Occurrence at Little Mey Lake

Story Info
Ben's dismal family vacation takes an unexpected turn.
16.8k words
4.75
31.5k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note to Readers

This is the second story I have submitted to Literotica and the first one written specifically for the site. I've discovered that I really enjoy writing erotic short stories. I have another one well underway and four or five good ideas for others. So if you like this story, more are on the way.

If you're tempted to conclude that the nineteen year old man in this story is unrealistically ignorant and naïve about women and sex, I would encourage you to consider the era in which the story is set:

Sex education was virtually non-existent then.

The sexual revolution hadn't yet occurred.

There was no internet or mass media.

Societal attitudes toward sex were more puritanical.

Television and advertising weren't saturated with sex, and sex and nudity in movies was rare.

Lady parts and even pubic hair were never seen in Playboy.

Pornography was hard to come by.

For those of you who are not fans of pubic hair, Brazilian waxes didn't exist either :>)

I hope you enjoy the story. Comments and feedback are of course welcome, publicly or privately.

All sexually active characters in the story are eighteen or older.

* * * * * *

Day One

August 11, 1960

Ben sat in the back seat of the car watching the trees go by. Next to him were his two sisters, eight year-old twins Anna and Barbara, Double Trouble as he liked to call them. Thank God, he thought, Marge--Marge the Barge, at twenty-one, two years older than Ben was, a hundred pounds heavier, and a thousand times more obnoxious than anyone he had ever known, Vlad the Impaler in a gazillion size sack dress--had refused to come, preferring to stay home lying on the couch watching TV while cramming potato chips and Hostess Twinkies into her mouth. Rather than endure a screaming match and endless angry histrionics for the entire vacation, his parents had relented and let her stay home.

They drove along the narrow two-lane road through the woods of northern Minnesota. Edgar, his father, was looking for the turn-off to Little Mey Lake where he had rented a cabin at the Little Mey Lake Resort for the next two weeks. They had been in the car for seven hours and Double Trouble took turns loudly demanding to know "Are we there yet?" His mother would turn around every time, glare at them and say "No, stop asking!" Two minutes later the ritual would be repeated.

"Aha!" Edgar yelled, "There it is." The car slowed. Ahead on the right was a small dirt road and a faded blue and yellow sign proclaiming LITTLE MEY LAKE RESORT--THE FINEST RESORT IN NORTHERN MINNESOTA!

"Here we are!" he proclaimed, as he turned onto the road. The car continued on the bumpy rutted road through the trees until it eventually emerged in a clearing. It stopped in front of a ramshackle wooden building with a small faded "OFFICE" sign tacked above the door. Beyond the building, Ben could see a handful of cabins scattered among the trees. Beyond them he caught glimpses of Little Mey Lake, poor cousin to Great Mey Lake four miles away. He had argued that they should go there but his father insisted, against obvious reality, that Little Mey Lake was better. Plus, he added, Great Mey Lake is ridiculously expensive.

"Stay in the car," Edgar ordered, another unnecessary order in a limitless stream of unnecessary orders he issued to his family. He got out of the car and disappeared into the office. Ben sank back into the seat, impatient to get out of the claustrophobic car and away from its occupants for a while. He couldn't see much of the resort from where he sat but it sure didn't look like much. After what seemed an eternity, Edgar emerged from the office and got in the car. "Cabin Five," he announced as he started the car.

Cabin Five, like the office and all the other cabins, was old and ramshackle. In front of it were a cooking pit with a grill and a picnic table. A few lawn chairs were placed along the front of the cabin under an awning. It wasn't bad inside with running water and an indoor toilet. Ben was unhappy to see that it only had two bedrooms, meaning he would have to share one with the twins, something certain to interfere with his favorite nocturnal activity. There was no TV. What the hell am I going to do?

When Ben and his father had finished unloading the car, Edgar yelled "Come on Dorothy, time to get some groceries. There's a store six or seven miles down the road." As his parents got in the car, Edgar yelled at him "Watch the twins!"

Great, he thought, then brightened. "Hey Anna and Barb, let's go look around." As they walked down toward the lake, he counted seven other cabins but couldn't tell if they were occupied or not. Beyond the cabins was a grassy area with some old playground equipment--a few swings, a teeter-totter and a slide. Two children, a boy and a girl who looked about Anna and Barb's age, and looked like they were twins themselves, were sitting on swings watching them. The twins stopped and stood there looking at them before Ben, with his own interests in mind, said "Go say hello or something." The twins looked at each other and headed off to do so. He watched for a moment then walked down to the lake. A weathered old pier extended about thirty feet out into the water. Next to the pier, three beaten-up aluminum canoes were pulled up on a gently sloping grassy bank. The swimming area was a similar bank on the other side of the pier and a wooden raft floated some fifty feet from the shore.

He walked along the shoreline. What seemed to be a hiking trail led off into the trees along the shore and he followed it for ten minutes or so before it petered out in a marshy area. He turned and came back to the main clearing. The two sets of twins were playing some sort of tag game. He looked around and noticed what seemed to be a worn path through the trees on the opposite side of the clearing from the playground. As he approached it, he could see another ramshackle wooden building partially hidden by the trees. He followed the path and when he came to the building he saw that it was bigger than the cabins and a hand-painted sign over the door said SHOWERS.

He opened the door and went in. It was dim and gloomy inside. There was an overhead light with a bare bulb and a pull cord to turn it on. He found himself in a narrow passage facing an eight-foot high partition made from old gray wooden boards with four doors spaced along it. The inside of the building was of open design with the peaked roof high above the partition. He opened one of the doors and stepped into a spacious shower enclosure. A wooden bench ran along the front, and there were pegs for clothes, and a small shelf on the rear wall for soap and shampoo and pegs for towels behind the shower. He stood in the middle of the enclosure and smiled. Perfect, he thought.

Heading back to the cabin, he corralled the twins. "Come on, Mom and Dad are back." They trudged back to the cabin."

"About time," Edgar growled, "Get the beer out of the trunk and take it inside. Lazy bum, Ben thought as he lugged a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon inside then returned for the second one and the third.

He went to bed earlier than normal after a boring evening sitting in front of the cabin watching wood burn and enduring his father's endless fault-finding pontifications on anything and everything in the world.

Day Two

"Can we go canoeing today?" Ben asked as they were eating breakfast at the picnic table in front of the cabin.

Edgar looked at him. "Naw, I wanna go fishing. You're coming too. I'll teach you how to fish." Sure you will, Ben thought, but dutifully followed his father to the office to rent fishing gear and buy bait. For the next two hours he sat at the end of the pier watching his bobber float undisturbed on the surface. When he heard Edgar start to snore in his lawn chair, he quietly reeled in his line and sneaked away to return the equipment to the office.

"How'd the fishing go?" asked the owner as he took the rod and reel.

"You mean there's fish in that lake?" Ben asked.

As he walked back toward the cabins he saw the two sets of twins down at the playground. There was a girl with them who looked to him that she was about his age. He decided to go check her out.

"Hey Double Trouble, what are you up to?"

The twins glared at him. 'What are you up to?" they retorted in unison.

"I'm about dead from boredom."

"This is my sister," the other girl suddenly announced. "Her name is Wendy. She's in college."

He looked at the girl. She stared back at him with a look he didn't understand. "I'm Ben," he said awkwardly. Her expression changed a bit but he still didn't understand it.

"Do you think she's pretty?" asked the little girl.

"Carrie!"

"Well, don't you want to know? He might want to kiss you."

"Carrie Ann, stop it!" But Carrie asked him "Do you?"

He couldn't help but look at Wendy again. She was shorter than he was, skinny and seemed awkward. She wasn't exactly pretty, he thought, but she might be if she tried.

"I gotta go," he blurted and hurried off.

After lunch, he took a lawn chair down toward the lake and found a spot where he could see most of the cabins, and more importantly, the path to the showers. He sat down and opened The Return of the King. He had been reading The Lord of the Rings for what seemed like forever but he was half-way through the last book now. The book was a subterfuge though, his real purpose was to surreptiously watch the camp grounds. He hadn't seen many of the occupants of the other cabins yet, particularly the adults, particularly the women.

He had little interest in girls his own age. He thought mature women in their thirties, or even as old as his mother, were the sexiest women imaginable. In fact, he was filled with hormonal love for the woman who lived in the house next door back in Dubuque--Joanne.

