November Nightmares (Of Sorts) Ch. 02

Story Info
A nightmare, two celebrations and a lot of words.
2.2k words
4.33
1k
00

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 01/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Tired and still sore, obviously. Don't know what you what you gave me last night, but I slept like a log.

"Considering the condition you were in, when they brought you in yesterday, that good." Lucy said, then yawned. "Excuse me. Oh, before I forget, there was a phone call last night, inquiring about you. It was an old high school friend of mine named Vicky Samuels, She said she had two granddaughters who couldn't wait to see you."

At the mention of the name Vicky Samuels, I once again flashed back to the Elliston trial of a year ago. She was one of the defendants! As for the two granddaughters, I recalled last month's Halloween get together, when Pam's daughter Hikaru mentioned a half-sister named Christie. However, I just dismissed that information.

"Well, this being Saturday, I just need time to freshen up. Then anytime is good." I said.

Vicky Samuels -

My sister and I were at the Nicholson's, taking care of One year old Pamela Leann and basically fawning over the child, while her father, Sergeant Isaac Nicholson worked at the Sacramento Police Station and her mother recovered from her injury at Mercy Hospital. Just as I was getting comfortable in one of the two Ez-chairs, my cellular phone rang.

Hey Boobs

My shift just ended and right now, I can't wait to see my bed. Oh, I mentioned your name to officer Nicholson, now that she's awake. I also told her your granddaughters can't wait to see her. She told me after freshening up a bit, anytime would be good.
Well, goodnight.

Lucy.

I just couldn't wait to tell the kids. They'd be so thrilled. Suddenly getting my second wind, I got up and went to find my sister. Of course, I didn't have to go too far, she was in little Pam' bedroom.

"Hey sis, can you handle things here for a while?" I asked.

"Of course."

"Fine, fine. Just got a message two of the grand kids have been waiting for."

As I left the Nicholsons and crossed the street to our main house, I kept wondering how Lucy Thornton got my cell phone number Of course, that didn't matter right now. The kids, especially Christie and Hikaru, are going to be so excited that their friend is awake."

"Hey kids guess what?" I asked, as I entered.

"Only my true granddaughter looked in my direction. Hikaru and Cassandra seemed more interested in the cartoon they were watching, "What?" asked Christie.

"I just got a phone call. Kitty's awake! We can go see her at any time!"

"Good to know." was all Christie said.

Definitely not the response I was expecting. As I turned to go back to the Nicholson's. out of the corner of my eye, I saw my granddaughter first give Hikaru, then Cassandra a high five. The little devils. They were excited by the news. They just wanted to pull one over their Granny Vicky's eyes.

Catherine Nicholson - Lunch was good. Nothing like Cheryl Elliston would have made, but close. I'm sure it was all fortified with Calcium, for my still aching ribs. There's time before the Elliston's arrive and I must admit to still feeling a little groggy, from what they gave me last night. I think I have time for a little nap.

"Kiiitty..." I hear, in a sing-songy voice.

"Ohh Kiitty..." again, that sing-songy voice.

I open my eyes. It's a nice sunny day outside. I look down at myself and see that I'm in my dress blue uniform. Complete with tie, tie clip, badge, the lone medal I was awarded and my Captains bars. CAPTAINS BARS? When was I awarded those? I feel my bulletproof vest between my Sports bra and my uniform shirt. At my waist is my gun belt, complete with Taser. As always, I carry a can of pepper spray in my shirt pocket. The melodic calls of 'Kitty' come from the Elliston's main house across the street. Secifically from little Cassandra Elliston. She had a doll, which looked to be the size of a Raggedy Ann doll - I once watched a retro commercial introducing it - along with a Beach Ball with her and is playing with them both. She waves to me and I wave back. the breeze blows her ball to the middle of the street.

"Ill get it!" i shout and begin to rise from my chair.

The traffic is light on our street that day. Not that it was ever heavy.

The child seemed to ignore me and went to retrieve her ball, even as her mother Alicia demanded that she stop where she was. The moment the child set foot on the blacktop, everything seemed to go into slow motion. As the little girl neared her toy, a sedan bore down on her. Both Alicia and I watched in horror as, when Cassandra picked up the ball, the car struck her, ball flying into her own yard, while the girl crumpled to the ground.

"CASSANDRA!" Both Alicia and I screamed.

Upon hearing our screams, the automobile came to an immediate halt. The driver, a Japanese woman in her early twenties looked back to see what had happened.

"Shit!" she exclaimed in Japanese, before racing back to join Alicia, myself and a barely conscious Cassandra.

"Please forgive me, Alicia-chan," the young woman said, through tears, "Minako is so very very sorry."

"Let's concentrate on this little girl for right now. If you two can load her into that car, I'll take care of the rest." Now common sense dictates that you're not supposed to move an accident victim because of the threat of possible paralysis. But DAMN IT! THIS WAS AN EMERGENCY! While Cassandra was carefully loaded into the sedan, I raced to my patrol car, opened the door and, trying to keep my emotions in check, grabbed the microphone.

"Dispatch, Sixteen April Three. This unit will be out of service for approximately an hour, due to a medical emergency at my location."

"Acknowledged Sixteen April Three. What is the nature of your medical emergency.

"A child has been struck by an auto.

"Sixteen April Three, will you be requiring additional assistance?"

Negative dispatch. The situation is under control. Victim will be transported to Mercy Hospital momentarily."

After getting in, buckling up and starting the engine, I backed the car out of our driveway. I then pulled up alongside Minako Mihara's powder blue sedan and rolled down my window.

"Ladies, follow me." I said.

