Nude Stockings

Story Info
A long marriage in changing times.
6.5k words
4.39
74.7k
106

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/09/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
satindesires
satindesires
1,324 Followers

I wrote a couple of New World stories a while back. I like the loving wives category but it can be difficult to come up with something different so explored a slightly alternate/ future world reality. Although I think the premise isn't too far removed from Victorian society where women had few rights and divorce was virtually impossible. Its going to be criticised for being in loving wives but it's going to be criticised anyway, so might as well go with the category I like. It's a quirky fantasy and nowhere near realism, also a bit tongue in cheek, please keep that in mind before you read on. I don't have time to work with an editor but I do spell / grammar checks and proof read but bound to miss some. If that bothers you too much maybe think about reading something else; otherwise hope you enjoy it!

This story is set in the near future.

The divorce rate had reached another record peak, now 91% of all marriages ended in divorce; driven by ever greater self- absorbance, feelings of entitlement and focus on self- fulfilment. Responsibilities and obligations were now less of a factor than in the past. Even marriages surviving often dealt with affairs and transgressions. Individual expectations now varied wildly; with failure rates so high, attitudes to marriage changed and many discounted it as an option. Marriage became seen as a short to medium term commitment rather than a lifetime one; often it centred on wanting to start a family and might end when the kids were grown.

The punitive approach to men divorcing continued and became more extreme. Women's rights and powerful lobby groups now held sway. Marriage and divorce was now firmly in the hands of women.

With fewer people getting married, both Religion and Government desperately tried to find solutions... the whole principle of marriage was in crisis. This led to a wide range of alternative suggestions including 5 and 10 year marriage certificates, open marriage contracts, fidelity clauses, break points, polyamory and mandatory pre wedding counselling. It seemed society was ever more reliant on psychiatrists and counsellors.

One of the most popular alternatives involved a communication of choice by the wife. She would have the option of stipulating the type of marriage she was committing to and communicate this to the congregation. This was seen as a way to share expectations within the couple and their wider network of family and friends. so they knew and could support that decision. The choice was usually reflected in the vows taken but an alternative was the bride's hosiery indicating choice. This stemmed form the wedding garter tradition, where a bride would offer a garter to her new husband.

The couple would have a traditional wedding service and exchange vows in church as normal. In between the service and the night time celebration, the bride would switch to evening wear. During the change she would present a gift of her stockings in a sealed box to her husband. The colour of her stockings illustrated her preferences; if the groom was content he would help his bride put the stockings on before attending the celebration.

Grooms hoped for a choice of white indicating monogamy and lifelong fidelity, but by far the most common choice was nude stockings. This indicted fidelity but reflected being unable to commit about what could happen in the future. After all is was difficult for a 20 year old bride to categorically state what her 50 year self would do in a world where so much changes so quickly.

There were some rarer choices; red stockings indicated interest in bi sexual relations, Black and interest in mixed race relationships. Seamed stockings indicated a hot wife who would be looking for well-endowed partners in addition to her husband. Fishnets indicated swinging and grey being open to sugar daddies.

*****

Despite all of this I wanted to marry my fiancé Grace. We had known each other since primary school and just clicked, at 16 we were going out and by 22 were finalising our plans to marry.

I was excited, for me Grace would be the perfect wife. As well as being beautiful we were best friends and I couldn't wait to commit the rest of our lives to each other. She was engaging, positive and for some inexplicable reason in love with me. At 5ft 8 her long wavy red hair with lighter highlights hung down her back. Her blue/ green eyes literally shone matching her bubby personality. I loved the way she fretted over gaining weight, I honestly could never see a change, she had a fantastic figure and made it all seem so effortless.

The choice of a wedding these days is anything but straight forward. Her family church was advising use of a marriage 'contract' lasting until any children were aged 16. Neither of wanted that option, out marriage was more than a vehicle to raise children.

Their alternative was the 'indicated choice' system which we thought suited us better than the other alternatives.