Joanne had moved in with her husband Don and newborn son Jamie last summer. She wasn't beautiful or anything but she had an appeal and natural sexiness that he couldn't really explain. Maybe because she was so easy-going and friendly, especially with him. For some reason, his father had taken an instant dislike to the new neighbors, especially Don. His mother, under pressure from Edgar, followed his lead and rebuffed Joanne's friendly overtures. His father even went so far as to refuse to help when Don suggested they should try to stabilize an eroding bank behind the houses that was eating away at both back yards. "He's a fucking idiot," his father snorted, sitting by the window at the end of the dinner table where he liked to drink his beer and issue his condemnations. "He'll fuck it up and make it worse." But his father didn't answer when Ben asked him what Don should do. So he helped Don, toiling for most of Saturday and Sunday for two weekends. Together they stopped the erosion.

He became friends with the new neighbors, especially Joanne. He didn't see much of Don, who travelled a lot for his job. It didn't take long for Joanne to recognize how difficult his home life was. So she provided him a peaceful refuge where he could escape the unpleasantness. He loved spending time with her, especially when Don was away travelling. They played board games together or watched TV, sometimes until the wee hours of the morning, and she sometimes gave him a beer, which he wasn't allowed to have at home.

Being a testosterone-driven and sexually inexperienced nineteen year old, it was inevitable that he would develop an attraction to Joanne. He would sometimes get erections just sitting at the table with her, playing a card game. Sitting next to her on the sofa watching TV was even more erotic. The height of his arousal came one night while they were watching a late-night horror movie. The movie was particularly disturbing and delighted in shocking its audience with sudden bloody violence, causing he and Joanne to move closer together out of shared dread. During one ominous scene in which an unawares young woman foolishly wanders further and further into mortal danger, Joanne took hold of his hand and entwined her fingers with his. When the sudden and blood splattering demise of the girl inevitably startled them, Joanne screamed, throwing her arms into the air, taking Ben's hand along with hers. When their hands came down, they landed on Joanne's leg, the side of his hand resting on the bare skin of her thigh--since, as it happened, she was wearing shorts. She left it there and all of his senses save touch faded away and his sole awareness was the feel of her thigh under his hand. An erotic shock pulsated from it and filled his body, transporting him to realms previously unknown, and unknowable to him. He would never forget that moment; it was one of the most erotic experiences of his life.

He always took great pains to try and hide the physical evidence of his arousal but he wasn't sure if Joanne ever noticed. He wondered what she would do if she did. His speculations on the question inevitably led him to a number of exciting fantasies, fulfilled nocturnally through shaking hands with the Milkman.

By the end of the day, he had seen three women, all with small children, that he found interesting. One, whom he liked the best, wore a bikini as she walked down to the swimming area with two small children in tow. He shifted his chair slightly so he could watch her as she played with her children or lay on a blanket sunning herself. There was also an older woman, at least forty, he thought, with a daughter that looked to be of college age. He found both of them sexy.

Around five-thirty, he folded up the chair and started back to the cabin. He had determined that for most of the day people took showers at unpredictable times. But there was a long gap between three and five o'clock. So, four o'clock, he decided.

As he walked back to the cabin, he saw the girl from yesterday alone in the playground, sitting on a swing. He tried to pretend he didn't see her.

"Hey," she called as he walked by. "Come over here."

He stopped and looked at her. "What for?"

"I want to ask you something."

He looked around and then walked over to her. "Yeah?"

"Do you want to kiss me? If you do, I'll let you."

He was startled. He had forgotten about her little sister teasing her. Her name is Wendy he recalled. "Wendy...I...uhh..." he mumbled, a half-dozen conflicting reactions roiling his brain. He had only ever kissed a girl two times in his life--one was in first grade and he didn't like it. The other was during a game of Spin-the-Bottle when he was in the seventh grade. His only recollection of the kiss was that it was messy. Unnerved, he looked at Wendy while trying to decide what to do--say no and run, admit to her he didn't really know how, or do it and hope she wouldn't scorn his efforts. But something insistent was pushing him to do it.

