Office Temptress Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Steve tried to throw himself into his work, burying himself in endless meetings and projects to drown out the memories of Louisa's laughter and the feel of her touch, yet every task only served to amplify the haunting echoes of Louisa's laughter and the phantom touch of her fingertips. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't escape the ghost of their love that lingered in the persistent shadows of his mind.

Then, on a fateful evening, as Steve sat alone in the dimly lit confines of his penthouse apartment, nursing a glass of smoky whiskey and staring out at the city skyline, there was a soft knock on the door.

With a sense of trepidation that quickened his pulse, Steve rose from his chair and approached the door, his heart pounding in his chest at the thought of who might be waiting on the other side.

As he swung the door open, he was met with the sight of Louisa standing before him, her eyes red-rimmed with tears and her expression one of sorrow and longing.

"Steve," she whispered... her voice a fragile tremor in the stillness of the night. "I couldn't stay away. I couldn't bear the thought of living without you."

Steve's heart skipped a beat at the sight of her, his emotions swirling in a tempest of conflicting desires. "Louisa," he replied, his voice thick with emotion. "I thought we agreed..."

But Louisa shook her head, her eyes pleading for forgiveness. "I know, Steve. But I can't live without you. I can't bear the thought of never seeing you again."

With a heavy heart, Steve pulled her into his arms, holding her close as tears streamed down both of their faces. "I can't promise anything, Louisa," he whispered. "But I can promise that I'll never stop loving you. No matter what happens." Tears mingled freely as they clung to one another, kissing.

And in that moment, as they clung to each other in the quiet solitude of the night, Steve knew that their love could never be extinguished, no matter how hard they tried. And as they embraced, he wondered, "Where to from here?"

To be continued...

In Office Temptress (continued 2)

12