All Comments on 'Nurse Jenny Experiences Midway Ch. 06'

by BlewWater69

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great Yet Again, Hopefully Not Last!!!

This is yet again another great story that kept me interested the whole time. I really hope this is not nearly the last Nurse Jenny story and would even like to hear about eventual reunions with Jerry and Brad. Also, some more nurse play would be fun, but mostly I definately hope you will write more about Jenny.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great story

Keep em coming!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great to hear you're continuing this series

Have enjoyed this series since I got into it..Are you

sure this is fiction?? sounds like by old days in the service..Love your style of writting just continue on..

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Keep Going

The series is very well done, and it would be a shame to end it now. I would relly appreciate you continuing as it's not very often a series of stories of this quality comes along.

Larry Branaman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Very Good Story that taught me a few things

This well-written story has a solid plot with a diverse group of likeable, believable characters, placed in a setting we all should know more about. Most stories about the June, 1942 Battle of Midway concentrate on what happened on board the carriers, the fate of Torpedo 8, the 15-plane torpedo bomber squadron that lost all of tis planes and all but one man, Ensign Gay, and like 'at sea' events. This account of doings on Midway Island itself fills a gap, and brings our some aspects I hadn't heard before, like the existance of enlisted nurses (I thought nurses were all officers), and the fact that Midway is not one but several islands. The author's license regarding the nurses' "activities" may or may not be accurate, but the story is well and fully developed, the characters believable, even if not fully fleshed out (e.g., we aren't sure of all of the nurses ages, educational background, status (RN, LPN, ?) or other facts. Yet the story is interesting, very entertaining, and also quite informative for me, and I'm a WWII history buff.

The restrictive morality of the time and the decidedly secondary and subservent role ASSIGNED typically to women was placed under great presure in WWII - we all know about the Rosie the Riviters who went into the factories, freeing up the men to go fight the war, altering forever the view that women's place was, nearly exclusively, in the home. But what about the changes brought about by the realization that for many couples, the night before (usually) the boy shipped out was perhaps the last time they would see each other, that it was a time to make it count, dispite then-contemporaty standards of virtue and protectiveness. These then-young people's children were the ones who changed everything in the sixties and seventies, for better AND worse. The survivors of this epic struggle were educated, in large part through the GI Bill, and their opened and invigorated perspectives led to the explosion of knowledge and its near universal availability to everyone, male and female, so that the massive changes we've experienced were made possible.

BlewWater69 is writing about our "greatest generation", and he's (she's? - the woman's perspective seems well-presented here, maybe from an 'inside' perspective?) doing a really fine job. MORE! MORE! and Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
See her through the War please

You write too well to leave such a fine and truly different story line just hanging.

Take as long as you want and use as many chapters as your fertile imagination needs, but please get Jenny fully experienced sexually and perhaps? back to Nebraska to find Jerry.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
awsome story

great story.....really got into all of the charactors,like to hear about more of their adventures and what happens to em. dont leave us hangin now.....keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Thank You for a Great Story

You must have experienced those days and times. I doubt anyone could have only thought about such details and writing about Jenny's intimate moments with patients. It was such a good story that I kept looking for another chapter to appear in the new category. I finally had to go through each category and title until I found Nurse Jenny again. If you will, please continue the story and tell about her activities at her next assignment.

Please! Tex

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
stunning

I cannot believe how great a writer you are! I'm slowly working down your list of stories, and have yet to find one that I didn't love.

You're fantastic, and I hope that you keep up all of the wonderful work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
fantastic

what a great writer you are...loved the way you went into details of the war etc keeping it real would love to read the next parts where she gets home and meets up with jerry

again hopefully for ever and do ben and jerry found an ice cream factory with may and jenny??? xxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Enjoyable

I've really enjoyed this lovingly sexy story. I hope you continue the book further. There's a lot of WW II left for the nurses to see. Look what they did with "MASH"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Fantastic

It was really nice to read a story with a plot and character development. The stories on Lit (for obvious reasons) revolve around sex, whereas your stories have action, well-written dialogue, and romance. Not to even mention the startlingly accurate historical references!Thanks for your contributions and keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Please more of Nurse Jenny

this is a great story. Has right mix of sex and action. I could not stop reading it until I got to the end. Please more of Nurse Jenny and the other nurses. I would love see one of those hollywood ends. where Nurse Jenny find Jerry after the war

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A Truly Amazing Story

I know i'm commenting a little late, but i simply must express my deep enjoyment of this series. Hoping for a sequel, -Pete

froggy1939froggy1939over 8 years ago
Jenny on Midway

This is a very well written story. You have maintained the narrative in an exciting and enticing way. I'm sure there were a lot of encounters between nurses and wounded sailors, Marines, soldiers and airmen during WWII. I've been to both Midway (once) and Hawaii (a lot) and your description, although many years before my time, shows you either did your research very well or had been on the ground. I hope we will get to revisit Jenny.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Second Time Around

Another fine bit of writting! Your first was as awesome as this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A good story

I enjoyed this series very much, and would like to add that I think you should continue it. As this is fiction, history can slip a bit, but you should be careful about major historical errors.

For instance, Italy wasn't an active theater in 1942, just a plan that Churchill was pushing for. That didn't happen until mid-1943. Even North Africa, was still six months away as of the Midway battle.

That aside, I can see where a shift in focus could be in order. I enjoy stories about young women who become sexual and develop as lovers. This series did a good job with Jenny. You might consider shifting to May.

According to this site here (https://sites.google.com/site/americanmilitarynursesinwwii/the-pacific-theater-2), for Guadalcanal, New Caledonia was where the military hospitals were set up. There are some interesting details that would make good story elements there, such as the nurses being housed behind guarded fences. Imagine the scheming newly sexual young women would have to be to get their urges satisfied!

Offered for what it's worth. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a lovely story of Jenny.. It made me feel like I was sweet 16.. Feel sorry for Jenny to end it in such a way. Thats life and hopefully she is fine and relaxed.

Jerry must be thrilled at the excitment.. I wish I was in his place.. Love it to the core.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlewWater69@BlewWater69
2593 Followers
I hope what you read is entertaining to you. That is all I intend. I try to appeal to many readers, so if one aspect or another of a story is not to your liking, please just ignore and move on.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES