All Comments on 'Now He's Got Me Doing It'

by AllisonVargas

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It needs someone to proof read before publishing to look at the many grammatical and spelling errors which sadly are so off-putting e.g. the constant and unnecessary capitalisation of so many words. The author has also tried to make the wording too flowery and it hasn’t worked. Keep it basic. It could be a good story otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was impossible to read. Sorry.

smooth_Ballssmooth_Ballsabout 1 year ago

Maybe it helps that my first language is one with plenty of capitalisations - I didn't even stumble over it. And the flowery language worked to lift the events out of the profane and into a dreamy world beyond the everyday. Like when you visit an art galery and visit the rooms with the pre_raphaelites.

But maybe it's just cause I had those strange dreams last night where I showed the young doctors what their medicine had done to my breasts...

The author's playing with language makes me wonder how this story might turn out in different styles of writing. Told in the tongue of a lad who grew up in the quarters next to the harbour. Told in the broken English of a young immigrant with oh so delicious brown shoulders. How would this story come over when told by the madame of the salon who trains the young ladies-to-be and then pimps them out? And how would a retired teacher tell us about his adventures with a femme angel who once was a pupil of his?

I would like to read that story in many forms, again and again

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous