November Nightmares (Of Sorts) Ch. 01

Story Info
Bad news and an adult's nightmare precede two celebrations
1.7k words
3.78
1.5k
00

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 01/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alicia Elliston, November 10, 2028

Clint recently bought a police scanner for the main house, with the chestnut tree on the front lawn, mainly so we could keep tabs on our two favorite officers, Sergeant Isaac Nicholson and his sister-fiancee Catherine. Both she and her partner, rookie Julio Alou had been called to the scene of what nowadays could be called a 'daring' daylight bank robbery.

Moments later, a frantic voice came over the scanner.

This is Sixteen April Three on scene! Shots fired! We have a Ten Ninety-Nine! Repeat a Ten Ninety-Nine! Requesting an ambulance, this location!

I thought for a moment. 'Ten Ninety-Nine,' officer in trouble! OH MY GOD! I sent an immediate text to my mom, Aunt Vicky and Ms. Hiragawa.

Melody Elliston -

I was still riding an emotional high! Three days ago Proposition 5 passed and there was indeed a regular tsunami of support for it. I gazed at my wedding ring. The ring that Clint placed on my finger when he married Pam and me, when it was still illegal and said to myself 'Soon'. I was so preoccupied, I missed half of the news report about the bank robbery.

"We now know the name of the shooting victim. Officer Catherine Nicholson."

Chuck Mendez said.

I almost choked on my BLT. All I could think was 'Poor Christie and Hikaru.

Hikaru Elliston -

Our schooling was over for the day, after Grandma Vicky told us to study for a test in a couple of days. I still didn't understand why dad didn't want us kids to go to a regular school. But Grandma Vicky had been teaching since before me and Christie were born, so that was okay. Before I went outside to play, along with the other kids - I didn't have any homework, aside from what Grandma Vicky gave us, thank gosh - my grandma pulled me aside and told me what happened, while us kids were being schooled. Instantly, the good mood I felt vanished. I screamed and raced up to the bedroom I shared with Christie. I threw open the door, ran to my bed laid face down on it and began to cry. Hearing that Kitty, MY Kitty had been hurt so bad that she had to go to the hospital, really broke my heart. Grandma Cheryl must've told Christie, but she took the news a little better than me, or so it seemed. My half-sister trudged to her bed, flopped down face first on it and like, just moments before, began to cry.

Cheryl Elliston -

My son told me that he had a big court case today. Nothing that major, but I knew he'd be in the middle of it right now, so calling him, in spite of the fact they are his first born daughters, was out of the question. I thought of calling either Pam or Melody, since their days were almost done. I began dialing Pam's number, when my cellular phone chimed. Oh thank God! It was my niece Melody. I answered.

Hi Aunt Cheryl. Heard the bad news over lunch." she said. Then added. "Stupid question number one, how're the kids?"

"Heartbroken. Asuka and your mom have tried their best to console them, but they need their parents.

"Let me talk to Christie." said my niece.

"Hold on." I said.

I hurried upstairs, to the bedroom Christie and Hikaru shared. My sister let me in.

"Christie your mommy's on the phone. She wants to talk to you."

"Did you call her?" the little girl sniffed.

"Actually, she called me. I was about to call Hikaru's mommy." I said, as I handed her my phone.

Melody Elliston -

Everyone knew Clint was in court all day, so there was no real point to bothering him. Besides, either Pam or I would fill the stud in later. Right now, I needed to talk to my daughter. After a little jostling, Christie's face, cheeks stained by her own tears, appeared on the screen. "Hi mommy." she sniffed.

"Hi baby."

"Guess you heard what happened today. Huh?"

"Yep. Say, do you know what a bulletproof vest is?"

"Not really" she said.

"Well, it looks kinda like a sleeveless top, but it's made of a super strong material called Kevlar. Isaac could tell you better, but it's kinda like a Kevlar sandwich. It slows things like bullet down, so whoever's wearing one doesn't have to be operated on."

"You mean Kitty's gonna be okay?"

"She's gonna be really, really sore for a while, but I think so."

"YA-HOO! Did you hear that Hikaru?" exclaimed my daughter.

I could faintly hear Hikaru's voice in the background. "What?" she sniffed.

"My mommy just told me that Kitty's gonna be okay!"

"ALL RIGHT!" I heard Pam's daughter exclaim.

"I'm almost finished up here and it's about an hour drive home. Okay?"

"'Kay. Bye."

Christie handed the phone back to Aunt Cheryl.

"Thank you." was all my aunt said, before she hung up.

Vicky Samuels -

Clint learned about the bank robbery and the shooting, as well as who the victim was, after his trial had been dismissed for the day. As soon as he got home, Christie and Hikaru ran up to greet him. He scooped them up in his powerful arms and the tree kissed. Melody told him what she did to comfort the girls and got praise from both Clint and Pam for it.

"Dad guess what?" asked Christie.

"What?" he asked, as if he hadn't already been informed.

"Mommy said Kitty's gonna be okay! Isn't that great?

"That's wonderful! Maybe after dinner, we can go see her. Would you like that?"

"Yeah!" Christie and Hikaru exclaimed in unison.

"Speaking of dinner, what're we having?" Clint asked.

"Homemade Sweet and Sour chicken. Asuka's suggestion." my sister said.

We were going to have Banana Splits for dessert. Until someone decided to help herself to the Bananas." I said, leering at Lee.

"All of them?" Clint asked in shock.

"Only six." said Lee.

"A good thing we own three houses with at least one bathroom each." said Melody.

"Yeah," Pam agreed, "sounds like someone's gonna be camping out in one for a while."

Clint marched right up to Lee. "A fitting punishment." he growled.

Pam Elliston -

The homemade Sweet and Sour chicken, my favorite dish, was great. Seasoned just right and, I have to admit, it was easier eating it with our western utensils, rather than chopsticks, like when it was just mom and me. The substitute dessert, apple cobbler was equally delicious.

After dinner, Aunt Vicky called the hospital to check on Catherine Nicholson.

"Mercy Hospital. How may I help you?"

"This is Vicky Samuels I'm -"

"Vicky Samuels, from high school? I thought that name sounded familiar. It's me, Lisa!"

"Lisa? Lucky little Lisa Thornton? How've you you been?"

"Not so lucky. Been through two marriages and not even one kid. Unlike you and 'The Brady Bunch' plus. I still can't believe you guys were acquitted! Not that I'm sorry you were. Anyway, water under the bridge. Now, what can I do you for?"

I was calling about your newest patient. Officer Catherine Nicholson.

"Let me check." said Lisa. My aunt heard some rapid clicking. "Ah, here we are. Hmm, it's a good thing police are required to wear those bulletproof vests. Lessens the impact of bullets."

Melody put a hand on her daughter's shoulder and whispered "I told you so."

"Poor woman suffered some cracked ribs. It says here she'll be under sedation until some time tomorrow. I'll let yo know."

"Great! I have two granddaughters here, who can't wait to see her."

"I bet. Well, so long boobs."

"Hey, not in front of the kids nerd."

After hanging up, Melody looked at her mother with an arched eyebrow and mouthed 'Boobs?'

I believe I heard Aunt Vicky whisper "I was uh...shall we say well endowed, even back then."

At the kids' bedtime, my mother-in-law watched from the doorway, as Melody helped Christie say her prayers, while I helped Hikaru say hers. After the kids were tucked in, Clint, Melody and Aunt Vicky kissed Christie goodnight and then my mother, along with myself and my brother-husband kissed Hikaru goodnight.

"Sweet dreams." we said in unison, though mom and I said it in Japanese.

Pam

Melody Elliston -

Clint left early this morning for his court case. Stud was so careful Pam and I barely felt him get out of bed. I have to admit, in a way, I'm kinda jealous of my sister-wife, keeping her own schedule, setting her own hours. But as for Clint and I, it seems like a lawyers work is never done. Oh well. After properly, at least for us, waking Pam up, I showered, shaved my legs, dressed and started out for work.

"Hope you kids didn't leave your empty cereal bowls on the dining room table." I said as I descended the stairs.

"Some of us just had toast and juice," said Cassandra. "but we put he knives we used to spread either jam or butter in the sink and the jam and butter are back in the fridge."

"And those of us who had cereal," my daughter said, "put our bowls and spoons in the sink, when we were done. And we put the milk back in the fridge.

"And all of us put our milk and juice glasses in the sink too." said Hikaru.

"Where are Grandma Cheryl and Grandma Vicky?"

"Across the street at the Nicholson's Taking turns watching little Pam, while her dad's at work." said Christie.

"Holy Crap! I forgot all about her!" I exclaimed

Catherine Nicholson -

The sedative they must've given me last night has almost worn off. Got to admit, it sure helped me sleep through the night, though my chest still hurts like hell. I notice a bouquet of flowers on my nightstand. Probably from my hunk of a brother Isaac. Every time I think of him, I think of that dinner party a the Elliston's and the DVD Pam gave me, that unwittingly opened us up to consensual incest. Of course we had to arrest them for what was then the crime of incest, even as we were committing that same crime. And both Isaac and I were thrilled when they were acquitted. I had gotten so lost in my reverie, that I failed to notice that a nurse has come into my room to check on me. The brown haired woman looks as tire as I still feel. Must've been on the night shift. I notice that her name tag reads Lucy Thornton R.N.

"And how are we feeling this morning officer?' she asked.