"Okay, but let's go into the woods so nobody sees us." He walked a little ways in with Wendy following him. When it seemed safe, he turned around. She stepped closer and stood there, apparently expecting him to take the initiative.

What do I do now? He wondered. They stood looking at each other. Then he saw an expression cross her face that maybe was the beginning of anger. Maybe she thinks I don't want to kiss her. He suddenly leaned forward to kiss her, a little too quickly though, and his nose banged into her's. "Sorry," he mumbled, pulling back a little. He started to lean forward again and as he did, Wendy tilted her head a little to one side, removing her nose from his path. He puckered his lips and touched them to hers. There was no reaction that he could tell so he started giving her little fish-like kisses with his puckered lips. Still no response. He didn't know what to do next so he stopped and just held his lips against hers.

"Ewww!" Wendy suddenly snorted, jerking back. "You don't even know how to kiss!" She turned and ran.

Day Three

"Can we go canoeing today?" Ben again asked at breakfast.

"No," Edgar barked.

"The twins want to go swimming," added his mother. "Your father and I are not going in the water so you need to be there to watch them."

Gawd, babysitting. What a vacation.

So he spent the morning keeping the twins out of trouble. They liked to try and splash water in his face but he had to admit that it was fun when they tried to push his head under water and he wrestled them into submission. When the twins and his parents went back to the cabin, he swam out to the raft. He sat looking back at the camp and warming in the sun. He watched a few families as they came to swim and play in the water. The college girl and her mother appeared and spread out a blanket where they talked or read or just lay in the sun.

After lunch, he sat in front of the cabin reading The Return of the King. Every twenty minutes or so he impatiently went into the cabin to check the time.

Finally four o'clock came. He got a towel and headed for the shower building. As he expected, it was deserted. He went into the last shower on the right, latched the door but left the light off, and undressed.

He stood under the shower, letting the hot water wash over him. He closed his eyes...

and was in Iowa...in Joanne's house...sitting with her on her living room sofa.

"Can we practice again?

Joanne looked at him with a bemused smile. "Again?"

"Yeah..."he stammered. "I want to get better before I ask some girl to go to the movies with me."

Joanne turned to him and leaned forward, her hand coming up to hold his cheek. She bent her head to him and kissed him, slowly, sensually. Ben put one arm around her shoulders and the other across her waist to hold her to him. He closed his eyes and savored the feel of her body and long moist kiss. He wondered why she was willing to help him practice like this so many times. Didn't she know it was a ruse? It must be because she likes kissing me.

Soon he felt a familiar stirring in his loins. Unlike before, he decided to not fight it. His erection grew large and the next time Joanne paused her kisses, he was sure she saw it. But after a moment, her lips again found his. Lost in the pleasure of Joanne, he lost track of time. Then, almost unaware of it, he slowly moved his hand up her side. When she made no effort to halt its movement, he tentatively touched the side of her breast...then moved his hand over it and held it in his palm. He realized he had been holding his breath and let it out. Joanne's lips seemed to become more eager, more insistent. He gently explored the breast, afraid that if he touched it the wrong way or squeezed it too hard, it would all end. Then he moved his hand to the other breast. Again Joanne didn't stop him. It suddenly struck him like a thunderbolt--she likes me touching her! The thought took his breath away. Then he felt a hand on his leg. Joanne's fingers curled down the inside of his thigh and gently caressed it, just below his straining penis. And he knew the moment he had long dreamed of, but never thought possible, had arrived.

He undid the top button of Joanne's blouse. She looked down and watched as he unbuttoned the next one and the next until there were no more buttons to undo. He opened the blouse and looked at her bra-covered breasts. As he moved his hand to touch their swell above the bra, he felt Joanne's hand move to touch his erection through his jeans. As she explored its shape, he tried slipping his fingers under the bra. It was too tight but Joanne reached behind her with one hand and the bra miraculously fell loose. He pulled it down below her breasts and took in their incredible beauty--firm and lovely, with pink nipples. He felt his jeans being unbuttoned and then a long pull on his zipper. He looked down to see Joanne's hand slide into his briefs. Her fingers touched lightly over the length of his straining cock then curled around it. Her thumb begin stroking its slippery head with a circular motion and her lips found his again. He closed his eyes and moaned at the incandescent pleasure.