After that, the lights on my roof began to flash, the siren began to scream and off we went to the hospital. I confess, I went five miles over the posted limit, as did the Mlhara vehicle, but the lights were with us. As luck would have it, We pulled up to Mercy Hospital's Emergency room entrance, just as a trauma team was wheeling out a stretcher. They loaded Cassandra on it and rushed her into the trauma room, while Minako and I parked our cars. As we rushed to go inside, I caught up to the Japanese woman, grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her to face me.

"You know Ms. Mihara, if I'd gotten a good look at the vehicle that hit that little girl or its licence plate number," I said, giving her a knowing wink, "I'd have to report them both."

She gave me a gentle smile and said "Arigatozaimashita."

The two of us continued into the hospital, where we saw a nurse talking with Alicia.

"How is she?" I asked.

"They tell me we got her here just in time." said Alicia.

"That is good." Minako said.

"We've been able to stabilize her condition, but..." said the nurse.

"What?"

"Well." the nurse, who's name tag reads Agnes McCray R.N. said, "she's been calling for her 'Kitty'. Do either of you know who or what she's talking about?"

"Yeah. It's a pet name I once said she and her siblings could call me. Long story."

Okay," Agnes said, drawing out that word, "follow me."

As I follow the Mahogany-skinned nurse into the Trauma room, I hear Cassandra calling "Kitty...Kitty."

As I get closer to the examination table I hear it again, but it sounds different. More urgent.

Finally, "Kitty wake up!"

Huh? Wake up?

I immediately open my eyes. What gradually comes into focus, were first the walls of my own hospital room. Next four figures at the foot of my bed. None are nattily dressed but not sloppily either. The lone male I recognize, being Clint Elliston. The woman to his right, with the slight Olive hue to her complexion, being his wife Pam. The sandy blond on Clint's left being Melody. And the studious looking woman at Pam's side must've been Alicia. On either side of my bed were Hikaru and Christie.

"Finally! Hey Kitty guess what?" asked Christie.

"What?" I asked.

"The doctors told my mommy they're gonna let you go home in a couple of days! Isn't that great?"

"They also said she still has to take it easy. Nothing strenuous." said Melody.

"Guess you won't be coming to our birthday party, huh?"

"No. Sorry." I said.

"That's okay. I've got an idea." said Christie.

"What?" Hikaru asked.

"Later." her sister said.

Christie Elliston -

After leaving the hospital, I told Hikaru my idea and she was just thrilled. Remembering when my mommy showed me pictures of when she, dad and Hikaru's mommy got married, along with telling me who furnished the food, a plan was made. Of course I, as well as the rest of us Elliston kids still had to study for that - ARGH - test that Grandma Vicky was gonna give us. But I asked mommy to call Mr. and Mrs. Yates about getting things ready for our party along with where to deliver the stuff and she said she would. Both Hikaru and I hoped Auntie Lee would be done with her non-stop pooping in time for the party.

"Okay, everything's all set. I just talked to Becky and she assured me the party will be similar to the "official" Elliston-Hiragawa wedding. Tim's even gonna video tape it, so Christie, Hikaru, bath time!"

"'Kay." said Hikaru.

"And you better not leave a mess or birthday girls or not, you won't be able to sit down to do anything!" Dad said.

"Yes sir." I said.

Isaac Nicholson -

I was a bit puzzled when the stuff from Yummy Passions catering, especially the balloons with the names Christie and Hikaru began arriving at our house instead of the Elliston's. But after thinking about it, this made perfect sense. It doesn't take a math whiz to put two and two together. Those two little angels knew that Cat couldn't come to their birthday party, so they brought the party to her!

"Hey, what's going on here?" asked my sister, coming out of our bedroom.

"Well Cat," I said, "it seems like Hikaru, along with some parental help, has been a busy little bee. I guess she thought since you're unable to attend her birthday party, she thought she'd bring the party to you."

"I have a feeling that her half-sister Christie may be the actual mastermind behind this. After all," my sister said, poking a balloon with that child's name on it, "it's her birthday party too."

Clinton "Clint" Elliston II, November 17 -

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Christie and Hikaru,
Happy Birthday to you!"

This was actually the second of two Birthday parties thrown today. the first was at about 1:00 at the Nicholson's and attended by them, the Yates and, of course, us. This one, held after dinner in our gigantic backyard, where I had proposed to their mothers, six years ago, was attended by the Campos, the Mihara girls and their mother, the Young's, the Wilson's and Elisabet, Sean and Maria Reenberg. Neither Becky or Tim Yates minded the extra work. Especially considering who it was for. I had simply made a double order of sheet cake. The second cake was placed in our fridge, until now, along with a note written by me. The note read 'Hands off Lee or no orgasms until Thanksgiving Day! - Clint'. At the first party, after the girls blew out the number 12 candle, Isaac made them honorary police officers. At the second party, Becky Yates taught Christie and Hikaru how to make their own treats, using all-natural sweeteners. All-in-all the girls had a great time.

Melody Elliston -

Thanksgiving was a real family affair around our house. Not that it hadn't been, but it was especially so this year, after the crash course in baking that Becky Yates gave to Christie and Hikaru. There were three generations of Ellistons, Aunt Cheryl, Pam and Hikaru seasoning and stuffing the turkey and Three generations of Samuels', Mom, myself and Christie preparing the other dishes.

Pam Elliston -

Thanksgiving dinner itself was truly monumental, but the desserts were equally epic! Three pies, one Pumpkin, one Minced meat and one and one Apple. Each prepared by Christie and Hikaru, under the supervision of myself, my sister-wife Melody and Becky Yates. Clint praised both little girls for the pies and said they would be getting something extra special for them. Even though the Nicholson's were unable to attend, it was indeed a very happy Thanksgiving.