For good reasons most couples agree the approach well in advance. There were some horror stories including a society lady who walked confidently into her reception in seamed fishnets much to her husband horror. A groom shocked to see both his bride and chief bridesmaid in red stockings. Seemingly they had selected him together and he quite liked the idea. A wife in nude stockings who had the best man listed for alternate dances with her husband. A wife in black stockings assuring her husband it would only be a couple of times per year and another wife in grey assuring her husband that it was the best financial option for them and they would be 'mortgage free' before thinking about kids. It really was a mad world.

Grace's organisational skills were fantastic, supported by an army of friends and family; the church and wedding service were perfect. We retired for a couple of hours 'rest' before the evening celebration and managed an early consummation of the marriage before getting ready to meet everyone for the evening celebration.

I didn't think twice when Grace handed me a box tied with a ribbon. I opened it and saw them: nude stockings... my heart sank.

Grace tried to explain. "I know you were hoping for white, but the vast majority of brides chose nude these days and its encouraged by the women's groups, you know white is frowned upon as being too submissive. And those groups are linked to career opportunities and social standing."

I slumped to a chair and thought about stopping the whole thing, requesting an annulment; no doubt there would be punitive financial implications.

Struggling to form words I managed, "An what is it you might want?"

"Nothing Rob, I promise I love you and I want to be the best wife for you. There is no one else and no plan in mind. It's just impossible to predict the future and it plays out better with the women's lobby. Anyway who is to say where either of us will be in 20 years time?"

It was true, the women's groups were only too keen to criticise anyone choosing white, but I thought what we meant to each other was bigger than all of that.

"I know where I want to be in 20, 30 and 40 years Grace; I'm making that commitment to you."

"And I don't have intentions other than spending my life with you."

Christ I thought, what about when everyone else sees the colour I will be mortified with embarrassment. Grace seemed to read my mind.

"I talked my options through with your mum and mine, they are expecting this choice. The bridesmaids have quietly let people know as well. So there won't be any surprised or shocked faces. Any way when was the last wedding we saw white, it's just not the done thing."

"Shame you never thought to include me in those discussions."

"I tried, I really did but I got so nervous every time. I just kept putting it off; I was scared of disappointing you or even losing you, I still am!"

"I thought we were different to other people, special even."

"We are special, this changes nothing about us I only ever want you. Please say my choice is ok."

I frowned at the lack of consistency in her replies and actions. "You always have a choice Grace, so do I, even though that might make my life extraordinarily difficult now."

In the end I accepted her decision but refused to help her put them on. During the celebration I smiled pretended it didn't matter, palmed off the reason as being a women's guild thing and that it meant nothing. Grace seemed unaware of any issue, I noticed her dancing with guys; were they encouraged by her stocking choice or was I being paranoid. I got pretty drunk in an effort to supress all of my doubts. Grace seemed to treat it all as an irrelevance and never mentioned it again, she was just upset I drank so much but was oblivious to why.

Years and years later, my decision to marry Grace was confirmed at the right choice. We had raised 2 children Lauren and Callum relatively successfully and they were off to college and making the most of University life. Now empty nesters in our late forties, I loved the extra time we had to ourselves and was looking forward to our silver anniversary.

*****

Grace

Life was good, I remained happily married to my wonderful Rob and looked forward to celebrating our silver wedding anniversary The kids were settled and away at college, this left me at a bit of a loose end but I picked up some hours at work which helped fill the gap.

I really enjoyed work, there was a group four of us Personal Assistants who supported the Directors: myself, Susan, Helen and Jane. We were all married, worked closely together and got on really well despite being very different people. We'd been friends for years and enjoyed regular nights out, going to the gym together, having lunches, coffees and some Spa days.

Our unofficial leader was Susan; she was 46, 5ft 7, with blonde collar length hair. As chair of the local women's guild she was obsessed with women's rights and very direct and to the point. She flirted a lot in the office especially with the young interns, favouring fitted skirts and tight blouses which had the guys eating out of her hands whilst ogling her voluptuous figure. On evenings out she made the most of her curves and cleavage, openly enjoying the attention they often attracted.

