together for comfort all night. Maxine patted Melanie's breasts admiringly, "Much better than the log I was using all this time. And bonus fun to play with too." They tumbled about like hyperactive fox kits, using their fingers to tease each other for a morning nut.

Melon Head seemed to admonish them, "Such libidinous creatures. We must go."

Maxine stuck her tongue out, "You made us this way."

He paused, "No. That is not true."

She looked doubtful but Melanie felt that there was truth to that assertion. She felt she had been ready for this her entire life, that it was the old world and its pressures that had smothered the freedom she felt now to live how she pleased. She had never felt as comfortable in her own skin as she did now. Even if she was alone, she could enjoy her own body, in all its rich auto-erotic fullness. The hard to reach places were more fun with someone else or two, she mused.

After another long period they entered an open meadow where the trees were thinned. Roughly in the center of the patch there was a ramshackle half-cabin of sorts, barely more than a rotting lean-to shelter, its sloping roof entwined with vines.

Melanie saw that there were trees ripe with a strange fruit, many of which were scattered underfoot. Some were fermenting but she didn't hesitate to take a bite, famished. It was semi-sweet and pulpy, but a burst of flavor after the monotony of greens they had been foraging. Maxine gobbled down her own share.

"You find the globe fruit to your liking?" someone called.

"Is that what this is called?" Melanie wiped the juice from her lips with the back of her hand.

"I haven't the slightest clue," said the woman who came out of the shelter. She was petite with light reddish hair that fell in tangles to her buttocks and could be anywhere between twenty and thirty years old just like Melanie herself. She had a feeling that the small woman was actually the oldest out of all three of them.

"Delilah," she held out a hand.

While they made greetings, Melon Head had been heading away. It paused long enough to announce, "You will stay here."