All Comments on 'Of Choices Made and Paths Taken'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks

You write such good stories.

Boyd Percy

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 5 years ago
Well written and wholly believable -5 stars

It was a true romance, thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Boy does that ring some bells!

Excellent story with a bittersweet ending. Not all stories have a happy ending. In the end it's what I didn't do that I regret. Now in my 60s I have to live with what I created. I also have to deal with old flames dying. Early onset Alzheimer's caught me by surprise and J with her flaming blonde hair was gone.

Tell us another.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Realistic story

A nice realistic story. Many men balk at taking on an existing family, and doing so can cause lots of problems unless every-one (and that means the kids too) is sure. Sad, but Jacob and Briana couldn't be.

Ray RobertsRay Robertsover 5 years ago
Average story with few highlights to draw in the reader

I gained nothing in reading this story. It was a roadway leading to nothing and it arrived and left leaving a feeling of absolutely nothing.

What a waste of time!

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 5 years ago
A good story

As a reader you feel for the characters. It was a nice twist that they didn't live "happily ever after" with each other. I like the story and the thought that went into it. Thanks for your hard work.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 5 years ago
Meh

I read it but the title threw me. Aggrieved means pissed off. The word you wanted was grieving. I’m not normally a spelling or grammar nattily but that’s a pretty significant difference.

That said, it was a good take on personalities and decisions. I can’t say I think much of a guy in his late 30s to early 40s that can’t commit, especially after banging his friend’s wife for months.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
The intersection of two lives

Bittersweet and compelling recollection of a brief intersection of two souls merged by circumstance. Very nice. Thank you. *****

robo057robo057over 5 years ago
Karma

In the end he couldn't get past the fact that her husband had died and so he got what he deserved, meritocracy in his next marriage. What a fool and being sorry years later only added justice to his lack courage when maybe a talk about his concerns would probably have resolved the issues. Karma.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Can't say I blame him

In all honesty she went about everything the wrong way. From the beginning she set out to find a father for her kids and seduced Jacob very quickly after they started dating with that in mind. She could tell the situation bothered him yet she plowed ahead regardless. At no point did she attempt to talk it through with him, at least not so the story indicated. Only once is it mentioned that she included her children in one of their dates so that they could get to know each other and Jacob could see what he would be getting into. Most of all, the specter of Saint Matt, her first love, he who was so wonderful, was never addressed other than a vague reference that she knew it must be a little awkward for Jacob to date a widow with three kids. She displayed a sad lack of sensitivity towards his insecurities, turning to arguments when he refused to buy her a ring instead of trying to discuss what was bothering him and how they could work it out together... the way people who are really in love would have.

Not saying it was all her fault by any means, just that his motivations were far more honest. She had her chance early on and blew it.They were doomed. Sadly realistic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
?

A story of a wimp an who wouldn't man up...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Jacob was a wimp! I know so many friends whose spouses died and they married each other. Jacob’s concern about Mathew’s ghost is stupid! Mathew told his wife to find a good replacement husband. Jacob should have realized that dying Mathew want him to take care of his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a dumbass!

On the other hand, Briana needed a man, so Jacob was not a possibility.

Maybe Literotica should start a new category: WIMP. This story is perfect for the first submission.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sad outcome as someone realizes they don’t have the balls - but wants the benefits!!!!!

He should have never gotten married - and never even had a steady. WIMP.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...