Helen was 42, black hair with a wedge cut shorter at the back and longer in the front; she was funny and quick witted. Tall at 5ft10 and naturally athletic she took fitness seriously, maintaining a slim figure. Jane the youngest at 39, she had deep brown eyes and long dark hair, which she wore in a never ending range of styles. Quieter than the rest of us yet easily capable enough to hold own in any conversation.

It was during a lunch that Jane started asking questions about our stocking colours when we got married, we had also chosen nudes, although Susan flirted with the idea of seamed ones. None of us had explored options outside our marriages except for Susan. She suggested we were missing out and had the right to do with our bodies what we wanted. This became a topic of hot debate over the ensuing weeks. We discussed our temptations and desires, what started as outlandish fantasies ideas became more and more normalised in repeated conversation.

It was Susan who suggested we should all flirt more with the interns, there were five of them, all good looking guys in their mid 20's. I wasn't so sure but quite liked the attention when they visited the office. I was flattered catching Brad one of the guys checking out my cleavage; I didn't hide or cover it up. After that he was a regular visitor and I made sure to give him eyeful, it was just a bit of fun. The other girls were doing much the same and we had a good laugh exchanging details of our antics.

Again it was Susan who suggested raising the stakes and that we wear our stockings regularly for work. It would send a message to both the interns and our husbands that we were free independent women. The interns took the hint and the level of flirting increased significantly.

I let Josh catch a glimpse of my stocking top and loved his reaction, he looked to be in lust and I felt giddy with it. We were invited to lunch regularly by the guys and didn't object to an odd touch and cheeky innuendos. We let the guys look and undid an extra button if they were around; the sexual tension was ramping up. No one was embarrassment and we were open about it at work.

Rob did ask about my choice of clothes and the change to stockings and I initially excused it as just playing along with the women's guild. When he wasn't convinced I admitted it felt good and I liked the attention but it was just a bit of fun. He wasn't happy and got a bit sulky about it.

It was on a girl's night out that we discussed what we really like to do to the interns. It started as just a salacious fantasy chat until Susan said that if that's what we wanted then we should make in happen.

She said we could organise a weekend away and meet up with the interns for some fun. Describing it all in terms of the rights of the modern woman and that it was honest as we were simply following through on the choices we indicated on our wedding days all those years previously.

When I asked if we would keep it a secret she was adamant it was our right and there was absolutely no need to hide it.

How on earth was I going to explain this to Rob? After avoiding the topic for as long as I could I finally mentioned a potential girl's weekend end away which he accepted without too much concern.

It all became very real after Susan booked a lodge for the weekend, and invited the interns. I dropped more hints to Rob until finally admitting that some other guests might be dropping by.

He knew the implication immediately. He looked hurt, so hurt and just glared at me... I wanted to take it all back.

I tried to hurry on explaining it was just a short trip, nothing was planned and nothing might happen.

Hi response was to the point, "Bollocks!"

I tried again this time explaining that without trying to rub his face in it, I was following through on the nudes from all of those years ago, so it wasn't cheating.

He actually laughed at that point. I found myself using some of Susan's words. It was my body and I had right to do with it what I chose. No man had the right to tell me what I could or couldn't do.

I thought it was hatred in his eyes but it dawned on me he just looked disappointed.

"I've never told you what to do, but we've always taken decisions together. Now you have unilaterally decided to do something completely selfish. Are you sure you have thought through the implications of your decision?"

"Of course, it hasn't been a quick or easy decision Rob, I do love you but I feel like I need this."

I was about to add something about self-fulfilment and him slowing down a bit but thought better of it when I saw the look on his face. That look of disappointed in me again but not devastation. I knew he was a strong character and would cope. I couldn't argue with what he had said, but I remained determined. I vowed to have my weekend's fun; satisfy the urges the flirting has stirred up and then devote myself to Rob just as I had for the previous 25 years.

We exchanged our husband's reactions at work. Susan was adamant there was little they could do in response. They would sulk but divorce and separation were really viable unless the wife agreed. The legal system supported women's right to choose and only women's could instigate divorce these days. Even if granted a divorce was usually appalling for men, virtual bankruptcy and only seeing the children when the mother saw fit. As a result we agreed to go through with it and thought the consequences could be managed given time.

We all went lingerie shopping in preparation for the weekend which further hyped up our desires. That continued as we speculated about the interns and their assets over a wined filled lunch. We had spa day with hair-styling, pedicures, makeup session and waxing. I thought about what to wear, wanting to feel sexy and realising a need to impress; then immediately feeling guilty about Rob. When was the last time I made so much effort for him? At least that was something else I could put right when I returned. He could enjoy the results of the waxing and the lingerie as well.

I was incredibly nervous in the days leading up to the weekend, continuously playing over what might go wrong and checking details with my friends. Then disaster struck: Jane pulled out. Initially saying her mum was ill but it became obvious that she was having doubts about the whole thing. Her husband had gone off the deep end and they were arguing constantly. Susan was furious and threatened to involve the guild, arguing he was using emotional blackmail and acting in a controlling manner; Jane begged her not to. I wondered if Jane had the right idea and thought Helen might pull out as a result but she and Susan remained adamant. Susan even remarked that it would mean more cock for the rest of us, there would be 5 guys and only 3 women at the lodge. The realisation that we were going to have multiple partners dawned on me. More doubts rattled my brain but they were suppressed by the fact I really wanted it to happen now, and you only live once right?

Rob was sullen, repeatedly asking if I was sure it was what I wanted and that there was no going back on some things. His questions began to irritate me; I didn't want to consider what he was saying. I just needed to get this over with and stop prolonging the agony. I was a strong independent woman making my own choices and wouldn't be made to feel guilty. I tried to get on his good side by offering sex and for the first time I could remember he rejected me. I was furious and thought it was another reason to justify seeking satisfaction elsewhere.

When I got ready to leave for the weekend on Friday, I was feeling excited and sexy. That evaporated when I saw the way Rob looked at me. The usual smile upon seeing me was replaced with one of distaste.

He said I looked stunning, another blow to my feelings of guilt.

His eyes filled with tears as did mine, he started saying that he thought we were good but his words trailed off...

I replied that we are still good, great in fact! That he was a fantastic husband and I would be back before he knew it and be all his for ever.

Hi final words as I left were, "I guess we all have choices to make."

I didn't want to prolong the agony so left without replying. Picking up Susan and Helen, their enthusiasm stopped me thinking too much about Rob and the difficult conversation before I left. The guys were already at the lodge when we arrived and greeted us with hugs and friendly kisses, it felt good.

I asked Brad to help with my case and then help me unpack, the others did the same. I loved the way he reacted to the lingerie in my case. I asked if he had a favourite and said I would keep it in mind.

We all got ready for dinner I chose a little silver dress. Feeling brave I matched it with black stockings and heels, Susan got the implication as soon as she saw me, calling me a wanton harlot. Everyone else was bemused until she explained: black stockings meant I was open to a hung black man. She turned to Josh and said

"Looks like you're up stud."

We enjoyed a very flirty dinner and the sexual tension was ramping up. It was Helen who broke the ice fully:

"I think it's only fair the girls see what the boys have got to offer... you all need to strip."

It was a command they all followed; I was shocked that each of them simply stood up started to remove shirts revealing firm and toned torsos. Shoes were kicked off and jeans and pants removed, to reveal some impressively swollen meaty cocks. The three of us looked at each other, the implications clear, we were going to be well and truly fucked.

There was silence as we continued checking out what swung in front of us. They all seemed well endowed.

satindesires
satindesires
1,324 Followers
12