All Comments on 'Occurrence at Little Mey Lake'

by midnightnightscrawler

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One off the best stories on this wonderful website, kind regards John

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 1 year ago

Excellent - well done and thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well that was intense, well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

But who was she…..?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely tale. One jarring issue. How can their eyes meet if he’s blindfolded?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was a lovely and erotic coming of age story. Very well done!

WittonWittonover 1 year ago

I was eighteen that summer - and I congratulate you on making your protagonist very real.

I do think that he - and she, too - would have been concerned about birth control and its apparent absence.

It seemed that at least one girl out of each my high school's classes of 60 or 70 total would engage in a shotgun wedding before graduation - and the scuttlebutt suggested that a couple of other girls - one in my class, one in the class just behind - experienced some considerable emotional distress for short periods that their respective periods were late, but finally appeared

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m thinking about Edgar, the father. Unless he was 4F or employed in some vital industry (seems unlikely), he almost certainly served in WWll. Two observations follow from this. He was probably self-medicating PTSD with his beer consumption. And, he was absent until Ben was about 5. Do these two things alter our perception of this story? 5 stars, by the way.

midnightnightscrawlermidnightnightscrawlerover 1 year agoAuthor

Interesting question. Edgar is based on my own father who was an emotionally abusive alcoholic. He was a radio operator on a B-17 bomber in the European theater. He never talked about so I don't know what he went through. It's possible he did suffer some form of PTSD.

rothningrothningover 1 year ago

Lovely story with a nice progression, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You got me. I cannot stop crying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You have to have lived this, or something similar. It's about the changes in perception of the environment around you. How the light filters through the trees. The sounds you suddenly hear. The deep beauty and intricacy of a leaf. Everything becomes sharp and focused. The first time you let it in. The first time that impacts you for the rest of your life. I know. It happened to me.

midnightnightscrawlermidnightnightscrawlerover 1 year agoAuthor

Dear Anonymous,

You are very perceptive. Many things in the story are based on my life (unfortunately not the actual sex!) My alcoholic and emotionally abusive father; my horrid, probably mentally-ill older sister; Joanne the next door neighbor who provided me the sanctuary and emotional support described in the story, whose bare thigh my hand once accidently rested on, and who I will never stop loving; the family vacation at a modest lakeside resort in Minnesota that I recreated as best my memory would allow; and the shower building.

The twins are fictional but based on two beautiful twin girls about ten or so that I observed delightfully teasing their older brother while he was fishing with his father and a couple of other men at the Indian River inlet north of Bethany Beach, Delaware. Most of the twin’s teases in the story are actual ones of these twins. When I created the twins in the first few moments of writing this story, I had no notion of how important they would turn out to be.

Finally, a woman at the resort. I have only a vague notion of what she looked like or the specifics of our interactions. All I remember is that we interacted and got to know each other somewhat and that I became totally enthralled with her. There was something about our interactions that caused my attraction, probably some sort of innocent teasing on her part that I read romantic or sexual implications into. The shower building was also somehow involved. And I remember the vague outlines of her appearance, including her in a bikini, which I tried to recreate in the story.

I am very glad that you perceived and so eloquently described the deeper meanings I hoped to convey--human connections, the importance of generosity, love, and sex in one’s life. I am glad that it happened for you.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great read. I have experienced similar sensations that have resulted in coming in my sleep after which I can not easily return to my sleep.

At least they are more pleasurable then coming to consciousness with a roaring hard on but no orgasm, leaving me to crank it by hand to gain relief and then going to the bathroom to empty my bladder. Similarly, it is never clear who the woman of such dreams actually is. Only in my dreams

Shmcurdcc06Shmcurdcc063 months ago

So "peeping Tom" Ben, actively sets up a voyeur perch to invade the privacy of a woman.

Since this is fantasy, I can overlook the woman doing the one thing no woman would do under these circumstances.

I stopped after reading that she could see Ben's eyes after she had blindfolded him and wrapped her arm around his abdomen while standing in front of him.

Even stopping at that point, it appears that you are working through your own demons concerning an abusive childhood.

Lot's of us have had abusive parents. Some much worse than you can imagine.

Your options are to break the cycle, or become what you despise.

Is it easy? Hell no! Nothing worthwhile ever is.

If I'm correct in my assertion, then I wish you well in working through yours.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous