All Comments on 'Office Dominance'

by Originsunknown

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
EmirusEmirusover 4 years ago
It may be bdsm, Jim, but not as we know it! 🤔

I read this story by mistake. When it began I thought Claire was going to be the Mistress and, as I don’t read maledom, that’s when I would normally have stopped. But I was enjoying the story and decided to stick with it to see what happened and it turned out to be a love story.

It’s the first of your stories I’ve read (I don’t read many stories on this site nowadays) and I see it’s the first you’ve classed as bdsm. Except it’s not bdsm. I think it would have done much better if you’d selected Romance. It isn’t typical romance. My “Charlie, William and Anna” and “Early One Mourning” aren’t typical romance either. But, in my opinion, it would still fit better there because really there aren’t any bdsm activities in it. It’s not even a strong man exercising control. I think the appropriate phrase would be they are “topping him from the bottom.”

I would have liked to have seen more of his history with Jenna and the ending was rather abrupt. It was as if you just wanted to wrap it up as you had something else to do. At some time in the future you might consider writing a longer version, asking Laurel to delete this one (which she will do), and putting the new version in Romance as a new story. As I’ve said I think it would do much better. There are a few places where it needed an editor but not many Certainly not enough to spoil the story.

In view of your proliferation of submissions this month I assume you’ve either been stockpiling the stories or you’ve already had them published elsewhere. I don’t know why you’ve got so few views but I think the rating is low because of readers being disappointed because it wasn’t what they expected. I’ve ignored the category and read it as a story which is why I’ve given it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I agree with this story not really being BDSM

Marcus is too nice regarding the transgressions his subs make. Plus, there is no explanation for how he's got Claire acting like a trained and experienced sub when he's only really just gotten involved with her. He's also asking Jenna whether or not she wants to continue their relationship when he's supposed to be the one directing the action.

That said, it's a pleasant read. I'm sure you'll do better in the future.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOriginsunknown@Originsunknown
Been writing for a while, will be posting more, all that were mostly written for my wife. As much as I love feedback, be polite! As one of my readers pointed out, this is an amateur site, I'm no professional and write to arouse, not to make a living. Some of my stories have ...